Thread: Hi there

Hi there

First I want to say: Happy Birthday a few days late to Curious George!

I got the Christmas theme to work, but for some reason it's not centered on my computer screen and doesn't take up much of the real estate on my screen. But, it's festive.

Can't believe it's the Christmas season. Green grass out and warm enough to run around in short sleeves most days. But, you know me... I'm not complaining. It just doesn't get me motivated to decorate.

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving, is well and has a wonderful Christmas holiday.

It's funny.. I don't know who several of you are in real life and it's like everyone moved away from the neighborhood and I don't know what happened to them. Even if some of you are on Facebook, and even if you're one of my so-called "friends" on Facebook, my knowledge may not have a link between that person and Spin character you are here. I'm not asking for anyone to out themselves because I really did enjoy everyone as I saw them here on the Spin.

It is fun to be able to offer a safe place to hide behind a moniker and say what you are thinking. But now no one uses it. With Facebook I have gotten to know a lot about a lot of people that I think I was better off not knowing. I liked it better when my interaction with many people face-to-face was just cordial niceties dropped at each other as we passed in the store, not knowing much about their political views or what they had for dinner yesterday.

Drop by now and then and post a "how ya doing" so we can still keep in touch. I sure do miss some of our controversial members who aren't able to contribute anymore. There is such a string of colorful characters that I was so glad to have the privilege to meet here. I remember staying up late and getting up early to come see what the next reply would be on the Spin.

I'll try to stop by more often and maybe toss up some opinion y'all don't agree with so we can get something going again.

It warmed my heart today to see someone had posted on the Spin!
    I won't elicit controversy.....never liked it; so will just say "hi".
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

What, no controversy? People love drama. I'm not crazy about drama, but I do love a debate.

I don't think fast enough to participate in a debate.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at our house. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!
    Murphy was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    I don't think fast enough to participate in a debate.
    That's the beauty of a message board. You don't have to think fast. You have all the time in the world to go do your research, discuss it with those around you, call up your friends and get their opinion, proofread what you typed and put out the very best argument to support your side.

Now I'm with you if you're talking oral debate. I'm one of those who would stand there like a deer in headlights and then after it's over, think of all the things I should have said.

You always have such eloquent replies and sound reasoning when debating that I allow you to make me feel as though you have just thrown a glass of iced-water in my face.....just saying.