PDA

View Full Version : Childhood Fun!

Girlie
07-09-2004, 10:53 PM
My kids are in a bedroom ... they have drug out every blanket from the closet, ripped them all off the beds, and taken all the chairs from the dining table and they are making "tents" !!!

They always have so much fun together doing crazy childhood things like this!

They play cards together ... board games, puzzles, etc ... but on weekends, they think it is so cool to stay up late with me and do crazy fun things like ... MAKE TENTS !!! LOL

BigGunz
07-09-2004, 10:55 PM
roflol...ahhhhhhhhh the good old days....I might just go make a tent right now and watch TV.....lol

Girlie
07-09-2004, 10:59 PM
They are having a few technical difficulties with the baby ... he is ripping them down as fast as they can build them !!!! LOL

BigGunz
07-09-2004, 11:00 PM
roflol...but I bet they are having fun still!

Girlie
07-09-2004, 11:03 PM
It's wild and crazy at our place tonight, lol !!!

BigGunz
07-09-2004, 11:04 PM
LOL...I bet it is!

spy
07-09-2004, 11:26 PM
My brother and his friend does this all the time! It's fine as long as they don't block any exits or use my blankets. They're very messy. Dirty boys.

Miss Mally
07-10-2004, 12:45 AM
my kids do this too. They aren't just satified with the covers off the beds though...they must get out all my clean sheets. Very inventive they are....they have early on learned what duck tape is for....chairs aren't enough...they must attach the sheets to the dresser and door knobs and wall and ceiling fan. We must have tent cities.

grrrrrr and then we must rewash all the sheets that are now dirty. I hate folding sheets.

Girlie
07-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Well, it seems that not only are we very similar in things, but so are our children. My kids have one bedroom (that is quite large) covered in blankets and sheets ... They each have their own "room" ... for instance, my 8 year old has a "Cheetah" room cuz she used her cheetah sheet, lol ... they used the bunk beds, the dressers, the tv, the fan ... and there is absolutely NO WAY for me to walk through the room. I'm gonna have to crawl. They did not use tape though. They used hair ribbons !!! LOL

Rhiannon
07-10-2004, 12:07 PM
I used to build tents in my living room when I was a kid! I had so much fun doing that.

sage
07-10-2004, 02:20 PM
my 4 yr old makes hide outs with her sheets and my towels

Pond
07-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Remember all these fun things when you are grandparents ..it will never stop being fun for kids to make tents out of sheets ... I have had many tents in my house ..

Miss Mally
07-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Well, it seems that not only are we very similar in things, but so are our children. My kids have one bedroom (that is quite large) covered in blankets and sheets ... They each have their own "room" ... for instance, my 8 year old has a "Cheetah" room cuz she used her cheetah sheet, lol ... they used the bunk beds, the dressers, the tv, the fan ... and there is absolutely NO WAY for me to walk through the room. I'm gonna have to crawl. They did not use tape though. They used hair ribbons !!! LOL

oh yeah...hair clips, ribbons, shoe strings...knots in all the sheet corners...my girls have even used panty hose before to tie things together.

Rhiannon
07-10-2004, 11:53 PM
When I was little, I made alot of mud pies. My kids think thats just gross! lol

Girlie
07-10-2004, 11:55 PM
I made them, cut them, and served them. Little sister ate them, hahaha.

Rhiannon
07-10-2004, 11:59 PM
Never had anybody actually eat them! My dad would pretend too. I spent hours making them!

krispy
07-12-2004, 08:41 AM
When I was younger my brother and I would do this ALL the time! And every once in awhile we would go all out and try to make them outside with the trees....yeah that defiantely made my mom mad! Talk about dirty sheets.....oh and acouple rips and tears as well!! But now my bubby is movin to college and I'ma gonna be a senior :(!!! I think we should stick to building tents!

Lol. Yeah RIGHT!