PDA

View Full Version : political correctness is KILLING our Country

pamela
06-29-2004, 05:55 AM
THIS IS CRAZY!!!
if we keep letting the wacko liberals continue to CHANGE things, it's down hill form here...read on:

A Tennessee man who has been sending medallions to the surviving relatives of servicemen and women and police officers who die in the line of duty says the U.S. Army has told him it can no longer help him because the mementos have Bible (search) verses on them.
Bob Parker's "Fallen Friends" organization has been sending out the medals, which feature a Liberty Bell (search) on one side and a verse from John about self-sacrifice on the reverse, since 1996. The Army recently informed him, however, that because of the religious reference it would no longer be able to supply him with the names and ranks of the fallen.

Parker says that the Army has returned the last 16 medals he attempted to distribute.

Parker's story, originally reported on WBIR-TV in Knoxville, is attracting national media attention

AND HERE'S ANOTHER EXAMPLE!!!

Historical Revisions

The historical society in a Massachusetts town is so worried about language on historical markers being offensive to modern sensibilities that it has taken to placing covers on them, reports the Boston Globe.

The markers in Deerfield, Mass., mark spots where, in 1704, French and Indian forces attacked settlers. Some contain references to ''savages" and ''Negro servants" that are now considered offensive.

Where one marble tablet originally read: ''Mary, adopted by an Indian, was named Walahowey. She married a savage, and became one," it now reads, ''She married a Kanien'kehaka and adopted the culture, customs and language of her new community in Kahnawake."

One couple said they were incensed by the changes.

Rose and James Matthews wrote in a letter to the historical society: ''We condemn your attempt to create a warm and fuzzy feeling for our Colonial history because of political correctness or personal attitudes. What will you do next? ... [claim] the hatchet marks were actually tooth marks made by tall mice seeking shelter from the cold?"

BigGunz
06-29-2004, 08:55 AM
Its crazy and way out of control!

Miss Mally
06-29-2004, 09:13 AM
I do not understand how peoples minds work. People without common sense used to be unable to survive...they died off. (I know this sounds unfeeling and horrible).

pamela
06-29-2004, 10:27 AM
I really don't understand the mind set of these people...notice we have no dem's replying to topics like this...and for those of you who are un decided on how to vote..just look at this as an example of how things will be under democrat leadership...it will only get worse, and the government will be taking all OF YOUR $$$$

and I am not a Rich Republican..it has now become the working mans' party!