PDA

View Full Version : Dollar BILL

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Hey on the Back of the Dollar bill there is a Triangle * what is that suppose to be and what does it mean ?????

I have this Dollar Bill that I got at the Store * I guess change I got * Anyhow oN the back between the Triangle and the Engle some one wrote ( Federal Endorsement Of a Deity or Religion Violates The United States Constitution ) mmmmm I wonder why some one would want to write that .....

Girlie
07-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Because that's how the feel, I'm guessing. They don't want governement and religion mixed.

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Well what does the Triangle mean and stand for ????

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Ya'll got to look at this . ON the bottom of that Triangle it says mdcclxxvl So I looked that up , here is what I camn up with http://www.hykkonen.net/~william/random.html

WOW

Julie
07-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Here's what I found at the US Treasury site underFAQ (http://www.ustreas.gov/education/faq/currency/portraits.html#q3)

Question: What is the significance of the symbols on the back of the one-dollar bill? I'm particularly interested in the eye and the pyramid.

Answer: The eye and the pyramid shown on the reverse side of the one-dollar bill are in the Great Seal of the United States. The Great Seal was first used on the reverse of the one-dollar Federal Reserve note in 1935. The Department of State is the official keeper of the Seal. They believe that the most accurate explanation of a pyramid on the Great Seal is that it symbolizes strength and durability. The unfinished pyramid means that the United States will always grow, improve and build. In addition, the "All-Seeing Eye" located above the pyramid suggests the importance of divine guidance in favor of the American cause. The inscription ANNUIT COEPTIS translates as "He (God) has favored our undertakings," and refers to the many instances of Divine Providence during our Government's formation. In addition, the inscription NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM translates as "A new order of the ages," and signifies a new American era.

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 05:17 PM
Do Masons worship Satan ? What kinda of group is it

Girlie
07-13-2004, 05:25 PM

I know some people that are Masons ... and I too would like to know the answer to this. Nothing I have read actually states yes or no.

Outsider
07-13-2004, 09:45 PM

I know some people that are Masons ... and I too would like to know the answer to this. Nothing I have read actually states yes or no.

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING! The Masons are a faternal order of brothers who get together to help each other and other people.

They help support the Shriner Burn Hospital in Galveston and the Shriner Orthopedic Hospital in Houston. etc.

They are not a religious group but all oaths of office are taken on the Bible.

George Washinton, Sam Houston, Davy Crockett, President William Garfield, Rudyard Kipling, and William B. Travis are just a few of the famous people that are Masons. The Mason Order in San Antonio, TX, places a wreath at the Alamo every year, for a majority of the men that lost their lives there were Masons.

The majority of the men in my family (two brothers, my father and an unlimited number of uncles) have been or are Masons and I can trace this back to a great-great-great-great uncle, William B. Travis.

Satan worshippers, I think not! Freedom lovers and a belief in God, you bet!

Girlie
07-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Actually, I wasn't kidding ... I was serious. I have never read anything that tells exactly what they stand for and had several people tell me that they were a satanic group ... and that their meetings in their "upper room" are secret and nothing is supposed to be that way if you believe in God, etc blah blah blah .......

It was a legitimate question ... and I'm glad to know the answer now.

Thanks.

jenfrog81
07-13-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm sorry but this does not tell me anything ...And there are only two websites that I found and those did not tell me much . :wink:

Goalie
07-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Masons do not worship Satan. And it is not an evil organization. To become a Mason, a man must profess a belief in God.
And all things done in secret are not evil or un-Godly. The Bible encourages us to pray in private or in secret. Matthew 6:6:
"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. "

Anonymous
07-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Masons do not worship Satan.

Girlie
07-14-2004, 05:48 PM
Thank you Goalie and BigDaddy ...

I was not saying what I believe (about those things being done in secret, like praying) ... I was telling what others had told me.

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 06:27 PM
No Girlie , Masons are not satan worshippers at all!

Julie
07-14-2004, 11:40 PM
But they are pretty secretive. ;) My grandfather was a Mason and my grandmother was a member of the Order of the Eastern Star (I understood this to be, at that time, the female version of a Mason). I can assure you that neither of my grandparents were Satan worshippers and, in fact, were very devout believers in God. [/i]

BigGunz
07-15-2004, 05:41 AM
But they are pretty secretive. ;) My grandfather was a Mason and my grandmother was a member of the Order of the Eastern Star (I understood this to be, at that time, the female version of a Mason). I can assure you that neither of my grandparents were Satan worshippers and, in fact, were very devout believers in God. [/i]

Mine were also.... :D

Anonymous
07-15-2004, 08:35 AM
If you have any questions about Masonry, all you have to do is ask a Mason. Noone is going to burn you at the stake for asking questions. Yes, Masons are very secretive about some things, but very open about the objective of the Masons. Take time to talk to one about who they are and you will not only find them to be regular people, not satan-worshipping purveyors of evil, but also a new friend; something we can always use.

Outsider
07-15-2004, 09:36 AM
The Eastern Star is the female version of the Masons and there is also the Order of the Rainbo, for teen girls. The first time I moved away from home a good family friend told me that if I ever needed help, look for a man that wore a Masonic ring and I would have a friend that I could trust and depend on until I could get in contact with my parents or some of my family.

Gearldean
07-15-2004, 09:40 AM
If you have any questions about Masonry, all you have to do is ask a Mason...
You think they could give me tips on building a rock wall? :lol:

Anonymous
07-15-2004, 09:46 AM
If you have any questions about Masonry, all you have to do is ask a Mason...
You think they could give me tips on building a rock wall? :lol:

LOL!! Probably so!