PDA

View Full Version : John Edwards has been Picked by John Kerry!

BigGunz
07-06-2004, 05:59 AM
John Kerry has picked John Edwards to be his VP running mate!

BigGunz
07-06-2004, 06:35 AM
Kerry Picks Edwards to Be Running Mate

4 minutes ago

By RON FOURNIER, AP Political Writer

WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) selected former rival John Edwards (news - web sites) to be his running mate, telling supporters he couldn't wait to see the freshman North Carolina senator going "toe-to-toe with Dick Cheney (news - web sites)."

AP Photo

AP Photo
Slideshow: John Kerry

Latest headlines:
Kerry Picks Edwards to Be Running Mate
AP - 4 minutes ago

Kerry: Edwards Is Vice Presidential Running Mate
Reuters - 11 minutes ago

Bush to Launch Ad Featuring McCain
AP - 12 minutes ago

"In the next 120 days and in the administration that follows, John Edwards and I will be fighting for the America we love," Kerry said in an email to supporters obtained by The Associated Press. "We'll be fighting to give the middle class a voice by providing good paying jobs and affordable health care. We'll be fighting to make America energy independent. We'll be fighting to build a strong military and lead strong alliances, so young Americans are never put in harm's way because we insisted on going it alone."

By selecting Edwards, Kerry went with the smooth-talking Southern populist over more seasoned politicians in hopes of injecting vigor and small-town appeal to the Democratic presidential ticket.

He offered Edwards the No. 2 spot on the Democratic ticket in a telephone call Tuesday morning, and the North Carolina senator accepted, said two senior Democrats familiar with the conversation.

Edwards was at his home in Georgetown when Kerry called, readying his two young children for summer camp. Kerry called from his Pittsburgh home.

MiraculousMutha
07-06-2004, 07:54 AM
I assume Hillary declined the offer. She's assuming Bush will win this time and is planning on the nomination for president next time.

Miss Mally
07-06-2004, 08:21 AM
I bet you assume right M&M.

Rhiannon
07-06-2004, 01:25 PM
I assume Hillary declined the offer. She's assuming Bush will win this time and is planning on the nomination for president next time.

I have thought that too! Willy has been openly supporting Bush.

Rhiannon
07-06-2004, 01:56 PM
SENATOR JOHN EDWARDS: UNACCOMPLISHED AND INEXPERIENCED

Kerry And Family Question Edwards’ Experience

Kerry Attacked Edwards’ Maturity And Experience; ‘When I Came Back From Vietnam…I Don’t Know If John Edwards Was Out Of Diapers Then.’ “‘In the Senate four years – and that is the full extent of public life – no international experience, no military experience, you can imagine what the advertising is going to be next year,’ Mr. Kerry said. With a grin, he added: ‘When I came back from Vietnam in 1969 I don’t know if John Edwards was out of diapers then. Well, I’m sure he was out of diapers.’” (Adam Nagourney and Jim Rutenberg, “With Hopes Up And Elbows Out, Democrats Give Iowa Their All,” The New York Times, 1/19/04)

Kerry Attacked Edwards’ Experience. “‘I think the American people want an experienced hand at the helm of state,’ said Kerry, who has spent 19 years in the Senate compared with Edwards’ five. ‘This is not the time for on-the-job training in the White House on national security issues.’” (Mark Z. Barabak, “Diverse States May Reshape The Democratic Race Today,” Los Angeles Times, 2/3/04)

Kerry Blasted Edwards’ ‘Lack Of Military And Foreign Policy Experience.’ “Kerry took aim at Edwards’s lack of military and foreign policy experience while responding to Edwards’s comment that both candidates shared similar plans to rebuild Iraq. ‘Well, I think he would like it to be that way,’ said Kerry, a decorated veteran, ‘but I think I have 35 years of experience in international security, foreign policy, and military affairs, and I think that makes an enormous difference here. I think that the world is looking for leadership that is tested and sure.’” (Raja Mishra, “Edwards And Kerry Emphasize Contrasts,” The Boston Globe, 2/23/04)

Kerry Mocked Edwards’ “Ambitious” Nature After Only One Term In Elective Office. “The veteran senator also questioned the former trial lawyer’s pursuit of the presidency after less than one term in elective office. ‘And people call me ambitious?’ a Globe reporter once overheard Kerry asking an aide.” (Glen Johnson, “Once a Rival, Edwards Staying Close to Kerry,” The Boston Globe, 6/10/04)

Kerry’s Stepson Voiced Concern Over Edwards’ Foreign Policy Credentials. “Kerry is likely to name a running mate within two weeks, [Chris] Heinz said, offering no inside information. ‘I was very pro-[North Carolina Sen. John] Edwards in the spring,’ he said. ‘But now I think we may need someone with stronger credentials on foreign policy.’” (Jack Kelly, “Chris Heinz On The Stump In City For Stepdad,” Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 6/17/04)

(more...)

http://www.gop.com/RNCResearch/Read.aspx?id=4345

Of course they had all this plugged in and ready to go. All they had to do was point and click. Still, it's impressive opposition research work!

BigGunz
07-06-2004, 04:02 PM

I dont think Hillary was offered...I mena if Kerry wanted a chance to win he certainly wouldnt have picked Hillary.....lol...besides lets just say he did offer it to her and she declined that was the smart thing for her to do anyways....why would she want to be on the losing team in 04 when she can be on the losing team in 08?...roflol

techgurl88
07-06-2004, 04:05 PM
LOL and I thought they meant John Edwards the guy who "see's dead people" :lol:

Miss Mally
07-06-2004, 04:09 PM

I dont think Hillary was offered...I mena if Kerry wanted a chance to win he certainly wouldnt have picked Hillary.....lol...besides lets just say he did offer it to her and she declined that was the smart thing for her to do anyways....why would she want to be on the losing team in 04 when she can be on the losing team in 08?...roflol

oh he asked her...and she declined. She knows he doesn't stand a chance...and she hopes he don't too. If he wins..that might put her 8 years out....She is hoping for a Bush win...and then she can run without facing an incumbent.

DrDon
07-06-2004, 07:00 PM
She knows he doesn't stand a chance...and she hopes he don't too. If he wins..that might put her 8 years out....She is hoping for a Bush win...and then she can run without facing an incumbent.

Actually, I think this pretty much ends the threat of the Lizard Queen running for President. If Bush wins, Edwards will become the presumptive Democratic nominee. If Kerry wins, Hillary's chance is deader than an armadillo trying to cross the Stemmons Freeway.

Rhiannon
07-06-2004, 07:32 PM

oh he asked her...and she declined. She knows he doesn't stand a chance...and she hopes he don't too. If he wins..that might put her 8 years out....She is hoping for a Bush win...and then she can run without facing an incumbent.

I agree totally!

BigGunz
07-06-2004, 08:38 PM

you mean its not the same?....roflol....j/k...good to see ya posting again agent 88..... :D

Outsider
07-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Would someone please explain to me how someone of Kerry's financial standing can profess to help the middle-class people of this country, when he has never been in that class himself? They say experience is the best teacher. Let Kerry forgo his financial assets for 6 months, and move into a small community like Eastland, find a job, housing, etc. and make a go of it and then I might believe that he can relate to some of the problems that the lower and middle-class people of this country have to deal with every day. Fat chance of that happening!

Miss Mally
07-06-2004, 09:43 PM
hey outsider...good to see ya gal. Been missing you and yours.

Outsider
07-06-2004, 09:54 PM
Hey Mal! You're real good at explaining things, splain this to me.

Miss Mally
07-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Hey Mal! You're real good at explaining things, splain this to me.

ain't you figured out...Kerry professes lots of things and means none of them. hahahahahahaha

What needs explaining to me....is why some people fall for it!!!

Kerry might would do just fine Outsider....he would swindle his way along for six months...and find a well to do widow before the six months was up to support him.

Outsider
07-06-2004, 10:48 PM
I should have known! What's the matter with me! :oops: Don't worry, I'll get it back together....had a sudden case of the dumbies hit me, got a better word for it, but can't use it here!
Mal, your better than a head shrink, and a lot cheaper too. :lol:

Miss Mally
07-06-2004, 11:09 PM
I should have known! What's the matter with me! :oops: Don't worry, I'll get it back together....had a sudden case of the dumbies hit me, got a better word for it, but can't use it here!
Mal, your better than a head shrink, and a lot cheaper too. :lol:

ROFLOL (I sure do miss our rolling along funny faces) I been told I was better than lots of things...but never at shrinking heads. hahahahhahahahahahaha

techgurl88
07-07-2004, 06:45 AM

you mean its not the same?....roflol....j/k...good to see ya posting again agent 88..... :D

Hey there Biggunz, I have been purty busy but still read all the gossip here. :D

BigGunz
07-07-2004, 07:24 AM
it gets pretty wild sometimes!.....lol

jenfrog81
07-07-2004, 12:38 PM
LOL and I thought they meant John Edwards the guy who "see's dead people" :lol:Me Too I thought the Same thing . LOL.

Rhiannon
07-09-2004, 08:13 AM
Hugs, kisses to the cheek, affectionate touching of the face, caressing of the back, grabbing of the arm, fingers to the neck, rubbing of the knees...

John Kerry and John Edwards can't keep their hands off each other!

In the past 48 hours, "candidate handling" has become the top buzz on the trail.

http://www.drudgereport.com/kerryk.htm

MiraculousMutha
07-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Would someone please explain to me how someone of Kerry's financial standing can profess to help the middle-class people of this country, when he has never been in that class himself? They say experience is the best teacher. Let Kerry forgo his financial assets for 6 months, and move into a small community like Eastland, find a job, housing, etc. and make a go of it and then I might believe that he can relate to some of the problems that the lower and middle-class people of this country have to deal with every day. Fat chance of that happening!
Good objective question. Noticed you didn't get any kind of respectable answer from Miss Mally, so just think of two churches. One has a pastor who ministers the word to his flock and the other has a preacher who is full of hot air. The pastor cares for his own, urges them to give ten percent of their income to the church from which he is paid a modest living and sends the rest to do the Lord's work in the community and around the world, helping others to help themselves. The preacher huffs, puffs, and blows nonsense to his congregation, compelling and threatening them with eternal damnation if they don't give every penny they can spare to this church. This preacher then takes all or most of the take for himself to spend on his new brick home, fine automobiles, clothing and jewelry for himself.
You may compare the self serving preacher to the republican party, cutting taxes for the wealthy, going on a spending and borrowing spree, cutting programs that help the needy so they won't have to pay taxes that would help their fellow man, and then disguising all of their selfishness and greed in the name of religion and morality. The pastor, on the other hand gives freely of himself and sends the churches tithes on to do good things like the democrats, who believe in paying their fair share of the privilege to be an American. That means helping old people and little kids, and not turning their backs on the disabled.
There is no comparing a democrat and a republican, a pastor and a preacher, or a Bush and a Kerry.