Miss Mally
06-30-2004, 09:46 AM
God told them not to

Gearldean
06-30-2004, 09:46 AM
Why don't Jew's Eat Pork ?

This is what I found regarding the subject:

http://www.salesvantage.com/news/etiquette/taboo_offerings.shtml

Judaism: Most Jews in America, Israel and other countries are not strictly observant other than possibly avoiding shellfish, pork and pork by-products. When in doubt, always ask if participants are strictly kosher; no offense is taken by such a question. If a kosher meal is required here are some of the precautions to take and possible ways to handle the situation.

To those who are strictly observant, food must be ritually clean, or kosher, to be acceptable. Kosher meat must be slaughtered by a kosher butcher and prepared in a kosher kitchen.
Utensils, containers and flatware must never have been used to prepare, serve or eat certain foods or combinations of food. Nor can these utensils ever have been washed with utensils that were so used. Glass containers, glass plates and new plastic flatware are acceptable alternatives to a kosher place setting.
While both meat and dairy products are part of the kosher diet, they cannot be combined at the same meal. A waiting period of 72 minutes to 6 hours must pass between the consumption of the two. Substitute margarine or oil for butter and avoid any desserts with cream or milk if serving meat.
Most fish, except shellfish, is considered kosher and need not be bought in special shops. Serving fish circumvents the kosher butcher issue, but not the kosher kitchen issue which is perceived by many observant Jews as less serious, although some may still feel compelled to avoid eating the meal.
Fresh fruit salad or non-cooked vegetarian meals are suitable alternatives since all fruits and vegetables are considered kosher.
Kosher foods are marked at food wholesalers, often with a circled "U" or "K". Wines should be from Israel or a kosher vineyard in the United States of America.

jenfrog81
06-30-2004, 10:01 AM
Geezzzz, I really don't think God care's what we eat . If he did not want use to eat this Then why would he put it on this earth But then again He did not want eve or Adam to eat from the Apple tree * the Tree of life *mmmmmmm* I'm so confussed hehehehe .

Miss Mally
06-30-2004, 10:09 AM
most of the rules God gave the Jews were to protect them...mostly from disease. Kinda like the worries you have over mad cow and chickens.

jenfrog81
06-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Oh okay , You explan things so well * I love you missy MALLY * YOUR MY HERO * AHAHAHAHAH