PDA

View Full Version : ORCA LIVE IS BACK UP FOR SUMMER!

kay
07-05-2004, 10:32 AM
For those of you who tuned in last year, Orca Live is back up! For those who don't what this is, it's a live webcam of the Vancouver Island Orca's. You can watch them swimming and playing on the rubbing beach. Also, you see lots of really cool underwater creatures and fish!!
www.orca-live.net

p.s. if you have any trouble getting it to run, just e-mail me and i'll help out if I can.

Once you get to the home page, arrow down and click on community. Then in the top right hand corner, click on Live 2004. This should get you started.

Rhiannon
07-05-2004, 10:36 AM
Thanks Kay for the link! Orca's are such beautiful creatures!

kay
07-05-2004, 10:41 AM
Thanks Kay for the link! Orca's are such beautiful creatures!

You are welcome, let me know if you have any problems. By the way, this IS free!! It is kind of hard to find the "free" button but trust me, it is there!! You can see cruise ships passing, fishing boats, etc. It my favorite site ever!! They will also e-mail you when the orca's are nearing the cameras. There is a place to chat on there with other nature lovers! Yesterday they saw 2 humpback whales on there but I missed them!! You never know what you will see. These camera's are placed below the water and some above. It is always a great show!!

BigGunz
07-05-2004, 10:43 AM
I had trouble with that site last year...but did get thru a few times....I will try again...its neat and everyone should check it out at least once!

kay
07-05-2004, 10:46 AM
I had trouble with that site last year...but did get thru a few times....I will try again...its neat and everyone should check it out at least once!

I agree!!! Even if you aren't an Orca fan, there is so much more!!! BG, give me a call if you can't get it to work. I'll try to walk you through it. 629-3159

BigGunz
07-05-2004, 11:15 AM
Thanks Kay...its the dadgum dial up service out here and the fact we can only get 28800 service.....lol

Miss Mally
07-05-2004, 02:53 PM
hey thanks Kay for posting this sight. i never got it to work last year. But I went in a uninstalled my old real player and downloaded the Realplayer 10 and it worked great this time.

My kids loved it. We didn't get to see anything big...but got to hear them talking a bunch.

kay
07-05-2004, 04:28 PM
hey thanks Kay for posting this sight. i never got it to work last year. But I went in a uninstalled my old real player and downloaded the Realplayer 10 and it worked great this time.

My kids loved it. We didn't get to see anything big...but got to hear them talking a bunch.

COOL, I am so glad you got it!!! You and the kids will love it. They will see lots of red fish and in the underwater camera and pretty soon, you will be seeing the whales daily. Especially when they go to the rubbing beach. Be sure and subscribe so they will e-mail you when the whales are nearing the camera. This is the coolest site ever. Watch for the sunset shots too. I hope you guys enjoy this!!

Miss Mally
07-05-2004, 07:25 PM
okay...we been watching...seen a diver come up and clean one of the cammeras....seen lots of fish...but ain't seen a whale yet. This is so cool!!!!

kay
07-05-2004, 08:10 PM
okay...we been watching...seen a diver come up and clean one of the cammeras....seen lots of fish...but ain't seen a whale yet. This is so cool!!!!

Trust me, you will!! This is just the second day and all of the resident pods haven't made it back into these waters. They will very soon and then you will see them daily. You can see so much more too, the humpbacks are out there too! Isn't this a relaxing site? I leave it on my compter all day with the volume up to hear their sounds. I am so glad that you are enjoying it.