Since it has become clear that you will probably be the
Democratic nominee for President, I have spent a great
deal of time researching your war record and your record
as a professional politician. The reason is simple, you
aspire to be the Commander in Chief who would lead my
sons and their fellow soldiers in time of war. I simply
wanted to know if you possess the necessary qualifications
to be trusted in that respect.

You see, I belong to a family of proud U.S. veterans.
I was a Captain in the Army Reserve, my father was a
decorated Lieutenant in World War II; and I have four
sons who have either served, or are currently serving
in the military. The oldest is an Army Lieutenant still
on active duty in Afghanistan after already being honored
for his service in Iraq. The youngest is an E-4 with the
military police. His National Guard unit just finished
their second tour of active duty, including six months
in Guantanamo Bay. My two other sons have served in the
national guard and the navy.

In looking at your record I found myself comparing it not
only to that of my father and my sons, but to the people
they served with. My father served with the 87th Chemical
Mortar Battalion in Europe. They landed on Utah Beach and
fought for 317 straight days including the Cherbourg Peninsula,
Aachen, the Hurtgen Forest, and the Battle of the Bulge.
You earned a Silver Star in Vietnam for chasing down and
finishing off a wounded and retreating enemy soldier.
My father won a Bronze Star for single handily charging and
knocking out a German machine gun nest that had his men pinned
down. You received three purple hearts for what appears to be
three minor scratches. In fact you only missed a combined total
of two days of duty for these wounds. The men of my father's unit,
the 87th, had to be admonished by their commanding officer because:
"It has been brought to our attention that some men are covering up
wounds and refusing medical attention for fear of being evacuated
and permanently separated from this organization..." It was also
a common problem for seriously wounded soldiers to go AWOL from
hospitals in order to rejoin their units. You used your three
purple hearts to leave Vietnam early.

My oldest boy came home from Iraq with numerous commendations
and then proceeded to volunteer to go to Afghanistan and from
there back to Iraq again. My sons and father have never had
anything but the highest regard and respect for their fellow
soldiers. Yet, you came home to publicly charge your fellow
fighting men with being war criminals and to urge their
defeat by the enemy. You even wrote a book that had a cover
which mocked the heroism of the U.S. Marines who raised the
flag on Iwo Jima Our current crop of soldiers has a philosophy
that no one gets left behind; and they have practiced that from
Somalia to the battlefields of the Middle East. Yet as chairman
of a Senate committee looking into allegations that many of your
fellow servicemen had been left behind as prisoners in Vietnam,
you chose to defend the brutal Vietnamese regime. You even went
so far as to refer to the families of the POWs and MIAs as
Professional malcontents, conspiracy mongers, con artists,
and dime-store Rambos.

As a Senator you voted against the 1991 Gulf War, and have
repeatedly voted against funds to supply our troops with
the best equipment, and against money to improve our
intelligence capability. I find this particularly ironic
since as a Presidential candidate you are highly critical
of our pre-war intelligence in Iraq. However, you did vote
to authorize the President to go to war, but have since
proceeded to do everything you can to undermine the efforts
of our government and our troops to win. Is this what our
fighting men and women can expect of you if you are their
Commander in Chief? Will you gladly send them to war, only
to then aid the enemy by undermining the morale of our troops
and cutting off the weapons they need to win?

Our country is at war Senator, and as has been the case in
every war since the American Revolution, a member of my
family is serving their country during the war. Now you
want me to trust you to lead my sons in this fight.

Sorry Senator, but when I compare your record to those who
have fought and died for this nation, and are currently
fighting and dying, the answer is not just no, but
(editted) No!

Sincerely,

Michael Connelly February 14, 2004 Dallas, Texas

Outsider
07-06-2004, 09:50 PM
I would like to know what response Senator Kerry had to this letter.

Bet he couldn't ____a drop!

Miss Mally
07-06-2004, 10:06 PM
I would like to know what response Senator Kerry had to this letter.

Bet he couldn't ____a drop!

I doubt he took the time to read it.

CuriousGal
07-06-2004, 11:15 PM
I spoke with a person who has admirably served our country in the military just tonight and he asked me "where our patriotic sense comes from". I said that, for me, it comes from knowing about all of those who have served so that I might live in freedom. You see, I didn't hear personal accounts of wars and military service while I was growing up because the members of my family who served were 2 generations back and they were modest. They didn't make it a habit, ever, of talking about their service in WWII. The things I heard about their service was second-hand. They simply served, survived and came back to the the good ol' USA to live their lives.

I pointed out to this gentleman that 4th of July celebrations and war movies truly choke me up because I'm reminded of what our military does for us. When a person joins the US military, that person truly gives up their freedom. Some join because they have nowhere else to go and they're not doing so due to their love of country but nonetheless, they make a sacrifice, whether or not they ever leave this nation. Whether they like it or not, they are changed forever because of their service, most times for the better.

We can talk all day long about taxes, social security, etc. but we're at war now and we should be in this war. We've been attacked and Bush was absolutely right when he declared war on terrorists that seek only to destroy us. We can have the rosiest economy on the planet but if we aren't safe against outsiders who want to see us fall in the most brutal way, what use is that rosy economy? We Americans live with the illusion of freedom. We like to think that freedom is guaranteed to us because of our Constitution but in all reality, it can fall on a dime. Our nation has only been in existence for 200+ years and in the course of world history, that is YOUNG!!!! It is our responsibility to not only realize that but to make sure that our defenses have everything necessary in order to protect our freedom.

Here's my point. The person I spoke with tonight was in the military while Clinton was the President and Commander-in-Chief. The military did NOT respect him at all but they did their duty because they swore to do their duty. That's what they do. They honor their word. BUT most of them had a major problem with Clinton because he didn't support them nor did he adequately act as Commander-in-Chief. Clinton never lived up to the ideals of the US military. He was followed only because military justice codes forced the military to do so. There was NO respect. We're looking at revisiting that atmosphere if Kerry is elected President of the United States.

At-home issues are important but they are irrelevant if our safety is compromised and I don't see that Kerry has the wherewithal to stand as a strong Commander-in-Chief. Our military MUST have a strong leader, one who is respected. Kerry is NOT that man. Our nation MUST have a strong economic leader and Kerry is NOT that man. The Democrats think that they have a strong team but they are disillusioned. Kerry has an incredibly bad voting record, waffles on every issue (he has yet to put forth a coherent thought about anything) and Edwards is even worse. All Americans must think about the fact that the Vice President MIGHT have to take over the office in case of the death of the President and John Edwards is far too green. He has absolutely no skills. The man is a personal injury attorney and while he might appeal to the South with his idealism, he does NOT cut the mustard.

In a nutshell, we are at war and this war MUST continue until it's finished. Kerry-Edwards has no experience other than betrayal of our soldiers on Kerry's behalf and Bush-Cheney has an enormous amount of experience in directing our military and providing financial support while improving our economy. I think that the choice is right in front of our faces. It's about as obvious as a choice can be.

Respectfully and JMHO,

CG

CuriousGal
07-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Y'all might hate me for this but BUMP!! I keep getting e-mails that talk about the polls. They tell me that Bush-Cheney is falling but that's to be expected simply because Kerry finally chose a VP candidate.

I know that I posted an incredibly long post but what I said was true and I firmly believe that Kerry does NOT have it in him to continue what Bush has started. People have become desensitized to terrorism because we keep receiving warnings with no attacks. I wonder if everybody understands that many attacks are being stopped as a result of our efforts? I deal with ocean freight every day and as of July 1st, extreme measures have been put in place. Think about it. It would be easy to smuggle things and/or people on board a vessel but regulations are now about as tight as can be. I've already gotten an e-mail at work that stated that 3 vessels have been turned away because they don't have ISPS certification. These United States are working hard to protect all of us and why is this happening? Because our President is following through with his word.

I'll say this again and I hope that all of the Democrats are listening. We're at a point where protection from others is key. Yes, our President is taking care of our economy. Jobs are being created and our economy is getting better daily. Bush has not forgotten the internal issues. He's doing quite well with them, actually. He's also not forgotten the external (foreign) issues and is dealing with that quite well also. I firmly believe that Kerry will throw out the foreign issues (because he has NO clue as to how to handle them) and he will focus on burying this country in government handouts. He will kiss the leaders of France, Germany, and all other detractors. If elected President, he'll become Commander-in-Chief and there goes our troops' morale - again. Another panty-waste just like Clinton. We must support our troops and the cause.

A GOOD ECONOMY MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IF WE'RE ATTACKED AND DEFEATED BY TERRORISTS. Their mission is to bring us down and THAT CAN HAPPEN! We're NOT impervious to their attacks. The United States of America does NOT have a guarantee of survival. We're not somehow a blessed child that will incur no harm. Many citizens believe that NO ONE can touch us. That NO ONE can bring us down and if you study history, you'll find that ANY country, empire, regime, etc. can be brought down and as I've said, we're young. We CAN be brought down.

Electing Kerry will do nothing but make many steps toward our demise.

CG

Miss Mally
07-08-2004, 08:40 PM
People are upset because soldiers aren't getting to come home soon enough...because reservist are having to be called up...because some are having to serve longer tours and/or more than one tour over there.

Our military was decimated...both in moral in in equipement. Budget cuts in the nineties...when we were not in a deficiate....are part of the problem. My inlaws work on Ft. Hood. Right now they are short on supplies to repair needed equipement. They say this has been a problem for the last 8 years.

We were not looking for a war...we certainly were not prepaired for war...but we were attacked none the less. Our Commander in Chief has done an exceltent job in making sure we haven't been attacked again in the last three years.

CuriousGal
07-08-2004, 09:13 PM
People are upset because soldiers aren't getting to come home soon enough...because reservist are having to be called up...because some are having to serve longer tours and/or more than one tour over there.

Our military was decimated...both in moral in in equipement. Budget cuts in the nineties...when we were not in a deficiate....are part of the problem. My inlaws work on Ft. Hood. Right now they are short on supplies to repair needed equipement. They say this has been a problem for the last 8 years.

We were not looking for a war...we certainly were not prepaired for war...but we were attacked none the less. Our Commander in Chief has done an exceltent job in making sure we haven't been attacked again in the last three years.

Your last sentence sums up what I've been trying to say. We haven't been attacked but who knows how many attacks have been thwarted due to changes that were made because of 9-11? They can't tell us about everything because of security so many people are stupid enough to think that the threat is gone. As a result of that stupidity, they'll vote for Kerry-Edwards because they've turned their focus completely onto our economy. Those people who will vote for Kerry-Edwards don't have a clue because they simply don't realize what Bush-Cheney is doing for us. Bush-Cheney is fighting to keep us safe while dealing with the economy. They're doing a great job of both. It wouldn't be wise to change horse in midstream but many Americans are selfish and they don't realize how important our safety is. They are selfish and stupid and they'll vote for Kerry-Edwards because of promises that they will make, in order to be elected, and not keep. No campaign promises can be iron-clad.

As to the 90's, I've addressed this. Read my initial long post on this thread. Clinton did our armed services NO favors. He was awful and if Kerry wins, it will be as bad or worse.

CG

MiraculousMutha
07-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Our Commander in Chief has done an exceltent job in making sure we haven't been attacked again in the last three years.
If our commander in chief's daddy had done this job right the first time...

Gearldean
07-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Our Commander in Chief has done an exceltent job in making sure we haven't been attacked again in the last three years.
If he'd done the job right the first time, you coulda bitched about that, too.

:D

Goalie
07-09-2004, 05:15 PM
...then the liberals would be screaming that he wasn't justified in taking out Saddam. Right or wrong, left or right, up or down, he could never have done the RIGHT thing, according to the Democrats. Same holds true of GWB.

Miss Mally
07-09-2004, 08:18 PM
Gd...that is such an ugly word...that it degraded the cause. You can do better than that.

Girlie
07-09-2004, 08:57 PM
I kinda like the use of that word there ... lol

Miss Mally
07-09-2004, 09:02 PM
I kinda like the use of that word there ... lol

I just don't see the need to use words like that anywhere.

Gearldean
07-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Gd...that is such an ugly word...that it degraded the cause. You can do better than that.
Well, I tried my best to think of another word to express what I thought and everything else came up short!

Girlie
07-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Well, I tried my best to think of another word to express what I thought and everything else came up short!

I agree. I don't agree with casual cussin' ... but I think that word fit there.

Miss Mally
07-09-2004, 11:04 PM
would have had scathing remarks....

would have griped....

Would have bemoaned....

would have whined and complained about that too.

I know..don't have the same punch perhaps...because the shock value isn't there. Does everything have to have shock value anymore...to have value?

Miss Mally
07-09-2004, 11:06 PM
also...it has the implication of calling M&M a name. And that isn't appropriate either....no matter whether we all agree or not. M&M doesn't deserved to be treated that way.

cooking is done by cooks

baking is done by bakers

working is done by workers

etc. etc.

Girlie
07-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Oh yeah, I see your point, but I didn't see it the same way ... as anyone calling M&M a name or anything.

I think maybe it's because I don't hear that word very often ... it still has shock value for me! LOL

Miss Mally
07-10-2004, 12:38 AM
yeah...but trust me...I know from experience...it feels that way to the one you are saying it too.

M&M may say some off the wall things...things I don't care for or agree with. But he deserves more respect than that. I have many friends whom I don't agree with or care for the things they believe or say.

We don't make a very good case for our cause using language like that. We wouldn't feel it okay of him to say such things about Bush etc.

I concider most everyone here my friend...and wouldn't want anyone to talk to my friends that way. It is a derogatory term anyway you look at it.

Gearldean
07-10-2004, 12:59 AM
also...it has the implication of calling M&M a name. And that isn't appropriate either....no matter whether we all agree or not. M&M doesn't deserved to be treated that way.

cooking is done by cooks

baking is done by bakers

etc. etc.
Oh, Quitcherbellyachin, Mally. I never thought about anyone being shocked at the use of the word. Guess I had a momentary lapse and let you sliip my mind. :lol:

Just noticed your use of the word "deserved" and wondered if that might be a freudian slip since you so strongly disagree with M & M's politics.

The dictionary that I consulted didn't say anything about the word being a cussword. It just said it meant "To complain; grumble." My word was shorther than either one of those and you know my philosophy, "less is sometimes more".

Since both men and women bitch, I don't think you could say that it indicates that someone who DOES that IS a bitch. :D

Miss Mally
07-10-2004, 01:31 AM
by most standards...people are what they do.

did I call it a cuss word? It is inappropriate language. It is an offensive word. Not just to me, but to many.

I wouldn't approve of anyone saying it to you...and had it been directed at you...you would be offended. In fact...I remember a time when you deleted and deleted a teens inappropriate language...and was very upset that it was directed at you. You got upset the other day...with merely the implication that George made with some accronyms. That word isn't listed as cussing either. But the word you used is labled in the dictionary as an abusive word.

If it is justifiable when you use it Gd...it is justifiable I am sure to someone else when they use it...or use a different word...one that you don't like. What you said was ugly and degraded yourself and our board.

Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause.-Victor Hugo

whocares
07-10-2004, 06:47 AM
I can't believe what I'm reading here. You condemn people, including Catholics, for their beliefs. You ridicule Democrats. You belittle liberals. You deliver scathing reprimands to anyone who disagrees with you. And then you raise all-billy hell about someone using the word bitch or bitching.
Geez!
A cook cooks. Bullcrap. A woman cooks, a man cooks, a chef cooks, Democrats cook, Republicans cook. Hell, even muslims cook. A bitch is a female dog. Get over it.

Gearldean
07-10-2004, 07:10 AM
Lighten up, Mally! It's all in fun! :lol:

Pond
07-10-2004, 07:22 AM

did I call it a cuss word? It is inappropriate language. It is an offensive word. Not just to me, but to many.

I wouldn't approve of anyone saying it to you...and had it been directed at you...you would be offended. In fact...I remember a time when you deleted and deleted a teens inappropriate language...and was very upset that it was directed at you. You got upset the other day...with merely the implication that George made with some accronyms. That word isn't listed as cussing either. But the word you used is labled in the dictionary as an abusive word.

If it is justifiable when you use it Gd...it is justifiable I am sure to someone else when they use it...or use a different word...one that you don't like. What you said was ugly and degraded yourself and our board.

Mally , you are amazing ! :)

Miss Mally
07-10-2004, 01:56 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading here. You condemn people, including Catholics, for their beliefs. You ridicule Democrats. You belittle liberals. You deliver scathing reprimands to anyone who disagrees with you. And then you raise all-billy hell about someone using the word bitch or bitching.
Geez!
A cook cooks. Bullcrap. A woman cooks, a man cooks, a chef cooks, Democrats cook, Republicans cook. Hell, even muslims cook. A bitch is a female dog. Get over it.

What...you don't concider yourself a cook when you are cooking? Don't no one kiss the cook!

Quote one time that I personaly have condemned someone...what sentance have I passed...what did I convict them off...what was the punishment I melted out? Me thinks you view condemnation as anything that isn't accepting. I state my opinion without name calling or foul language.

Get over it...nope...that ain't happening. The reason vulgarity and inappropriate language saturates our airwaves, our television our movies and our childrens brains...is because it is ignored...no one will stand up and say it is unexceptable.

Miss Mally
07-10-2004, 02:00 PM
Mally , you are amazing ! :)

Thank You Pond! :)

Miss Mally
07-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Bigguns said this much better than I ever could. I hope he don't mind me copying his words from the other message board to here:

"Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:51 pm Post subject: Posting language

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok Look...the thing is this...on using words unappropiate here at the spin it is true that this section is for thick skinned people. But just because thats what it says doesnt mean that the language has to be overboard. I am no prude thats for sure and have been known to use a few chosen words now and again to say the least...however some language is not used on here and I respect that...I just got PM's out the faucet here asking me if there is something I could say or do. fact is there really isnt except to plead with those to please use your discretion as Mally is not the only person here that takes offense to the words used. One person just Pm'd me back and said they didnt mind astericks and such they know what your saying but its better than using the intended word. We have to remeber that what we discuss here is not just viewed by us. Our kids and looks and we are the ones setting examples for them...when they see what we say and or do they think its ok when its not. fact is Julie will be here and soon she will incorporate the filter and we will be back in the stone age of the old board. It is very linient now but wont be soon. You can count on that. You will see that no matter how much the resistance you have to keep your post with language that is detremental to others and refusal to police your own will be done for you with or with out your permission. i am guilty of suggestive remarks in alot of my post and when I have something to say I either warn people in the header of the thread or in the beginning of my post. this is called mutual respect and should be honored by all ...including those who are not offended by harsh language and also by those who are offended by it. rememeber one thing...we are guest here on a free board provided by a very thoughtful person. At least show her some respect and save her some time in cleaning up the threads. At anytime she could just throw here hands up and close it down altogether. Then what? if you feel the need to use the language just PM to me the words just so you can get it off your chest. This is in no way a defense of Mally but rather a mere appreciation of fellow posters. I have no problem with anyone or their opinions here and I hope to continue to see everyone here posting."

Gearldean
07-10-2004, 06:13 PM

Well, I need to correct something you presented as truth when, in fact, it was NOT the truth. I did NOT delete the post to which you refer! Julie deleted it and I was not upset about it because it said more about the one who posted than it did about me. My memory is NOT as bad as you HOPE it is, Mally.

Yes, I do think an acronym with the F word is offensive but I did not TELL anyone to remove it. I think I said he SHOULD.

Julie and I used to try to keep all the objectionable words off the board but you said you would rather we didn't do that so here we are.

I still don't feel degraded, by any means, by my use of the word as I used it and your preaching is not going to change my viewpoint.

Rhiannon
07-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Now I know exactly why I have avoided this thread.
A place will come to be where people can voice their opinion in any language without any reprimanding.

Miss Mally
07-10-2004, 07:31 PM

Well, I need to correct something you presented as truth when, in fact, it was NOT the truth. I did NOT delete the post to which you refer! Julie deleted it and I was not upset about it because it said more about the one who posted than it did about me. My memory is NOT as bad as you HOPE it is, Mally.

Yes, I do think an acronym with the F word is offensive but I did not TELL anyone to remove it. I think I said he SHOULD.

Julie and I used to try to keep all the objectionable words off the board but you said you would rather we didn't do that so here we are.

I still don't feel degraded, by any means, by my use of the word as I used it and your preaching is not going to change my viewpoint.

Why Gearldean...You told me yourself on the phone that you spent all day Christmas Eve deleting the things that a young girl was saying that was inappropriate. these were the posts I was refering to.

That same young girl is on this very board...reading and posting. She grew up alot. What kind of example are you setting for her now?

Miss Mally
07-10-2004, 07:41 PM
We don't want Janet flashing us on TV...we don't want cussing and inappropriate language on our TV's...we say we want to promote family values and need a leader in office who will support those values as well. But...then...if the inappropriate word fits...we can use it on a message board? We can degrade the opposition by using it. I don't get it. Family values start with each of us. If we can't uphold them...then how do we expect our government to?

by the way Gd...I ain't said a word about deleting it. I just think you were wrong to do it and I believe that you owe M&M an apology. I remember when you felt Krispy owed someone an apology for being degrading towards that person and you didn't mind telling her so. You have never minded telling me when you think I am wrong...but if I speak up about your language...I am preaching to you?

Gearldean
07-10-2004, 08:44 PM
WELL! I ain't never heard so much bitchin bout bitchin!
I HAVE SPOKEN!

Anonymous
07-10-2004, 08:47 PM
WELL! I ain't never heard so much bitchin bout bitchin!
I HAVE SPOKEN! Extremely, absolutely, positively, amazingly, precisely,unambiguously, unconditionally, unquestionably, exactly, doubtlessely, well said GD! Great job. Hey, someone had to say it! Good for you GD!

Miss Mally
07-10-2004, 10:00 PM
real classy Gd. You are someone to look up to for sure. I hope you didn't miss the post on the previous page.

Anonymous
07-10-2004, 11:03 PM
She is the classiest person I ever met. You, however, act classy, only to hurt people as you have done in the past! Some one had to come out and take a stand against you Mally. People have let you spew your crap too long!

P.S GD is the optimum person to look up too. That is my opinion. I would even want my own daughter to look up to her as a role model. I am slowly developing my own opinion of you Mally...And it is not turning out positively.

Gearldean
07-11-2004, 05:36 AM
real classy Gd. You are someone to look up to for sure. I hope you didn't miss the post on the previous page.
STILL not havin any fun, Mally? You're takin this way to serious! :D It's just a board! However, I will go back over the whole thing to make sure I didn't miss any laughs! Thanks, Mally! You're a jewel! You sure know how to keep folk entertained!

Gearldean
07-11-2004, 05:44 AM
...P.S GD is the optimum person to look up too. That is my opinion. I would even want my own daughter to look up to her as a role model.
Thanks for the kind words, Rocin. Just be sure to remind your daughter to look higher than me for a role model! :lol: WAAAAYYYY higher!

Gearldean
07-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Why Gearldean...You told me yourself on the phone that you spent all day Christmas Eve deleting the things that a young girl was saying that was inappropriate. these were the posts I was refering to.

That same young girl is on this very board...reading and posting. She grew up alot. What kind of example are you setting for her now?
Well, I went back over what you've posted and found this. It's another reminder to me of why you and I no longer have a good relationship and why I lost respect for you. You think nothing of plastering things on a public message board that were said in a private conversation. I'm not ashamed of what I said to you for it was the truth but I fail to see why you think it would be beneficial to anyone to rehash something that happened nearly 7 months ago. You and I disagree about the word I used being inappripriate and comparing it to what was posted on the forum in the past isn't going to change my view and I don't think it will change that of anyone else. That leads me to believe that there were other reasons for your choice and I don't think it was for the betterment of this forum.

MsFrizz
07-11-2004, 09:05 AM
This thread started out as a discussion on "A soldier's letter to Kerry".
I'm sure it was very interesting to many people, and I enjoyed reading the small portion that was dedicated to this topic.

Then, as usual, Mally got bored and had to find something to bitch about.
Again, as usual, she focussed on Gearldean. So far I have scrolled through maybe 2 more pages of posts, dedicated to Mally's bitching. As usual, Mally has everyone's attention.

Pond
07-11-2004, 09:24 AM
I am still thinking about the word Hell ...If I say the word, does that make me a hell raiser ...rofl or the word butt does that make me a a ?? :lol:

MiraculousMutha
07-11-2004, 11:33 AM

cooking is done by cooks

baking is done by bakers

etc. etc.
And bitching is done by bitches, hahahaha! I didn't really take it that way, Mally, but thanks for being so thoughtful. Everyone here knows that I am a first class, grade A, straight runnin BIOTCH, please don't take that away from me. :lol:

CuriousGal
07-11-2004, 12:05 PM
I really liked this thread until I saw today how drastically it veered from the topic. At least one and a half pages have been devoted to garbage, rehashing and one word that I wouldn't use in front of children but do use in front of adults. I heard language such as this growing up just as just about all of you did but I was taught that it was wrong for me to mimic adults. Any child who reads this board should have been taught the same thing but if they weren't, it's not the responsibility of other adults to do the teaching. I have no problem with what G said and as an adult, I realize when strong language is effective. This is an incredibly serious subject, our US military, and it's been trivialized here (by one person who I know realizes the seriousness of the topic) because it's been completely overlooked by the use of one word.

I completely understand Mally's point of view here and I know that language such as that word is offensive to her. She doesn't think it's EVER appropriate. That's her right to feel that way but it's disappointing that it has to absolutely take over what started as a thought-provoking topic. It was reduced dramatically and has become nothing but bickering.

Can we get back to the topic and stop this bickering now? If necessary, I'll start a thread about language (if one hasn't already been started) so that that topic can be addressed there.

Now about our military and who should lead them......Hands down, BUSH!!!! But then again, y'all knew I would say that! LOL

JMHO,

CG

CuriousGal
07-11-2004, 12:08 PM

George H.W. Bush did what he set out to do in the Gulf War. It was never his intent to take down Saddam. But if all of those who are against what we've done in Iraq this time feel the same way you do, wouldn't that mean that what George W Bush has done is right?

CG

Julie
07-11-2004, 12:12 PM
This thread made it about 3/4 of a way down the first page dealing with the subject matter. The next 2 1/4 pages have just been debating on how the language used was to be interpreted and whether it was appropriate or not. We now know that Mally and some others that she says have PM'd her don't care for a certain word. We know that GD and several others don't have a problem with the language. Sounds like a draw to me. You guys can go on debating back and forth, but everyone knows how each of you stand and we also know that neither is going to convince the other to change your ways. We love ya both just the way you are :D By the way, a whiner whines, but they aren't a whine ;)

MsFrizz
07-11-2004, 01:00 PM
HaHaHaHa! Thanks, Julie! We also now know that MiraculousMutha is a first class BIOTCH! Just wish I knew what that is!

Girlie
07-11-2004, 01:19 PM
HaHaHaHa! Thanks, Julie! We also now know that MiraculousMutha is a first class BIOTCH! Just wish I knew what that is!

My thoughts exacty !! LOL

Gearldean
07-11-2004, 01:38 PM

My thoughts exacty !! LOL
I don't know for absolute certain but I THINK it might be the masculine term for a bee with an itch.

I agree with everything the writer of the letter at the beginning of this thread. I don't think I've heard anyone serving in the military state that they would prefer Kerry over Bush. I think I know the reason why, too. If I were in the military and was serving my country in Iraq, I'd be plenty worried about the possibility of Kerry becoming President. Come to think of it, I'm plenty worried about that possibility right here right here on home ground!

Errr...did everyone already know how I felt about that? :D