PDA

View Full Version : Harsh foul language...do not read if easily offended!

BigGunz
07-11-2004, 12:46 PM
I think it is time to list the word or words you personally find offensive and should never be used on this message board. before anyone reads any further take heed that what you might see here may offend you and remember that you have been warned about it. if you do not wish to use the entire word and substitute it with astericks or such please do so. maybe we can get Julie to look at this and incorpoarte a filter to exclude these words permanantly. Again...be warned of the potential offenses you may see!

ive_lost_my_knives_in_you
07-11-2004, 12:50 PM
im not offended by any words except the ones that take the Lords name in vain thats all that bothers me i hear and use "dirty" words on a daily basis so foul language doesnt offend me as much as some older folks

BigGunz
07-11-2004, 12:55 PM
I am not easily offended at all but I do draw a line at the use of some words in public and on public domains:

here are the words I think are not warranted for use:

The taking of the lords name in vain....never ever do i use this at anytime even in my private life....no need to asterick this one everyone knows what words im talking about here!

the F word or any combination of it....Im not offended by the use of this word in private sector but its not appropiate here or in the presence of ladies and children.

the S word...not that i find it offensive its just that there are many other words that can get this same response out.

any word that is extreme use of a slang term for male or female genitalia. by extreme I mean really extreme vulgar

Girlie
07-11-2004, 01:09 PM
I guess I can start this off ... The words that really truly honestly and deeply offend me have never been written on this forum and I will not write them now. They are those words used to describe male and female anatomy (you can imagine!) .... and also the words used to describe the actions that those body parts do!

I don't like the other words deemed cuss words, but if someone chooses to use them, I can ignore them, and I don't have to keep company of those that choose to use those words on a regular basis, but I don't mind the "once in awhile" use of a word for emphasis purposes ...

Ok ... so now that you know where I stand ... just because you asked.

(and as long as it has taken me to get this post completed, someone could have posted before me, so ignore that "I guess I can start this off" thing at the top if that's the case! haha)

Pond
07-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Glad you started it off Girlie .I know what offends me but I will think about how to put the words in that are setting on the fence ...Later ..

Girlie
07-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Pond, you are very wise. I look forward to what you have to say.

I don't like the Lord's name taken in vain either. I just assumed that everyone would consider that "cussing" by my post, but just to clarify ...

I do not keep company with anyone who cusses (uses any profaine language) but others have a right to speak however they wish to and I can either listen to it or not.

The phone rang Pond ... but when I started typing, no one had posted, hahaha ... and I figured someone would have beat me to it since I gabbed for so long! lol

Rhiannon
07-11-2004, 09:39 PM
I don't find too many words offensive, depends on the use of the word. I have never been offeneded by any word used here.

BigGunz
07-11-2004, 10:01 PM
I agree with that...and even though words dont bother me there are some I wouldnt use anyways here.

Rhiannon
07-11-2004, 10:10 PM
I agree with that...and even though words dont bother me there are some I wouldnt use anyways here.

What is acceptable to one is not to another! You can't please everybody. Words that I hear everyday from farmers I wouldn't use here! lol

BigGunz
07-11-2004, 10:13 PM
roflol......I know thats right.....you know it might be easier to list words here that are acceptable to MOST...I know some words will not be viewed by some as acceptable...but just like Tv you can turn it off and here you have the option of not reading it!

krispy
07-12-2004, 08:31 AM
I don't like the word moist *shudders*
Or the word cru$ty *pukes*

Gearldean
07-12-2004, 09:05 AM
There are a lot of words that I find offensive but the action word "bitch" isn't one of them. I bitch about a lot of things and I don't mind someone making that observation about me. :lol:

Miss Mally
07-12-2004, 10:07 AM
yep...she is barking like a female dog in heat just doesn't have the same feel to it does it? Not offensive at all. lol

Gearldean
07-12-2004, 10:14 AM
:shock: :roll:

Pond
07-12-2004, 12:39 PM
yep...she is barking like a female dog in heat just doesn't have the same feel to it does it? Not offensive at all. lol

A Bitch is a female cannie esp: a female dog
Or it could be a Malicious,spiteful and domineering woman ....

Now does everything have to be heat to get attention ?

NOW, I don`t like the word myself and do not use it and I believe no one has been called either of those on here.
Now if you want to know what an ASS is, I could say what I think it is . :)

curious_george
07-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Beast of burden?

Gearldean
07-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Beast of burden?
I'd rather be the beast than the burden. :D

Miss Mally
07-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Bitches that short-cycle should have periodic white blood counts, and possibly mibolerone treatment (formerly 'Cheque Drops') to monitor for the development of pyometra and to limit ongoing endometrial damage.

CULTURE, SENSITIVITY, AND WHITE BLOOD COUNT
No matter how clean the environment, there will be a continual supply of bacteria (mostly of fecal origin), present where the bitch sits. Every time she has a heat, her cervix opens and bacteria can move into the uterus. In humans, upright posture and gravity tend to work against infections ascending from the external genitalia. Dogs don’t have this asset. If ‘vaginitis’ (an infection in the vagina) is present and fairly well established in the bitch when her cervix opens, the infection may gain entry to the uterus where it may become an ‘endometritis’ or a ‘pyometritis’. An endometritis is an inflamed uterus, and a pyometritis is the condition of frank pus in the uterus.............................

First, as for a pet bitch, a pet male should not be bred and for all the same reasons. If he is not to be bred, he should be altered. He should be altered to reduce the chance for testicular or prostrate cancer. He should be altered to prevent him from being upset and stressed if a neighborhood bitch is around. A male will smell this from far away! He should be altered so that he will never be responsible for a litter when someone is careless, leaves the door open and he's off to mate with that bitch! HE won't care that he's been altered, he'll be much happier and more content without the stress of overactive hormones that should never be satisfied.

just showing that it is a breeding term really.

In this context...the word is not offensive. :)

curious_george
07-12-2004, 01:26 PM
If some are offended by bitch, might we consider substituting "skank ho" instead?

curious_george
07-12-2004, 01:28 PM
...HE won't care that he's been altered, he'll be much happier and more content without the stress of overactive hormones that should never be satisfied...

I can confirm this.

Miss Mally
07-12-2004, 01:29 PM
...HE won't care that he's been altered, he'll be much happier and more content without the stress of overactive hormones that should never be satisfied...

I can confirm this.

More info than we needed to know. hahahahahahaha

Pond
07-12-2004, 01:31 PM
AMASING ! I think I need a padded room ...rofl

curious_george
07-12-2004, 01:31 PM
I'm just trying to contribute to the dialogue...

curious_george
07-12-2004, 01:32 PM
AMASING ! I think I need a padded room ...rofl

This is the padded room!

Miss Mally
07-12-2004, 01:36 PM
it is the rabbit hole.... lol

this is what one sight I read had to say about foul language...I just can't help but wonder which of the three catigories the web sight falls under, warning, enhancement or embellishment. hahahahahhaa

Certain "gutter" words are reserved for three reasons:

As a warning/prelude to physical conflict
As an enhancement to sexual pleasure
As an "embellishment" to camaraderie
between members of the same sex .

Gearldean
07-12-2004, 02:16 PM
ALL that just cause I said M & M wouldn't have anything to bitch about! WELL! Mally, you're the biggest bitcher of all! :lol:

I thought you said you were going to have more important things to do for the next few days! Guess you must rate me pretty highly to spend time bitchin at me when ya could be spending your time with Snakechili! :lol:

Miss Mally
07-12-2004, 02:32 PM
ALL that just cause I said M & M wouldn't have anything to bitch about! WELL! Mally, you're the biggest bitcher of all! :lol:

I thought you said you were going to have more important things to do for the next few days! Guess you must rate me pretty highly to spend time bitchin at me when ya could be spending your time with Snakechili! :lol:

snakechili is welding today. He is home...will be working all day...though. :)

I did get to go have lunch with him at Jammerman's ummm ummm good barbque.

I doubt hubby gets home till dark.

I ain't no dog gd. You want to wear that name proudly...go right aheah.

Girlie
07-12-2004, 02:38 PM
If some are offended by bitch, might we consider substituting "skank ho" instead?

ROFLOL!!!!!! You never let us down, george !!!

Gearldean
07-12-2004, 02:51 PM
...I ain't no dog gd. You want to wear that name proudly...go right aheah.
Didn't say ya were! Just said you bitched. What are you doin on this thread, anyway? You have your definition and I have mine. I don't accept yours and you don't accept mine. I'm not gonna change my mind and you're not gonna change your mind.

What REALLY confuses me about the offensive words is that you seem to have so much information about them. It almost seems like you have an obsession for foul language. :lol:

Miss Mally
07-12-2004, 03:00 PM
...I ain't no dog gd. You want to wear that name proudly...go right aheah.
Didn't say ya were! Just said you bitched. What are you doin on this thread, anyway? You have your definition and I have mine. I don't accept yours and you don't accept mine. I'm not gonna change my mind and you're not gonna change your mind.

What REALLY confuses me about the offensive words is that you seem to have so much information about them. It almost seems like you have an obsession for foul language. :lol:

Why do you care? Why does it matter where I read or post? I didn't come on this thread and address you Gd. Is it some kinda of skin off your nose how I feel one way or the other? I ain't trying to change your mind....No...i think you have show yourself. I will point out your filth as I would anyone elses. Most folks that slip up...have the self respect, the dignaty and the morality, to work at conducting themselves in a mannor showing their breeding. If you want to talk like trailer trash...go right ahead. I think it is a shame...and I have the right to say so. I think it sets a poor example...and have the right to say so.

It is simply a matter of consideration for the people around you, particularly in public or a gathering of people who may consist of those who would find such words offensive. You want to preach to me about consideration all the time....YOU POT! POT POT POT! hahahahahah...now..was that name calling? Shame on me.

By their words you will know them.

Miss Mally
07-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Bill had tried to be particularly careful about his language as he played golf with his preacher. But on the twelfth hole, when he twice failed to hit out of a sand trap, he lost his resolve and let fly with a string of expletives.

The preacher felt obliged to respond. "I have observed," said he in a calm voice, "that the best golfers do not use foul language."

"I guess not," said Bill, "what do they have to cuss about?"

Gearldean
07-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Why do you care? Why does it matter where I read or post? I didn't come on this thread and address you Gd. Is it some kinda of skin off your nose how I feel one way or the other? I ain't trying to change your mind....No...i think you have show yourself. I will point out your filth as I would anyone elses. Most folks that slip up...have the self respect, the dignaty and the morality, to work at conducting themselves in a mannor showing their breeding. If you want to talk like trailer trash...go right ahead. I think it is a shame...and I have the right to say so. I think it sets a poor example...and have the right to say so.

It is simply a matter of consideration for the people around you, particularly in public or a gathering of people who may consist of those who would find such words offensive. You want to preach to me about consideration all the time....YOU POT! POT POT POT! hahahahahah...now..was that name calling? Shame on me.

By their words you will know them.
Oh, I don't have a problem with you being here at all! Just wondered why you WOULD be since you find foul language to be offensive.

If I had slipped up, I might have a different view but I didn't.

Are you absolutely certain you didn't come here to address me? The first post you made on the topic seemed to be addressed to me. "yep...she is barking like a female dog in heat just doesn't have the same feel to it does it? Not offensive at all. lol". The second post you made was an explanation of your version of the origin of the word. Somehow, I just got the idea you were addressing me! Sorry if I was wrong!

Mally, if you've seen "filth" coming from ME, I gotta wonder about your ability to deal with reality.

Trailer trash, huh? Well, just remember that actions speak louder than words. :lol:

Pond
07-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Are trashmen ...trailer trash ?
If you pick up trash along the highway ...does that make you trailer trash ?
If you live in a trailer ..does that make you trailer trash ?
If cooks are cooks then it must be so ! :)

But I didn`t say it was !
I read it on the spin from someone that is setting examples... that we should follow... I think I will beat my own path in life ...and if people were wise they would question that thought ..

krispy
07-12-2004, 05:45 PM
I am offended by the following words:
*sorry to those of you who are offended by repitition*

moist
crusty
crap
booger
turd
"bull butter"
grease
slimy
mole
clump
friction
frickin'
freakin'
cow
slut ( prefer skank biscuit ) *don't ask....(me) anyway...ask Icktoose
anything with too many exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANYTHING IN CAPS LOCK
*nothing you have to say on the internet is that exiting, I promise!!!

LOVE YA....btw...please don't take me too seriously...in case you haven't already figured it out.....I mean no harm AND I am 16 so I do what I want.

Anonymous
07-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Mally...I really don't have time right now to post to this thread..but...I can't read you continually without feeling very sorry for you.
I have never met anyone (and I haven't met you...just read your posts) who knows everything, speaks for everyone, is the ultimate authority on everything..and presumes to know what everone is feeling....truly amazing...
You are welcome to blast me...but I am going to continue to pray for you.

How you address people...and the "love" you have exhibited towards Gearldean...and many others here...certainly doesn't bring to mind for me......the love that Jesus exhibitted...

Cheers,
Babe 8)

BigGunz
07-12-2004, 05:58 PM
roflol @ Krispy...hahahaha....I love it!

Rhiannon
07-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Mally...I really don't have time right now to post to this thread..but...I can't read you continually without feeling very sorry for you.
I have never met anyone (and I haven't met you...just read your posts) who knows everything, speaks for everyone, is the ultimate authority on everything..and presumes to know what everone is feeling....truly amazing...

How you address people...and the "love" you have exhibited towards Gearldean...and many others here...certainly doesn't bring to mind for me......the love that Jesus exhibitted...

Cheers,
Babe 8)

Very well said Babe!

Miss Mally
07-12-2004, 06:03 PM
I am offended by the following words:

moist
crusty
crap
booger
turd
"bull butter"
grease
slimy
mole
clump
friction
frickin'
freakin'
cow
slut ( prefer skank biscuit ) *don't ask....(me) anyway...ask Icktoose
anything with too many exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANYTHING IN CAPS LOCK
*nothing you have to say on the internet is that exiting, I promise!!!

LOVE YA....btw...please don't take me too seriously...in case you haven't already figured it out.....I mean no harm AND I am 16 so I do what I want.

Krispy....you are cute! I don't like these words either...most are gross. lol

But I do have to say...I like my brownies moist. I hate that this offends....please forgive. I have decided to no longer like moist brownies but...to say I like damp brownies. Hope this helps. :D

Miss Mally
07-12-2004, 06:06 PM

Cheers,
Babe 8)

Haven't you read my birth Tree. I fell out of a Walnut Tree!!! :D

Thanks for the prayers. I need them....and always welcome prayers.

whocares
07-12-2004, 06:08 PM
...No...i think you have show yourself. I will point out your filth as I would anyone elses.

Dayum, girl! I thought you said you never condemn others. I suppose that what you said to Gearldean is constructive criticism?

Get a grip on reality, Mally. All this crap started because you accused Gearldean of calling Miraculous Mutha a bitch. She didn't. You were wrong. And you're wrong now for pointing out her "filth". She used commonly used slang to convey her thought that M&M would find some way to "complain" about whatever the Bushes do. When you complain, you're "bitching", whether you like it or not.

As I said, get over it.

Miss Mally
07-12-2004, 06:53 PM
...No...i think you have show yourself. I will point out your filth as I would anyone elses.

Dayum, girl! I thought you said you never condemn others. I suppose that what you said to Gearldean is constructive criticism?

Get a grip on reality, Mally. All this crap started because you accused Gearldean of calling Miraculous Mutha a bitch. She didn't. You were wrong. And you're wrong now for pointing out her "filth". She used commonly used slang to convey her thought that M&M would find some way to "complain" about whatever the Bushes do. When you complain, you're "bitching", whether you like it or not.

As I said, get over it.

What have I condemned her to? Complaining is...complaining. ;)

whocares
07-12-2004, 08:26 PM
You're the expert on words.

con·demn ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-dm)
tr.v. con·demned, con·demn·ing, con·demns
To express strong disapproval of: condemned the needless waste of food.
To pronounce judgment against; sentence: condemned the felons to prison.
To judge or declare to be unfit for use or consumption, usually by official order: condemn an old building.
To lend credence to or provide evidence for an adverse judgment against: were condemned by their actions.
Law. To appropriate (property) for public use.

Now, you tell me if you have condemned her. Just as there is more than one way to use "condemn", there is more than one way to use "bitch".

curious_george
07-12-2004, 08:27 PM
...You have your definition and I have mine. I don't accept yours and you don't accept mine. I'm not gonna change my mind and you're not gonna change your mind...

Now that could be a song!

Rhiannon
07-12-2004, 08:37 PM
...You have your definition and I have mine. I don't accept yours and you don't accept mine. I'm not gonna change my mind and you're not gonna change your mind...

It could! You getta line and I'll getta pole! LOL

curious_george
07-12-2004, 08:44 PM

You have your definition and I have mine honey.
I don't accept yours and you don't accept mine babe.
I'm not gonna change my mind and you're not gonna change your mind.
You have your definition and I have mine honey, sugar, baby, mine.

Pond
07-12-2004, 08:47 PM
:lol:

Rhiannon
07-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Aren't you clever George!

curious_george
07-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Aren't you clever George!
No not really, I just purloined your idea...

Miss Mally
07-12-2004, 08:51 PM
You're the expert on words.

con·demn ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-dm)
tr.v. con·demned, con·demn·ing, con·demns
To express strong disapproval of: condemned the needless waste of food.
To pronounce judgment against; sentence: condemned the felons to prison.
To judge or declare to be unfit for use or consumption, usually by official order: condemn an old building.
To lend credence to or provide evidence for an adverse judgment against: were condemned by their actions.
Law. To appropriate (property) for public use.

Did I express strong disapproval of the use of that word. YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!

Have you by the same token condemned me? and so your point is? We all have our opinions.

krispy
07-12-2004, 09:19 PM
I don't like the word or phrase "sup"
It can be interpreted it too many ways, and often causes unneccessary controversy. I also don't like the word unneccessary because I have no clue how to spell it.

THANKS.

Julie please ban these words also.

by the way...damp is gross.

you can just say good brownies and I will get the point ;)
but I think brownies are illegal in the united states anyways....so you shouldn't be doing that mally...unless you live in canada.

Miss Mally
07-12-2004, 09:22 PM
I don't like the word or phrase "sup"
It can be interpreted it too many ways, and often causes unneccessary controversy. I also don't like the word unneccessary because I have no clue how to spell it.

THANKS.

Julie please ban these words also.

by the way...damp is gross.

you can just say good brownies and I will get the point ;)
but I think brownies are illegal in the united states anyways....so you shouldn't be doing that mally...unless you live in canada.

Boy there is no pleasing you! hahahahahahahha

brownies are only illegal if you overindulge or if you are severly obese. Then they fall under the suicide laws....otherwise...it is eat and enjoy. ;)

Girlie
07-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Would they be illegal if you put a box of exlax in them? Heard some people pulling that "trick" years ago.

BigGunz
07-12-2004, 09:26 PM
roflol.......hahahahaha...I dont think she is referring to "ordinary" brownies here!....I may be wrong but Im thinking these brownies in Canada have and extra added herb in it!......roflol

krispy
07-12-2004, 09:29 PM
aha! biggunz thinks like me...a mere teen! the rest of you are too wise to understand youth!

JK!

Miss Mally
07-12-2004, 09:32 PM
roflol.......hahahahaha...I dont think she is referring to "ordinary" brownies here!....I may be wrong but Im thinking these brownies in Canada have and extra added herb in it!......roflol

Ewwwwww....oregano???????

BigGunz
07-12-2004, 09:33 PM
hey wait a minute!.....is that an insult?...referring that Im not wise?.....cool.....roflol....j/k

Girlie
07-12-2004, 09:34 PM

I'm innocent and would never know what you are talking about, much less tell about it on a message board! Geez!

BigGunz
07-12-2004, 09:36 PM
Im a 70's teen......things havent changed with todays times...I dont make or eat them...geeze......lol

Girlie
07-12-2004, 09:38 PM
haha, well I was an 80's teen ... and you're right, some things don't change much, like ... brownies.

Pond
07-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Everything I need to learn ..I sure didn`t learn in kindergarden.. I learned here on the spin ..

BigGunz
07-13-2004, 06:12 AM
oh no you have been educated by the Spin?.....thats not right!....roflol

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 09:56 AM
I tell you what that Judge I saw yesterday * She was like this Dog in a Cage ready for her Meat ** HAHAH* SOrry I Had to put that . Sorry LOLOLLOLOLOL * it just fit this Topic if you get what I 'm saying . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous
07-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Not easily offended.

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 08:41 PM
That's good . LOL

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Gd...this is addressed to you. I wasn't going to address this on Georges thread...as it really wasn't appropriate there. I never said you WERE trailer trash....I said if you wanted to talk like trailer trash. And I most certainly never said a word about your family Gd. You brought them into this...both figuratively and literally.

You know...we appaud Bill Cosby for standing up to his own people and telling them...that the language they use is harmfull to their cause, to their children....but we can't take a look at our own problems objectively. It is BAD for the Blacks to use slang...but we are not offended by it from whites????????? Bout time someone like Cosby takes a stand on the issue when it involves the black community....but we don't have that same problem in ours? hahahahaha

I just don't understand wanting to promote (and that is what it is...if you except it...you promote it) foul language in our own community here.

By the standard shown here....Bill Cosby should have minded his own business...I am sure lots of blacks felt that way.

The double standard makes me think webpecker was right on the News forum. ;)

Gearldean
07-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Gd...this is addressed to you. I wasn't going to address this on Georges thread...as it really wasn't appropriate there. I never said you WERE trailer trash....I said if you wanted to talk like trailer trash. And I most certainly never said a word about your family Gd. You brought them into this...both figuratively and literally.

I am honored! :lol:

You know...we appaud Bill Cosby for standing up to his own people and telling them...that the language they use is harmfull to their cause, to their children....but we can't take a look at our own problems objectively. It is BAD for the Blacks to use slang...but we are not offended by it from whites????????? Bout time someone like Cosby takes a stand on the issue when it involves the black community....but we don't have that same problem in ours? hahahahaha

Well, if you'll keep reminding me, I might learn to speak without using all that gutter language that peppers my posts. :lol:

I just don't understand wanting to promote (and that is what it is...if you except it...you promote it) foul language in our own community here.

Now, Mally, you seem to be talkin out of both sides of your mouth with this statement. :lol:

By the standard shown here....Bill Cosby should have minded his own business...I am sure lots of blacks felt that way.

To sum up my thoughts on the matter:

"Me, oh my! If the apple of your eye
Don't think your real Jim Dandy
Take my advice and put it on ice
Tell her lies and feed her candy!" :lol:

whocares
07-14-2004, 11:21 AM
If Gearldean says "bitching", that's calling someone a bitch.
But if MissMally says "talking like trailer trash", that isn't calling someone trailer trash.
Is there a double standard there?

It's obvious that if Gearldean opens her mouth or types something, no matter what, MissMally will find fault with it. And vice-versa.

Anonymous
07-14-2004, 11:32 AM
I think certain people choose thier wording carefully so that way they can go back later and say I did not call you that, I merely said calling what you said as ignorant or trashy, whatever the case may be. That way they are still in a way calling the person ignorant or trashy BUT thier wording says otherwise and they'll quote it so nobody can argue with them about it, and they supposedly look innocent.
I do agree with whocares.

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 11:34 AM
HEHEHEHEH ( STAND UP PROUD AND STONG * I'm trashy so ..I'm Proud of it .. LOL ( sorry ) LOL ......(((((( AND I'm JOKING ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 12:29 PM
roflol @ jen...your CRAAAAAAAAAZY!

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 01:38 PM
But if MissMally says "talking like trailer trash", that isn't calling someone trailer trash.

It's obvious that if Gearldean opens her mouth or types something, no matter what, MissMally will find fault with it. And vice-versa.

Well...you can talk like a black person and that don't make you black.

Sometimes Whocares...there are recognizable barbs and there are those that ain't. There is a history here...Gd knew exactly what she was starting and she picked the wording she used on purpose....she knew when she wrote it what I would think. Sometimes....she and I both just like stirring the pot.

and there are some that would disagree with the fact that I am carefull about my wording. Most of what I write is off the cuff...fly by the seat of my pants. I don't even proof it before I post it. There are always implications.

Anonymous
07-14-2004, 02:35 PM
8)

Gearldean
07-14-2004, 02:54 PM

Sometimes Whocares...there are recognizable barbs and there are those that ain't. There is a history here...Gd knew exactly what she was starting and she picked the wording she used on purpose....she knew when she wrote it what I would think. Sometimes....she and I both just like stirring the pot...
Actually, I just chose to laugh about the whole thing. I still don't know what you really think nor is it all that important to me what you think. What IS important to me is what I think of myself. I was raised in a decent home and my parents and teachers taught me that kindness to others is one of the most important aspects to one's character. I don't think the occasional use of a slang word or a mild expletive determines my character nor does it contribute to the downfall of others. I don't think God's gonna close the Pearly Gates when I arrive, either! :lol:

I won't comment on the first line of your post. However, I will comment about your use of the word "ain't". According to my teachers, that word is slang. :lol:

Anonymous
07-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Bingo Babe, thanks for putting what I was thinking into words.

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 03:11 PM
You know what....I have known Gearldean...for over a year now...and I don't seem to have any problems getting along with her. I have certainly found her to be straight forward, you don't have to go around trying to figure out what it is that she said.

As for the Bill Cosby issue..and applauding his stance within his community...yes...we have applauded his stance...

The difference....as I see it...if you are trying to compare yourself (and your position as the ultimate moral/emotional/political/etc. ad infinitum...authority on everything) to Cosby is...he is respected by his community. He has shown by example....what it is to be a good father and husband...to be a good leader for his community...how not to step down to the gutter level...and managed to have a fulfilling life...which has brought tremendous laughter and joy to all communities ...not just his own.

As for you writing off the cuff, maybe it would behoove you to show a bit of restraint...and write down what you think and before you post it here...read over it repeatedly...then decide if it is what you truly wish to say...and it if it truly representative of what you wish others to see in you.

As for your postings here....it is obvious...that you are an intelligent woman, who is conservative...and outspoken....all of these traits I find very admirable in anyone, but it is in your presentation that you come across as a vindictive, self-righteous, holier-than-thou individual.

It is my humble opinion...we are better to lift one another up...rather than to tear each other down.

Babe 8)

Babe...i have known Gd too. And yes...she can be all those things you say...and yes she is human and eres as well. I am glad you are her friend.

I am not compairing myself to Cosby...I just used him as an example of the double standard. So....am I to gather...you think I am right...you just don't want to agree with it because you don't view me as respected? I rather think that depends on who you talk to. You don't have to like me Babe. I don't post here to make people like me. This is not a place for a popularity contest.

I have opinions...and if they are holier than thou opinions...so be it. See Babe...I been on the other side of the street....in fact I go there still at times...for I am not perfect either. There ain't a word been said on this board that I haven't said. Wanna talk sex...wanna talk teen pregn. been there done that too. I take a hard line view of most of this stuff....cause I done been in the gutter with it.

Do I have alot of self esteem (what ever that is suppose to be) or am I arrogant (and the difference is in presentation right?) Yep. I am. Do I think I am better than some...you better believe I do. Anyone who doesn't think they are better than someone else is lying or has such a low opinion of themselves as to be a danger. You better think you are better than something...or you will allow yourself to wallow in the pig pig.

If I wanted to proof what I had written Babe...i would write a book instead of posting on here. I am blunt, upfront...yes in your face and honest. Some people don't like that. Well....in my opinion...way to many people want to be PC about all this...because it has little to do with what is right or wrong....it is all about who is the one saying it....it is about who side we want to be on...etc. See....Babe...I don't work that way. Guess that is why I am "willful"....I will tell Big, or George or Girlie the same and have done so. I have called Cg down on language....as have i Jenfrogs. By the same token....I have defended these people as well. It goes on and on with Gd...because she takes a pot shot in every thread. She never lets it go. Others...move on...they cut up and kid about other things....they are thick skinned...which is par for the course.
See Babe...I don't play favorites...I don't sit around and decide who can be part of my clique....and don't wear blinders for my friends errors. That does make me a hard person at times. But you always always know where you stand with me Babe. it don't change from day to day or month to month.

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 03:13 PM
****MMMMMM******** Has anyone See my Brain it kinda looks like Jello and moves when you poke at it ... LOL

Anonymous
07-14-2004, 03:13 PM
And to think, not to long ago, it was me doing all this arguing.

However, I do feel this does explain alot

Jealust wrote:

I think certain people choose thier wording carefully so that way they can go back later and say I did not call you that, I merely said calling what you said as ignorant or trashy, whatever the case may be. That way they are still in a way calling the person ignorant or trashy BUT thier wording says otherwise and they'll quote it so nobody can argue with them about it, and they supposedly look innocent.

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Well When I called mySElf TRASHIE I was just trying to LIGHTEN UP THE ROOM I'm joking of course . I never take anything Serious * Somethings I do .I'm the type of person I like to either Mess around or Get under People Skin ....... WHOOOOYOOOOO CRAZY TRAIN ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 03:19 PM
*shake your booty shake your booty *****Come on everyone Shake your booty Shake your Booty ... LOL :lol:

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Well When I called mySElf TRASHIE I was just trying to LIGHTEN UP THE ROOM I'm joking of course . I never take anything Serious * Somethings I do .I'm the type of person I like to either Mess around or Get under People Skin ....... WHOOOOYOOOOO CRAZY TRAIN ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

We knew what you were doing Jen. It is okay. I know you don't really want people to think you are trashy. YOu are just funny. Keep laughing for us Jen. Laugher is the best medicine. :D :lol:

Girlie
07-14-2004, 03:36 PM

You mean to tell me there is more than one "crazy train" ????

I thought it departed long ago on another thread!

Ok, well if not ... then I'm glad I have another chance to get on !!!! ROFL

krispy
07-14-2004, 03:52 PM
[quote=whocares]

You baaad. You racist.

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 03:55 PM

You mean to tell me there is more than one "crazy train" ????

I thought it departed long ago on another thread!

Ok, well if not ... then I'm glad I have another chance to get on !!!! ROFL * Well it more like Sugar High train ******* Takes you to the Sky way up high *LOL* Ticket Fee * ONE BOTTLE OF CORN SYRUP *** HEHEHEH

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 05:04 PM
[quote=whocares]

You baaad. You racist.

and this makes me racist how? hahahahahaha

Julie
07-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Whew... well I just now found this post (I'm just a little bitty bit behind on reading all the threads), and I thought... uh oh... what am I going to read on this thread. Fortunately it's just the same ol' same ol'.

Carry on. ;)

Girlie
07-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Sure makes your job easier, huh, Julie? LOL

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 05:33 PM
well Julie...same ole same ole here...but on another thread...Pond thinks someone crossed the line. I want to know...where is the line!!!!!!

I think the line just moves...depending on who you are.

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 05:33 PM
yeah Julie like I would ever stir anything here ...EVER...im apalled....roflol...now back to the trailer trash.......lol

trailer park girls go round the outside round the outside
trailer park girls go round the outside round the outside....do those lyrics ring a bell?......roflol

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 05:44 PM
A little bit of Sugar , a little bit of Spice , alittle bit of Rat's tail , alittle bit of Spider Legs a little bit of gun Powder ...mmmm mix it up and you have this room ( hahahahaahahahahah) .

MsFrizz
07-14-2004, 08:15 PM

Sometimes Whocares...there are recognizable barbs and there are those that ain't. There is a history here...Gd knew exactly what she was starting and she picked the wording she used on purpose....she knew when she wrote it what I would think. Sometimes....she and I both just like stirring the pot.

and there are some that would disagree with the fact that I am carefull about my wording. Most of what I write is off the cuff...fly by the seat of my pants. I don't even proof it before I post it. There are always implications.

Guess what, Mally! Very few really CARE WHAT YOU THINK! You are under the impression that this forum revolves around you. Gearldean wasn't aiming anything at you. It's only in your own mind. You are the one making the history, and it doesn't leave anyone a good impression of you. (So it is OK for you to "implicate" whatever you want, since you do not proofread??? HaHaHaHa

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 08:43 PM

Guess what, Mally! Very few really CARE WHAT YOU THINK! You are under the impression that this forum revolves around you. Gearldean wasn't aiming anything at you. It's only in your own mind. You are the one making the history, and it doesn't leave anyone a good impression of you. (So it is OK for you to "implicate" whatever you want, since you do not proofread??? HaHaHaHa

Oh Frizz...haven't you figured out...I don't come on here and post because I think people care what I think. Frizz everyone is not as blind as you think. :)

Julie
07-15-2004, 12:11 AM
well Julie...same ole same ole here...but on another thread...Pond thinks someone crossed the line. I want to know...where is the line!!!!!!

I think the line just moves...depending on who you are.

When it comes to language, everyone has a different interpretation of where the line should be. I don't particularly like a censor list so full of words that it is hard to type anything with no vulgarities and still have to work at getting around the word censor. The other message board had a prebuilt censor list and I was always taking things off of it. This one is being built from scratch, and I prefer to leave few words on it. There are hard core words that I think everyone agrees have no place here. Other than that, a lot of it has to do with how the language is used. I don't think the line moves depending on who you are... I have never censored any of your language, have I? ;)

Anonymous
07-15-2004, 06:45 AM
8)

krispy
07-15-2004, 08:42 AM

*just testing the censor* if you read this, calm down, I'm about to delete it.

krispy
07-15-2004, 08:43 AM
AWESOME it puts little *'s that is kickass!

Miss Mally
07-15-2004, 08:48 AM
That is pretty Babe. Thanks for sharing.

here is one of my favs.

O Lord, You have searched me
and You know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
You are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
You know it completely, O Lord.
You hem me in - behind and before;
You have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is to wonderful for me,
to lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Where can I flee from Your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
Even there Your hand will guide me,
and Your right hand will hold me fast. -Psalm 139:14-10

Rhiannon
07-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952.

Beautiful!

krispy
07-19-2004, 10:22 PM
That is pretty Babe. Thanks for sharing.

here is one of my favs.

O Lord, You have searched me
and You know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
You are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
You know it completely, O Lord.
You hem me in - behind and before;
You have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is to wonderful for me,
to lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Where can I flee from Your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
Even there Your hand will guide me,
and Your right hand will hold me fast. -Psalm 139:14-10

WHAT THE Funk does this have to do with cussing?!

Miss Mally
07-19-2004, 10:24 PM
If you don't know what it is about...it doesn't touch your soul.

krispy
07-19-2004, 10:33 PM
eww mally stop trying to touch my soul! thats dirty!

souldancefree
07-19-2004, 11:34 PM
hahahaha that made me laugh. i honestly cant read these long things they are sooo unatractive to look at! but then again im sure no one really cares if i read it or not oh well.

souldancefree
07-19-2004, 11:43 PM
HaHHAHahahahHAHHAAhahah LOL *Throws Up*
that world reminds me of WW in Engligh woooo good times
Club University of North Texas LOL!!!HAHAHALOL!!HAHAHALOL!!HAHA

spy
07-19-2004, 11:47 PM
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , hahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :roll: :shock: :D :lol: :P :x :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: LOLOLOLOLROFLOLOLOL