PDA

View Full Version : Election Update

RogueEconomist
06-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Here is an intresting observation. First I feel Kerry is moraly Bankrupt and Bush is just out for the rich, so I dont like either :( what a choice, I feel the average American looses whoever wins. With that said a check of battle ground states shows not much changing from bush - gore outside of Bush trailing big in Ohio and Fla. Most of other states at this point seem soild Bush or Kerry. I predict that if Bush looses Ohio , Kerry wins. No Republican has ever won and lost Ohio. The state has been hurt bigtime by the loss of jobs over seas. Watch Ohio, who wins it ,wins.

heres a intresting poll link
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/bush_vs_kerry_sbys.html

Miss Mally
06-21-2004, 11:28 PM
The key to these polls is whether the polled registered voters or just the general public.

If the general public polls are the decision makers...it is close...and Bush must take Ohio from Kerry.

If on the other hand you go with the polls of the people who are going to be voting...Bush soundly wins...with 273 electorial votes to Kerry's 231.

wellspring
06-22-2004, 09:16 AM
Did we not learn anything form the last election. Polls and predictions can be wrong.

Miss Mally
06-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Wellspring...I think that was part of the problem before on the polls.....the news media was taking polls of the general population....and that just doesn't count when it is all said and done on election day.

For a poll to be anywhere close to accurate....it must be a poll of the voters. Those are the people that will be making the desisions...those are the people who determine what direction this country takes.

wellspring
06-22-2004, 09:41 AM
I do not place much value on polls. I think for myself and ignore the polls. In my previous posts I was also referring to the exit polls and all the problems with those in the last election.

Miss Mally
06-22-2004, 09:45 AM
I do not place much value on polls. I think for myself and ignore the polls. In my previous posts I was also referring to the exit polls and all the problems with those in the last election.

Oh...don't get me wrong....i never let the polls influence how I would vote. Ekkkk.....didn't mean to come across that way. lol