Thread: North Korea wants to bomb Austin...

North Korea wants to bomb Austin...

OK, time to take this idiot Kim out, and reduce their arsenal to bows and arrows.

Couldn't agree more!
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

If you are on twitter check out #whyaustin. The tweets are pretty funny about possible reasons he would pick us. If he isn't grandstanding, well it has been nice knowing you guys...

Let him bomb Austin first.
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    Let him bomb Austin first.
    Well that's not very nice. What did I ever do to you to deserve that wish.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBritches View Post
    You don't support the agenda.

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

I'm sorry LB, I thought you were in Putnam.

Maybe I should change some travel plans.

I'm sure he's thinking South Austin.

Good question! That is my hometown!

Quote Originally Posted by curious_george View Post
    Naw, it would have to be North Austin!

Quote Originally Posted by curious_george View Post
    That's my destination.. hmmm...

Well technically I live in Williamson County and I am sure he is too afraid to bomb Williamson County.

I am getting this second hand but the actual tracking leads it to the DFW area.
    Now this comes from a Alex Jones report.

North Korea has now given its army the go-ahead to launch a nuclear attack on the United States, and where is our President? Not once has he acknowledged that there is a problem in Korea. He'd rather concentrate on gun control and on matters that can be very readily handled by local and state authorities. But he's gotta have his nose and his hand in it... except in matters of national security.

You forgot fund raising.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I am sure el presidente will lay down for a nap and let evryone else handle it. If history is any indication.....
    I went to sleep, safe in my bed one night. I woke up in cuba......

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I am sure el presidente will lay down for a nap and let evryone else handle it. If history is any indication.....
    Or go on vacation playing, shootin baskets or clay pigeons!

I think North Korea is full of hot air. They don't have the technology to shoot at Texas. They don't have the money to better their technology. Also, Austin is right next to Ft. Hood (the biggest base in the world and also home to 2-1 ADA) He's dreaming if he thinks he can actually pull this off.
    Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. ~~~Mark Twain

Ne obliviscaris

Kinda reminds me of that picture of a little kid that is trying to beat up a bigger person and the bigger person has their hand on the kids head hold them just beyond arms length away

Ritz, they certainly can't hit any part of Texas, even with their longest-range missile, but they are capable of hitting our military bases in Japan and South Korea. My concern is that the pretender-in-chief is going to twiddle his thumbs until some Americans die, and then it's too late. When they moved their intermediate-range missile launchers to the east coast of North Korea, that should be enough to trigger a preemptive strike by the United States to prevent the loss of American lives.

Our lack of action in the face of ever-increasing threats against us just helps to convince Kim that he should continue in the same course of action. We need to wait only until they have a celebration and a parade, where all their military leaders are together on the reviewing stand, then take them all out.

I'm not sure that Obama is aware of the threats.

He is too busy campaigning and playing Hollywood. A little too afraid to do his job.

We already have air defense stationed in South Korea and I saw a news report today that we have more air defense on the move. The only reason I noticed this is beause my husband was in the unit that is in South Korea when he was in the military.

Re: North Korea wants to bomb Austin...

Do we REALLY want to depend on air defense? Or should we just make it impossible for their missiles to leave the launchpad? The problem with defense is that it's possible that one of their missiles could get through our defenses. Preemptive action is the only thing that can assure that no Americans will be killed in a "surprise" attack.
    I just can't figure out why Obama appears to be ignoring the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    ...I just can't figure out why Obama appears to be ignoring the problem.
    Probably because he's ignorant.
    Don't ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

He probably doesn't understand the situation. Ignorance is bliss.

I may be a bit biased but I think our air defense is completely capable of getting the job done if/when it needs be done.

If he does nothing and someone else makes the decision then not his fault. blame someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ritz_76448 View Post
    I may be a bit biased but I think our air defense is completely capable of getting the job done if/when it needs be done.
    When does the if/when condition apply? Now, before an attack? Or wait until we are attacked and Americans die? Should we allow them to shoot a missile at us? They have stated their intentions to do exactly that. Why are we waiting for it to happen?

If a man tells the world that he is going to kill another man, and demonstrates his capability to do so, should the police do nothing? Should the police provide the intended victim with a bullet-proof vest? Then, if he kills the man, are the police responsible, even though they say, "Well, we thought he was bluffing"?

Is this not the same scenario? We can't depend on our air defenses to protect us from a rogue nation's missiles, the same way the police can't depend on body armor to stop an assassin's bullet.
    Last edited by Cecil; 04-09-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Ritz, they certainly can't hit any part of Texas, even with their longest-range missile, but they are capable of hitting our military bases in Japan and South Korea. My concern is that the pretender-in-chief is going to twiddle his thumbs until some Americans die, and then it's too late. When they moved their intermediate-range missile launchers to the east coast of North Korea, that should be enough to trigger a preemptive strike by the United States to prevent the loss of American lives.

Our lack of action in the face of ever-increasing threats against us just helps to convince Kim that he should continue in the same course of action. We need to wait only until they have a celebration and a parade, where all their military leaders are together on the reviewing stand, then take them all out.

I'm not sure that Obama is aware of the threats.

bomb em all to hell and let the devil have them

What would you have us do? March right into North Korea and start yet another war that we can't afford? All because he might try to fire a missle at us? Even though they've already demonstrated that they don't have the technology? Or, we could utilize the forces that we already have waiting in South Korea and other locations in the event of this actually happening.

This is one mans opinion about it.

Gary L. Bauer

Cowering Before North Korea

Nobody knows what is going through Kim Jong Un's fevered brain. North Korea'syoung dictator has been hurling threats and invective for weeks. His regime haswarned foreign diplomats that it cannot guarantee their safety after tomorrow.North Korea is warning foreigners to leave South Korea. And Kim has threatenednuclear strikes on specific U.S. cities.

What is our response? Well at the White House they held another party. At theDepartment of Defense, Secretary Chuck Hagel canceled a scheduled U.S. missiletest. According to the Associated Press the launch was canceled due to"concerns the launch could be misinterpreted and exacerbate the Koreancrisis."

Nobody wants the U.S. to be involved in another war by accident or otherwise.But this is not the way to avoid it. Kim Jong Un is threatening to nukespecific American cities and the reaction of our Secretary of Defense is to dohis best to avoid being provocative. The provocation is all Kim Jong Un's.

It's not clear that Kim has the capability to deliver a nuke. He may or maynot. But if we are cowering in the face of such threats now, just imagine thedilemma the next president will face when Iran and North Korea do have theability to lob nukes at us or transfer those nukes to terrorists.

Today we face two tyrants running Iran and North Korea while threatening us andother democracies with nuclear weapons. The response has been pathetic, as
    thisWall Street Journal op-ed makes clear.

Instead of peace through strength, Obama is giving us instability throughweakness. Obama is working non-stop to limit the rights of law-abidingAmericans to obtain firearms while potential mass murderers in Iran and NorthKorea may soon have weapons that can kill millions.

What would you have us do? March right into North Korea and start yet another war that we can't afford? All because he might try to fire a missle at us? Even though they've already demonstrated that they don't have the technology? Or, we could utilize the forces that we already have waiting in South Korea and other locations in the event of this actually happening.
    Don't you think maybe they have already started the war? We could FINISH it very quickly. Now, what would you have us do? Sit here and wait for the first Americans to die at the hand of Kim Jong Un?

Now, let me tell you how I REALLY feel about it. The lives of all the people in North Korea are not worth the life of ONE American soldier, and I think it is irresponsible for our government to sit here twiddling our thumbs while North Korea gets stronger and more belligerent every day. OK, so let's assume that they don't have the technology to lob a missile into our territory. Will they have it tomorrow? The next day? Next month? I am not willing to sit here and wait and see.

I do not think they have started the war. They are just blowing a bunch of hot air. Its kind of like in sports when both teams talk "smack" before the game. No, the war has not started yet. It will start when they shoot off a missle at us. I think you may have misinterpreted what I said Cecil. I never once said any Americans should die. I am just saying that in the case of them firing off missles, our air defense is more than capable of shooting it out of the air and they are already stationed in several key places. I do not think we should just start bombing them, they have not started anything yet and I don't think we should start it. Do you honestly think we aren't ready and waiting for them to start it? When they do shoot that first missle toward us, we can shoot it out of the air and then we can finish it. All I am saying is, let them start it so we aren't looking like the bullies who just start wars all over the globe. Why does America feel the need to police all the other countries? Isn't that what the UN is for?

When that first missle is shot (which we are watching for), ADA can shoot it out of the air and then return fire. Until the time when there is a real threat, our military should not go out looking for trouble.

Your kidding right?...Bin Laden made threats and we failed to take his threat out and look what happened?...How many weirdos out there posted manifestos right here in our own country...stuff like shooting people in a school or workplace...how many of their rants were just "smack" or "blowing a bunch of hot air"?...No defense system is perfect Ritz I don't care what you think because your husband was there...doesn't make me feel any better. I am not willing to chance it...not one single American should have to die because we :thought they was joking"...A leader of a country has given the go ahead to attack the UNITED STATES of AMERICA...that is a declaration of war...PERIOD...I say take out all their launch sites now with air strikes...you might be willing to wait but I ain't.

I do not think they have started the war. They are just blowing a bunch of hot air. Its kind of like in sports when both teams talk "smack" before the game. No, the war has not started yet. It will start when they shoot off a missle at us. I think you may have misinterpreted what I said Cecil. I never once said any Americans should die. I am just saying that in the case of them firing off missles, our air defense is more than capable of shooting it out of the air and they are already stationed in several key places. I do not think we should just start bombing them, they have not started anything yet and I don't think we should start it. Do you honestly think we aren't ready and waiting for them to start it? When they do shoot that first missle toward us, we can shoot it out of the air and then we can finish it. All I am saying is, let them start it so we aren't looking like the bullies who just start wars all over the globe. Why does America feel the need to police all the other countries? Isn't that what the UN is for?

When that first missle is shot (which we are watching for), ADA can shoot it out of the air and then return fire. Until the time when there is a real threat, our military should not go out looking for trouble.

When did he declare war? Last I read, he said we misinterpreted it. Once he does declare war, by all means, lets take them out.
    Last edited by ritz_76448; 04-10-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added

The news is reporting that N Korea has moved missels into place and in the launch position for a test launch.

"for a test launch"...that is not a declaration of war

Re: North Korea wants to bomb Austin...

If you're walking down the street with your children at your side, and a man with a crazed look in his eyes comes running toward you with a knife in his hand, screaming that he is going to kill your children, at what point do you pull the trigger? Only AFTER he has actually stabbed one of your kids?

When the leader of a country declares publicly that he is going to destroy America with nuclear weapons, that, my friend, is a declaration of war! Do you think he has to get his congress or parliament to put it in writing? NOT!!

Ok, I see your point. I understand, we have been threatened..I do. I just don't understand y'all's thought process on why our air defense isn't capable of shooting their missiles out of the air. Do you realize that we can't just march over the border? There is miles of landmines waiting for ground troups.

Air strikes could disable most of their defenses. At least enough to make them aware of the consequences of their threats. We have a fine ally on their border and lots of backing from other countries. Waiting for them to launch and then countering makes no sense at all.

Ok, I see your point. I understand, we have been threatened..I do. I just don't understand y'all's thought process on why our air defense isn't capable of shooting their missiles out of the air. Do you realize that we can't just march over the border? There is miles of landmines waiting for ground troups.
    It's because our air defense is NOT capable of shooting ALL of their missiles out of the air. The PATRIOT interceptor system has an 80% accuracy and success rate, which means that if N. Korea launches ten missiles, we would successfully intercept 8 of them, leaving 2 that would reach their targets. That is unacceptable odds for the safety of Americans. But... if the missiles are destroyed on the launch pad, and the enemy's capacity to manufacture weapons is destroyed, American cities are safe from their attack. Isn't 100% safe better than 80% safe?

The United States should NEVER AGAIN send ground troops onto foreign soil for the purpose of waging war. With aerial attacks, missiles, aircraft, and drones, there is no need for an American soldiers boots to ever touch an enemy's soil.