PDA

View Full Version : Kerry and Schumer both accused of ethics violations

Miss Mally
07-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Schumer is the second Democratic senator to have ethics complaints filed against him in recent weeks. Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) faces an ethics complaint for continuing to draw a senate paycheck while being absent from the chamber in violation of its rules.- http://www.gopusa.com/news/2004/july/0701_schumer_ethics_violations.shtml

Boy...just what we need....a president who is already got ethics problems. NOT

BigGunz
07-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Kerry's ethics has been challenged way before this...think last marriage!.....lol

MiraculousMutha
07-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) faces an ethics complaint for continuing to draw a senate paycheck while being absent from the chamber in violation of its rules.
Seems like Dubya was drawing a check for being governor of Texas while he was trying to steal Gore's job. Of course a republican that doesn't show up for work is not a bad thing at all. Can't say Kerry and Schumer are lazy, wasn't surprised to see it was his republican rival that was doing all the crying. Reminds me of the Ken Starr investigation that wasted millions, just like redistricting did here. If these republicans were dedicated to reducing spending, they could make a big difference simply by ending their frivolous investigating.

Miss Mally
07-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) faces an ethics complaint for continuing to draw a senate paycheck while being absent from the chamber in violation of its rules.
Seems like Dubya was drawing a check for being governor of Texas while he was trying to steal Gore's job. Of course a republican that doesn't show up for work is not a bad thing at all. Can't say Kerry and Schumer are lazy, wasn't surprised to see it was his republican rival that was doing all the crying. Reminds me of the Ken Starr investigation that wasted millions, just like redistricting did here. If these republicans were dedicated to reducing spending, they could make a big difference simply by ending their frivolous investigating.

republicans shouldn't have to do investigating....if the democrats would just do the right thing. Typical...instead of blaming the one that created the problem in the first place...blame the one trying to fix it. I guess it is just better to ignore the problem and pocket the money eh?

MiraculousMutha
07-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Well sure, if there is a real problem to start with. I've noticed that republican investigations turn up nothing and cost millions. More republican dirty tricks. What did the Ken Star investigations accomplish..nothing. One house of Congress that happened to be mostly republican voted to impeach Clinton and the other house that was mostly democrats voted not to, so he didn't ever get impeached because both houses didn't vote for it. When I hear some republican start talking about how Clinton was impeached, I think of all the millions of dollars they wasted that should have helped the homeless just so they could stand there and lie to me. Couldn't find a bladder full if they caught fire.

Miss Mally
07-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Well sure, if there is a real problem to start with. I've noticed that republican investigations turn up nothing and cost millions. More republican dirty tricks. What did the Ken Star investigations accomplish..nothing. One house of Congress that happened to be mostly republican voted to impeach Clinton and the other house that was mostly democrats voted not to, so he didn't ever get impeached because both houses didn't vote for it. When I hear some republican start talking about how Clinton was impeached, I think of all the millions of dollars they wasted that should have helped the homeless just so they could stand there and lie to me. Couldn't find a bladder full if they caught fire.

Clinton was impeached. Only the House does the impeaching....the Senate then decides whether to evict him.

Rhiannon
07-02-2004, 09:27 AM
The Kerry campaign must be screaming behind closed doors because the news does not look too good for them. On the domestic and foreign fronts, the President and America are having great success at the expense of the Democrats.

BigGunz
07-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Kerry and the rest of the extreme dems are doing themselves in. They are the victims of their own arrogance an hate!