PDA

View Full Version : little bitta background

Miss Mally
07-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Following is a brief background on Mrs. John Kerry . She hates being called that, by the way:

Maria Teresa Thiersten Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry. Married Senator Kerry in 1995. She only took his name eighteen months ago and she is an "interesting" paradox of conflicts.

If you thought John Kerry was scary, he doesn't hold a candle to his wife! Maria Teresa Thiersten Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry was born in Mozambique, the daughter of a Portuguese physician, was educated in Switzerland and South Africa. Fluent in five languages, she was working as a United Nations interpreter in Geneva in the mid-60's when she met a "handsome" young American, H. John Heinz, III, who worked at a bank in Geneva. He told her his family was "in the food business."

They were married in 1966 and returned to Pittsburgh where his family ran the giant H. J. Heinz food company. He was elected to the US House of Representatives in 1971, and in 1976 he was elected to the first of three terms in the United States Senate. A Republican, he wrote a burning diatribe against some of the causes backed by young House member John Kerry.)

Several years later, in 1991, he was killed when his plane collided with a Sun Oil Company helicopter over a Philadelphia suburb. The senator, his pilot and copilot, and both of Sun's helicopter pilots were killed. He was survived by his wife, Teresa, and their three young sons.

Four years later, having inherited Heinz's $500 million fortune, she married Senator John Forbes Kerry, the liberal then-junior senator from Massachusetts. She became a registered Democrat and the process of her radicalization was set in motion.

Heinz Kerry is not shy about telling people that she required Kerry to sign a prenuptial agreement before they were married. John Kerry may not have check writing privileges on the Heinz catsup and pickle fortune, but he is certainly a willing and uncomplaining beneficiary of it.

A lot of hard-earned money, made through many years of hawking catsup, mustard, and pickles has fallen into the hands of two people who despise successful entrepreneurship and who believe in the confiscatory redistribution of wealth.

So how does Mrs. Heinz Kerry spend John Heinz's money?

Just one example:

According to the G2 Bulletin, an online intelligence newsletter of WorldNetDaily, in the years between 1995-2001 she gave more than $4 million to an organization called the Tides Foundation. And what does the Tides Foundation do with John Heinz's money?

They support numerous antiwar groups, including Ramsey Clark's International Action Center. Clark has offered to defend Saddam Hussein when he's tried.

They support the Democratic Justice Fund, a joint venture of the Tides Foundation and billionaire hate-monger George Soros. The Democratic Justice Fund seeks to ease restrictions on Muslim immigration from "terrorist" states.

They support the Council for American-Islamic Relations, whose leaders are known to have close ties to the terrorist group, Hamas.

They support the National Lawyers Guild, organized as a communist front during the Cold War era. One of their attorneys, Lynne Stewart, has been arrested for helping a client, Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, communicate with terror cells in Egypt. He is the convicted mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

They support the "Barrio Warriors," a radical Hispanic group whose primary goal is to return all of Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas to Mexico.

These are but a few of the radical groups that benefit, through the anonymity provided by the Tides Foundation, from the generosity of our would-be first lady, the wealthy widow of Republican senator John Heinz, and now the wife of the Democratic senator who aspires to be the 44th President of the United States.

Aiding and supporting our enemies is not good for America, regardless of your political views.

If voters will open their eyes, educate themselves and see the real Teresa Heinz Kerry, they will not appreciate her position as ultra rich fairy godmother of the radical left. They will not want to imagine her laying her head on a pillow each night inches away from the President of the United States.

Hopefully they love this country enough to decide that the only way these two will ever be allowed into the White House is with an engraved invitation in hand.

Instead of deleting this, pass it on. Let everyone know these people are unfit to represent this great nation. The uninformed will never hear the truth from the press, who wants Kerry elected!

Those who buy the Kerry facade, beware what you vote for - - - you may regret that you got it!

Julie
07-31-2004, 09:47 PM
In doing some other research, I ran across this and rememered that I had seen it here on the Spin, didn't realize it was another one of those junk emails .... thought I would tell "the rest of the story"...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/tides.asp

free2bme
07-31-2004, 10:11 PM
This is so funny. You want to be the angel of truth -then please start telling the truth & check your facts before you post. 3/4 of that garbage you wrote are lies or should I say republican facts.
Don't hate THK because she is smart & strong. Something the republicans don't seem to like-why is that????
What would be nice is if you would spend some time & look up the FACTS then tell us. I'll be looking forward to them :wink:

Thanks Julie for the truth.

Anonymous
07-31-2004, 10:16 PM
my buddy Mally wrote, or I should say reported:
"They support the "Barrio Warriors," a radical Hispanic group whose primary goal is to return all of Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas to Mexico."

I am starting a radical group of woman who want take over the Neiman Marcus purse and shoe departments...I am calling us the "Leather Lovin' Ladies Auxillary"...I feel that we should be getting some of this money along with every one else...It is our goal to collect as many expensive purses and pairs of shoes as our closets and storage holding facilities can hold...I for one feel that my size nine mediums have been forced into cheap Payless shoes long enough...And just because my bank account says "can't afford to fill up her car, much less pay for insurance and hey big fella, you can bet she ain't going dutch", why shouldn't my handbag say something like BIG WASTE OF MONEY...

i love silly sometimes.....

free2bme
07-31-2004, 10:32 PM
Here are some facts on THK:
Born in Mozambique, fluent in several languages, she has combined compassion and common sense to become a force for innovation and social progress as leader of one of the nation's large private foundations. After studying at the University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa and the University of Geneva, she moved to the United States and got a job working for the Trusteeship Council of the United Nations. In 1966, she married Senator John Heinz whom she met when they were graduate students and with whom she had three sons. Shortly after celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary in 1991, she lost her husband in a plane crash.

Turning down offers to seek election to her husband's Senate seat to take care of her sons, family and professional responsibilities, she became chairman of The Howard Heinz Endowment and the Heinz Family Philanthropies. Under her leadership, the Heinz foundations are widely known for developing innovative strategies to protect the environment, improve education and the lives of young children, reduce the cost of prescription drugs, promote the arts and help women achieve financial economic security. She established the Women's Institute for a Secure Retirement in 1996 to educate women about pensions, savings, and retirement security.

Their mutual interest in environmental issues brought Teresa and John together. She was first introduced to John Kerry by Senator Heinz at an Earth Day rally in 1990. In 1992, she met Kerry again at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro when President George H. W. Bush appointed her as part of a State Department Delegation representing U.S. non-governmental organizations. She and Sen. Kerry were married in the presence of her three sons and his two daughters on Memorial Day weekend in 1995. Teresa has received numerous awards and 10 honorary degrees for her many works. In September of last year, she was presented with the Albert Schweitzer Gold Medal for Humanitarianism, for her work protecting the environment, promoting health care and education and uplifting women and children throughout the world. She was elected a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2001.

In addition to her three sons and two step-daughters, Teresa is the almost inordinately (but understandably) proud grandmother of one grandchild.

A Philanthropic Innovator
An Environmental Visionary
A Women's Advocate
Founder of the Heinz Awards
A Committed Citizen
A Recognized Leader

BigGunz
07-31-2004, 11:52 PM
Im still not impressed with her!

spy
08-01-2004, 07:26 AM
So it's okay for Dubya to be born into a family with money and not have to work for it, but God forbid a democrat to marry into a family of money. They may USE it! :o

Anonymous
08-02-2004, 08:20 AM
That sounds like something a mother would write about her 13 year old. :roll:

krispy
08-02-2004, 08:27 AM
hmm.......she's not the presidential candidate, right?!

Or am I wrong?

If she was....I would vote for her cause she's a woman!

Lol....jk I don't know.....nor do I care.....

MiraculousMutha
08-02-2004, 09:09 PM
Lies=republican facts.
She is a very impressive lady. Only a republican would stoop low enough to talk badly about someone they never even met.

Miss Mally
08-02-2004, 10:05 PM
http://www.tidesfoundation.org/aboutus.cfm

snopes took thiere report straight from the Tides Foundation's web sight. Looks like they would have done a bit more research. hummmm

Tides allows you to make recommendations on how your money is spent.

Go look at their annual report!!!

Julie
08-05-2004, 10:00 PM
http://www.tidesfoundation.org/aboutus.cfm

snopes took thiere report straight from the Tides Foundation's web sight. Looks like they would have done a bit more research. hummmm

Tides allows you to make recommendations on how your money is spent.

Go look at their annual report!!!

So if you are saying that Tides allows you to make recommendations on how your money is spent, are you saying that Theresa asked for her money to be spent to support terrorists?

About (http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_teresa_heinz_kerry.htm) also says this email is false. Instead of trying to spin it into something it is not, why not just admit it is false and move on.

Miss Mally
08-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Okay...this is to address Snopes saying that email was false.

First of all...Snopes sources for the idea that it is false is from the Tide Foundation only. Go read their accounting books.....not just their news release and see for yourself. Don't take Snopes word for it.

Now...I am going to simplefy this a bit...but bare with me here.

Okay....I run a non profit organization that donates money to multiple groups.

I have 100 dollars to distribute...and have decided to divide it evenly between five groups....the boy scouts...the girl scouts....an orphanage....a food bank...and Peta. That mean 20 dollars for each group.

Okay...now Mrs. Kerry comes in and says....i want to donate 25 dollars to your organization...but I want all my money to go to a specific group....the Boy Scouts. So we except her money and put it into the Boy scouts...ever dime of the 25 dollars....BUT....we take the former 20 dollars out...and divide it up between the other four groups. giving each of the five now...25 dollars.

this is what the Tide Foundation does. They put the money where they want it. When you give to a group like this or like United Way etc.....you may be specific about where your dollar goes...but the makes sure....back door that it goes where they want it too.

Take a look at the books...they tell. Snopes gives a link to the Tide Foundation.

Julie
08-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Man, that's really a way to twist it so that they are giving money to support terrorists. Heinz, has ear marked there donations for specific orgs and programs that are good and worthwhile, but the org dispersing the money is putting other money in another org that supports terrorism, therefore, Heinz (i.e. Theresa Heinz who doesn't actually do the donating) is supporting terrorism. I see. Maybe it would be best to attack something else (I'll agree she has bad hair). This one doesn't add up.

Miss Mally
08-05-2004, 10:35 PM
If you look at their books..it all adds up.

Why donate money to a worthy cause...through an organization that does damage to our country? Why not just donate directly to the folks that you want to get the money in the first place....why deal with a sleezy organization?

CuriousGal
08-06-2004, 01:50 AM
I've already stated that I'm a staunch Republican and I'll also say this. I've heard all about this donation to the Tide's Foundation and whether or not it is real or not, I don't care. I think it's wise to understand what the candidates are doing and have done in their lives. We have to be real about all of this and that means NOT taking one thing and smearing the whole campaign of a candidate. IF TH-K has donated money to radical causes, that's her problem and the American people will take that into consideration. In this day and age, many Americans have access to the internet and they can find out the truth if they're willing to do so. Otherwise, they're just taking advice from those dumbass e-mails that we all get and that doesn't differ from Presidential votes in the past. Many Americans vote based on things they've heard and they have NO proof as to whether or not what they heard is factual or not. It's sad but it's true.

The most important thing that all Americans need to focus on is WHO WILL BE THE BEST PRESIDENT OF THESE UNITED STATES? Based on what we're facing RIGHT NOW, who will be best? We're looking at an incumbent President who has done a fantastic job of standing up for all of us by declaring war on terrorists. The man has stood strong and he has made major strides to protect our country. Contrary to Democrats' beliefs, he has also bettered our economy.

Our other choice is a man who chooses to run on his 4-month stint in VietNam (and questions abound) rather than his 20+ years as a US Senator. I would think that his 20+ years as a Senator should be something that he would run on but no, he's chosen not to. So, what is anyone going to judge him on? Why is he qualified to be President of the United States? Are we supposed to just take him at his word? George W. Bush didn't have a lot of government experience when he ran for President but he laid all of his experience out there for all to see. He also laid out his business experience and that was a selling point for many voters. Many Americans realize that the US government is a business and it's best to have a businessperson at the helm rather than a politician who has NO BUSINESS experience. Kerry has hidden all of his governmental experience. Why?????? I'm waiting for Kerry to actually spell out his record because the American people deserve to hear it. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Again, I don't care what TH-K has done (even though I think she's a flake who simply follows whatever man she is married to) but I do care about what Kerry has done, thinks and plans for us, the American people. He's NOT worthy of the Presidency. He will lower our standing in the world if he's elected.

JMHO,

CG

Anonymous
08-06-2004, 06:26 PM
I think Kerry/Edwards will do a great job leading our nation. And, that Teresa H. Kerry will be a fine First Lady....JMHO

Phoneguy
08-06-2004, 06:54 PM
I have avoided serious discussion here, but feel strongly about this. I cannot imagine our president making decisions based on what the United Nations says is best for us. It has become obvious that Mr. Kerry places entirely too much value on the opinions of the leaders of other countries. We all know (or at least most of know) how much jealousy there is of our country, shown by the hatred that is evident in some nations. Now is the time for us to keep a strong leader on whom we can count to defend us by taking the fight to the enemy, not by waiting for the enemy to come to us.