PDA

View Full Version : "Ammo" for gun control arguments

DrDon
07-11-2004, 08:07 AM
Second Amendment supporters, next time you're in a discussion with those who back gun control, show them this...

Ten years after it became legal to carry a concealed weapon in Arizona with a permit, proponents say the law has been an absolute success, increasing self-defense options for law-abiding adults without a consequential increase in crime.

While law enforcement officials still keep a close eye on the process and opponents continue to fight attempts to ease requirements to get the permits, there are no real data to suggest the program has led to more gun crime.

Since the state Department of Public Safety began taking applications for the permits in July 1994, more than 120,000 have been issued.

Read the whole thing at:http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/dailystar/29510.php.

BigGunz
07-11-2004, 12:35 PM
This really doesnt have anything to do with Gun control...but does have something to do with Guns so i want to tell this little story on myself.....lol If anyone knows me or has ever seen me i can and am usually at first sight viewed as being a "unsavory" character...go figure....lol...anyways...In early 2000 in Corpus Christi while I was visiting with friends I had attended a gun show and purchased a weapon from a dealer (one of several 45's I owned) this was early in the day. I had placed the gun and its box under my seat of the truck and placed the ammo I had bought in the tool box of my truck keeping them seperate. The day had progressed and the evening a flown by so quickly that before I knew it I was well into the early morning hours of the following day (approx 3:00 am). I was traveling back to the place I was staying when I came upon a Police checkpoint for saturday night DWI's.....lol....after being waved over by the officers....they approached the vehicle asked to see my license and insurance and called it in...of course nothing as far as addresses matched and soon found myself under a barrage of questions as to why I was here and what was I doing etc etc. After about 5 or so minutes they had me exit the vehicle...then asked the customary questions as about dope weapons and such....when it came to the weapons question I remembered what I had.....lol...and I told them without hesitation...this confession sent the officers into sure tactical response guns drawn on focused on me with intent....lol....I was told to follow instructions and I assumed the felony prone position all by myself as I have seen it enough on the show Cops....lol...I was searched, handcuffed andset to the side...as a complete search of my vehicle was completed. To make a long story shorter than this overly abundant post has been...approximately 1 1/2 hours later I was let go. I had the reciept for the weapon and did have the ammo in a secure place and not together. I was lectured by the officers but at the same time we were laughing together by the end of the ordeal. I wasnt scared of the situation it was just one of those things you will never forget!

DrDon
07-11-2004, 03:18 PM
That's quite a story, BG! Thanks for sharing it.