PDA

View Full Version : Jail Break

Anonymous
07-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Anyone hear about a jailbreak in Eastland and an officer possibly missing?

BigGunz
07-07-2004, 03:51 PM
No I havent!

jenfrog81
07-07-2004, 04:00 PM
I sure Havn't .

Bigbritches
07-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Go over to Microplex news and read about the jail break

jenfrog81
07-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Wow I read that . I hope they fine them .

BigGunz
07-07-2004, 05:17 PM
I read the article and was a little confused about the woman...in one sentence it refers to her as a correction officer then at the end calls her along with the male "inmates"....? So which is she?

jenfrog81
07-07-2004, 05:20 PM
I don't know but I know it was on the News

AlwaysRadio
07-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Thanks for pointing that out BG...I made the necessary adjustments. However, might I note...pay no attention to the pic in the grey column!! LOL!!!

Gearldean
07-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Thanks for pointing that out BG...I made the necessary adjustments. However, might I note...pay no attention to the pic in the grey column!! LOL!!!
NOW ya tell us! I've been lookin for that guy all day long!

BigGunz
07-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Crash I wasnt critcizing you at all...please dont misunderstand me...I was just confused as to who or what she was...makes sense now to me about her role in the escape!

BigGunz
07-07-2004, 07:54 PM
and that guy in the grey column I have seem on AMW's website before.....roflol....j/k

Anonymous
07-07-2004, 08:07 PM
My understanding is he left a piece of paper on his bunk and it had names and addresses on it. The Sheriffs department is getting in contact with everyone on that paper to see if he has been in touch with them. My neighbors were one of the people and talking about scaring the day lights out of ya. It did them. They havent seen this guy or spoke to him in over a year. So now we see the law quite a bit more than usual in our neighborhood now. But hey if it catches the guy we'll be thrilled to have the extra attention from the law.

AlwaysRadio
07-07-2004, 09:13 PM
No offense taken at all BG...I was really glad you helped me catch that error.

jenfrog81
07-08-2004, 10:22 AM
I say we all get are shotguns out and go hunt them down Like Rabbiets ..... hehehe

CuriousGal
07-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Ok, I've checked out the story on the website. So "authorities are trying to local an Eastland County Jail Inmate......." And maintenance is spelled maintanance? "He is believed to be in the company...."

I figured that everyone else voiced their concerns so I'm voicing mine. So! The inmate escaped with the help of the female corrections officer? Wow! Very interesting. I do hope that they are caught soon and that she's prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

CG

AlwaysRadio
07-08-2004, 11:09 PM
I have modified the story to bring it current...and this time I ran a dang spell check! I thought I did that this morning, but maybe I was still half asleep...dunno. The "in the company of..." was a direct quote on behalf of the Sheriff's Department. I guess I'd best be on my toes...the grammer police is out to get me!

BigGunz
07-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Uh....no they are not!...I should have never said anything...she says everyone voiced their opinion im not sure if she was referring to your spelling or not...but anyways I didnt see anyone correct your spelling at all...I just commented on whether she was an inmate or a corrections officer is all... AR?...you do a great service to the community...keep up the good work and dont worry about it...stuff happens......lol

MiraculousMutha
07-09-2004, 04:36 PM
I do hope that they are caught soon and that she's prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Did she run off with him or did he run off with her? At any rate, and without being psychic, I can guess what they are doing this very minute. :shock:

Girlie
07-09-2004, 08:38 PM
EEEwwwwwwwwwww!

jenfrog81
07-09-2004, 08:45 PM
You know I went to school with that Doug Guy and I even dated him . NOw that is messed up . LOL

unicorn
07-09-2004, 10:09 PM
where did you go to school jen

techgurl88
07-11-2004, 09:19 AM
Reading about this story immediately makes me wonder what could that guy have said or done to make her go with him. For her to give up her career just like that.....it is just sad.

MiraculousMutha
07-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Reading about this story immediately makes me wonder what could that guy have said or done to make her go with him. For her to give up her career just like that.....it is just sad.
You can't imagine what they do in jail when the jailers turn their backs, and sometimes when they don't, such as would be the case here. :twisted:

Julie
07-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Is there some reason that everyone seems to be assuming she went with him willingly?

MiraculousMutha
07-11-2004, 11:10 AM
The news said she was facing charges of aiding an escape, so I guess we aren't the only ones assuming.

BigGunz
07-11-2004, 11:12 AM
yep thats what the news is reporting!

Julie
07-11-2004, 11:13 AM
Alright. I have been out of town and just hadn't seen anything except what is on here.

BigGunz
07-11-2004, 11:15 AM
I havent watched any Abilene news I watch Dallas news and that is where I heard it....it may or may not be true.

MsFrizz
07-11-2004, 01:08 PM
I spoke with someone who knows the guy's family members at Cisco. She was told by one of his family members that he and the woman who helped him escape have dated each other in the past.

RogueEconomist
07-11-2004, 09:25 PM
kinda supports the idea- love is blind.

Gearldean
07-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Deaf, dumb AND blind, in this case!

Girlie
07-11-2004, 09:51 PM
whatcha wanna bet it ain't love? lol

BigGunz
07-11-2004, 10:02 PM
lust?....lol

Anonymous
07-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Just a statement, Ladies and Gentlemen...Has it occured to any of you to stop and think what has happened here? Two human beings are missing, and one of those is my daughter. I do not know if she is alive tonight. I have heard nothing other than the snide and rude remarks of a bunch of people who assume that nothing bad will ever happen in their lives and it is ok to take potshots at someone they don't know.
So, while those of you who gloat over the disasters in other's lives, I will ask that the rest of you keep me posted of what is going in.
I choose not to use my alias, Bargain Box Lady, I am Joellen Hodge and if you know anything, my e-mail is eccentric1957@hotmail.com.
Thank you-Joellen

Miss Mally
07-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Just a statement, Ladies and Gentlemen...Has it occured to any of you to stop and think what has happened here? Two human beings are missing, and one of those is my daughter. I do not know if she is alive tonight. I have heard nothing other than the snide and rude remarks of a bunch of people who assume that nothing bad will ever happen in their lives and it is ok to take potshots at someone they don't know.
So, while those of you who gloat over the disasters in other's lives, I will ask that the rest of you keep me posted of what is going in.
I choose not to use my alias, Bargain Box Lady, I am Joellen Hodge and if you know anything, my e-mail is eccentric1957@hotmail.com.
Thank you-Joellen

Hey Joe...I been praying for you and Nat and the boys. NO ONE knows all the facts yet, so NO one should be assuming anything. I hadn't spoken on this thread...because I didn't know what to say to some of the comments...and I say things wrong and make it worse sometimes...so I just been praying.

PS. My mom believes in Nat.

Gearldean
07-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Thank you-Joellen
Joellen, I'm extremely sorry for what you're going thru at this time!

The news accounts that I have heard all mention that the prisoner had help from your missing daughter in his escape from jail. I fail to see how she could have been forced to help with the escape, since the man WAS in jail at the time. That's the reason for the comments. It seems to me that they are missing because they choose to be.

I'm sorry you interpreted our comments as "taking potshots" at an innocent person. NOBODY was gloating! I, for one, have had disasters in my own life and I really do feel for you! You'll be remembered in my prayers!

AlwaysRadio
07-13-2004, 11:14 PM
For obvious reasons, my position is neutral...but I have to tell ya, the rumor mill is running full steam, and I am certain it is not going to help break this case! None of us really know what has happened...just the alleged.

Anonymous
07-13-2004, 11:24 PM
I do not know what happened that day, and I can not even begin to guess what happened. What I know, is my daughter is missing and I have not heard from her in almost a week...I would appreciate any news about where she may have gone...Her grandmother and I are sick with worry, and each day is tougher than the one before...I do not ask for pity, nor do I need to change anyone's opinion of the facts...I am asking for information about Natalie or the man she may be with...Does anyone know him?-Jo

Anonymous
07-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Thanks for that, rumors are a lot like web worms...The hardest part of all this is getting through to the truth...and just not knowing-Jo

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 11:40 PM
I do not know what happened that day, and I can not even begin to guess what happened. What I know, is my daughter is missing and I have not heard from her in almost a week...I would appreciate any news about where she may have gone...Her grandmother and I are sick with worry, and each day is tougher than the one before...I do not ask for pity, nor do I need to change anyone's opinion of the facts...I am asking for information about Natalie or the man she may be with...Does anyone know him?-Jo I know him I went to school with him . In Cisco .... When I knew him he was Okay he did get arested for Breaking into the Cisco School one time but after that I don't know what happen to him other then this .

Anonymous
07-14-2004, 06:53 AM
Jo, I pray for angels to surround her and bring her home safely to the love of her family.

Pond
07-14-2004, 07:42 AM
Jo, I know your daughter and am heart sick over this. She was Drum Major in the band and I know has worked very hard to get where she is in life.
I don`t know who this man is so I can not tell what has happened. I do know that she always tired very hard to make something of herself. I will pray for you and yours, that she is found safe and it isn`t as it seems.
No one really knows anything at this point !!!
GOD Bless you ! May he bring peace to your heart ....

Anonymous
07-14-2004, 08:07 AM
Good Morning-
Thank you for all the good things you have said...This is a bad situation for Natalie and her family...I do not know Douglas Thomas, and until this morning, did not know he went to school in Cisco...I am told he may be involved in some kind of White Supremacy Group...Natalie had worked for the Sheriff's Department for about four years...Again, I have no idea what happened last week, but I do know that she has not contacted her father or myself...She has four brothers and has not called them...Other family members are also without news...At this time, the Sheriff's Department, D-P-S, and Texas Rangers are hunting for her...She did speak with one of her brothers on the Monday the 5th...There was no hint that anything was wrong or about to change in her life...I spoke with her the Saturday before and she was excited about going to see her dad at the end of the month and we planned a visit from me to spend the night at her house...If anyone saw or spoke with her, or just knows something, the smallest detail, I am trying to put together a trail of her last days in Ranger and Eastland County in general...Also, if you know anything about Thomas, let me know...-Jo

Anonymous
07-14-2004, 08:34 AM
I am Natalie's Grandmother, and if the Rabbit Hunter is so hot to get on the trail, let me suggest you go and be deputized and help with the search for my grandaughter.
I do not know if she is guilty or not guilty, but I will stand behind her 100%, no matter what.
I will be there for her , and she will not be alone, if she will just turn herself in, we can start to work on whatever we need to to get things right again...

Girlie
07-14-2004, 08:48 AM
Jo ... I pray she is found safe and sound.

I admire your daughter for deeper reasons that some might not understand. My husband has worked for our Sheriff's Office (not Eastland Co) for four years and it is a job that I would NEVER want to do ... I couldn't do it. The stress that goes with it I could never handle. Being the wife of someone who deals with criminals on a daily basis is as close as I want to get .... I know how smoothe talking those critters can be ... I know how desperate they are to get out ... I've heard my husband come home and tell me how he knew plans were being made to bash his brains in just so someone can get out!

I still stand by my thoughts that it wasn't love ... it's hard to fathom men like this (with his record) can possess and/or show love.

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 12:50 PM
well I understand where you are coming from and I just re-read the entire thread and I dont see where anyone really has made a snide or even rude comment...just stated their opinions is all...sometimes often yes with a Lol followed by the comment. And as far as taking potshots at someone we dont know...seems to me that some on here do know them both...I know I do or have knowledge of them. But thats neither here or there. I do however understand you fears and I pray that they catch them both ir at the very least you do hear from your daughter. The media and what little evidence they do let the public know tends to tell us she was instrumental in his escape....this is all that I know of the situation is what is reported. I pray that your daughter is ok and contact is made soon.

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 02:41 PM
I spoke with someone who knows the guy's family members at Cisco. She was told by one of his family members that he and the woman who helped him escape have dated each other in the past.

Okay Big....I understand what you are saying...but have to disagree a bit. This has crossed the line from opinions...to plain old gossip. See above....I spoke with someone who knows someone and they were told....... The thread went from this to...she did it for love...she is dumb and blind etc.

No one really knows what happened. Innocent until proven guilty. Who knows whether she had a knive or fork from lunch held ot her throat. Discuss the facts...and give your opinions fine.

I seem to recall that Gordons had problems due to current cases being discussed so heavily etc. We need to be careful that we do not cross the line between giving our opinions...and repeating what might be concidered slanderous gossip.

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 03:01 PM
saying someone did something for other reasons is an opinion...yet it stll can be gossip also...the statement used by another in saying only that they have dated in the past...now that could be gossip since that part has never been officially released to public knowledge the other part about the woman helping him escape is widely supported through media outlets...therefore thats not gossip as far as we know it!

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 03:08 PM
RogueEconomist wrote:
Gearldean wrote:

I do not find either one of these to be rumor or in reality derogatory in nature.....Love is sometimes blind ...IF he had made promise of love which we dont know for a fact but thats still not a rumor just an opinion of ones. Deaf dumb and blind is just as much an opinion and could be read in many ways to that statement.....The way I see it the addition to the orginal quote about love being blind was furtherd to include the Opinion of someone that what has been reported that she did was DUMB....and being DEAF as toi not listening to her heart when knowing right from wrong!...all these are opinions in my eyes...thats the way I see it.

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 03:30 PM
saying someone did something for other reasons is an opinion...yet it stll can be gossip also...the statement used by another in saying only that they have dated in the past...now that could be gossip since that part has never been officially released to public knowledge the other part about the woman helping him escape is widely supported through media outlets...therefore thats not gossip as far as we know it!

it is gossip no if ands or buts. The question becomes...is it slanderous? If this effects how a jury views a case down the road...yep...it was slander for sure.

Main Entry: 1gos·sip
Pronunciation: 'gä-s&p
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English gossib, from Old English godsibb, from god god + sibb kinsman, from sibb related -- more at SIB
1 a dialect British : GODPARENT b : COMPANION, CRONY c : a person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others
2 a : rumor or report of an intimate nature

I just think this is dangerous teritory. I think that people should be carefull what they say.

Gearldean
07-14-2004, 04:13 PM
RogueEconomist wrote:
Gearldean wrote:

I do not find either one of these to be rumor or in reality derogatory in nature.....Love is sometimes blind ...IF he had made promise of love which we dont know for a fact but thats still not a rumor just an opinion of ones. Deaf dumb and blind is just as much an opinion and could be read in many ways to that statement.....The way I see it the addition to the orginal quote about love being blind was furtherd to include the Opinion of someone that what has been reported that she did was DUMB....and being DEAF as toi not listening to her heart when knowing right from wrong!...all these are opinions in my eyes...thats the way I see it.
You rightly interpreted my statement, BG. It was based upon the news accounts that the guy was CHARGED with "sexual assault" of a child. It was also based upon the news report that he was assisted in the escape by the lady in question. I know neither of them nor anything about them other than what I've read in the newspapers.

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Not one news report that I have read has said anything about her helping him exscape because of LOVE. That was brought to the forum via rumor....what someone who knew someone told someone else.

Did she help him escape...looks that way...why did she? NO ONE knows. At this point it is all speculation. Could it have been fear...could that be the emotion involved? Did he threaten her or family members? No one knows.

Julie
07-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Could someone tell me what newspaper, which news media this has been reported on? I have missed all media coverage other than Microplex News. I have searched Abilene Reporter and several news stations on line and come up with nothing.

I think a lot of people just like to add anything they hear so that they can show they are "in the loop". Personally I prefer the wheels of justice to turn without benefit of hearsay and gossip. Ya never know when it might just influence someone, and that someone might be called up in the future for jury duty. I know just the other day there were several of us sitting around in a hospital waiting room discussing when we were supposed to hear reports from the operating room. Someone thought they had heard an official of the hospital tell them they would be informed about every 30 min of the patience status. However, it was actually another person sitting amongst us who had said they had been reported to every 30 min when a relative of theirs was being operated on. See how one person hears something, and doesn't actually remember where it came from but erroneously can consider it fact. Other people misinterpret what they hear, and others just flat out hear it wrong, sorta like that game we used to play as kids when we whispered something to the next person and it was passed around until it came out as something totally different than what it started out to be.

Since this is a local situation, in respect for the family of those involved in this situation, and to help out the law authorities, I would appreciate anyone who knows anything they think might be of benefit to this case (however small it is) to contact your local law enforcement agency and share it with them. Otherwise, it would be best to keep what is being said here to fact. Opinions of this case might be better discussed here at a much later date when no one would be affected by it.

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Thank you Julie.

There is an article in the Eastland Telegram.

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 05:06 PM
THEY got them at Tyler area Its on the NEWS .
THEY HAVE THEM

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 05:16 PM
gossip probably so...slanderous?...noooo...no more slanderous than we spew the stuff we do here about politicians and film makers...just cuz they are in the limelight doesnt make it any more largely a case than a local....The LOVE part could be taken in many facets...all in all I thoght it was just one persons opinion at the time and not gossip....the news media has never said they werent in Love either have they?

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 05:16 PM
DID ANYONE HEAR ME THEY FOUND THEM

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 05:18 PM
I heard you...was trying to find it on the news.....lol

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 05:19 PM
I heard you Jen.

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 05:19 PM
iT WAS ON KTAB

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 05:21 PM
what did they say?...I dont get KTAB!....lol

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 05:21 PM
WHAT WRONG WITH YOU . LOL . I LOVE KTAB ...

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 05:24 PM
I have dish and dont pick up Abilene channels at all!

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Shamn on you lol

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 05:28 PM
I heard a nasty little bit of news that some one is sending person(s) some really bad e-mails concerning this subject...and Im pretty sure that if My e-mail addy was available for anyone to have acess to I would have recieved one also....so heres your chance....whoever you are...PM me with your comments or if you prefer PM for a request for my e-mail addy if you like to say anything to me...I dont have a problem with this at all....and BTW...I am thankful they have found her safe!

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 05:40 PM
who what and when? And what is "nasty"?

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Yea I would like this info as well ! DIDn't your Mother tell you to always Share . LOL :lol: :lol:

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 06:24 PM
lol....noooooooo I cannot tell it was given to me (the info) in strictist confidence!

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Well that's not fair ! (LOL) I'm telling your mother ! (LOL)

MsFrizz
07-14-2004, 07:19 PM

Mally, I do not have to tell you where I heard anything. I would not have made something up to post. The boy's grandmother is the one who said he knew the girl and they had dated. I said nothing slanderous in this post, and I did not make anything up.

You are not the only one on this forum who is allowed to post information. Please refrain from accusing me of making up gossip.

For everyone else's information, my own feelings after finding out that these two knew each other, are that the guy probably sweet talked her into doing something that she will certainly regret. My prayers are also with her.

whocares
07-14-2004, 08:21 PM
This has crossed the line from opinions...to plain old gossip. See above....I spoke with someone who knows someone and they were told....... The thread went from this to...she did it for love...she is dumb and blind etc.

Miss Mally, no one said she is dumb and blind. Gearldean said LOVE is deaf, dumb and blind. Once again, you have taken something that someone said and twisted it around so that you can exercise your God-given right (or God-given DUTY) to criticize and correct others who have gone astray.
It seems that to incur your criticism, Gearldean and her family members don't have to say anything wrong. All they have to do is say something. Anything.

Luke 6:41 - "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? "

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 08:30 PM

Mally, I do not have to tell you where I heard anything. I would not have made something up to post. The boy's grandmother is the one who said he knew the girl and they had dated. I said nothing slanderous in this post, and I did not make anything up.

You are not the only one on this forum who is allowed to post information. Please refrain from accusing me of making up gossip.

For everyone else's information, my own feelings after finding out that these two knew each other, are that the guy probably sweet talked her into doing something that she will certainly regret. My prayers are also with her.

I didn't ask you to tell me anything Frizz...I said this was gossip. I didn't say you made anything up. I said this was gossip. And it is! Do you know for a fact that what you were told was the truth? Or are you just taking someone elses word for it?

If you didn't see it yourself...you can not testify it is true.

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 08:36 PM
This has crossed the line from opinions...to plain old gossip. See above....I spoke with someone who knows someone and they were told....... The thread went from this to...she did it for love...she is dumb and blind etc.

Miss Mally, no one said she is dumb and blind. Gearldean said LOVE is deaf, dumb and blind. Once again, you have taken something that someone said and twisted it around so that you can exercise your God-given right (or God-given DUTY) to criticize and correct others who have gone astray.
It seems that to incur your criticism, Gearldean and her family members don't have to say anything wrong. All they have to do is say something. Anything.

Luke 6:41 - "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? "

and the implication was? Based on previous posts. Come on.

I suggest everyone go back and reREAD what Julie had to say on this matter and what she requested.

curious_george
07-14-2004, 09:17 PM
I have dish and dont pick up Abilene channels at all!

Are you getting the East/West network feeds on DSS? I get ABC/NBC/FOX but not CBS because KTAB thinks I'm close enough to get their signal with an antenna or something. Consequently, I haven't seen CBS in 5-6 years.

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 09:51 PM
heck no...they wont let me get the west signals at all they say im too close to Abilene...so I get the east signals...I get all of them from the metroplex...ABC, NBC,CBS and FOX I think I pay 1 buck a month extra fro each of them!

CuriousGal
07-14-2004, 10:13 PM
This whole thread has had its own ridiculous points. People are going to have their opinions of things and as I understand it, those opinions have been based on news reports. It's natural that people form their own conclusions based on information that they hear. If humans didn't do that, they'd be considered animals who don't have the ability to process information and make conclusions.

KTAB has not updated their website but KTXS has and it's my understanding that both individuals have been found in Tyler. According to KTXS, both are in custody and both are facing escape charges. Am I besmirching the woman's reputation? No. I'm stating only what I've seen on the KTXS website and it fits with the rest of the information I've seen concerning this story. Is it possible that she went unwillingly? I believe that that is a possibility. However, she's in custody, safe and sound, and it's now time for the courts to deal with it all. Keep in mind that she's facing escape charges. People make mistakes and if she did make a mistake, I pray that she and her family can overcome it. That's entirely possible provided the citizens of their community allow them to overcome it. They'll probably have an easier time of working this out in the courts then they will in the court of public opinion. People tend to be so nasty about this kind of thing and I only hope that a lot of humanity abounds concerning this family.

JMHO,

CG

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 10:35 PM
reality is that a court is nothing more than a "court of opinion"...whether we like it or not!

CuriousGal
07-14-2004, 10:49 PM
reality is that a court is nothing more than a "court of opinion"...whether we like it or not!

You've got a point but I was making a point there between the court of law and the court of public opinion. They should be two entirely different things. As I see it in Eastland county, the court of law is easier to deal with and far more fair than the court of public opinion.

CG

Julie
07-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Looks like they have apprehended the fugitives, so there isn't any further need for this thread, therefore I will lock it tonight and delete it tomorrow.