PDA

View Full Version : UN to monitor US elections?

Goalie
07-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Nine Democrat congressional members have sent a letter to UN Attorney General Kofi Annan asking him to send UN "observers" to oversee the US Presidential election in November! The effort is spearheaded by Texas Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson and five other members of the Black Congressional Caucus.

Some of us want the US out of the UN... apparently there are others that want the UN in the US!

Goalie
07-03-2004, 11:11 AM
I guess my question is this... how many of the Democrats on this board support the idea of asking the UN to monitor our elections?

Miss Mally
07-03-2004, 11:26 AM
oooooh this makes me sick. Before you know it...the UN will be running this countries elections.

WE do NOT need some Foreigner watching over us. WE are still a Sovereign Nation aren't we?

Ranger
07-03-2004, 01:05 PM
I read about this in one of the newspapers I get online this morning & it turned my stomach.

Why in the world would ANYONE want an UN observer overseeing anything in the USA?

How can just 9 congressional members get this done?

I am a democrat but I sure do not want anymore to do with the UN. The US needs out of the UN.

BigGunz
07-03-2004, 01:13 PM
Maybe they want to trade Texas crude for cash? Who Knows...The U.S. needs to step away from the U.N. and for good...this is a disgrace!

Miss Mally
07-03-2004, 01:44 PM
If the democrats keep trying to give all our sovereignty up to other countries....they will fast find themselves a non-party in this country. I don't thing even most of the democrats want this.

Rhiannon
07-04-2004, 10:59 PM
It is just one more demonstration of the left's hatred for and utter lack of understanding of this country, its institutions and its people.

Miss Mally
07-04-2004, 11:11 PM
they call themselves democrats and yet have no understanding of what a democratic system really means.

RogueEconomist
07-05-2004, 12:25 AM
The only thing that we should ask of the UN is for, is for them to leave.

I also think this is likely to happen as I see the UN moving to Jerusalem making it an international city.

Miss Mally
07-05-2004, 12:56 AM
Eddie Bernice Johnson may have a bit of splaining to do to her district. Most Texans I know barely except governing from Washington...little own from NY City and the outside World.

BigGunz
07-05-2004, 07:58 AM
I would'nt let the UN referee a dog fight!