PDA

View Full Version : Why can't anilmal control....

Anonymous
07-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Why can't animal control Officers take control of the cats too. They are so worried about rabies. Cats carry rabies too.

BigGunz
07-12-2004, 05:26 PM
cats are smarter than dogs?....lol

jenfrog81
07-12-2004, 05:54 PM
I know right . LOL

whocares
07-12-2004, 05:57 PM
How about the owners of the cats taking control of them and taking responsiblity for them instead of expecting the government to take care of cats?

BigGunz
07-12-2004, 06:00 PM
because you can own a dog...but a cat owns you!....roflol

Rhiannon
07-12-2004, 06:06 PM
:?:

RogueEconomist
07-12-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm sure the cat population is outta control everywhere. I used to feed them, then figured out that was a bad idea when I had 50 all of a sudden. Most towns just don't want to mess with the stray cats, they are not like dogs, they are alot harder to catch.

You hit on the head, too much work. Cant change a government job description to involve work or at least to much work. LOL

Gearldean
07-12-2004, 10:27 PM
You hit on the head, too much work. Cant change a government job description to involve work or at least to much work. LOL
Well, there's some of those government jobs I'd sure hate to have because of the stress involved PLUS the work!

Anonymous
07-13-2004, 10:12 AM
How about the owners of the cats taking control of them and taking responsiblity for them instead of expecting the government to take care of cats?

why dont people who have dogs do the responsiable things. I know of plenty of dogs that no one feeds or the owner is to lazay to get there dog spayed or neautered. Im tired of killing cats and DOGS cause people dump them off at my residence.

Anonymous
07-13-2004, 10:21 AM
IF my husband and I can trap stray cats and dogs then any government personall can too. They are just Lazy and dont want to take the time to do there job. Im sick of it. Think I will put a call in to the ASPCA. Maybe they can inlighten this subject some.

Girlie
07-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Well I've never been an animal control person and I do not know what their job entails, nor will I speculate, but I can imagine that trapping animals must take an enormous amount of time. There would be a much larger need for the shelter, also ... so I don't know what the answer is except for people to have their animals fixed unless they are into specialty breeding!

Anonymous
07-13-2004, 01:07 PM
The animal control is NOT a goverment job.

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Then who pays them ? The City pays them From what I hread and who pays the city the goverment and who pays the goverment WE DO are taxes **** Doesn't it go like that ???? I could be wrong ??

Gearldean
07-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Well, I jest be danged! You mean to tell me the City doesn't employ the animal control officer?

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 01:14 PM
**So I was Right *** Yeaaaaa 100 points for Jenfrog****Yeaaaaa..(LOL) :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Girlie
07-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Well, I jest be danged! You mean to tell me the City doesn't employ the animal control officer?

My city employs ours. When we want or need them, we call the PD.

Anonymous
07-13-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm new to this so bear with me. I have a question for MonicaB. What do you do with the cats and dogs you trap?[/quote]

Miss Mally
07-13-2004, 01:40 PM
I am not sure what Monica does with the stays that are on her property...but I will tell you this...if there were strays that were bothering my children...that were aggresive and diseased...my family comes first.

I live in town...so I can't just pull out my shot gun and shoot every stray...but...if I were outside the city limits...and there was an aggressive animal of any kind...whether it be a skunk or a dog or a cat. I would shoot it.

Gearldean
07-13-2004, 01:48 PM
**So I was Right *** Yeaaaaa 100 points for Jenfrog****Yeaaaaa..(LOL) :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Well, Froggie, the City IS the government.

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 02:17 PM
So was I right or wrong ??? LOL .....and I bet Monica Has Dead Animales hanging on her bedroom walls * LOL just playing .. she could make some Cat coats or Purse with the fur LOL

Gearldean
07-13-2004, 02:36 PM
So was I right or wrong ??? LOL .....and I bet Monica Has Dead Animales hanging on her bedroom walls * LOL just playing .. she could make some Cat coats or Purse with the fur LOL
Well, you had the right idea! You just added a step that was a tad misleading unless I misunderstood what you said. As I understood it, you said the government pays the city and we pay the government.

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Okay . Well I was a little right , (LOL) .

Gearldean
07-13-2004, 02:47 PM
Okay . Well I was a little right , (LOL) .
No, I'd say you were more than a little right!

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Oh okay , kool . yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaLOL

whocares
07-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Monica you want the government to do something for you that you are capable of doing, and THEY are the lazy ones? Have we become so dependent on the government that we can't be self-sufficient anymore? Which city do you live in?

Miss Mally
07-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Monica you want the government to do something for you that you are capable of doing, and THEY are the lazy ones? Have we become so dependent on the government that we can't be self-sufficient anymore? Which city do you live in?

Well...the government doesn't want us to be self sufficient. They have put ordinances in place that prevent us from taking care of some of these issues. Some state and local laws prevent you from shooting a stray cat even on your own property.

What do you do...trap it and dump it out on someone elses property?

Girlie
07-13-2004, 04:19 PM
It hasn't stopped me ... specially if they are snarling and foaming at the mouth. I haven't wasted any time about it before.

MsFrizz
07-13-2004, 05:10 PM
We have had to shoot cats and occasionally dogs, that come to our house
either very sick or hurt or so skinny we know no-one is taking care of them. What infuriates me is the people who allow their animals to get into that shape.

I believe that a lot of time, people haul off their own animals and dump them because they are sick. They aren't taking responsibility for their own animals. (Just let some else do it!)

A couple of weeks ago one of our kitchen employees found live kittens in a box that someone had thrown into our dumpster. About 2 years ago we found a live healthy grown cat that someone had taped into a box and left at our work dumpster. Why don't these people just go ahead and put the animals out of their misery instead of dooming them to suffering?

Girlie
07-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Oh my MsFrizz ... that is just unacceptable!

Wonder how some of those people would like to be taped shut in a box to starve to death ... or worse, fry in the heat ...

Good gravy!

Anonymous
07-13-2004, 06:07 PM
well, as a matter of fact I live in the city and I trap these cats then I take them to my place out in the country and dispose of them, We have a pet cemetary out there so they get a very good burial. I have been doing this just recently.(1) I do it cause one im pregnant and cant take a chance with cats. (2) Im tired of the strays taking my cats off and getting them killed (3) My city has made it clear cats are NOT their problem.

so what am I suppose to do, trap them take to the vet pay $40.00 dollars or more to fix them and them come home or better yet go dump them somewhere. SORRY NOT ME. I would rather take them and put them out of their missery.

I know for a fact the ACO in Eastland Is EXCELLENT. Wish ours was as caring and concerned about his citizens and animal as the Eastland's. But they are not. I have even went as far as at one time taking in abandon and abused puppies and getting them medicines and adopting them back out. Cats are NOT that simple.

I have wrote to the ASPCA to see if they can help me out with this situation or who to talk to. Im currently waitng for a response.

BigGunz
07-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Oh my MsFrizz ... that is just unacceptable!

Wonder how some of those people would like to be taped shut in a box to starve to death ... or worse, fry in the heat ...

Good gravy!

Biscuits and gravy...YES...sausage and Gravy...oh yeah!...but cats and gravy?....I think I will pass thank you very much!....lol

AlwaysRadio
07-13-2004, 07:37 PM
Wait...cats???!!!! Gearldean, it's football time again!

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Oh heck Just take my dog , She will kill the Cats for you * Heck she killed a Goat * She is a Damn good Gard Dog * She Loves People * But hates other Animales * She even kills snakes And rats !!! HAHAHAHA she will take care of your Problem . I Promise you will never see another cat or ANYTHING ever again LOL

MsFrizz
07-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Oh heck Just take my dog , She will kill the Cats for you * Heck she killed a Goat * She is a Damn good Gard Dog * She Loves People * But hates other Animales * She even kills snakes And rats !!! HAHAHAHA she will take care of your Problem . I Promise you will never see another cat or ANYTHING ever again LOL

Your dog sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

If your dog goes onto other property and kills other people's animals, it should be your responsibility to compensate for the lost animals.

A couple of years ago someone allowed their female dog in heat to roam our neighborhood for several days. My 2 male dogs finally followed her off and one of them wound up going with her into a goat pen and killing 2 goats. Both of my dogs were shot, and I spoke with the owners of the goats and paid them the value of the goats. It was a very bad experience. I don't want a dog that kills.

Before that, I had always spayed all my female animals, and now I also neuter all the males. They tend to stay home that way.

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 09:29 PM
She is ! She is Fixed We had to pay for the Goat but ever since then she has not Killed a Goat . Well Mostly cause she is chain Up . But she is the BEST Damn Gaurd dog we have ever had *Right now she is at Hubby mom's house . It was a 200 pound Billy Goat * I think it was also the Leader of the pack !lol

jenfrog81
07-14-2004, 11:27 AM
http://www.rescuetheanimals.org/

Anonymous
07-16-2004, 07:27 AM
Well, It's 7am my husband is at his job with New Force Energy in Cisco. He calls me and says"honey, there is three puppys up here, you can count there ribs. They are begging me for food and I have none. What do we want to do.?"
Well, the way we feel right now with the animal shelter here. I go and pick them up.
Two male and one female look to be about 3 or 4 months old.
These babys will be ready for new homes monday. We're going to give them flea baths, their first shots and worm them.
If you know anyone one who might want one have them call me@254-442-1639..They look like they will be medium size dogs. They are all black and have white on there nose and toes. Very friendly, want to play.

Docmom
07-20-2004, 02:16 PM

Your dog sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

If your dog goes onto other property and kills other people's animals, it should be your responsibility to compensate for the lost animals.

A couple of years ago someone allowed their female dog in heat to roam our neighborhood for several days. My 2 male dogs finally followed her off and one of them wound up going with her into a goat pen and killing 2 goats. Both of my dogs were shot, and I spoke with the owners of the goats and paid them the value of the goats. It was a very bad experience. I don't want a dog that kills.

Before that, I had always spayed all my female animals, and now I also neuter all the males. They tend to stay home that way.

I remember that Ms. Frizz. All our dogs but one are fixed. The one that is not fixed will not be fixed because she loves to raise kittens. Our cats do a good job at mousing and we love to keep them. We have had trouble though with people stealing our cats. We have had several fixed and stolen. It is a sad thing when people steal pets. Just as sad are the jerks that dump their pets.

Girlie
07-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Well, It's 7am my husband is at his job with New Force Energy in Cisco. He calls me and says"honey, there is three puppys up here, you can count there ribs. They are begging me for food and I have none. What do we want to do.?"
Well, the way we feel right now with the animal shelter here. I go and pick them up.
Two male and one female look to be about 3 or 4 months old.
These babys will be ready for new homes monday. We're going to give them flea baths, their first shots and worm them.
If you know anyone one who might want one have them call me@254-442-1639..They look like they will be medium size dogs. They are all black and have white on there nose and toes. Very friendly, want to play.

Monica ... that is very unselfish of you and your hubby. I can honestly say that I'm not sure I would or could have done that.

Anonymous
07-21-2004, 05:08 PM
They found another temporary home. We did all we could do. they are smart little ones.