PDA

View Full Version : California Assembly Blocks Vietnam War Hero From Speaking

Miss Mally
07-05-2004, 10:31 PM
California Assembly Blocks Vietnam War Hero From Speaking
By Leslie Wetzel
Talon News
July 5, 2004

SACRAMENTO, CA (Talon News) -- Republican Assemblyman Jay LaSuer of San Diego had arranged for Vietnam War hero Admiral Jeremiah Denton to come to California to be a part of a 4th of July ceremony held on the Assembly floor. Admiral Denton introduced the world to the fact that the prisoners of war in Vietnam were being tortured.

Denton's plane was shot down flying a combat mission over North Vietnam, becoming the first captured A-6 pilot of the war. Denton was brutally tortured and suffered through four years in solitary confinement. He went on to become a leader of the American resistance in the Communist prison camps.

According to his book, "When Hell Was In Session," it was "because of his faith in God and America that he survived interrogations with closed lips." He spent a total of 7 years and seven months as a prisoner of war.

Admiral Denton reached legendary status when he was being interviewed for a Communist propaganda video, according to the Admiral Jeremiah Denton Foundation (web site). Throughout the interview, while responding to questions and feigning sensitivity to harsh lighting, Denton blinked his eyes in Morse code, repeatedly spelling out "T-O-R-T-U-R-E." The interview, which was broadcast on American television on May 17, 1966, was the first confirmation that American POWs in Vietnam were being tortured.

To read the rest of this man's incredible story and what the California democrats did

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2004/july/0705_ca_blocks_vet.shtml

Gearldean
07-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Jeremiah Denton is my hero! He knows John Kerry for what he is. He's not overly fonda Fonda, either, to put it mildly. Just in case someone doesn't go look at the complete article, I have included another portion of ithe article below:

In an editorial in the Mobile Register titled "Who's Kerry," Admiral Denton said, "Knowing that I served in the U.S. Senate with John Kerry and that, like him, I am a veteran of the Vietnam War, many people have asked me what I think of him, particularly now that he's the apparent presidential nominee of the Democratic Party."

"When Kerry joined me in the Senate, I already knew about his record of defamatory remarks and behavior criticizing U.S. policy in Vietnam and the conduct of our military personnel there," Denton added. "I had learned in North Vietnamese prisons how much harm such statements caused. To me, his remarks and behavior amounted to giving aid and comfort to our Vietnamese and Soviet enemies. So I was not surprised when his subsequent overall voting pattern in the Senate was consistently detrimental to our national security."

MiraculousMutha
07-06-2004, 08:14 AM
Denton blinked his eyes in Morse code
Oh! Thought I was watching Bewitched for a minute.

Miss Mally
07-06-2004, 08:28 AM
Jeremiah Denton is my hero! He knows John Kerry for what he is. He's not overly fonda Fonda, either, to put it mildly. Just in case someone doesn't go look at the complete article, I have included another portion of ithe article below:

In an editorial in the Mobile Register titled "Who's Kerry," Admiral Denton said, "Knowing that I served in the U.S. Senate with John Kerry and that, like him, I am a veteran of the Vietnam War, many people have asked me what I think of him, particularly now that he's the apparent presidential nominee of the Democratic Party."

"When Kerry joined me in the Senate, I already knew about his record of defamatory remarks and behavior criticizing U.S. policy in Vietnam and the conduct of our military personnel there," Denton added. "I had learned in North Vietnamese prisons how much harm such statements caused. To me, his remarks and behavior amounted to giving aid and comfort to our Vietnamese and Soviet enemies. So I was not surprised when his subsequent overall voting pattern in the Senate was consistently detrimental to our national security."

Denton is one of my hero's too.

Anonymous
07-06-2004, 08:51 AM
Denton blinked his eyes in Morse code
Oh! Thought I was watching Bewitched for a minute. lol. I love that show. :D

Gearldean
07-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Oh! Thought I was watching Bewitched for a minute. lol. I love that show. :D[/quote]
Me too! I caught myself trying to twitch my nose on several occasions before I realized it was only a fantasy show! :D