Thread: Walmart lets Veteran sit in Rain... or ... veteran sits in rain?

Walmart lets Veteran sit in Rain... or ... veteran sits in rain?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/walm...170750476.html

Here's my problem with making Walmart look like the bad guy in this story.

Walmart allows a lot of organization to use the high traffic area in front of their store to do fund raisers. All organizations are treated the same from what I've seen. You get to set up outside ... out of the way of the doors. This veteran, who does this fund raiser every May to benefit fellow veterans, also was given the opportunity to use Walmart's traffic. It rained. Walmart didn't provide him with cover or allow him to get closer to the doors, so the picture of the situation was spread around on twitter by the veteran's wife, shaming Walmart. After the shaming, Walmart set up a canopy the next day.

Come on.... Is it really Walmart's job to provide cover for any organization that has been allowed to us their traffic to collect funds? I see organizations out in front of Walmart all the time that have brought their own canopy to protect them from the elements. If people keep whining and badmouthing the hand that feeds their fundraiser, Walmart could just discontinue allowing any organization the opportunity.

I appreciate the hell out of our veterans, but surely most who are fundraising in front of Walmart are more resourceful, better prepared, and more thankful for the space given.

He should have checked the weather forecast and determined he may want to bring a canopy.

No argument here.
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Well y'all are no fun.

Yeah, it seems everybody is looking for a handout, a hand up or somebody to blame/sue for mostly imagined wrongs. (sigh)