Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Drug Bust in County

Big Drug Bust in County

Just read about the big drug bust in Eastland County on Microplex News. Way to go Drug Task Force and all the officers involved. Thanks for cleaning this kind of scum off our streets.

Re: Big Drug Bust in County

Microplex news is back?

http://www.alltexasradio.com/local.htmHere is the article from All Texas Radio:
    Undercover Investigation Nets Huge Drug Bust
    Criminal District Attorney Russ Thomason stated that on Tuesday Morning, October 21, 2008, approximately 20 law enforcement officers met in the District Attorneys Office and after a briefing planning meeting, began serving felony warrants on multiple defendants in various locations of Eastland County. The criminal complaints were the result of an Undercover Investigation conducted by the West Central Texas Interlocal Crime Task Force. Over the past 12 months the Task Force, while working in an undercover capacity, made numerous purchase of drugs from individuals throughout Eastland County, including Methamphetamine, Cocaine and Marijuana. Billy Schat, Commander of the West Central Texas Interlocal Crime Task Force, state that the investigation was successful due to the cooperation , assistance and participation of the following agencies: Eastland County Criminal District Attorneys Office, Eastland County Sheriff’s Department , Cisco Police Department, Eastland Police Department, Gorman Police Department, Ranger Police Department, DPS Highway Patrol Division and Eastland County’s Texas Ranger.

Persons in custody at press time as a result of this operation include: Johnny Lewis, Ronnie Southerland, William White, Billy Bob Parsons, Robert Histed, Ashley Hood, Joe Brown, David Cate, April Williams, Abel Delatorre and Amador Delatorre Jr. More arrests are expected in the following days.

In addition to these arrests, officers executed a search and arrest warrant on a residence in the City of Eastland. As a result of that warrant, Michael Shaun McDaniel and Dawn McDaniel were arrested.

Thomason further commented, “ Today’s operation was another successful step in stopping the spread of these poisonous drugs in our county. Drug dealers should be on notice that we are watching and working to shut them down.”

I'm surprised it is just now getting on the spin-I heard about it this morning.

Well thanks for telling me.

Sorry, JJ! We should go to lunch sometime and chat-since we are so busy at work.

Why is this thread on the Mad House ??
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." Winston Churchill

I'm glad to know they are making some headway in this never-ending battle. Many thanks to the persons involved in this.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmember View Post
    I'm surprised it is just now getting on the spin-I heard about it this morning.
    i heard it yesterday......
    If ya cant Dazzle them with Brilliance Baffle them with B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by HAYBALE View Post
    one upmanship? lol

Quote Originally Posted by HAYBALE View Post
    Yeah, me too! If you get a chance, drop by or call our DA and let him know you appreciate all the hard work that he put into this operation. It couldn't have happened without his leadership role. Thanks, Russ!

WAY TO GO!!! Get em' all!
    Philippians 4:13

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/conten...ext/?cid=56971

If this link works, it has the story, plus pictures of the ones that have been arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Yeah, me too! If you get a chance, drop by or call our DA and let him know you appreciate all the hard work that he put into this operation. It couldn't have happened without his leadership role. Thanks, Russ!
    bet you knew b4 me.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by BikerJJ View Post
    Microplex news is back?
    It's tempting, but unfortunately not. Still in a merger arrangement with the radio station....there are days I wish I could turn back the clock though...
    Until next time, this is "Crash" signing off!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysRadio View Post
    It's tempting, but unfortunately not. Still in a merger arrangement with the radio station....there are days I wish I could turn back the clock though...
    sigh

Quote Originally Posted by spinmember View Post
    http://www.alltexasradio.com/local.htmHere is the article from All Texas Radio:
    Undercover Investigation Nets Huge Drug Bust
    Criminal District Attorney Russ Thomason stated that on Tuesday Morning, October 21, 2008, approximately 20 law enforcement officers met in the District Attorneys Office and after a briefing planning meeting, began serving felony warrants on multiple defendants in various locations of Eastland County. The criminal complaints were the result of an Undercover Investigation conducted by the West Central Texas Interlocal Crime Task Force. Over the past 12 months the Task Force, while working in an undercover capacity, made numerous purchase of drugs from individuals throughout Eastland County, including Methamphetamine, Cocaine and Marijuana. Billy Schat, Commander of the West Central Texas Interlocal Crime Task Force, state that the investigation was successful due to the cooperation , assistance and participation of the following agencies: Eastland County Criminal District Attorneys Office, Eastland County Sheriff’s Department , Cisco Police Department, Eastland Police Department, Gorman Police Department, Ranger Police Department, DPS Highway Patrol Division and Eastland County’s Texas Ranger.

Persons in custody at press time as a result of this operation include: Johnny Lewis, Ronnie Southerland, William White, Billy Bob Parsons, Robert Histed, Ashley Hood, Joe Brown, David Cate, April Williams, Abel Delatorre and Amador Delatorre Jr. More arrests are expected in the following days.

In addition to these arrests, officers executed a search and arrest warrant on a residence in the City of Eastland. As a result of that warrant, Michael Shaun McDaniel and Dawn McDaniel were arrested.

Thomason further commented, “ Today’s operation was another successful step in stopping the spread of these poisonous drugs in our county. Drug dealers should be on notice that we are watching and working to shut them down.”
    well heck that's why McDaniel wouldn't answer the phone....I wonder now how long will it be til I get my tiles to my floor?....think I can give him a call there>?...
    Talent is God given, Be humble. Fame is man-given, Be grateful. Conceit is self-given, Be careful.”

Way to go EPD and all others involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was he selling floor tile? I thought he worked at Stanley Dodge.

He's been gone from Stanley for months.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysRadio View Post
    Me too, I miss it!
    We may not have it all together, but together we have it all. Live. Laugh. Love.
    Christie Funderburgh

Way too go Eastland Law Enforcement Agencies, DA, and Task Force!!!!!
    Way to !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakerjax View Post
    Why is this thread on the Mad House ??
    I moved it.

When are we going to legalize all this stuff and stop the erosion of our tax money. Heck! the state is broke. Perry wants to raid the Teacher Retirement Account to pay for all this stuff. When you can buy all you want and not be prosecuted for it out in West Texas according to the Texas Monthly. Or, just make a run down to Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by june View Post
    When are we going to legalize all this stuff and stop the erosion of our tax money. Heck! the state is broke. Perry wants to raid the Teacher Retirement Account to pay for all this stuff. When you can buy all you want and not be prosecuted for it out in West Texas according to the Texas Monthly. Or, just make a run down to Mexico.
    Nobody is somebody without someones help!

Dang, June. That was about brainless.

Blah, Blah, Blah

When are we going to legalize meth, cocaine, and other "stuff"? Maybe when Obama takes office. He is liberal enough to believe that's the right thing to do, and he has enough misinformed supporters to make it happen.

Perry doesn't want to raid the TRS to pay for "all this stuff". He wants TRS to invest... INVEST... in building toll roads in Texas, where the return on your investment is much more predictable than returns on the stock market. That's how retired teachers get their checks... from returns on investments!

When are we going to legalize meth, cocaine, and other "stuff"? Maybe when Obama takes office. He is liberal enough to believe that's the right thing to do, and he has enough misinformed supporters to make it happen.

Perry doesn't want to raid the TRS to pay for "all this stuff". He wants TRS to invest... INVEST... in building toll roads in Texas, where the return on your investment is much more predictable than returns on the stock market. That's how retired teachers get their checks... from returns on investments!
    Don't lump all liberals into one group. Most of us are anti drug also!! Are the only people you ever arrest for drugs from Democrat families?

Quote Originally Posted by kay View Post
    Don't lump all liberals into one group. Most of us are anti drug also!! Are the only people you ever arrest for drugs from Democrat families?
    I have a feeling the answer ie NO.........lol
    It's Obama's fault!

I disagree with June on the drug issue. I say lock 'em all up and throw away the key. Just b/c something is made leagal doesn't make it right or safe. Drugs are a danger to kids and society as a whole whether they are legal or illegal. Homes and families are destroyed by the use and the addiction of drugs. Some low-life people use the manufacturing and sales to make an easy living off the drug-heads. SAY NO TO DRUGS !!!

Sure, Kay, one of the questions a cop asks when arresting someone is "What is your political affiliation?" Try to understand this: A doper is a doper is a doper. Should I have said that Obama is conservative enough to legallize drugs?

Nobody did any lumping in my post. I made a statement and I stand by it. Have you ever noticed that it's always... ALWAYS... a liberal that calls for legalization of drugs? Put yourself into whichever group suits you. Makes no difference to me.

Kay,

I'm not following you on this one. Who said all those arrested were demos?

Sure, Kay, one of the questions a cop asks when arresting someone is "What is your political affiliation?" Try to understand this: A doper is a doper is a doper. Should I have said that Obama is conservative enough to legallize drugs?

Nobody did any lumping in my post. I made a statement and I stand by it. Have you ever noticed that it's always... ALWAYS... a liberal that calls for legalization of drugs? Put yourself into whichever group suits you. Makes no difference to me.
    That was funny..."what political affiliation?"...Whole milk or 2 per cent on your strawberries this morning, Mr. #347760101? Paper or plastic for your toiletries, Mrs. Sold Her Food Stamps for Meth, Starved Her Kids, and Got Busted with an 8-Ball Hidden Inside Her Bra?...

I believe medical marijuana should be legalized 100%...but meth, cocaine, crack, heroin??? NO! If it is legalized, who is going to pay for it? Our tax dollars?...Or are we going to expect all the drug related criminal activity to just stop and all the junkies go out and get jobs, because HEY, the only reason they are beating up old ladies in the cities to get their purses is because they are protesting the laws that keep them from being law abiding practicing junkies...not because drugs are so addicting that all a person can think about is getting their next bump, fix, whatever...and crime is the fastest way to get there...Just think how wonderful for all of us if they legalize drug usage...the work force would be flooded with people who just want to work, vote and use drugs...
    Junkies would sell the babies for sausage filler to get a fix...and their only affliation is with the next fix...
    I already am paying for a bunch of fat ass prima donnas who screwed up the economy for the next decade or so...and let's not forget footing the bill for Lord knows how many sex offenders who need therapy, (never mind the kids they abused), then there are toll booths, and oh, yea...poorly educated kids who are caught up in a system that only wants to teach them test results and not real educational material because the teachers hands are tied...Let's not add a bunch of junkies in there for me to provide their bumps and their needles...As well as their dying care when they get aids...Jesus Christ...feed a kid, take care of the senior citizens, the mentally challenged who roam homeless in the streets...give the American veteran the respect and dignity he/she gave you during their years of service...Leave the death drugs out of the mix...
    "The enclosed comments do not reflect the opinions of the staff, owners or advertisiers of any business establishment JoHo works for, has worked for, will work for or is considering working for, or has ever been considered as potentitally working for..."

Quote Originally Posted by JoHo View Post
    That was funny..."what political affiliation?"...Whole milk or 2 per cent on your strawberries this morning, Mr. #347760101? Paper or plastic for your toiletries, Mrs. Sold Her Food Stamps for Meth, Starved Her Kids, and Got Busted with an 8-Ball Hidden Inside Her Bra?...

I believe medical marijuana should be legalized 100%...but meth, cocaine, crack, heroin??? NO! If it is legalized, who is going to pay for it? Our tax dollars?...Or are we going to expect all the drug related criminal activity to just stop and all the junkies go out and get jobs, because HEY, the only reason they are beating up old ladies in the cities to get their purses is because they are protesting the laws that keep them from being law abiding practicing junkies...not because drugs are so addicting that all a person can think about is getting their next bump, fix, whatever...and crime is the fastest way to get there...Just think how wonderful for all of us if they legalize drug usage...the work force would be flooded with people who just want to work, vote and use drugs...
    Junkies would sell the babies for sausage filler to get a fix...and their only affliation is with the next fix...
    I already am paying for a bunch of fat ass prima donnas who screwed up the economy for the next decade or so...and let's not forget footing the bill for Lord knows how many sex offenders who need therapy, (never mind the kids they abused), then there are toll booths, and oh, yea...poorly educated kids who are caught up in a system that only wants to teach them test results and not real educational material because the teachers hands are tied...Let's not add a bunch of junkies in there for me to provide their bumps and their needles...As well as their dying care when they get aids...Jesus Christ...feed a kid, take care of the senior citizens, the mentally challenged who roam homeless in the streets...give the American veteran the respect and dignity he/she gave you during their years of service...Leave the death drugs out of the mix...

Amen and Amen !!!!!

Where is a program to rehab the "low-life" drug user? How about the "high-life" drug user? They are addicted and will always find a source. Makes no differences how many are arrested. Did you read the "Texas Monthly"? Incaraceting (sic) drug sellers, makers, etc. from Eastland County has made Eastland County a joke on I-20. when you get all the prisons filled and have no more money to build bigger ones what are you going to do with all the low-life sellers? Legalize it. Don't give me that it is unsafe for our kids...it's adults that are buying it and using it. Never will forget one day my supervisor walked in on us on "Red Ribbon Day" and a special nurse was on duty handing out pills, etc. teachers' had Rx's, etc. and such a militiarist (sic) supervisor had to break down and giggle. Some of you people need to go honky tonking once in a while instead of living in your sheltered environment or just visit a holding pen in the jails. Good grief...don't blame it on the kids...

Where is a program to rehab the "low-life" drug user? How about the "high-life" drug user? They are addicted and will always find a source. Makes no differences how many are arrested. Did you read the "Texas Monthly"? Incaraceting (sic) drug sellers, makers, etc. from Eastland County has made Eastland County a joke on I-20. when you get all the prisons filled and have no more money to build bigger ones what are you going to do with all the low-life sellers? Legalize it. Don't give me that it is unsafe for our kids...it's adults that are buying it and using it. Never will forget one day my supervisor walked in on us on "Red Ribbon Day" and a special nurse was on duty handing out pills, etc. teachers' had Rx's, etc. and such a militiarist (sic) supervisor had to break down and giggle. Some of you people need to go honky tonking once in a while instead of living in your sheltered environment or just visit a holding pen in the jails. Good grief...don't blame it on the kids...
    June there are SAFPFs all over the state of Texas with the closest being in Breckenridge. Of course all who complete the program may not be successful at staying clean and sober, but they have a better chance of doing so if they go through a SAFPF rather than an ID unit. I agree with you, drugs aren't just manufactured, used, sold, etc. by kids there are more than plenty adults who do it too. That is so sad to me that so many good people and families are so hurt and destroyed by chemical dependency. I have no answers for the problems of prison overcrowding, but I definitely wish one could be found.

I have no sympathy for drug users. I used to smoke a little weed way back when, but thats been more than 20 years ago. Cigarettes and tobacco products kill more people each year than all those drugs combined. Then there is the health care bill for all the medical problems attached to tobacco use. I like my Beer, but don't get me started on the similar statistics applied to alcohol use. Want to solve Americas drug problem, perhaps we should look at the legal ones first.
    Ne obliviscaris

I also believe medical marijuana should be legal. But that's it. Growing up in the 60's with so much drugs going around--seeing what it did to some of my friends--lost two from drugs------no way should drugs be legal.

There are so many people hooked on prescription drugs these days. Problem is, they aren't treated the same as those that take street drugs.
    We have got to do something to stop kids from getting & abusing prescription drugs---
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.

June, I don't know what world you are living in but there are MANY children who are buying, using and selling drugs..not just adults. Drugs are dangerous for children, those whose parents use drugs and for those who use drugs themselves. Again, you're just trying to feed people some more of your .

Quote Originally Posted by KEETY2 View Post
    We have got to do something to stop kids from getting & abusing prescription drugs---
    We could make it illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Make what illegal Julie? Rx drugs themselves?

And how's that working now...

Quote Originally Posted by salty45 View Post
    I have no sympathy for drug users. I used to smoke a little weed way back when, but thats been more than 20 years ago. Cigarettes and tobacco products kill more people each year than all those drugs combined. Then there is the health care bill for all the medical problems attached to tobacco use. I like my Beer, but don't get me started on the similar statistics applied to alcohol use. Want to solve Americas drug problem, perhaps we should look at the legal ones first.
    that's how my brother started out just smoking a little weed and 24 years later, hes injecting meth in his arms, every now and again, he comes and sees me, I have to treat him like a stranger, keeping him away from things he might take to not leaving him alone with my kids..and then when he does leave, I have to wonder is this the last time I will get to see him? He can qoute the bible like there is no tomorrow...he lost his business,house, wife and kids....and June I was a bar fly and I never seen any drugs anywhere around...so, what honky tonk were you talking about because I must not have went to it?

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby7506 View Post
    Make what illegal Julie? Rx drugs themselves?
    No. We could make it illegal for kids to abuse prescription drugs.

No. We could make it illegal for kids to abuse prescription drugs.

It's already illegal.

I still say this drug raid was too expensive for the County. Will go into that one later on. Besure and read the "Texas Monthly" of last month's. Remember back in the 1930's when my Carbon grandmother smoked weed for her asthma. She could breathe by using it. Then the moonflower came to be or I think that is the term of the plant...but I guess the mfg. of inhalers would bust a gut if they had to give up some of their profits.

Thats sad to hear...I love the McDaniel family to death....as for the war on drugs, it will only get worse...Too many people know how to "cook" or "grow" things...I personally dont think it would kill anyone to legalize marijuana, and I forsee that happening in the near future, but the meth, coke, crack, etc. is a WHOLE different story.

It's already illegal.
    Problem solved then.

It's already illegal.
    The problem is children are stealing rx meds from the medicine cabinets at home from irresponsible parents. Maybe when the kid gets caught with mom or dads Vicodin or Xanax, then the parent should be charged with contributing or something like that. Sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Christie View Post
    The problem is children are stealing rx meds from the medicine cabinets at home from irresponsible parents. Maybe when the kid gets caught with mom or dads Vicodin or Xanax, then the parent should be charged with contributing or something like that. Sounds good to me!
    Yes. It should be illegal to allow your kids to steal your prescription drugs. If it were, no kids would be able to get hold of them. I just wish they would make it illegal to be a bad parent. Then we wouldn't have to worry about a lot of these problems.

So are you saying only bad parents produce bad kids?

So are you saying only bad parents produce bad kids?
    Certainly not me, I am not saying that by any means! I am simply saying this is where the kids are getting it alot of times, even good parents may not understand the need to lock up their meds. Even the best parents in the world can raise a real hellcat, unfortunately.

[quote=Christie;375138]
    So are you saying only bad parents produce bad kids?[/QUOTE

Certainly not me, I am not saying that by any means! I am simply saying this is where the kids are getting it alot of times, even good parents may not understand the need to lock up their meds. Even the best parents in the world can raise a real hellcat, unfortunately.
    I LOVE MY FOLKS AND THEY LOVE ME!!!

I still say this drug raid was too expensive for the County. Will go into that one later on. Besure and read the "Texas Monthly" of last month's. Remember back in the 1930's when my Carbon grandmother smoked weed for her asthma. She could breathe by using it. Then the moonflower came to be or I think that is the term of the plant...but I guess the mfg. of inhalers would bust a gut if they had to give up some of their profits.
    I read it but didn't see anything about Eastland or any other County being a joke. As far as the drugs go, the costs of not doing anything about them seem to be much higher. Lives,property damage, business losses. It all adds up.

Okay, I have some Vicodin. I have it in a locked drawer in my bedroom. My 14 year old kid picks the lock, takes the pills and gets caught at school distributing them.

It's my fault. I didn't keep them locked up. So I go to jail, my kid goes to juvenile home and the taxpayers foot the bill.

Sounds good to me. Free medical, free room and board, don't have to work. I don't pay taxes anymore. Lots of time to read. Shoot, maybe I'll work on my Master's degree while I'm there. Maybe when I get out, I'll fit into one of Palin's outfits to wear to my first interview.

We better get started to building some more prisons because they are going to fill up fast!

[quote=cyotefishing;375140]
    I LOVE MY FOLKS AND THEY LOVE ME!!!
    Unconditional love.

Okay, I have some Vicodin. I have it in a locked drawer in my bedroom. My 14 year old kid picks the lock, takes the pills and gets caught at school distributing them.

It's my fault. I didn't keep them locked up. So I go to jail, my kid goes to juvenile home and the taxpayers foot the bill.

Sounds good to me. Free medical, free room and board, don't have to work. I don't pay taxes anymore. Lots of time to read. Shoot, maybe I'll work on my Master's degree while I'm there. Maybe when I get out, I'll fit into one of Palin's outfits to wear to my first interview.

We better get started to building some more prisons because they are going to fill up fast!
    How many of those vicodin have you taken tonight?....lol
    "Dear God, this year please send clothes for all those poor ladies on Grandpa's computer, Amen."

Quote Originally Posted by BigGunz View Post
    How many of those vicodin have you taken tonight?....lol
    None, got some you'll sell me? I still have pain in my ribs and difficulty sleeping.

None, got some you'll sell me? I still have pain in my ribs and difficulty sleeping.
    dadgummit...sorry I am all out....lol

Quote Originally Posted by I'm back View Post
    Kay,

I'm not following you on this one. Who said all those arrested were demos?
    I'm just saying whocares appears to be trying to tie legal drug usage into Obama and the "misinformed supporters". Obama doesn't support legalizing drugs anymore than most Democrats whether whocares likes it or not. So to your post whocares, I say .

I'm just saying whocares appears to be trying to tie legal drug usage into Obama and the "misinformed supporters". Obama doesn't support legalizing drugs anymore than most Democrats whether whocares likes it or not. So to your post whocares, I say .

Perhaps we can stop getting pills for everything. Hey, my fart stinks--I need a pill for that. lol Adults take so many pills, kids see this, they think it's okay to take anything because it's a prescription & mommy does it.
    Parents need to be careful where they put their meds. Prescription drugs have become a big problem with school age kids--they go into the med cabinet & there is anything they want. If it takes locking them up-then they need to do it.

He's upset over Obama being the next President. It's been really tough on some on here.

It's gonna be a...
    FOUR YEAR LONG PARTY
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Mutha, you are stark raving mad if you think an Obama admistration will be a party! You may be in for a rude awakening.
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    Mutha, you are stark raving mad if you think an Obama admistration will be a party! You may be in for a rude awakening.
    Unfortunately, I agree with you, lamb... It is going to take a lot longer than four years to get this mess straightened out! lol..... I am not an Obama or McCain supporter, but I think I will be voting Obama, unless something changes tomorrow!

Okay then, it's gonna be an eight year long party...

Quote Originally Posted by KEETY2 View Post
    Okay then, it's gonna be an eight year long party...
    We can hope! lol

I have seen the devastation that "harmless" drugs like marihuana can cause in a young person's life. I have seen, repeatedly, young people starting out on marihuana and then graduating to meth and cocaine, and watched helplessly as they destroyed their own life as well as the lives of their loved ones. And, frankly, it makes me madder than hell for some liberal to suggest that everything will be ok if we just legalize the crap! That is pure BS!

I am not trying to tie legalization of drugs to Obama. It's already tied! And the fact of the matter is that he has a whole army of liberals behind him that believe that legalization of marihuana will solve the drug problems of this country. They legalized alcohol and that really helped, didn't it? Every 40 minutes, someone dies in an alcohol-related incident. That's 13,140 people... your friends, my friends, our loved ones... every year! Dead! Gone forever!

Marihuana causes the loss of mental and physical faculties, just as alcohol does, and you want to legalize it? Cave in to that mentality if you wish. I won't!

I have seen the devastation that "harmless" drugs like marihuana can cause in a young person's life. I have seen, repeatedly, young people starting out on marihuana and then graduating to meth and cocaine, and watched helplessly as they destroyed their own life as well as the lives of their loved ones. And, frankly, it makes me madder than hell for some liberal to suggest that everything will be ok if we just legalize the crap! That is pure BS!

I am not trying to tie legalization of drugs to Obama. It's already tied! And the fact of the matter is that he has a whole army of liberals behind him that believe that legalization of marihuana will solve the drug problems of this country. They legalized alcohol and that really helped, didn't it? Every 40 minutes, someone dies in an alcohol-related incident. That's 13,140 people... your friends, my friends, our loved ones... every year! Dead! Gone forever!

Marihuana causes the loss of mental and physical faculties, just as alcohol does, and you want to legalize it? Cave in to that mentality if you wish. I won't!
    I believe it should be legal to be used for medical purposes...But, I also agree with wc that if you start using weed as a recreational drug, it soon becomes more acceptable to use other drugs...If the one is ok, well, the others can't be that bad...

Kids do use drugs...and they don't have to have money to get them...dealers are more than happy to spot the kids enough drugs to use and sell to their friends...dealers are also more than happy to take sexual favors instead of payment...As for RX drugs...kids see and hear adults take them and talk about them...for evey malady on the planet from bad hair days to those who actually have a need...and figure it will make them feel better/higher/thinner/more confident, etc...so they dip in as well...Not to mention all the commercials for rx drugs to ask your doctor about...They have a drug for shy people...Good God...thats a trait like telling jokes too loudly or being uncomfortable in courduroy pants...Some pshyc drugs are really needed, but we could set better examples to our kids by losing weight and striving to get a raise or better job to feel good about ourselves than popping a bunch of pills to get through the day...

Ah yes another desperate attempt to link all of America's woes to Democrats! I have an idea how you can unite the Republican Party and pull off a 4th quarter victory. Declare that your first act upon taking the White House will be to prohibit all forms of alcoholic beverage. I know Republicans really want to see this! But let me warn you, there is nothing more dangerous than a Republican with a bottle of Crown Royal and a gun. Just ask Dick Cheney's hunting partner. So when you go in there trying to remove that saucy VP, you might want to donn a little body armor. What the heck, take a drug dog in and make sure W hasn't got a little snow storm under his nose. I know he "can't remember" if he ever did cocaine, I can relate. I can't remember if I ever ran naked through Manhattan and then opened the New York Stock Exchange wearing only a bow tie around my .............neck.
    And personally I wouldn't mind seeing it all gone. So would that be a jesture of democracy or socialism? I'm so confused!
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson

Thankfully the shot from Cheneys gun didnt inflict more damage than it did...that was a careless mistake...was he drunk when that happened/...I dont recall anything on that one...Thank goodness Ted Kennedy wasn't there he would have had to drive them to the hospital.......lol

Quote Originally Posted by Flipocrat View Post
    Ah yes another desperate attempt to link all of America's woes to Democrats! I have an idea how you can unite the Republican Party and pull off a 4th quarter victory. Declare that your first act upon taking the White House will be to prohibit all forms of alcoholic beverage. I know Republicans really want to see this! But let me warn you, there is nothing more dangerous than a Republican with a bottle of Crown Royal and a gun. Just ask Dick Cheney's hunting partner. So when you go in there trying to remove that saucy VP, you might want to donn a little body armor. What the heck, take a drug dog in and make sure W hasn't got a little snow storm under his nose. I know he "can't remember" if he ever did cocaine, I can relate. I can't remember if I ever ran naked through Manhattan and then opened the New York Stock Exchange wearing only a bow tie around my .............neck.
    And personally I wouldn't mind seeing it all gone. So would that be a jesture of democracy or socialism? I'm so confused!
    Spin it however you wish. I don't see conservatives carrying the "legalize pot" torch. And I don't see conservatives bringing it up in this political race. But when a liberal brings it up, you can bet on a conservative responding to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    It's gonna be a...
    FOUR YEAR LONG PARTY
    Have to be careful what you wish for. You may get a party alright, but it may wind up being a party you didn't really want. But, maybe that's what needs to happen. Maybe Obama needs to get elected so people can see for themselves what he really is. Think we're in trouble now? Oh wait, I understand Obama is supposed to be our new "messiah". A "transformational" president is what he is supposed to be. I'm afraid Obama is going to wind up being more trouble than Bush ever thought about.

Quote Originally Posted by lkb View Post
    Unfortunately, I agree with you, lamb... It is going to take a lot longer than four years to get this mess straightened out! lol..... I am not an Obama or McCain supporter, but I think I will be voting Obama, unless something changes tomorrow!
    OH my Gosh!! I am so disappointed.
    Have you kissed your dog today?

Spin it however you wish. I don't see conservatives carrying the "legalize pot" torch. And I don't see conservatives bringing it up in this political race. But when a liberal brings it up, you can bet on a conservative responding to it.
    Of course thats what you do, you are a conservative. Hypocrisy seems to be drilled into the conservative mindset. How many people died from auto related accidents since the advent of the car, with a comparison of alcohol related vs drug related? Will there not be some serious drinking going on at the various Republican victory parties if your team wins? Will they not be endangering a number of lives once the party is over? So where is your scream for prohibition? I happen to know more than a few Republicans (very conservative) that enjoy an occasional mind altering chemical. Of course they don't want it legalized, they just want to slip the right people the right money and walk away free to point fingers at the Democrats another day.

Albuterol is no longer available we found out the other day when my daughter tried to get hers refilled the other day.

When you can buy all you want and not be prosecuted for it out in West Texas according to the Texas Monthly. Or, just make a run down to Mexico.
    Did you read the "Texas Monthly"?
    Besure and read the "Texas Monthly" of last month's.
    Is someone trying to sell me a subscription to Texas Monthly??

Alcohol has caused many deaths in various ways, why isnt it illegal????

Originally Posted by june

Albuterol is no longer available we found out the other day when my daughter tried to get hers refilled the other day.
    Marijuana smoke containes more ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, and nitrogen cyanide than cigarettes. Eventhough it is a vasodilator, meaning it dialates the respiratory tract, I would assume that it would allow more of these chemicals into the alveoli, thus causing more damage to them.
    However, a study done in Puerto Rico and India showed a decrease in incidents of emphysema and lung disease, so I guess my assumption could be wrong.

Yes. It should be illegal to allow your kids to steal your prescription drugs. If it were, no kids would be able to get hold of them. I just wish they would make it illegal to be a bad parent. Then we wouldn't have to worry about a lot of these problems.
    If parents were letting their children steal their Rx then they really wouldn't be stealing would they?

How do you suppose parents could be more responsible with their Rx to make sure that their children do not have access to them. Many parents do not even realize their children are stealing their Rx and once they do realize it, it's too late. Every one who has to use Rx drugs may not have the funds to purchase a safe to put their Rx in...

I'm Back, it is still available, they have just chaned the name to something, can't remember what right now, maybe Proventil??. They had to change the way it was expelled because of the "gas" or whatever is used to expel it from the inhaler was suppose to be bad for the air, or something like that. They have just repackaged it and use a different type gas in the inhaler. It is suppose to be the exact same medication, but Charley did not think that it did as much good as it did before they changed the packaging of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    I'm Back, it is still available, they have just chaned the name to something, can't remember what right now, maybe Proventil??. They had to change the way it was expelled because of the "gas" or whatever is used to expel it from the inhaler was suppose to be bad for the air, or something like that. They have just repackaged it and use a different type gas in the inhaler. It is suppose to be the exact same medication, but Charley did not think that it did as much good as it did before they changed the packaging of it.
    The new propellant in the inhalers now is not as powerful as the old one so it doesnt allow it to get as deep in the lungs as it should.

Proventil has been around for a long time so the name must have changed to something else.

Proventil and Albuterol are the same thing, just made by different drug companies. It maybe that the drug store hasnt got the new ones in that have the new propellent in them.

OK, thanks, the pharmacist told her what was available, but I can't remember the name of it. Her dad had some albuterol inhalers he gave her, so she's fixed up. She was trying to wait to go to the dr. until her insurance kicks in on November 1st. I'm sure they will prescribe her something different. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Jringo View Post
    The new propellant in the inhalers now is not as powerful as the old one so it doesnt allow it to get as deep in the lungs as it should.
    I could not think of the work propellant to save me life..lol....maybe that is the reason Charley said that it did not do as much good.

Lucy, you are probably right. I just can't remember the name right off the top of my head.

Proair and xopenex are now the replacements of albuterol mdi's. You can still get albuterol for your nebulizers though.

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    Proair and xopenex are now the replacements of albuterol mdi's. You can still get albuterol for your nebulizers though.
    That was it, thanks cap.

That was it, thanks cap.
    Your welcome. My daughter is on her last albuterol inhaler, they sold them till they ran out at Eastland Drug. Next refill will be the proair. She is on a nasal allergy spray and singular, it cost an arm and a leg without insurance. I do the flex spending account and that helps tremendously.

Maybe you are just in a bad mood or something, but I do not see the point in your sarcasm towards me. I would think if a parent had taken the proper precautions and the youth still obtained the medications then that would be a whole different scenario. I was not suggesting that in that case it would still be considered the fault of the parent.

Thank you for reminding me why I haven't been on the spin for a couple of months. I was simply trying to add to the discussion, if we do not discuss ideas, then how do we come together to change the problems?

I just got a script of Albuterol filled for my husband yesterday or the day before

Quote Originally Posted by projectmeredith View Post
    I just got a script of Albuterol filled for my husband yesterday or the day before
    Really? Where? This was at CVS in Weatherford that they said they couldn't get it anymore.

I have seen it too. My best friend(have known since5 years old), started like most of us back in the 60's smoking pot, she soon went to other drugs. I was lucky,
    I didn't go that route & meeting my hubby, who was 4 years older than me & very mature & responsible, really helped. Anyway, my friend---got hooked on heroin--for 10years---in those 10 years I couldn't find her---I thought she died. No one knew where she was---well, were she was getting high & never cared about anything. In those 10 years, her Dad died---she never knew it--then her Mom had a stroke--put in a nursing home & then finally died. SHe never knew this. The insurance money was stole from her by other family members because they claimed she was dead.

Long story short, she is now clean, but takes methadone to help clean her up. She is now hooked on methadone---she says no, we argue about it--because I think she is. I love her like my sister-we did everything together. Her parents were my second parents---but I refuse to let her visit my home if she is not clean. SHe is one year older than me, & her health is horrible.
    She can't stand for long periods of time, has hep, & a host of other illness.
    When we talk, I still ask why??? She came from good family & a good life. She can never answer why--she says she doesn't know why. We talk & she can't remember all the fun things we did as kids. And that hurts because when I lost my sister, I needed her & she barely could remember my sister---I would love to talk about all those "good ole" days--she doesn't remember them.

Another friend, a good person, from a good Catholic family, got hooked on heroin---went to a party & overdosed----they took him out of the house & put him in the alley so no one would know where he died at. Imagine his mom knowing her son was put out like the trash!!!! Imagine this being your child.

I feel so lucky that this wasn't me--I guess alot had to do with the people that you hang with. I never liked those people, but could never stop my friend from being with this people.

My kids---zero tolerance on drugs..& they know it. Yes, they know I smoked pot--not proud of it...but I couldn't lie to them. I do believe it leads to stronger drugs..seen it with some of my friends. I always told them that I believe that I didn't go to other drugs because of the events in my life. I met their father--who was not in that crowd.......& was older. If that hadn't happened, it could be me.

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    Have to be careful what you wish for. You may get a party alright, but it may wind up being a party you didn't really want. But, maybe that's what needs to happen. Maybe Obama needs to get elected so people can see for themselves what he really is. Think we're in trouble now? Oh wait, I understand Obama is supposed to be our new "messiah". A "transformational" president is what he is supposed to be. I'm afraid Obama is going to wind up being more trouble than Bush ever thought about.

That's what I'm thinking... except those of us that don't support him will end up feeilng the pain as well.

Course I recently heard that the world is going to end in 2013. That would be after 4 years of a bad administration. Not that I believe it, but I have had at least 4 dreams this past year about being in a nuke explosion so it does make me ponder... and hey didn't Biden say Obama would be test???

Quote Originally Posted by Docmom View Post
    OH my Gosh!! I am so disappointed.
    But ya love me anyway! Don't ya?! lol... I mighta been lying, just to stir the pot! lol

Quote Originally Posted by lkb View Post
    But ya love me anyway! Don't ya?! lol... I mighta been lying, just to stir the pot! lol
    That thought did enter my head.

Talking Re: Big Drug Bust in County

Really? Where? This was at CVS in Weatherford that they said they couldn't get it anymore.
    They still have it at Wal Mart and Eastland Drug here in Eastland

Maybe you are just in a bad mood or something, but I do not see the point in your sarcasm towards me. I would think if a parent had taken the proper precautions and the youth still obtained the medications then that would be a whole different scenario. I was not suggesting that in that case it would still be considered the fault of the parent.

Thank you for reminding me why I haven't been on the spin for a couple of months. I was simply trying to add to the discussion, if we do not discuss ideas, then how do we come together to change the problems?
    Sorry you feel that way. It just seems to me that everytime a kid does something wrong people are blaming the parent. Or let's make it illegal.

That's just not always the case or the solution.

Sometimes I think people on here want everyone to think and be just like them. That would sure make for a boring world, wouldn't it.