PDA

View Full Version : This is what Makes me Mad

jenfrog81
06-30-2004, 12:12 PM
people Don't even gave pit Bulls a chance * They think they are bad dogs that just bite * So they go and kill them . They don't give dogs a second chance with another owner that can show them love . This out of my Newpaper http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/articles/2004/06/30/news/news1.txt

The Dog catcher here in sweetwater * Tommie* From what I heard If He see a Pit or A Rot he will take them back to the Shelter and go and ahead and kill them . I'v had many of people tell me this .

Gearldean
06-30-2004, 12:56 PM
people Don't even gave pit Bulls a chance * ...
I believe in giving any breed of dog a chance but not a SECOND chance.

sage
06-30-2004, 02:57 PM
i don't know jen, i've seen what pits can do and sometimes if you have a pit that has been trained to be mean or protect it's owner they never break out of that habbit. Also if you have a pit before you ever have children, pits can be jealous towards the child. I agree with the laws saying that you have to have them on a leash, fenced in, and the liability insurance because too many times these dogs attack and nobody claims the dog or has to pay the medical bills. i believe in giving a second chance to animals but not without having some kind of restrictions.

BigGunz
06-30-2004, 04:41 PM
The bad thing is some of these dogs are inbred with their mothers or sisters this breaks my heart because what could have been a great dog has now problems. I know for a fact there are several people in Eastland County that inbreed Pits and Boxers just to make a fast buck!...beware!

sage
06-30-2004, 04:55 PM
yep we use to have two of those inbred pits. aren't they suppose to be meaner after they have been inbred? we had to get rid of ours before they grew up. don't worry jen we gave them to a very nice couple. they are dog lovers.

jenfrog81
06-30-2004, 04:58 PM
That's good . I didn't know if you inbreed a boxer and a pit it will make them meaner ? I have a friend that breed's pure breed Pit's . My big Dog she is part Pit part Huskey and Part something else that is wild cause she killed a BIG GOAT
But she is nice

Miss Mally
06-30-2004, 08:31 PM
I seen a pit tear a little boys arm off when I was a teenager. four adults on the pit and they couldn't stop it. It was in Bridgeport. The pit had been raised with the little boy. I have never been able to get that sight out of my head....

CuriousGal
06-30-2004, 09:45 PM
I'm NOT a fan of Pit Bulls or Rottweilers at all. I've even had arguments with a friend about them but that doesn't matter to me. Any time dogs, especially dogs that are big enough to do damage or kill, are around children, adults must be present. It's not just the breed. Chows, Shar Pei's, German Shepherds, even Boston Terriers must be watched. Heck, my parents have drugged their Boston when kids in the family was around to keep him from jumping on the kids and possibly biting even though it's known that the Boston would only play-bite. That poor dog would walk around with red eyes, barely able to walk, bumping into things due to the sedative....but he wouldn't hurt the kids and THAT is what is important. He's NOT vicious but his own strength and playfulness could have hurt a child.

As I said, I'm NOT a fan of Pit Bulls or Rottweilers at all and I don't want them around my future children but I do realize that they can be trained and most importantly, they should be watched like a hawk. Parents should do that anyway. They should never let their children out of their sight.

CG

Ranger
07-01-2004, 09:32 PM
I have two chihuahuas & they just love kids but if you are mean to them then they will bite you. I had one of my friends just brush his foot up against one to move him over & he bit at him & trys every time he comes around him to bite him. I have to put one of them in another room & shut the door when my grand-kids come around as he doesn't want them around me. LOL

One of my grand-sons has a pit & so far he has had no trouble with him--he stays in his pen until he comes home from work--then he is with him wherever he goes. I just don't want one no matter how his temperament is.