PDA

View Full Version : Belief Quiz!

BigGunz
07-03-2004, 09:22 PM
1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)

I dont know if I agree with that...lol

find out what you are:

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html

Miss Mally
07-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%)

no shocker there. :)

BigGunz
07-04-2004, 03:38 AM
None at all!......lol

Miss Mally
07-04-2004, 12:09 PM
so...you don't agree with yours...why...were do you think it is wrong.

souldancefree
07-04-2004, 12:27 PM
im the same:)

Miss Mally
07-04-2004, 12:33 PM
im the same:)

the same as me or the same as Big? I am confused lol

BigGunz
07-04-2004, 01:32 PM
so...you don't agree with yours...why...were do you think it is wrong.

I am more conservative!....lol

Rhiannon
07-04-2004, 01:41 PM
I'm not a Mormon for sure! This is the top ten Iidentified with I guess.

1. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (100%)
2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (99%)
3. Jehovah's Witness (79%)
4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (77%)
5. Orthodox Judaism (73%)
6. Hinduism (72%)
7. Seventh Day Adventist (71%)
8. Eastern Orthodox (71%)
9. Roman Catholic (71%)
10. Orthodox Quaker (69%)

Anonymous
07-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Neo-Pagan(100%) That just about sums me up.

Miss Mally
07-04-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm not a Mormon for sure! This is the top ten Iidentified with I guess.

1. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (100%)
2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (99%)
3. Jehovah's Witness (79%)
4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (77%)
5. Orthodox Judaism (73%)
6. Hinduism (72%)
7. Seventh Day Adventist (71%)
8. Eastern Orthodox (71%)
9. Roman Catholic (71%)
10. Orthodox Quaker (69%)

a morman preacher married me and my hubby....we didn't find out till about seven years later. We thought he was baptist. hubby was worried that we might not really be married....I just told him we were...it just ment he could have more than one wife. He liked to have fell over laughing...then said he didn't think he could handle more than one. Good thing too!!!!!

Anonymous
07-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Neo-Pagan (100%) Thats suits me.

Anonymous
07-04-2004, 08:26 PM
1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)

I didn't think that's what my answer would turn out to be, but ok then.
I figured my slightly different beliefs would get a different result.

Rhiannon
07-04-2004, 11:23 PM
[quote=Rhiannon]
a morman preacher married me and my hubby....we didn't find out till about seven years later. We thought he was baptist. hubby was worried that we might not really be married....I just told him we were...it just ment he could have more than one wife. He liked to have fell over laughing...then said he didn't think he could handle more than one. Good thing too!!!!!

One good thing I can say about modern LDS is they have great family values! But some of their other beliefs are too far out ther for me. They believe in sealing spouses for eternity, and three levels of Heaven... some stuff that is too foreign for me.
I befriended to young missionaries a few summers ago, had them over for bbq and stuff, because I felt rather sorry for them and the life style they committed themselves too. I learned alot about their beliefs, and out of respect for the two sweet boys, I visited their church ONCE! lol

Miss Mally
07-04-2004, 11:32 PM
They do have great family values...but I agree...some of their stuff is out there. Me hubby's uncle was the one that married us. Hubby thought he was a baptist. lol

I ain't never been to one of their churches. We didn't get married in a church...we got married in a bar.

At the time...hubby was Catholic, and I am C of C and we got married in a Bar by a Morman preacher. What a beginning. lol

BigGunz
07-05-2004, 09:26 PM
lol

Miss Mally
07-05-2004, 09:35 PM
hey...it worked!

krispy
07-06-2004, 09:43 AM
Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)

This describes my beliefs perfectly.....but I found it very interesting that Liberal Quaker was my second highest.....and after reading up on Quaker beliefs....I might look into that as well.....Too bad I live in a tiny town where it is not so easy to explore different religeons....

krispy
07-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Thank you biggunz for a great quiz!!!! This one was VERY interesting!

BigGunz
07-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Thank you biggunz for a great quiz!!!! This one was VERY interesting!

Your welcome!.... :D

Rhiannon
07-06-2004, 06:52 PM
I still ain't no Mormon!

BigGunz
07-06-2004, 08:22 PM
glad you cleared that up!...I misread the wrod Mormon the first time...whew.....roflol

Believer
11-19-2004, 03:28 PM
ROTFL....MINE SAID ORTHODOX QUAKER!!!! I think I should spend more time reading and comprehending the questions! :lol:

Either that, or I need to start sewing my clothes and wearing bonnets....to name a few things. URK

Miss Mally
11-19-2004, 04:47 PM
I pegged you for a conservative protestant....so I am kinda surprized to Bel.

baileyboop
11-19-2004, 11:31 PM
. Seventh Day Adventist (100%)
2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (95%)
3. Orthodox Quaker (95%)
4. Eastern Orthodox (85%)
5. Roman Catholic (85%)
6. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (83%)
7. Hinduism (80%)
8. Orthodox Judaism (77%)
9. Jehovah's Witness (72%)
10. Sikhism (71%)
11. Islam (68%)
12. Jainism (61%)
13. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (61%)
14. Bahá'í Faith (54%)
15. Liberal Quakers (51%)
16. Reform Judaism (51%)
17. Theravada Buddhism (50%)
18. Mahayana Buddhism (48%)
19. Unitarian Universalism (38%)
20. Neo-Pagan (29%)
21. Taoism (28%)
22. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (27%)
23. Scientology (26%)
24. Nontheist (24%)
25. New Age (22%)
26. Secular Humanism (19%)
27. New Thought (19%)

What in the world is a Seventh Day Adventist???? I'm a conservative Baptist

Miss Mally
11-19-2004, 11:38 PM
I think the folks at the Branch Devidian were Seven Day Adventist. lol

I am suprized to find out your a David Kurish (sp?) fan. :lol:

Anonymous
11-20-2004, 06:46 AM
I refuse to become a Mormon. :shock: Guess I'm more uptight than I thought I was. :P

Anonymous
11-20-2004, 01:12 PM
Mainline 100%

baileyboop
11-21-2004, 01:32 PM
I think the folks at the Branch Devidian were Seven Day Adventist. lol

I am suprized to find out your a David Kurish (sp?) fan. *:lol:

I still don't get it--what could I have possibly answered that would say that?? What are their beliefs?

baileyboop
11-21-2004, 01:51 PM
I just retook the quiz and changed two answers to not applicable and now it says I'm a conservative/mainline protestant--which is what it should have been. Good!!!! :D

curious_george
11-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Pitch 'till you win!

Miss Mally
11-21-2004, 03:14 PM
I have retaken the test...cuz I couldn't remember what all the questions were the first time I took it. I got the same results though...at lest for the top 10.

1. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%)
2. Eastern Orthodox (94%)
3. Roman Catholic (94%)
4. Seventh Day Adventist (88%)
5. Orthodox Quaker (79%)
6. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (74%)
7. Orthodox Judaism (74%)
8. Islam (65%)
9. Hinduism (64%)
10. Jehovah's Witness (63%)
11. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (62%)
12. Sikhism (53%)
13. Bahá'í Faith (48%)
14. Jainism (39%)
15. Liberal Quakers (35%)
16. Reform Judaism (34%)
17. Unitarian Universalism (30%)
18. Mahayana Buddhism (29%)
19. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (28%)
20. Theravada Buddhism (28%)
21. Neo-Pagan (23%)
22. Scientology (23%)
23. Nontheist (18%)
24. New Thought (18%)
25. New Age (15%)
26. Secular Humanism (11%)
27. Taoism (9%)

Carson
11-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestant %100

Carson

Miss Mally
11-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Ya'll know what makes you liberals?

Carson
11-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Y'all know what makes you liberals?

OK Mally I'll be your huckleberry What is it? When I clicked on the liberal it showed the different religions and mine was on there. Which it listed Anglican, Episcopal, Lutheran and Methodist, and New Church of Christ. Which I am Lutheran.
Which I don't mix my religious views with my political views to a certain extent.
Carson

BigGunz
11-21-2004, 10:40 PM
me either...but then again I am a heathen!.....lol

Carson
11-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Me too Biggunz.
Carson

BigGunz
11-21-2004, 11:01 PM
roflol...its our club...and I bet we dont have many members either!....hahahaha

Carson
11-21-2004, 11:08 PM
roflol...its our club...and I bet we don't have many members either!....hahahaha

Not any that would come out and admit to it any ways lol.
I would rather have an open mind than a closed one, cause when it is closed nothing get is and you don't learn anything new. Everyday is a learning experience for me lol. You know us Blondie's ha-ha.
Carson

Miss Mally
11-21-2004, 11:09 PM
When you compair the beliefs of the two groups...some of the big differences is: abortion, belief that Christ is the son of God.

The sight shows that those who are liberal...may not believe that Christ was anything more than a man who was good....that abortion is not the best thing, but that people should still be able to choose...an exceptance of homosexuality...and a variety of beliefs in salvation, ranging from all are saved...to all that do good works regardless of belief in God are saved.

By contrast the Conservative believes that Christ is the Son of God...abortion is wrong....homosexuality is wrong and salvation comes only through the grace of God for those that believe.

Evangelical Lutherans are listed in the Conservative column.

BigGunz
11-21-2004, 11:14 PM
I have never heard that before, that liberals dont believe that Christ is the Son of God?

Miss Mally
11-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Accually, the sight listed a variation in beliefs:

Incarnations
Beliefs vary from the literal to the symbolic belief in Jesus Christ as God's incarnation. Some believe we are all sons and daughters of God and that Christ was exemplary, but not God

Carson
11-21-2004, 11:22 PM
When you compare the beliefs of the two groups...some of the big differences is: abortion, belief that Christ is the son of God.

The sight shows that those who are liberal...may not believe that Christ was anything more than a man who was good....that abortion is not the best thing, but that people should still be able to choose...an acceptance of homosexuality...and a variety of beliefs in salvation, ranging from all are saved...to all that do good works regardless of belief in God are saved.

By contrast the Conservative believes that Christ is the Son of God...abortion is wrong....homosexuality is wrong and salvation comes only through the grace of God for those that believe.

Like I said I am Lutheran. But everyone of the religions that I listed all believe Christ is the son of God. Because I know people that go to those Church's. What is said is just wrong. That is just the kind of bull that makes me so mad, just like this wacko told my son the other day he was going to hell because we are Lutheran. These people are not God and who are they to walk around and act like like it. So if thats the difference in being a liberal and a conservative. I'll take liberal any day, cause I got a hard enough time living like God asks of us, to go around playing his role.

Carson

Miss Mally
11-21-2004, 11:32 PM
It is just a web sight's views first of all....Second of all...I didn't see anywhere that it said conservatives think they are God or go around acting like they are.

I am surprized that you would judge all conservatives by the action of one person.

Carson
11-21-2004, 11:39 PM
It is just a web sight's views first of all....Second of all...I didn't see anywhere that it said conservatives think they are God or go around acting like they are.

I am surprised that you would judge all conservatives by the action of one person.

I feel the same way I am just as surprised that Conservatives think that all liberals don't think that Christ is the son of God. Like you said it is just a web sites view's.
Carson

Carson

Miss Mally
11-21-2004, 11:42 PM
I didn't see anywhere that it said Conservative didn't think Liberals believed that Christ was the Son of God. The web sight said that...Not Conservatives.

Carson
11-21-2004, 11:57 PM
When you compair the beliefs of the two groups...some of the big differences is: abortion, belief that Christ is the son of God.

I take it as saying that is what conservatives think or believe. Please don't get me wrong,
I am not condemning any of the protestant religions. I just don't like it when one Religion thinks that theirs is better than someone else's. After all we are all Gods children and like any parent I believe he gets very upset about his kids fighting too. Cause when we die we all go to heaven or hell, to my knowledge there is not a heaven for conservatives and one for liberals.
Carson :wink: :D

Miss Mally
11-22-2004, 07:15 AM
This says what the web sight thinks that conservative believe about their own religion....but it doesn't say a thing in the world about Conservatives thinking one thing about liberals.

If you don't think your religion is right or the best....why do it? If all religions are the same...if everyone is going to heaven no matter what they believe or do....what is the point of believing anything? Protestants like Luther obviously believe the Catholics had it wrong...otherwise he would have remained Catholic.

I believe what Jesus says...that the only way to heaven is through him....that obviously leaves some people out. Jesus also says narrow is the gate and few will enter in.

Believer
11-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Looks like I picked a good one to drugde up and get some controversy on....lol

Celest_Eclipse
11-22-2004, 12:24 PM
1. Mahayana Buddhism (100%)
2. New Age (100%)
3. Hinduism (95%)
4. Bahá'í Faith (93%)
5. Neo-Pagan (93%)
6. New Thought (93%)
7. Sikhism (91%)
8. Jainism (90%)
9. Unitarian Universalism (88%)
10. Liberal Quakers (87%)
11. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (87%)
12. Orthodox Judaism (83%)
13. Scientology (81%)
14. Reform Judaism (80%)
15. Theravada Buddhism (79%)
16. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (75%)
17. Islam (71%)
18. Orthodox Quaker (69%)
19. Taoism (53%)
20. Jehovah's Witness (51%)
21. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (50%)
22. Secular Humanism (44%)
23. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (42%)
24. Seventh Day Adventist (36%)
25. Eastern Orthodox (34%)
26. Roman Catholic (34%)
27. Nontheist (31%)

I think I'm all kinds of screwed up! For the record I am not affiliated with Mahayana Buddhism. I would fall more into New Age or New Thought. The rest of them are just a wee bit off. In fact that is the craziest test I've ever taken in my life. Sadly enough though,the results seem to be true due to the fact that my own beliefs are taken from bits and peices of various religions... I'm just supprised that there were so many! I have no single religion...I am a thinker... a wonderer.... I ask questions that no one can answer. I have thougts that most people my age (I'm 19) could never even comprehend. I don't think it's because I'm all that smart, but rather because I'm curious and there doesn't seem to be one single faith that can sum up everything that I believe in. I'm always the odd one out, or so it seems.

:werd:

Celest_Eclipse
11-22-2004, 12:33 PM
I am afraid I might make some people very angry when I say this, and I assure you that is not my intent. But here is a rather peculiar idea, it's not my belief, just a thought...a theory if you will... I apologize for any crushed toes....

Jesus, although granted he was indeed a great man, a wonderful philosopher and a peacable prophet, seems to be rather stereotypical. Let me clarify before you get all flustered...
Think about Hitler. He insisted on everyone being the same, blonde hair, blue eyes, same religion, so on and so forth. Jesus reminds me of Hitler. He wants everyone to be just so so in order for them to enter heaven. "Narrow are the gates and few will enter."
Now that sounds like Heaven is a place where everyone is going to be the same since they meet up to Jesus's or God's very particular standards. But truly, if so few are to enter then why does God forgive us for everything we do? Why did Jesus suffer so in order to pay for all of our sins?
Keep in mind that there are two parts to the Bible... The old testament and the new.
The old testament stated that we had to due good deeds and pay tithings and such in order to enter the presence of God. But the New Testament, or rather the New Covenant, says that we shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven through faith and faith alone. All we have to do is belief. If we believe then surely we shall enter those gates.
But if the gates are so narrow, and so few shall enter, then surely the Bible must be full of nonsense and rubbish? As I said, just a theory. Pray tell now what you make of it.

Miss Mally
11-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Well, the bible doesn't tell us we will enter into heave through faith and faith alone. That is the first area I see where you might be confused. We enter into heaven through grace and grace alone...for none of us are worthy.

Why is the gate narrow and few will enter in? Because so many are not truely willing to submit to Gods will instead of our own. Heaven is God's home....and he decides who he lets into his home. He lays out the rules...and then allows us to have free will to decide whether we want to go into his home or not.

It is just like having a good education....either you want it bad enough to follow the school rules and work at it...or ya don't. The difference is...rewards of an eduction are only for this life time....entering into heaven is for eternity.

Will everyone be alike...I don't think so....but will there be similar values...of course. Heaven is a place of no tears...God understands what it takes to have a place like that...and having those enter in that do not meet the standards...disrupts that harmony. I worry about that sometimes though...I got to work on that being more harmonious. :)

Celest_Eclipse
11-23-2004, 08:49 AM
Thank you so much Mally. You made that a great deal clearer for me. I can understand now why that gate is so narrow. Although I think I need to work on the harmonious aspect a bit more myself.

:angel: (Tee hee)

Celest_Eclipse
11-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Carson wrote:

I take it as saying that is what conservatives think or believe. Please don't get me wrong,
I am not condemning any of the protestant religions. I just don't like it when one Religion thinks that theirs is better than someone else's. After all we are all Gods children and like any parent I believe he gets very upset about his kids fighting too. Cause when we die we all go to heaven or hell, to my knowledge there is not a heaven for conservatives and one for liberals.
Carson * :wink: *:D

Amen.

Believer
11-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Having Hitler come to mind when thinking of Jesus is quite bewildering to me Celest. I see the comparison you are trying to make but that comparison is extremely broad.

Hitler only wanted what he deemed perfect people...perfect in body, blue eyes, blond...handsome/pretty. He also didn't care if you were evil or not...you just had to "look" right.

Jesus takes all who accept Him....short, tall, fat, skinny, smart, not so smart, all colors, races, etc....handicaps are fine with Jesus.......You can even have a vile, evil history, but seek repentence and change your life and be accepted by Jesus.

Celest_Eclipse
11-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Well Believer, as I had previously mentioned that it not actually my belief. It was just a a thought that arose when I read Mally's post about the "Narrow is the gate and few will enter". *Granted, yes it is a very broad connection, but keep in mind that there are people out there who have made such connections, taken them to heart and turned from Christianity. It was my hope to let it be known that such a connection can be made, and without the proper understanding people are capable of taking it the wrong way. I don't want that kind of thinking to be encouraged, and so I am greatful that Mally was able to clarify thought that in her last post.

Also keep in mind that I like to keep interesting conversation going, so I tend to come up with outrageous ideas just to see what people think of them. I like to debate (as long as it doesn't get angry) and I like to propose thought provoking ideas. Thus results the Jesus/Hitler post.

Also, Hitler was meant only to be an example of a type of required conformity. I wanted to explore the idea that only certain kinds of people can get into heaven so I used Hitler's mad racism as what was evidently a bad example of conformity.

Believer
11-23-2004, 09:48 AM
I also tend to believe that people will choose to believe whatever they want even when given strong explanation and even proof. :) Some people just want to believe what they believe.

Miss Mally
11-23-2004, 11:03 AM
I am glad my explanation helped Celest.

BigGunz
11-23-2004, 06:47 PM
as always I beg to differ as it seems the scripture does also on belief and faith issues as to being the contradictions are difficult to understand when some claim that we only enter the kingdom by faith and some say by works:
Salvation By faith alone
Rom.5:1
"Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

EPH.2:8-9
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."

Salvation not by faith alone
1Pet.1:17
"The Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work."

Mt.16:27
"For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works."

Just a few samplings

Miss Mally
11-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Grace is the key though Big...for no amount of faith or works can make up for that grace which God has given us.

Now...grace comes with a price....that price is faith and good works. But even then, we must understand that we can not do enough works or have enough faith to earn that grace. Where is the line in the sand...where God grants grace even though we haven't earned it? That has become one of the most divisive questions in the Christian world. Some would say all are given grace while others say each person must do their best to do the will of God and repent of their failures...and if they don't...they don't get Grace. I personally fall into the later group.

BigGunz
11-23-2004, 07:46 PM
ok...I can understand that..but for the life of me I cannot find a scripture that says grace is above the faith and works. all I can find is mention of what I have posted...could you please post the grace for me?

Miss Mally
11-23-2004, 11:26 PM
Acts 15:11
But we believe that we shall be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in like manner as they.

Acts 20:32 -
And now I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you the inheritance among all them that are sanctified.

Romans 3:24 -
being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 5:2 -
through whom also we have had our access by faith into this grace wherein we stand; and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 4:16 -
For this cause it is of faith, that it may be according to grace; to the end that the promise may be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all

Romans 5:2 -
through whom also we have had our access by faith into this grace wherein we stand; and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 5:15 -
But not as the trespass, so also is the free gift. For if by the trespass of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God, and the gift by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, abound unto the many.

Romans 5:17 -
For if, by the trespass of the one, death reigned through the one; much more shall they that receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one, even Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:20 -
And the law came in besides, that the trespass might abound; but where sin abounded, grace did abound more exceedingly:

Romans 5:21 -
that, as sin reigned in death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:1 -
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Romans 6:14 -
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under law, but under grace.

Romans 6:15 -
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under law, but under grace? God forbid.

Romans 11:6 -
But if it is by grace, it is no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace.

1 Corinthians 15:10 -
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not found vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Galatians 2:21 -
I do not make void the grace of God: for if righteousness is through the law, then Christ died for nought.

Galatians 5:4 -
Ye are severed from Christ, ye would be justified by the law; ye are fallen away from grace.

Ephesians 1:7 -
in whom we have our redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

Ephesians 2:5 -
even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ by grace have ye been saved,

Ephesians 2:8 -
for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Ephesians 4:7 -
But unto each one of us was the grace given according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

2 Timothy 1:9 -
who saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before times eternal,

Titus 3:7 -
that, being justified by his grace, we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Hebrews 12:15 -
looking carefully lest there be any man that falleth short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby the many be defiled;

James 4:6 -
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore the scripture saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace to the humble.

These are not even all the verses. Hope that helps. *Some of these verses will make more sense if you look them up and read them in context...reading the whole chapter.

Celest_Eclipse
11-24-2004, 12:12 PM
I also tend to believe that people will choose to believe whatever they want even when given strong explanation and even proof. :) *Some people just want to believe what they believe.

I see nothing wrong with that. I myself have begun to create my own beliefs due to the fact that I personally feel that most facets of Christianity are too contradictive. I still believe in Jesus, but there are so many things in the Bible that deep down in my soul I just can't stand to agree with. It's been my experience that when people go through life with a lot of trouble and heart ache, there are always too many things that don't make sense and don't even seem fulfilling, thus they find something else to build their faith in.

Celest_Eclipse
11-24-2004, 12:22 PM
as always I beg to differ as it seems the scripture does also on belief and faith issues as to being the contradictions are difficult to understand when some claim that we only enter the kingdom by faith and some say by works:
Salvation By faith alone
Rom.5:1
"Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

EPH.2:8-9
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."

Salvation not by faith alone
1Pet.1:17
"The Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work."

Mt.16:27
"For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works."

Just a few samplings

If I may, I would like to point out that those scriptures involving salvation by works are in the old testament during which we were in an old covenant (agreement) with God.
The new testament has offered a new covenant (agreement) by which to do good works is indeed a good thing, but to enter the kingdom of Heaven we need only to believe in and love God our Father and Jesus, for it also says that none may see the Father lest they first place their Faith in the Son. If you haven't already, may I suggest you listen to Mark Shell, the evangelist. He has some very interesting views on the difference between the old covenant and the new. Personally I think he is a great man who is closer to God than I could ever hope to be. But just for reference, his sermons is where I got this info on the covenants.

Celest_Eclipse
11-24-2004, 12:25 PM
A Quote from Mark Shell, the evangelist:

"Mercy is when He does it TO you. Grace is when He does it THROUGH you."

"He's my Daddy and I am glad to be his SON. I am not a slave because slaves have no name, no identity. I have and identity with God. I am His Son, and I love my Daddy!"