Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Sad about the Presidential example we have

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Gordon, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,161

    Sad about the Presidential example we have

    There have been Presidents in the past that I didn't agree with and that was okay.. but I always felt that the great majority of them represented our Country in a Presidential way. I have always felt that you should show respect for our President even if you are arguing policy. But this President, to me, doesn't call for any shred of respect. He stabs his own in the back. He calls for loyalty and then throws those who have had his back under the bus. He constantly talks trash in a very disrespectful way about anyone who may not agree with him. Nope.. I cannot offer this President any respect because he is not respectful.

    The Boy Scout org shouldn't have to put out a disclaimer, after a President speaks, trying to distance themselves from what sounded like a campaign rally at times. Trump's rallying boos for a former President, his boastfulness of his election night (again) and discussion and threats about the health care bill... that was all very inappropriate in my opinion and it seems to be a recurring theme for every captive audience. I didn't even like the fact that he used the word "hell" in his opening statement.

    He doesn't make me angry.. he just makes me sad and scared because our country is dividing and he's doing nothing to change that. As a matter of fact, his language pushes the us and them attitude even more, imo. Although I must say I don't think he's all that partisan. The "us" is simply his devoted, unquestioning followers, and the "them" is anyone who isn't "us". He's like an arrogant, boastful, spoiled teenager with a lot of power.

    And see.. his horrible personality is distracting me from watching policies that are more important than his temper tantrums.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,484
    I don't agree with you, Julie. I hope he "DRAINS THE SWAMP!"
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    869
    No matter what he does, Its better than if the Hilldabeast had won.
    Let's Make the Spin Great Again!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Gordon, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,161
    Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    I don't agree with you, Julie. I hope he "DRAINS THE SWAMP!"
    He doesn't seem to be moving in that direction at all.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Gordon, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    No matter what he does, Its better than if the Hilldabeast had won.
    Could be.. but she isn't the President.. he is. I don't understand why everyone points to things that might have been.. or Trump's constantly asking why they aren't investigating things she did (they did investigate a heck of a lot of things). The reason is because he is the President.. she isn't. He is the one we look at now. He is the one representing our Country.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,484
    He is representing our country and I like the way he doing so. I like that he is keeping in touch with the people via Twitter avoiding the "fake news". They are gnashing their teeth because they are not allowed to ask their loaded questions giving them the opportunity to hash and rehash every word he said and twisting his words.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Gordon, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,161
    Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    He is representing our country and I like the way he doing so. I like that he is keeping in touch with the people via Twitter avoiding the "fake news". They are gnashing their teeth because they are not allowed to ask their loaded questions giving them the opportunity to hash and rehash every word he said and twisting his words.
    He is the "fake news". He lies about things that can be easily checked on and I don't understand why. His ego has him exaggerating and just adding things to conversations that support his claims but don't seem to have been said.

    I listened to his speech to the American Legion Boys and Auxiliary Girls Nation and I thought he was doing a great job.. but then his ego reared up and showed it's ugly head and after talking about brave heroes, victory over tyranny in WWII, the moon landing, and Reagan's part in the Berlin Wall... he had to stick that last election night into it stating that it was one of the "amazing moments in history you will witness in your lifetime." Then prompted for self-applause by going into what a good job they (his administration) are doing and how well the country is doing.. and asked "You all happy?"...and, of course, everyone was. You know I spend the whole month of August using my birthday as an excuse to get to do extra stuff or buy dessert and things like that, but this guy is taking squeezing everything he can out of an election victory to a height I've never seen before. I think it may just be that HE still can't believe it.

    Now it appears he has said in an interview that the "head" of the Boy Scouts gave him a call to tell him how great his speech was. The Boy Scouts organization has responded saying that they are not aware of any such phone call that took place with Michael Surbaugh, the chief scout executive... Surbaugh, you know is the one that released the statement apologizing to those who may have been offended by the political rhetoric in Trump's speech.

    Alternative reality: If you dig through the muck and listen to poor Sarah Sanders try to get their ducks in a row (I think she may be working with wrangling cats instead) it appears that what Trump may have been referring to was those who he said approached him after the speech at the event to sing praises. Scout leader= head of the Boy Scouts. We may have just assumed "called" meant on the phone, when he was referring to some guy at the event calling to him. If nothing else.. he can be very, very misleading like real fake news.

    He has now stated that the President of Mexico gave him a call to compliment his handling of the U.S. -Mexico border. "The president of Mexico called me. They said their southern border... very few people are coming because they know they're not going to get through our border, which is the ultimate compliment." Trump said. Now Mexico's foreign affairs body has issued a statement correcting that statement saying that no such phone call took place.

    Alternative reality: It seems the two president's did meet face to face at the G20 summit and addressed the topic of immigration. It is also reported that in the past year Nieto told Trump, immigration from Central and South America had decreased 47 percent.

    Apparently Trump took that information and just assumed that immigration slowed down because of Trump's threat of a future wall and that Nieto was patting him on the back for that.

    I still think Kelly Anne Conway is his perfect spokesperson. I love to listen to her explanations. And to think everyone laughed at her "alternative realty" statement ... Covfefe.. it really does explain things.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    He is the "fake news". He lies about things that can be easily checked on and I don't understand why. His ego has him exaggerating and just adding things to conversations that support his claims but don't seem to have been said.

    I listened to his speech to the American Legion Boys and Auxiliary Girls Nation and I thought he was doing a great job.. but then his ego reared up and showed it's ugly head and after talking about brave heroes, victory over tyranny in WWII, the moon landing, and Reagan's part in the Berlin Wall... he had to stick that last election night into it stating that it was one of the "amazing moments in history you will witness in your lifetime." Then prompted for self-applause by going into what a good job they (his administration) are doing and how well the country is doing.. and asked "You all happy?"...and, of course, everyone was. You know I spend the whole month of August using my birthday as an excuse to get to do extra stuff or buy dessert and things like that, but this guy is taking squeezing everything he can out of an election victory to a height I've never seen before. I think it may just be that HE still can't believe it.

    Now it appears he has said in an interview that the "head" of the Boy Scouts gave him a call to tell him how great his speech was. The Boy Scouts organization has responded saying that they are not aware of any such phone call that took place with Michael Surbaugh, the chief scout executive... Surbaugh, you know is the one that released the statement apologizing to those who may have been offended by the political rhetoric in Trump's speech.

    Alternative reality: If you dig through the muck and listen to poor Sarah Sanders try to get their ducks in a row (I think she may be working with wrangling cats instead) it appears that what Trump may have been referring to was those who he said approached him after the speech at the event to sing praises. Scout leader= head of the Boy Scouts. We may have just assumed "called" meant on the phone, when he was referring to some guy at the event calling to him. If nothing else.. he can be very, very misleading like real fake news.

    He has now stated that the President of Mexico gave him a call to compliment his handling of the U.S. -Mexico border. "The president of Mexico called me. They said their southern border... very few people are coming because they know they're not going to get through our border, which is the ultimate compliment." Trump said. Now Mexico's foreign affairs body has issued a statement correcting that statement saying that no such phone call took place.

    Alternative reality: It seems the two president's did meet face to face at the G20 summit and addressed the topic of immigration. It is also reported that in the past year Nieto told Trump, immigration from Central and South America had decreased 47 percent.

    Apparently Trump took that information and just assumed that immigration slowed down because of Trump's threat of a future wall and that Nieto was patting him on the back for that.

    I still think Kelly Anne Conway is his perfect spokesperson. I love to listen to her explanations. And to think everyone laughed at her "alternative realty" statement ... Covfefe.. it really does explain things.
    Just checked back on the spin. I thought I had mistakenly connected to MSMBS.
    I respect your point of view. Many of us felt the same way during the eight years of Obama.
    I am thankful for president Trump everyday. I feel finally we have a president who is proud of America. At last we have a president who respects our military, not contempt. Where was your fervor during the eight years Obama and his toadies were lieing to the American people. Remember the unaffordable health care system and your lower health care rates and on and on. President Trump, he who must be obeyed.
    Last edited by oldgoat; 08-05-2017 at 05:55 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,484
    Yea, old goat!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,554
    Double yup.

  11. #11
    Ne obliviscaris

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,484
    I beg to differ!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    869
    Its really sad to see the Dems and the press doing everything they can to stop him, while screaming that Trump is ineffective. Obama got treated better by the GOP, than Trump is being treated. He's still got my vote.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,484
    Ditto!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Gordon, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,161
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    Just checked back on the spin. I thought I had mistakenly connected to MSMBS.
    I respect your point of view. Many of us felt the same way during the eight years of Obama.
    I am thankful for president Trump everyday. I feel finally we have a president who is proud of America. At last we have a president who respects our military, not contempt. Where was your fervor during the eight years Obama and his toadies were lieing to the American people. Remember the unaffordable health care system and your lower health care rates and on and on. President Trump, he who must be obeyed.
    The "unaffordable health care system" that allowed me to have health insurance for the first time in years? The one that added millions of people onto the rolls of the insured? Much of what was first proposed was ripped away from the final plan which caused some of the problems with the plan overall. Not requiring people to get on the plan keeps the healthy from paying into premiums and allows them to jump onto the plans once they have found out they are sick and need insurance (dropping that pre-existing condition block). I can understand where insurance companies would have problems with that and have to raise premiums because of it.

    We are all required to have auto insurance to make sure when someone hits someone else, there is insurance to cover that. It's a good plan for the insurance companies (every driver is a potential customer), body shops and the individual who is hit by another driver. When someone hits you and they don't have insurance, it doesn't affect me. You're the only one without transportation and possibly no way to fix it because someone else is irresponsible. Yet we think it is fine to force responsibility onto everyone so an individual isn't stuck without a car. Being able to fix your car seems really important, but being able to pay for pay for medical care isn't?

    Requiring health insurance for everyone really helps all of us by keeping premiums lower. Not having insurance doesn't keep those who are sick from going to the hospital, it just keeps them from going for preventative care, waiting until what they have is at a point that it is very expensive to treat, and leaves an unpaid bill that we all have to pay in the form of higher costs for care, insurance and taxes from everyone to make up for the ones who can't pay. Those who don't have insurance show up at the emergency room where they can't be turned away...they may be stabilized and turned away quicker than someone with insurance, but they will ultimately add to the mound of hospital bills left unpaid.

    I don't have a clue how on earth they can do what Trump is promising of making insurance affordable, giving you choices of doctors and being accepted even with a pre-existing condition yet not requiring or penalizing anyone for not getting health insurance. I think we've found all those things don't fit in the same hat and I'm sure that's why they are having such problems with bringing anything better than what we have to the table. Obama promised those first things, but that was when the plan had EVERYONE taking out insurance. Without that one element, the rest just can't happen.

    One of the problems we now have with insurance companies dropping out of Obamacare and premiums jumping so high is simply because of the uncertainty in the market that has been created by the GOP promise to kill Obamacare but they haven't offered up a replacement. Insurance companies aren't sure what they will be facing so they have to plan as though there will be no help from the government which means raising premiums or getting out of the market. So we will get back to millions uninsured that are still heading for the emergency rooms.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Gordon, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Its really sad to see the Dems and the press doing everything they can to stop him, while screaming that Trump is ineffective. Obama got treated better by the GOP, than Trump is being treated. He's still got my vote.
    I'm thinking your memory is failing you. A couple of quotes I found with a quick search from a 2010 article:

    Here’s John Boehner, the likely speaker if Republicans take the House, offering his plans for Obama’s agenda: “We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

    Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”


    So.. no matter which party is in office, it doesn't seem to be about anything except crippling the other party. It's not about us, or what's best for the country, it seems to simply be about party.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Gordon, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,161
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    Where was your fervor during the eight years Obama and his toadies were lieing to the American people..
    And a comment on this...

    You didn't see my "fervor" during Bush's time in office or anyone else either. I've always sorta stayed out of politics. I might touch on social issues (pretty hard, because those are my favorite topics), and that might relate to what's going on in politics, but overall, I try not to be a president basher.. until now...

    This isn't a comparison thing and I don't understand why everyone sees it that way. It isn't about Trump being Republican (I didn't like him when he was a Democrat). It is about Trump period. Although I watched the show, I couldn't stand Trump on his Apprentice show. I've never liked him. I had hoped that he would change from the antagonizer to President after he was elected, but he's just exactly as I thought he would be. An embarrassment. He's not diplomatic at all. He's crude and rude and, even though I know better, he sounds uneducated. He'd rather get in a name calling match than try to negotiate. His lying isn't about making some political promise and then it doesn't work out. It's about his flat out saying something (usually related to boasting) that just isn't true, he knows it isn't true, it can be proven it's not true and yet.. there he is saying it over and over again. This isn't about some negotiations for a piece of property, this is about the welfare in our country. He makes me very nervous.

    So during this presidency you may see my fervor for the first time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •