Thread: Election Results

Election Results

Early Voting Results posted for Eastland Co.

County Clerk:
    Jentho - 437
    Funderburgh - 414

JP Precinct 1
    White - 245
    Light - 177

County Commissioner Precinct 2
    Tipton - 75
    Ritledge - 90
    Christian - 7

County Commissioner Precinct 4
    Rains - 128
    Carr - 34
    Pittman - 21

Governor
    Hutcheson - 303
    Medina - 165
    Perry - 388
    White - 48
    Shami - 7

Re: Election Results

they haven't finished counting yet............. go cecil goooooooooooooo
    Official Village Idiot

Anything on the Ag Commissioner???
    "Ignore the BS...and pay attention to the rest!"

these make me sick...why jentho grrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by mbh76437 View Post
    these make me sick...why jentho grrrrrrrrr
    birds of a feather and all that good stuff.............. nuff said

These Results in for
    EASTLAND
    County Clerk
    Jentho - 185
    Funderburgh - 245

JP Precinct 1
    White - 251
    Light - 172

Governor:
    Hutchison - 111
    Medina - 103
    Perry - 215
    White - 26
    Shami - 6

Olden -
    County Clerk
    Jentho - 39
    Funderburgh - 43

Cty Commissioner Precinct 2
    Tipton - 36
    Rutledge 40
    Christian 8

Governor
    Hutchison - 16
    Medina - 28
    Perry - 38
    White - 5
    Shami - 1

LAKE LEON
    County Clerk
    Jentho - 50
    Funderburgh - 35

Count Commissioner Precinct 2
    Tipton - 53
    Rutledge - 24
    Christian - 3

Governor
    Hutchison - 30
    Medina - 17
    Perry - 40
    White - 2
    Shami - 0

Quote Originally Posted by VMoody View Post
    birds of a feather and all that good stuff.............. nuff said
    Is there a final? Why is everyone sick?

Right now...and I may be wrong but with what has been posted...

I have Jento 711 and Cecil 737....is that not correct?

1305 for Jentho, 1284 for Funderburgh

That's the final count total.

If a recount is demanded, when are the votes recounted? I can't remember the time frame.

Here's the unofficial final count for Eastland Co. in contested local races:

County Clerk
    Cathy Jentho - 1305
    Cecil Funderburgh - 1284

Wendell Tipton - 252
    John (Buzzy) Rutledge - 390

Robert Rains - 471
    B.W. Carr - 130

Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1
    Ronald B. (Ronnie) White - 605
    Windell Light - 403

Guess if you want to steal from work and keep your job, you need to run for county clerk...

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Here's the unofficial final count for Eastland Co. in contested local races:

County Clerk
    Cathy Jentho - 1305
    Cecil Funderburgh - 1284

Wendell Tipton - 252
    John (Buzzy) Rutledge - 390

Robert Rains - 471
    B.W. Carr - 130

Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1
    Ronald B. (Ronnie) White - 605
    Windell Light - 403
    Will there be a runoff on the County Clerk with only 21 votes different I would hope so ?

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
    Will there be a runoff on the County Clerk with only 21 votes different I would hope so ?
    The costs for a recount are prohibitive, so it probably won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by haysoos View Post
    Guess if you want to steal from work and keep your job, you need to run for county clerk...
    Not an accurate description of the facts. Far as I know, none of the money involved went in anyone's pocket. "Steal from work" is pretty National Enquirer-like.

How bout whose bed you warm?

DAD gumit
    [BS]Karen- no mystery here[/BS]

Quote Originally Posted by cdh1964 View Post
    Anything on the Ag Commissioner???
    Eastland Co. didn't want Kinky

Hank Gilbert - 132
    Kinky - 97

Our current ag. commissioner is great...why would anyone want someone else.
    Profit" is a dirty word only to the leeches of the world. They want it seen as evil, so they can more easily snatch what they did not earn." -Victor

Possibly the American way of voting?

How much would a recount cost?

Yes, our Ag Commissioner is great..When it concerns you directly, you keep an eye on who wins what.

Cecil may have lost the election but as a person he is a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post

To win you have to have 50% of the votes....and with only two running...the votes showed 51% to 49%. So no run off.

I love what "Oldgoat" just said in the above post.....I believe it to be very true. Thanks "Oldgoat"!

In my long life, through many, many elections...I have never seen a more "well oiled machine" as the one in the County Clerk's Election office. Sean Schaefer and I were there to officially back those people up. The count as of today is unofficial. Say what you want about Cathy Jentho...I could not vote for her...but I have seen many elections...and yes, we have disagreed and still disagree but she knows her laws...For the record, she started the counting process off and left the premises. She did not return until Sean called her to ask her how to shut everything down. We were through before 9:00 p.m.
    As the boxes came in from Early Voting and the nine precincts, elections officials met the judge at the table at the front door of the County Clerk's office to recieve equipment, papers, supplies, etc. plus what I will call a "memory card" (I am sure it has a more formal name and I could look at my invoice to find the name as that is paid for from County Party Funds). The memory card was given to Donna Mangum, who never left her corner of the office. Donna, using the mc, ran copies from the computer and these sheets containing the count by precincts were placed on the table out front for the public to pick up. The "machines" were picked up by a young man and put away. Other equipment and supplies were put in the proper places immediately by various assigned personnel.
    A few days are allowed for anyone wishing to have a recount to notify the County Chair of the Party involved. A meeting of the Election administrator and the two County Chairs has been set for Friday week. After which the count will become official. Anyone has the right to contest the election within this time frame by notifying that Party's county chair. If a recount is called for then that person must put up the money to conduct the recount. For me it would be interesting to see how you can contest a computer generated voting and counting process without human hands touching the process.

Thank you, June, for that information. I know everyone gives you a hard time for the way your thoughts come through on paper, but I, for one, appreciate some of the information you share with us.

Congrats to Cathy Jentho and the others who won last night.

Thanks to the Eastland Volunteer Fire Dept. for their service as public announcers of the results as they are released. They kept the election board on the square for another election. Thanks to Gordon and those others that helped!

Quote Originally Posted by june View Post
    In my long life, through many, many elections...I have never seen a more "well oiled machine" as the one in the County Clerk's Election office. Sean Schaefer and I were there to officially back those people up. The count as of today is unofficial. Say what you want about Cathy Jentho...I could not vote for her...but I have seen many elections...and yes, we have disagreed and still disagree but she knows her laws...For the record, she started the counting process off and left the premises. She did not return until Sean called her to ask her how to shut everything down. We were through before 9:00 p.m.
    As the boxes came in from Early Voting and the nine precincts, elections officials met the judge at the table at the front door of the County Clerk's office to recieve equipment, papers, supplies, etc. plus what I will call a "memory card" (I am sure it has a more formal name and I could look at my invoice to find the name as that is paid for from County Party Funds). The memory card was given to Donna Mangum, who never left her corner of the office. Donna, using the mc, ran copies from the computer and these sheets containing the count by precincts were placed on the table out front for the public to pick up. The "machines" were picked up by a young man and put away. Other equipment and supplies were put in the proper places immediately by various assigned personnel.
    A few days are allowed for anyone wishing to have a recount to notify the County Chair of the Party involved. A meeting of the Election administrator and the two County Chairs has been set for Friday week. After which the count will become official. Anyone has the right to contest the election within this time frame by notifying that Party's county chair. If a recount is called for then that person must put up the money to conduct the recount. For me it would be interesting to see how you can contest a computer generated voting and counting process without human hands touching the process.
    Couple of problems with the computer generated voting...sometimes there are memory glitches...sometimes the printed ticket gets wrinkled or doesn't print correctly....in one election the touch screen didn't work properly for one candidate...never recorded one touch....he had zero votes...and he knew he voted for himself....calibration errors have occured ....Ohio found in the last election...that on the Hart machines...the kind we use...that locks could be picked on the memory cards...and that hand held devices within a certain ranger could plug false votes into the machine.

Frankin was behind in his election....recount ended up with him winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mally View Post
    Couple of problems with the computer generated voting...sometimes there are memory glitches...sometimes the printed ticket gets wrinkled or doesn't print correctly....in one election the touch screen didn't work properly for one candidate...never recorded one touch....he had zero votes...and he knew he voted for himself....calibration errors have occured ....Ohio found in the last election...that on the Hart machines...the kind we use...that locks could be picked on the memory cards...and that hand held devices within a certain ranger could plug false votes into the machine.

Frankin was behind in his election....recount ended up with him winning.

When it is this close...there should be a recount.

You are correct Ms Mally that there can be numerous ways that errors can happen and that is not saying that anyone involved is doing anything wrong.

There can be electronic errors along with still some human errors.

my understanding is that it will cost a deposit of 100.00 for each precinct that is to be recounted.

Your saying a deposit, wonder if it is a refundable deposit?

I would think it would be refundable if the count was found to be incorrect....but not being the expert maybe we should let June tell us that answer.

If the count is incorrect and the one requesting the recount wins...they get their money back.

Congrats to all of the winners. Out of curiosity, in reading the above posts about recounts. The mail in ballots are not computerized and am assuming the same for military. Do they get recounted too ? I know these type ballots were a big issue in Florida too.

Have all the mail in votes been counted?

Quote Originally Posted by june View Post
    June are you sure you wrote this all by yourself.

Something does not seem quite right.

For one thing...it makes too much sense.

Second...where is the bitterness and attacks.

I don't think you did this all by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMabel View Post
    I don't know the answer to that question. Maybe someone can enlighten us.

Makes you wonder, huh? I do know people are wanting to start a donation drive for a recount process.

I would think there would be some in the military that voted. When is the deadline for them casting their votes? If the election was held yesterday how could their votes be tallied so quickly? Could be we counting our chicks before they are hatched?

Quote Originally Posted by Visionary View Post
    June are you sure you wrote this all by yourself.

Something does not seem quite right.

For one thing...it makes too much sense.

Second...where is the bitterness and attacks.

I don't think you did this all by yourself.
    My thoughts exactly!! When has June ever completed a sentence that made sense? She exudes bitterness yet this post was void of both bitterness and attacks. So, June, who wrote this post for you. You said you had been "bought", perhaps they posted this for you. If so shame on you and kudos for whoever posted such a informative post.

I would think there would be some in the military that voted. When is the deadline for them casting their votes? If the election was held yesterday how could their votes be tallied so quickly? Could be we counting our chicks before they are hatched?
    I think they are grouped with the early voting tallies and their deadline I think is back in February.

I am wondering....can there be a write-in name for County Clerk during the November election?

HA HA, I hacked into the voting system..... it was simple, I used a USB drive while I was in the voting both.....

Long Live The Enterprise!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
    HA HA, I hacked into the voting system..... it was simple, I used a USB drive while I was in the voting both.....

Long Live The Enterprise!!!!!!!!
    Well then, there was a LARGE sign as you walked in to the polling area that read"No electronic Devices(to include cell phones) in the polling area"per the SOS office.
    Pushing the envelope are we?

Jz plain BS. Git a life. Nothing to plug it in to in the booth. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by cyotefishing View Post
    Possibly juz plain BS. Git a life.
    UR right, just bs. Jus havin' fun. I voted for the better lookin of the two, but honestly I was mad a Cecil for posting the confession letter. that was not the high road. And all the people on the spin that attack june.

UR right, just bs. Jus havin' fun. I voted for the better lookin of the two, but honestly I was mad a Cecil for posting the confession letter. that was not the high road. And all the people on the spin that attack june.
    Who says Cecil wan't the better looking of the two?

IMO, the voters of Eastland County NEEDED to see that letter!!!! They had every right to know the moral integrity (or lack thereof) of this county official in charge of THEIR tax dollars! The best 'man' did NOT win this race!
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

You can be mad all you want to be....why were you not mad at June for her attacks.

You seem to forget that in the tread where Cecil announced he was running for the postion of County Clerk... June started the attacks by saying he was too old him and not smart enough...along with many other uglies and lies that didn't hold water....but again...maybe you are June posting under another name...or family of the current County Clerk....either way...it doesn't matter...June crossed the line on ethics for her position many times....and you can bet when she attacks...she will be attacked.

By the way....this is not the first time she has been ugly and attacked others on the SPIN. Hope you don't fall off that high horse your on.

Besides I guess you think it is okay to be bought...lie....steal....and cheat.

Can we get over this?

Quote Originally Posted by Visionary View Post
    You can be mad all you want to be....why were you not mad at June for her attacks.

You seem to forget that in the tread where Cecil announced he was running for the postion of County Clerk... June started the attacks by saying he was too old him and not smart enough...along with many other uglies and lies that didn't hold water....but again...maybe you are June posting under another name...or family of the current County Clerk....either way...it doesn't matter...June crossed the line on ethics for her position many times....and you can bet when she attacks...she will be attacked.

By the way....this is not the first time she has been ugly and attacked others on the SPIN. Hope you don't fall off that high horse your on.

Besides I guess you think it is okay to be bought...lie....steal....and cheat.
    I guess your name fits you Visionary. Somehow you have the "vision" to read more into my post than was actually there. ("Besides I guess you think it is okay to be bought...lie....steal....and cheat.") I never said that was OK. I stated how I felt (I didn't think the "High Road" was to post the confession letter of your opponent). Cecil did very well stating his qualifications, that was good enough for me. But then to rub his opponents nose in their mistakes rubbed me wrong. I just stated my opinion, thats all. Take it or leave it.

I don't give a crap about any "attacks" by June on Cecil. He's a big boy, he posts on the spin. It seems to me if you go back and count up the "attacks" by June, and the "attacks" against June, she takes way more crap than she dishes out.

...But then to rub his opponents nose in their mistakes rubbed me wrong....
    A deliberate act isn't a mistake. There was a LOT more that could've been said but wasn't. Cecil stuck to the facts and that's the high road, in my opinion.
    Don't ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

I don't give a crap about any "attacks" by June
    on Cecil. He's a big boy, he posts on the spin. It seems to me if you go back and count up the "attacks" by June, and the "attacks" against June, she takes way more crap than she dishes out.

Well...you may not have given a crap...but a lot of us did and do. So as long as she continues to dish out her crap...she can expect to get a lot of crap back. She's a big girl you know.

Has anyone bothered to add up the total votes for each candidate in the County Clerk's race as reported by the Eastland County Newspapers?

1. Where did the newspaper get their figures?
    2. Why don't the figures match the figures posted by the fire department on election night?
    3. Did the figures change after they were tabulated by the voting machines?

Do the math! Any questions?

Here's a photo of the tally board on election night.

I just looked and it appears the Precinct totals for many of the precincts are very different numbers in the ET version than on the tally board. The total is the same in both places, but the table on ET's front page has numbers for the precincts that don't add up to the total. Looks like maybe early voting, Eastland, Olden, Cisco, and Lake Leon match but the rest are messed up. What's up with that?

Check the attachment, I put them side by side and relied on Excel to do the math.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I just looked and it appears the Precinct totals for many of the precincts are very different numbers in the ET version than on the tally board. The total is the same in both places, but the table on ET's front page has numbers for the precincts that don't add up to the total. Looks like maybe early voting, Eastland, Olden, Cisco, and Lake Leon match but the rest are messed up. What's up with that?
    You took the words right out of my mouth... or at least, the thoughts right out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by curious_george View Post
    Check the attachment, I put them side by side and relied on Excel to do the math.
    This attachment is what was in the ET.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If the precinct numbers were correct in the Telegram, then it just shows a 12 vote difference rather than the already pretty close 21.

So.. did someone copy that many numbers down wrong, did the numbers change somewhere along the way and someone forgot to change the totals, or what?

Has anyone noticed that the paper never seems to proofread anything? I wouldn't get in a stir thinking that what is printed in the paper is the correct information.