PDA

View Full Version : Hillary not getting to speak at the convention....hum

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 05:14 PM
ALBANY, New York (AP) -- The former chairwoman of the New York State Democratic Party on Wednesday called it "a total outrage" and "very stupid" that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton has not been offered a prominent speaking role at the Democratic National Convention.

"It's a slap in the face, not personally for Hillary Clinton, but for every woman in the Democratic Party and every woman in America," said Judith Hope, a major party fund-raiser.- CNN

Sounds like there is just alot of infighting here to me. Hum....don't want her to steal the limelight...or is it that Kerry is mad cuz she turned him down for the VP slot?

Rhiannon
07-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Do Junior Senators usually get asked to speak at the convention? She is a former first lady - do they usually get asked to speak?

I guess my point is, she has an over-inflated idea of her own importance. If SKerry and his staff think she might be detrimental to his election effort, then they should keep her out. (If they'd asked me I would have axed Gore, also....)

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 06:25 PM
roflol...Hillary is a Legend in her own Mind!.......awwww...what a shame she doesnt get to speak...that just means more people wont fall asleep then!......lol

whocares
07-14-2004, 06:32 PM
Someone said today on TV that the Democrats don't have to worry about security at their convention. Al-Qaeda doesn't attack their allies, only their enemies.

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 06:59 PM
roflol...hahahahaha....that was a good one!...thanks for sharing it with us!

CuriousGal
07-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Do Junior Senators usually get asked to speak at the convention? She is a former first lady - do they usually get asked to speak?

I guess my point is, she has an over-inflated idea of her own importance. If SKerry and his staff think she might be detrimental to his election effort, then they should keep her out. (If they'd asked me I would have axed Gore, also....)

I must say that I agree with you totally but the biggest thing that I saw in your post was "SKerry". I don't know if you made a typo or if you meant it but boy, did you ever hit the nail on the head!!!!! High fives to you! If you don't mind, I'm going to copy you in further correspondence. That degenerate certainly is SCARY!!!

Thanks,

CG

BigGunz
07-14-2004, 10:33 PM
quote from Rhiannon: If they'd asked me I would have axed Gore, also....)

is that ebonics?....I think they did ax him to speak and he accepted!....roflol

Gearldean
07-14-2004, 10:40 PM
quote from Rhiannon: If they'd asked me I would have axed Gore, also....)

is that ebonics?....I think they did ax him to speak and he accepted!....roflol
I know I'm gonna get creamed for this but....are you sure you didn't mean to say "I think they did ax him to speak and he excepted"?

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 11:39 PM
I don't know what Big ment to say...but a whole bunch a women in the demo party are taking acception to Hillary being xed off the list.

Julie
07-14-2004, 11:47 PM
I agree with whoever said it before. Why would they assume Hillary was supposed to be asked (or axed ;) ). Is she just the highest ranking female Democrat? I haven't heard anything about her whining about not being asked, so I don't know if I would bring her ego into this.

Miss Mally
07-14-2004, 11:50 PM
I ain't heard her complain either. But she was reported to be on the list originally by one of the goveners I believe. Also...some women are upset...because some governers wife is speaking and Hillary isn't getting to.

Julie
07-14-2004, 11:53 PM
Maybe they only allow one speaker per family.

Anonymous
07-15-2004, 08:43 AM
Top Democratic officials enraged some of their most loyal supporters by keeping Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton the party's top fund-raiser and most popular figure from any significant role at their convention later this month.
"I think it's a total slap in the face," said voter Bob Kunst, a longtime Democrat from Florida. "Here's a woman who raised $17 million for the party, and they're putting her in a second-class position."
"It's a slap in the face," agreed Judith Hope, a major party fund-raiser and former chairwoman of the New York State Democratic Party. "Not personally for Hillary, but for every woman in the Democratic Party and every woman in America."
Much of that anger is being directed at their presumptive nominee, Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts, and his running mate, Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina.
"We're so frustrated with what's happening within the party structure that we're asking people to vote for themselves, not even vote for the Kerry/Edwards ticket," said Mr. Kunst, who led a major effort to draft Mrs. Clinton into the primary. "As far as I'm concerned, Kerry can go jump in the lake. He's not getting my support."
Mrs. Clinton's absence from any speaking role in the convention came as little surprise to Mr. Kunst, who said he negotiated for months with party officials to set up his HillaryNow.com booth at the convention to sell buttons and stickers celebrating the former first lady. In the end, they barred him from the convention.

The entire article is at
http://washingtontimes.com/national/20040715-121137-6566r.htm

Miss Mally
07-15-2004, 08:56 AM
Things like this cause parties to disintigrate. The Democratic party is a ticking time bomb.

curious_george
07-15-2004, 04:56 PM
CHARLESTON, W.Va. - John Kerry (news - web sites) has asked Hillary Rodham Clinton (news - web sites) to introduce her husband, former President Clinton (news - web sites), on the first night of the Democratic National Convention, giving her a speaking role that Democrats had sought for the New York senator.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040715/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_clinton_1&printer=1

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20040714/capt.sge.ndy07.140704213628.photo00.default-265x392.jpg

Miss Mally
07-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Boy...I bet Bill is thrilled. lol

Anonymous
07-16-2004, 07:40 AM
John Kerry asked Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday to address the Democratic National Convention on its opening night and introduce her husband, former President Clinton, ending an intense lobbying campaign by the New York senator's backers angered by her non-speaking role.

The Kerry campaign unveiled its first set of speakers for the convention early this week, including former Presidents Clinton and Carter, Al Gore and others, but the absence of the former first lady drew criticism from Democrats, particularly women. She was to appear on stage with other female senators.

"We are thrilled that Senator Clinton has accepted John Kerry's invitation," Kerry spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter said. "Senator Clinton has been a leader in the Democratic Party, and she will play a vital role in laying out" the choice between Kerry and Bush to voters.

On Wednesday, the former chairwoman of the New York State Democratic Party had called the slight of Clinton a "total outrage" and "very stupid." Kerry's campaign responded to Judith Hope's criticism by saying it had no plans for giving the senator a speaking role, because she didn't request one.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/K/KERRY_CLINTON?

AND SO ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES...LOL

krispy
07-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Hillary Duff is gay.

jenfrog81
07-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Hillary Duff is gay.DO you think everyone is gay ? LOL Just playing

krispy
07-16-2004, 12:19 PM
gay as in dumb.
not gay as in homosexual.
not gay as in happy.