Thread: Sad about the Presidential example we have

Sad about the Presidential example we have

There have been Presidents in the past that I didn't agree with and that was okay.. but I always felt that the great majority of them represented our Country in a Presidential way. I have always felt that you should show respect for our President even if you are arguing policy. But this President, to me, doesn't call for any shred of respect. He stabs his own in the back. He calls for loyalty and then throws those who have had his back under the bus. He constantly talks trash in a very disrespectful way about anyone who may not agree with him. Nope.. I cannot offer this President any respect because he is not respectful.

The Boy Scout org shouldn't have to put out a disclaimer, after a President speaks, trying to distance themselves from what sounded like a campaign rally at times. Trump's rallying boos for a former President, his boastfulness of his election night (again) and discussion and threats about the health care bill... that was all very inappropriate in my opinion and it seems to be a recurring theme for every captive audience. I didn't even like the fact that he used the word "hell" in his opening statement.

He doesn't make me angry.. he just makes me sad and scared because our country is dividing and he's doing nothing to change that. As a matter of fact, his language pushes the us and them attitude even more, imo. Although I must say I don't think he's all that partisan. The "us" is simply his devoted, unquestioning followers, and the "them" is anyone who isn't "us". He's like an arrogant, boastful, spoiled teenager with a lot of power.

And see.. his horrible personality is distracting me from watching policies that are more important than his temper tantrums.

I don't agree with you, Julie. I hope he "DRAINS THE SWAMP!"
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

No matter what he does, Its better than if the Hilldabeast had won.
    Let's Make the Spin Great Again!!

Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    I don't agree with you, Julie. I hope he "DRAINS THE SWAMP!"
    He doesn't seem to be moving in that direction at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    No matter what he does, Its better than if the Hilldabeast had won.
    Could be.. but she isn't the President.. he is. I don't understand why everyone points to things that might have been.. or Trump's constantly asking why they aren't investigating things she did (they did investigate a heck of a lot of things). The reason is because he is the President.. she isn't. He is the one we look at now. He is the one representing our Country.

He is representing our country and I like the way he doing so. I like that he is keeping in touch with the people via Twitter avoiding the "fake news". They are gnashing their teeth because they are not allowed to ask their loaded questions giving them the opportunity to hash and rehash every word he said and twisting his words.

Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    He is representing our country and I like the way he doing so. I like that he is keeping in touch with the people via Twitter avoiding the "fake news". They are gnashing their teeth because they are not allowed to ask their loaded questions giving them the opportunity to hash and rehash every word he said and twisting his words.
    He is the "fake news". He lies about things that can be easily checked on and I don't understand why. His ego has him exaggerating and just adding things to conversations that support his claims but don't seem to have been said.

I listened to his speech to the American Legion Boys and Auxiliary Girls Nation and I thought he was doing a great job.. but then his ego reared up and showed it's ugly head and after talking about brave heroes, victory over tyranny in WWII, the moon landing, and Reagan's part in the Berlin Wall... he had to stick that last election night into it stating that it was one of the "amazing moments in history you will witness in your lifetime." Then prompted for self-applause by going into what a good job they (his administration) are doing and how well the country is doing.. and asked "You all happy?"...and, of course, everyone was. You know I spend the whole month of August using my birthday as an excuse to get to do extra stuff or buy dessert and things like that, but this guy is taking squeezing everything he can out of an election victory to a height I've never seen before. I think it may just be that HE still can't believe it.

Now it appears he has said in an interview that the "head" of the Boy Scouts gave him a call to tell him how great his speech was. The Boy Scouts organization has responded saying that they are not aware of any such phone call that took place with Michael Surbaugh, the chief scout executive... Surbaugh, you know is the one that released the statement apologizing to those who may have been offended by the political rhetoric in Trump's speech.

Alternative reality: If you dig through the muck and listen to poor Sarah Sanders try to get their ducks in a row (I think she may be working with wrangling cats instead) it appears that what Trump may have been referring to was those who he said approached him after the speech at the event to sing praises. Scout leader= head of the Boy Scouts. We may have just assumed "called" meant on the phone, when he was referring to some guy at the event calling to him. If nothing else.. he can be very, very misleading like real fake news.

He has now stated that the President of Mexico gave him a call to compliment his handling of the U.S. -Mexico border. "The president of Mexico called me. They said their southern border... very few people are coming because they know they're not going to get through our border, which is the ultimate compliment." Trump said. Now Mexico's foreign affairs body has issued a statement correcting that statement saying that no such phone call took place.

Alternative reality: It seems the two president's did meet face to face at the G20 summit and addressed the topic of immigration. It is also reported that in the past year Nieto told Trump, immigration from Central and South America had decreased 47 percent.

Apparently Trump took that information and just assumed that immigration slowed down because of Trump's threat of a future wall and that Nieto was patting him on the back for that.

I still think Kelly Anne Conway is his perfect spokesperson. I love to listen to her explanations. And to think everyone laughed at her "alternative realty" statement ... Covfefe.. it really does explain things.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    He is the "fake news". He lies about things that can be easily checked on and I don't understand why. His ego has him exaggerating and just adding things to conversations that support his claims but don't seem to have been said.

I listened to his speech to the American Legion Boys and Auxiliary Girls Nation and I thought he was doing a great job.. but then his ego reared up and showed it's ugly head and after talking about brave heroes, victory over tyranny in WWII, the moon landing, and Reagan's part in the Berlin Wall... he had to stick that last election night into it stating that it was one of the "amazing moments in history you will witness in your lifetime." Then prompted for self-applause by going into what a good job they (his administration) are doing and how well the country is doing.. and asked "You all happy?"...and, of course, everyone was. You know I spend the whole month of August using my birthday as an excuse to get to do extra stuff or buy dessert and things like that, but this guy is taking squeezing everything he can out of an election victory to a height I've never seen before. I think it may just be that HE still can't believe it.

Now it appears he has said in an interview that the "head" of the Boy Scouts gave him a call to tell him how great his speech was. The Boy Scouts organization has responded saying that they are not aware of any such phone call that took place with Michael Surbaugh, the chief scout executive... Surbaugh, you know is the one that released the statement apologizing to those who may have been offended by the political rhetoric in Trump's speech.

Alternative reality: If you dig through the muck and listen to poor Sarah Sanders try to get their ducks in a row (I think she may be working with wrangling cats instead) it appears that what Trump may have been referring to was those who he said approached him after the speech at the event to sing praises. Scout leader= head of the Boy Scouts. We may have just assumed "called" meant on the phone, when he was referring to some guy at the event calling to him. If nothing else.. he can be very, very misleading like real fake news.

He has now stated that the President of Mexico gave him a call to compliment his handling of the U.S. -Mexico border. "The president of Mexico called me. They said their southern border... very few people are coming because they know they're not going to get through our border, which is the ultimate compliment." Trump said. Now Mexico's foreign affairs body has issued a statement correcting that statement saying that no such phone call took place.

Alternative reality: It seems the two president's did meet face to face at the G20 summit and addressed the topic of immigration. It is also reported that in the past year Nieto told Trump, immigration from Central and South America had decreased 47 percent.

Apparently Trump took that information and just assumed that immigration slowed down because of Trump's threat of a future wall and that Nieto was patting him on the back for that.

I still think Kelly Anne Conway is his perfect spokesperson. I love to listen to her explanations. And to think everyone laughed at her "alternative realty" statement ... Covfefe.. it really does explain things.
    Just checked back on the spin. I thought I had mistakenly connected to MSMBS.
    I respect your point of view. Many of us felt the same way during the eight years of Obama.
    I am thankful for president Trump everyday. I feel finally we have a president who is proud of America. At last we have a president who respects our military, not contempt. Where was your fervor during the eight years Obama and his toadies were lieing to the American people. Remember the unaffordable health care system and your lower health care rates and on and on. President Trump, he who must be obeyed.
    Last edited by oldgoat; 08-05-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Yea, old goat!!!

Double yup.

Ne obliviscaris

I beg to differ!

Its really sad to see the Dems and the press doing everything they can to stop him, while screaming that Trump is ineffective. Obama got treated better by the GOP, than Trump is being treated. He's still got my vote.

Ditto!!!!!!