PDA

View Full Version : COMPUTER VIRUSES

kay
06-25-2004, 08:38 AM
I have had about 8 viruses trying to get through this week. Is anyone else having problems? I am very thankful for 3 successful virus scans (so far) but I am getting a little worried. I recognize the names and feel sure I know who's computer they came through but I'm just wondering if anyone else is having problems. To my knowledge, it hasn't affected my computer but those of you who are on my mailing list, if you get a suspicious e-mail from me, please let me know and don't open it! I try not to forward jokes or other silly e-mails unless I find them just roll on the floor funny! Also, I can't even open attachments unless they are in JPG form so anything other than vacation pictures, I won't be mailing out anything. And I can't even get my vacation pictures to open so anything with an attachment from me is very unlikely! Please call me at home 629-3159 if anyone gets one of these from me!! Thanks! :(

Rhiannon
06-25-2004, 09:07 AM
I get several viruses a day, fortunatly Norton's catches them all. I did have a worm get threw, I went to the Norton's sight and read how to get rid of it.

Miss Mally
06-25-2004, 10:38 AM
I have had several try to get through here lately...seems like we are being bombarded.

BigGunz
06-25-2004, 11:50 AM
i got an e-mail the other day from Nortons saying that an e-mail I sent out had an irrepairable virus in it....The e-mail I supposedly sent went to a Walter Wilson and the header was One Hot babe...yeah right...I know darn good and well i do not know a Walter Wilson nor did I ever send and e-mail to him especially with a header like that...then I looked closer and the e-mail from Nortons came suspiciously...it was from Nortons@expresstelephones.com and the header said Virus protection.....I should have caught that...i ran a scan immediately and everything seems to be ok. I tell my friends that I know if I send you an e-mail i will include a code so that you know its from me and not a generated virus list.

sage
06-25-2004, 01:41 PM
i got an email from my internet company once and it said that the email that i sent to i forgot who, someone i never even heard of, had a virus in it also. that freaked me out i called my internet people and they told me to run a scan and if that didn't work that they would send me a tech to help me fix it. it was crazy though since i never sent the email to the person i didn't know

Girlie
06-25-2004, 01:45 PM
i got an email from my internet company once and it said that the email that i sent to i forgot who, someone i never even heard of, had a virus in it also. that freaked me out i called my internet people and they told me to run a scan and if that didn't work that they would send me a tech to help me fix it. it was crazy though since i never sent the email to the person i didn't know

That's how worms work, though ... they attach themselves to your email program somehow and mass mail to people ... I don't understand how all of it works, I just avoid opening any emails from people and so most of my communicating via message boards. That's my main source of communication via the internet for my family who doesn't live near ... you just can't trust email 100% anymore!

Carson
06-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Heard on the morning news that they are expecting a big problem this weekend. Some kind of virus that connects you to the hackers computer. Said to download most current nortons or what other virus protection that you have.

Carson