Thread: If they are really serious about solving the illegal immigrant problem.....

If they are really serious about solving the illegal immigrant problem.....

Why not save the ridiculous amount of money Trump is talking about spending on the ridiculous wall and instead go after the people/companies who are hiring the illegals. If they can't find jobs, there is no reason to come here. It would also even the playing field more for those who are not hiring illegals and are having to bid jobs against those who are.

For me, Julie, the answer is simple.........it is good old fashioned greed. The business owner wants the biggest profit margin possible. The easiest way to achieve that is minimum cost labor.
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

We have made it so easy for illegals to receive benefits, that needs to stop. Employers need to be fined. But, the wall would help.

Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy JP View Post
    We have made it so easy for illegals to receive benefits, that needs to stop. Employers need to be fined. But, the wall would help.
    What benefits do illegals receive? Public education for their kids? What else?

I keep saying that we want illegal immigrants. We used to have slaves until that was illegal, now they have illegal immigrants. Workers that employers can under pay, don't have to offer any benefits, they aren't going to turn them in for cutting corners and they'll work hard and long. If we make them legal or give them any kind of worker status, then that messes it up for those who employ them and they'll have to find those that can't get worker status to work for them.. the still illegal immigrant. Spend the money on walls, send up drones, patrol the border, watch the shores... I'll bet you are still going to have a plethora of illegal immigrants. It's kinda like the war on drugs. How's that going for us?

If they are really serious about solving the illegal immigrant problem.....

Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    For me, Julie, the answer is simple.........it is good old fashioned greed. The business owner wants the biggest profit margin possible. The easiest way to achieve that is minimum cost labor.
    I agree with you. What's the solution?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

As JP said "it too easy for illegals to be on the gov't dole". There is medicare (if they are old enough), medicade, WIC, TANFF, food stamps and more under special circumstances of which I am not aware. But, they are illegal without the proper proof of citizenship, you say. This is where they buy the "proper papers". It's too easy.
    Last edited by lamb; 05-14-2017 at 10:47 PM.

I was listening to a D.C. security briefing the other day. The Director of National Intelligence (DNI) - the dude that kind of brings all the various agencies together -- explained to Congress why the border wall is a necessity for security. I don't remember all the details but I did remember that he talked about the unbelievable amount of drugs coming across the border right now. He said that drug overdoses have jumped to the 9th overall cause of deaths in America and are number one for cause of death by injury killing more people than car accidents. Because of the immediate changes the Trump administration made to ICE and border patrols, agents are actively working the borders. It was reported in May that in Texas agents seized 177% more heroin and 129% more cocaine. Agents report that because attempts to cross the border are down so much, they can actually do their jobs and monitor the border rather than process people. To me, the flow of illegal crossings has had ripple effects across a lot of areas that the Democrat leadership refuses to acknowledge.

Double yup!