PDA

View Full Version : Taffic Ticket

jenfrog81
07-07-2004, 04:49 PM
How much Does a Yeild to RIGHT AWAY Ticket Cost ? ANYONE ?

BigGunz
07-07-2004, 05:11 PM
arent the fines listed on the back of the ticket?

jenfrog81
07-07-2004, 05:12 PM
I did not look * LOL* . But I don't think they are

BigGunz
07-07-2004, 05:13 PM
ok then...roflol

jenfrog81
07-07-2004, 05:14 PM
This is my First Ticket EVER > LOL

BigGunz
07-07-2004, 05:18 PM
roflol...well make it your last one then!

jenfrog81
07-07-2004, 05:19 PM
((( You don't help you know ))) LOL :lol:

BigGunz
07-07-2004, 05:21 PM
roflol....like im Heloise or something?....yeah right...how much was it?

jenfrog81
07-07-2004, 05:22 PM
* LOL* what is Heloise???? LOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

BigGunz
07-07-2004, 05:43 PM
some lady who gives useless tips on stuff....roflol

jenfrog81
07-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh give me 15 mins to think about it more * LOL *

Anonymous
07-07-2004, 08:11 PM
you can call the police department and ask them you dont have to give your name or anything

CuriousGal
07-07-2004, 09:31 PM
As BG said, look at the back of your ticket. The fines should be listed. If you were fined for something that isn't listed, call the JP's office and they can tell you. Were you fined as such when you had your wreck? Were you cited as being at fault? If so, your insurance will probably increase dramatically but you should do everything possible to get rid of that fine. Depending on your insurance agency, you MIGHT be able to lessen the impact if you were at fault but I wouldn't bet on it. I'm not the expert on this because I've only been involved in 2 accidents that were proven by police to NOT be my fault; therefore, I wasn't cited. I just had to deal with insurance companies and that was a pain.

If you were cited as being at fault for your accident, you will probably just have to live with it and force yourself to be a better driver so that this never happens again. Sorry honey.

By the way, Heloise is a wonderful lady who was born in Waco and lives in San Antonio and she is the authority on so many things. She's written books and has been a regular contributor to Good Housekeeping magazine for many years. Check out www.heloise.com to learn more. She is truly amazing and any mother, wife, woman should listen to her.

CG

jenfrog81
07-07-2004, 10:58 PM
I just looked on my Ticket on the Back it does not say any thing ... OH you can ask everyone I know I am a great driver Just that day on that hill the sun was in the perfect spot but wrong timing . I think I will have to call the JP . Yes It did make are Insurance go higher But since we got a new car hubby only put him on there . I will have to take Defense Driving . It should help .

Anonymous
07-08-2004, 06:06 AM
Just a FYI, it seems like allot of police departments are no longer issuing a citation to who they feel is at fault in an accident even if it is obvious as in a rear end collision. It brings additional liability on the police department. I guess if someone felt like the officer was in the wrong on the judgment call as to who was and fault, then they could go after the department for their increased insurance costs. Might even win, who knows! But the departments are of the opinion of letting the insurance companies figure (fight) it out, that's what the insurance companies make the big bucks for.

Goalie
07-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Most police officers don't try to determine "fault". They investigate to see if any law was violated, and then issue citations accordingly. "Fault" is something for the insurance companies or courts to determine.
As for the fine for Failure to Yield Right of Way, Jen, your best bet is to call or contact the court where the charge was filed. They can let you know exactly what it will cost you.

Docmom
07-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Jenn, You can take defensive driving on the internet now.

jenfrog81
07-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Really wow ... Where at (Website) ?

Anonymous
07-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Most police officers don't try to determine "fault". They investigate to see if any law was violated, and then issue citations accordingly. "Fault" is something for the insurance companies or courts to determine.
As for the fine for Failure to Yield Right of Way, Jen, your best bet is to call or contact the court where the charge was filed. They can let you know exactly what it will cost you.

Well it's kina one and the same. If a driver is issued a citation during the investigation of an accident then the officer is going on record as saying he/she believes said driver violated some traffic law. Traffic laws are in place for just this purpose, for driver safety and to avoid traffic accidents, plus the income to the city or county is not a bad thing :D
Anyway, by issuing the citation the officer is saying that the driver of that vehicle violated a traffic law an contributed (fault) to the accident. You do not have to be a 100% contributor to an accident and for any percent you are found to be responsible for, that amount can be taken away from any settlement you receive from insurance. On the accident form, in the description field of the accident usually the driver information listed first is considered to be the main contributor to the accident. So if the officer issues a citation and list the driver first on the form seems to me like he/she is in fact formally finding fault with one driver over the other. And you know the insurance company will use the fact one driver was issued a citation against the other insurance company if a fight over fault comes into play.

Ok, i'm done splitting hairs :lol:

wdagmz
07-12-2004, 10:54 AM
I got a speeding ticket on july 4th and the paper they gave me with it lists right of way violation $135. Hope this helps.

BigGunz
07-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks I think Jen will aprreciate that very much...but since you have shown a desire to help her by posting that bit of information here...you could be even more assistance if you would pay her fine also!....roflol...j/k

jenfrog81
07-12-2004, 05:54 PM
That's True . I went to the Judge today it was $125.00

Gearldean
07-12-2004, 06:26 PM
Thanks I think Jen will aprreciate that very much...but since you have shown a desire to help her by posting that bit of information here...you could be even more assistance if you would pay her fine also!....roflol...j/k
I disagree with ya, BG. If someone pays the fine FOR her, she won't remember the lesson quite as well. She might do the same thing again with devastating results; like death.

jenfrog81
07-12-2004, 06:28 PM
MMMMM.....I found out today that you can Rent a Ddefense Tape and watch it at home and then call this 800 number and they give you a test over the phone ? Instead of going to a class .