PDA

View Full Version : Cigar Box Purses

Pond
07-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Has anyone made these ? A friend was telling me about them and she is making some . I was told they are high dollar in the stores..
I have gone on the internet and they are interesting .
I could only remember putting pencils in them at school ... so the cigar box has come a long way in the last 30 years ..

Girlie
07-13-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm a purse fanatic. I'll have to look these up!!!

Miss Mally
07-13-2004, 01:41 PM

You are the excessory queen Girlie. lol

Gearldean
07-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Does that mean she has an excess of accessories? :lol:

Miss Mally
07-13-2004, 02:16 PM

bingo...you are getting better and better at figuring out the puns. :D

Gearldean
07-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Now if only you'd learn to spell better, I might recognize the puns when I see them! :lol:

Girlie
07-13-2004, 02:50 PM

lol, I just can't help it! My name isn't "Girlie" for nuthin!!

Didn't yall notice my cute little purse by my lounge chair ?! LOL

Girlie
07-13-2004, 02:51 PM

I really do ... but I think I'll beat that obsession and sell them all in a garage sale!

AlwaysRadio
07-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Buy a box, bring the contents to me. and make all the purses you want!!! I've got to quit that ugly habit....nevermind!!! :D

Miss Mally
07-13-2004, 07:47 PM
Now if only you'd learn to spell better, I might recognize the puns when I see them! :lol:

it wouldn't be a pun if it was spelled right. You have missed the pun...I just thought you got it. hawhahahaha you were just making a dig...and here I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. It is kinda like accept and except.

Gearldean
07-13-2004, 08:12 PM
it wouldn't be a pun if it was spelled right. You have missed the pun...I just thought you got it. hawhahahaha you were just making a dig...and here I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. It is kinda like accept and except.
That "accept" and "except" was the thing that threw me! You sometimes say "except" when I know dang well you don't really MEAN that.

Guess we better move to the other forum before we completely destroy another thread.

curious_george
07-13-2004, 08:22 PM
You have chosen wisely Grasshopper.

Anonymous
07-14-2004, 06:58 AM
xxx

Gearldean
07-14-2004, 07:17 AM
The purses are toooooooooooo cute!!.......but bloody expensive!!!
Does anyone besides me remember going and getting cigar boxes for FREE...from the corner pharmacy...and using them for your pencil box at school?... :?: :?:

Babe 8)
Yep! I sure do! Course I didn't actually go get them, myself, but I remember my dad bringing them home for me. I never knew where he got them. I remember covering one with fabric and padding the lid for a pincushion. The box kept all my sewing paraphernalia. I think I did that project in jr. high. I may still have that box up in my attic!

curious_george
07-14-2004, 07:27 AM
I remember the cigar boxes from 1st - 3rd grade or so. And in high school, I too kept some paraphernalia in a cigar box. But that's another topic for another day...

Pond
07-14-2004, 07:34 AM
The cigar boxes of our day were the same for everyone. Some now are wooden and very pretty. I know some that have bought just the box and have had to buy the last cigars to get it.
They make more than purses out of them. I have seen music instruments made from them. :)

Julie
07-14-2004, 11:52 PM
Sounds like if you put a roll of duct tape and some bailing wire in them, you would have everything you could possibly need!