PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Uncle

Miss Mally
06-24-2004, 10:08 AM
A couple of months ago...I came on and requested prayers for my uncle. The day I wrote the request, the doctors had called all the family to come see him before they put him in hospice on a morphine drip to die.

By the time we all got to the hospital...the plan had changed...for a number of reasons...he had not gotten any worse....and we the family knew this ment he wasn't giving up so why should we give up for him.

He stayed in ICU...with doctors giving little to no hope. The staff infection had eaten away six inches of his spine...and we were told if the staff did go into remission and my uncle did wake up with his mind still intact (the staff had caused secondary menigitis), that he would be paralized at best and a vegtable at worst.

As the weeks passed...we saw very very small improvements. As long as he was improving we knew he was fighting and God was working miracles.

When he did finally come too....he was unable to swallow on his own or even make intelligable sounds. The Dr. told us he was paralized and may never eat on his own or talk again and most certainly never walk again. Doctors from Abilene, Dallas and Houston said they could do nothing to salvage the spine...that it was destroyed and no surgery could fix it. They said they had never seen anything like it. We were devistated....and again asked for prayers. My uncle was on prayer lists across the state.

Today...my uncle is still in the hospital. But he is talking and eating...he can move himself from his bed to a wheel chair. And this week...He took EIGHT STEPS on a walker. The hospital is going to move him to a rehab facility. He will walk again.

God answers prayers. Thanks too all ya'll who have prayed for my uncle and kept him in your thoughts. This is truely a miracle.

Girlie
06-24-2004, 10:26 AM
We are going to see more and more of things like this as God continues to sweep this nation with his Spirit ...

Thanks for sharing a personal account, Mally! Our God reigns !!!!!!

BigGunz
06-24-2004, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the update mally and I am glad to see he is doing better....prayers will continue coming from me!

Miss Mally
06-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the update mally and I am glad to see he is doing better....prayers will continue coming from me!

Thanks Big...I am sure rehab will be a trying time for him. He does need continued prayers.

Carson
06-24-2004, 05:48 PM
Mally I am so glad to hear he is doing so well!
Carson :D

Rhiannon
06-24-2004, 08:39 PM
Great news!