PDA

View Full Version : Diary of an Unborn Baby

RogueEconomist
07-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Diary of an Unborn Baby

• Day 1 – fertilization: all human chromosomes are present; unique human life begins

• Day 6 – embryo begins implanting in the uterus

• Day 22 – heart begins to beat with the child’s own blood, often a different type than the mother’s

• Week 5 – eyes, legs, hands begin to develop

• Week 6 – brain waves detectable; mouth, lips present; fingernails forming

• Week 7 – eyelids, toes form; nose distinct, baby kicking and swimming

• Week 8 – every organ in place; bones begin to replace cartilage, fingerprints begin to form;

• Weeks 9 and 10 - teeth begin to form, fingernails develop; baby can turn head, frown

• Week 11 – baby can grasp objects placed in hand; all organ systems functioning; the baby has fingerprints, a skeletal structure, nerves, and circulation

• Week 12 – the baby has all of the part necessary to experience pain, including the nerves, spinal cord and thalamus; the baby is nearing the end of the first trimester

• Week 17 - baby can have dream (REM) sleep

• Week 20 – the earliest stage at which partial birth abortions are performed

Rhiannon
07-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Thank you very much Rogue for posting this.

RogueEconomist
07-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Your welcome, the truth is so important

CuriousGal
07-12-2004, 02:32 AM
Bravo and understanding here. I'm with Rhiannon. Thank you for posting this. When will people realize that a human being is created at conception?

CG

Anonymous
07-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Bravo and understanding here. I'm with Rhiannon. Thank you for posting this. When will people realize that a human being is created at conception?

CG

I think that people are well aware of it but have a right to choose. Are you against the abortion of a dead fetus? Does the mother have the right to choose then?

We are so wrapped up in the feelings of the unborn but what about the mother? Do any of you know what the mother has to go through? Its not like its a pleasant experience that one would love to go through everyday.

pamela
07-12-2004, 01:30 PM
mx, you may not realize this but there are some women who use abortion as birth controll...IF a baby has died in the womb of course there is no ather alternative, abortion is TOO easy these days...like getting a tooth pulled..not for everyone but they are out there all right.
adn partial birth abortion is PURE MURDER!! there is NO logical reason for this procedure PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !11
I don't think abortion will ever be illegal,BUT It should be something that a woman has to think long and hard about, there are consequences for either choice!

we truly live in a "it's not my fault" world now thanks to the liberals!

Anonymous
07-12-2004, 01:51 PM
mx, you may not realize this but there are some women who use abortion as birth controll...IF a baby has died in the womb of course there is no ather alternative, abortion is TOO easy these days...like getting a tooth pulled..not for everyone but they are out there all right.
adn partial birth abortion is PURE MURDER!! there is NO logical reason for this procedure PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !11
I don't think abortion will ever be illegal,BUT It should be something that a woman has to think long and hard about, there are consequences for either choice!

we truly live in a "it's not my fault" world now thanks to the liberals!

I am well aware of the fact that some use abortion as birth control, but what I am asking is if any of you know the procedure, not what happens to the FETUS but what happens to the mother. What does the woman have to endure??? Anyone??
There are many medical reasons that fetuses are aborted, I can assure you that these are hard decisions to make and no one has any right to say what they would or wouldnt do if the situation arose. No one has the right to tell the mother what to do in this situation either. It is one that the woman will live with for the rest of her life.

Girlie
07-12-2004, 02:42 PM
But why not go through an equally (maybe?) painful experience and actually give birth to the baby ... and let someone who wants to love a child love it, nurture it, take care of it for all it's life ... instead of just killing it?

It seems to be that the procedure the mother goes through in a partial birth abortion can't be much different than that of a completed live birth ... she's already done the work ... why not just let the baby live?

Anonymous
07-12-2004, 06:57 PM
But why not go through an equally (maybe?) painful experience and actually give birth to the baby ... and let someone who wants to love a child love it, nurture it, take care of it for all it's life ... instead of just killing it?

It seems to be that the procedure the mother goes through in a partial birth abortion can't be much different than that of a completed live birth ... she's already done the work ... why not just let the baby live?

Why tell a person what she can or cannot do with her body? Why judge her because of her choice. She has to live with it everyday...????... How is it that we are told to look at someone dying as them going to heaven and that everything is ok but when a unborn fetus has died then we are to shame the person. Have they not gone to heaven as well??

I dont believe in partial birth or late term abortion unless medically necessary. Are we to make a pregnant woman carry her 5month old fetus until birth if the fetus is no longer alive??

The sad truth is that there are thousands of medically handicapped children that are not wanted, so why bring one into this world if you yourself do not want to take care of this medically challenged child. I know it must sound aweful but how many people go out looking to adopt those who are handicapped??

What kind of quality of life do some of these unborn fetuses have? Is it humane to allow them to have to suffer through life??

Just asking to get others input not to start anything else...

DrDon
07-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Rogue, thanks for the information. But I feel those of us (myself included) who oppose the abortion of live babies are just preaching to the choir. I don't think we're going to win anyone who is pro-abortion by showing them the facts. It's a matter of the heart, I think.

I'm not saying that those who believe in abortion are eeeeevill. I know some wonderful people with whom I strongly disagree in this matter. But like pamela said, many use the procedure as birth control. They're choosing their own personal desires over the life of someone else. It's hard to tell that to someone without that person begin offended. No one likes a mirror held up to their shortcomings (I know I don't :P ).

I think this is something that is part of the never-ending struggle. We'll be dealing with this until Jesus returns.

Anonymous
07-12-2004, 08:29 PM
I have a hard time when people start juging others based on what they had to choose to do. Choices in life are hard and choices envolving children are harder. I hate that we feel the right to tell others what they can and cannot do with their bodies. I do not condone the actions of few and would not punish others for that. Just because some choose not to have a child and use abortion as birth control does not mean that all persons chosing abortion are selfish. I dont think that we have a right to judge anyone, thats God's job. I am sick to death of people getting on their soapboxes about this when half of them havent dealt with this situation on a personal level and probably never will. what right do you have to condone the actions of others, what right do you have to judge others??? Did God come back and hand out powers and I missed it???

RogueEconomist
07-12-2004, 08:41 PM
What right to choose? I dont remember that in the constitution. We Americans are a sick bunch. driving is not a right but a prilvage.But Its a right to murder the unborn? Being male I know I tend to be a little insensitive with what a woman goes through in pregnancy. I want someone to convence me that it is worst carring a baby to term than having your skull broken open and your brains sucked out of your head with a vac cleaner ending your short life in agonizing pain, because you are an inconvenious to another person or society. Some right to choice, have we as a society sank this low. Remeber half of all murdered unborn children are female. This isnt a right its MURDER, its wrong, its evil period. :evil:

Anonymous
07-12-2004, 08:54 PM
What right to choose? I dont remember that in the constitution. We Americans are a sick bunch. driving is not a right but a prilvage.But Its a right to murder the unborn? Being male I know I tend to be a little insensitive with what a woman goes through in pregnancy. I want someone to convence me that it is worst carring a baby to term than having your skull broken open and your brains sucked out of your head with a vac cleaner ending your short life in agonizing pain, because you are an inconvenious to another person or society. Some right to choice, have we as a society sank this low. Remeber half of all murdered unborn children are female. This isnt a right its MURDER, its wrong, its evil period. :evil:

Typical Male response. I hope that you never have to deal with having a wife who is FORCED to carry a DEAD baby to term because her right to choose has been taken away.

Girlie
07-12-2004, 08:56 PM
Mx2 ... I know you aren't trying to "start anything" but I was referring to those who use partial birth abortion as birth control. If an abortion is medically necessary, that's the choice of the mother/father, but I have a very hard time with people killing perfectly healthy (or even not perfectly healthy) babies simply because they don't want to take care of them. In my opinion and belief ... no one is conceived by mistake. I know many couples who have adopted children who have health conditions, who require special needs services, etc ... who gladly took those children because they couldn't have children of their own and those children were not wanted! It truly breaks my heart .....

Just an afterthought ... I would never think it appropriate medically or ethically for a woman to have to carry a dead baby to term because she didn't have the right to choose. You risk your own life by doing so ... but we're not talking about carrying dead babies to term, we're talking about killing babies who can and would be able to live outside of the womb if given the chance!

RogueEconomist
07-12-2004, 09:05 PM

Typical Male response. I hope that you never have to deal with having a wife who is FORCED to carry a DEAD baby to term because her right to choose has been taken away.

we are not talking about dead babies we are talking about murdering the living unborn. You didnt answer my question, but threw up a smoke screen. do you think caring a unwanted baby to term is worst than having your skull broken open and your brains sucked out while you are still alive? Question still stands?

Girlie
07-12-2004, 09:44 PM
I made the same point rogue ...