Thread: Lights

Lights

I thought I would come back to turn off the lights but I decided to take a page from Tom Bodett's book instead. We'll leave the light on for you.
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Nobody ever visits.....
    Let's Make the Spin Great Again!!

I started to just leave the sad face, but it said my message had to be at least 3 characters.. so it should work now.

Is this goodbye?

I sure hope not even though I have not been posting on a regular basis. Seems like the only thing folks get fired up about is politics. I hate talking politics would rather just vote. But, dang it has been hot. I did notice that Mickey D in town will close for a while not sure what all is going on with remodeling. But, with school starting someone will sure miss their happy meal.

Oh no! Eastland can't lose McDonalds!

I paid for another year on the EastlandSpin.com domain name.

McDs is supposed to be closed until August 7th(? I think it was), to finish the remodeling inside. I'm not good without my Frappe.

I'm depressed about summer vacation almost being over and school starting back up. I don't feel like I got to do anything with the grandkids this summer and they are getting very very close to the age of having lives that don't include grandparents except at Christmas. Parent's don't get the hindsight to truly understand how fast time flies when raising kids, but us grandparents certainly do.

Truer words were never spoken, Julie. I don't hear from my grands unless they want something. But, that's okay. It's just good to know that need me when all else fails.

(sigh) Good bye (click)

Well I come and I make the effort to post.. then I get busy and can't take the time it takes me to put a post on the Spin. Apparently my situation is unique and I've been unable to figure out what's causing it, but after I arrive here, and I might be able to click on a couple of things before it happens, I run into an error on the page loading. I have to figure out which browser I'm in, figure out how to clear the cookies on that browser and then log back into the Spin and it will work until I get through with it in that sitting. Then the next time I hit the page, same process. I actually think it's something to do with my router because it happens on all browsers and all devices in my house. Usually when I run into the problem, I just move on. I wish the ESpin Facebook group thing had this set up for a forum. I don't like the way conversations happen on Facebook. It is not conducive to debate.

But, if anyone would like to join in on the EastlandSpin Facebook "group" find it and request to join (it's closed so we can keep out most of the "outsiders"). https://www.facebook.com/groups/eastlandspin/

Thanks for the effort, Julie. I don't use Facebook....it's not what I want participate in, so I will just say "goodbye".

No posts in over a month.

Yep. I still have trouble using the Spin. I have to clear cookies to get into it, and then after doing that, I'll forget to check mark the stay logged in box, then after I spend some time typing up a reply, it tells me I'm logged out... which it may do now.

Then I have to log back in, and find out I need to clear my cookies...

I'm turning on the Christmas theme if I can remember how...

I'll try to check back in more often, and I'll try to come up with a topic... but someone else has to post too. This could just be a spacious public messenger for a couple of us. lol.

What happened to the Eastland Mavericks in playoff game?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    What happened to the Eastland Mavericks in playoff game?!?!?
    They lost. I don't ever get to listen/watch complete Eastland games I just watch the scores. I'm usually busy streaming Strawn Football. Strawn is still in the playoffs and statistically, they should make it to at least the semi-finals.

I wish them luck!