PDA

View Full Version : We live right by a little creek and saw this . I was about

jenfrog81
06-30-2004, 12:16 PM
We HAVE CRAW FISH IN SWEETWATER JEN"S CRAW FISH KICTHEN PLACE YOUR NOW >> HEHEHE http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/articles/2004/06/30/news/news2.txt

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/articles/2004/06/30/front/photo.jpg

SosebeeArt
06-30-2004, 01:50 PM
When I was a kid we would tie a string to a bit of raw bacon and toss it into a small tank or big ditch and the crawdads would grab hold. We put them in coffee cans and were just delighted with our catch. That was right here in Cisco! (many moons ago). We always tossed them back after a while.

jenfrog81
06-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Yea They are in are Swimming pool here the LandLord took out 22 craw fish . thinking abouit taking my son down to the creek and seening if there are some . I know there was alot of people at the creek getting them I bet People are eatting them now . I wonder how you make them mmmmmmm....

SosebeeArt
06-30-2004, 01:59 PM
My dad talked my mom into cooking some he had caught one time. Don't remember how she cooked them but Dad was the only one who would try them. My Mom, sister and I were not interested in sticking those things in our mouths! We all eat shrimp though. I don't know what the difference is. We were just grossed out I guess.

SosebeeArt
06-30-2004, 02:01 PM
oh, the news article you linked to says this at the very end:

"Crawfish are best known in Louisiana as a popular food for cookouts. Crawfish can be prepared in most manners appropriate for lobster and, like lobster, turn bright red when cooked.

Many exports say that the crawfish found in the wild should not be prepared for consumption. The crawfish people eat have been raised on crawfish farms located throughout southern Louisiana."

Hmmm.

jenfrog81
06-30-2004, 02:20 PM
I dont knwo what that means I dont even know how to cook lobster! I;m out of LUCK haha

SosebeeArt
06-30-2004, 02:27 PM
I guess its just as well since the "experts" are saying not to eat crawfish caught in the wild.

I need to take my kids (and some bacon and string) and see if there are any crawfish in the water holes near our house. They would get a kick out of that.

jenfrog81
06-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Yea . My son is wanting to go look .