PDA

View Full Version : MTV and GAY NETWORK Coming to YOUR Local School!

Anonymous
06-09-2004, 06:31 PM
MTV and GAY NETWORK Coming to YOUR Local School!

MTV has partnered with GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network) to bring "Cable in the Classroom" to promote gay issues and education with their bias into public schools. MTV's Executive Vice President in charge of programming is Brian Graden an out and proud Gay man, using his power to impose his and GLSEN's moral beliefs on our children. Also, MTV's Vice President of Public Affairs, is Stephen K. Friedman, another out and proud gay man. They are credited by GFN (Gay Financial News Network) "as the leading force behind the positive gay imagery popping up on our youth's most powerful mouth piece".

If your children are in public schools, check to see who is hosting the cable program and protest if it comes from MTV.

Have you had it with MTV? If you'd like to express an opinion, call the corporate offices of Viacom, which owns MTV (along with CBS, Blockbuster and Showtime) Viacom can be reached at (212) 258-6000. Their address is 1515 Broadway, 51st Floor, New York, NY 10036.

BigGunz
06-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Gay financial news?....that doesnt sound like a "happy" gay !.....lol

Miss Mally
06-09-2004, 08:57 PM
MTV has no business even taking up our channel space...little on being in our kids school.

CuriousGal
06-09-2004, 09:06 PM
MTV and this Gay channel do not belong in ANY classroom. Children are there to learn math, reading, literature, science, etc. There is NO reason for MTV or this Gay channel to be there. Parents have the responsibility of teaching children about such things and I'm appalled that this might happen. I swear, I'm going to have to work my rearend off so that I can send my future kids to private school so that public school doesn't completely corrupt them. Where's the sense in that? My childrens' mother might be a slave to a job so that they don't have to see degenerate things in public school. That's WRONG!!!! Completely against what our most admirable President Ronald Reagan would have wanted. Sorry for bringing him in to the conversation but it's completely appropriate. I think it's time that we remember what he stood for. He wouldn't have stood for this.

CG

june
06-10-2004, 06:30 AM
All you people are doing is helping the law enforcement of New York City have another 1960's fiasco as they did in Chicago...keep it up...You keep on making the word Liberal mean "ability to think for yourself".

Anonymous
06-10-2004, 12:03 PM
Screw MTV! After all the crap they've pulled, they shouldn't even be on tv. And I used to like that channel! As for all this "Gay" stuff, I think they should ban all gay programming from television. Look at all the other things we're subjected to seeing now. Do we really need Gay television? NO! I swear, do people have morals anymore? The world is so foul I'd regret bringing a child into it.

alltherage
06-10-2004, 02:04 PM
im sure our children are not that worried about it, in fact most of our children openly accept the gay community but i can see how you would not know that if you are this openly anti-gay in front of your kids. i wonder how they can even talk to you, they need to be able to make totally well-rounded decisions and not just see one side. as parents i know your worried but our children will eventually decide who they will become and they need to be exposed to as many possibilites as they can be. a closed mind has no place in our society. and besides, there is no way the eastland county school districts will allow this. you are all worried over nothing

jenfrog81
06-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Screw MTV! After all the crap they've pulled, they shouldn't even be on tv. And I used to like that channel! As for all this "Gay" stuff, I think they should ban all gay programming from television. Look at all the other things we're subjected to seeing now. Do we really need Gay television? NO! I swear, do people have morals anymore? The world is so foul I'd regret bringing a child into it.

Okay I don't belive in HOme a sexaul T.v. But they do have the right to show it on tv just like anything eles as for schools NO I don't think they should go there . But then again aren't some schools teaching SEX ED >

Miss Mally
06-10-2004, 02:24 PM
im sure our children are not that worried about it, in fact most of our children openly accept the gay community but i can see how you would not know that if you are this openly anti-gay in front of your kids. i wonder how they can even talk to you, they need to be able to make totally well-rounded decisions and not just see one side. as parents i know your worried but our children will eventually decide who they will become and they need to be exposed to as many possibilites as they can be. a closed mind has no place in our society. and besides, there is no way the eastland county school districts will allow this. you are all worried over nothing

having an open mind about evil things is a sign of a bankrupt sense of morality. If our society requires this type of behavior....it is morally bankrupt. There are only to sides of things in the end....God's side and the Devils side. It is my job as a parent to make sure my kids ultimately decide they want to be on God's side. That is my primary purpose in life....to raise my children up in God's ways.

To expose children to evil....is not helping them....it only takes away their innocence. People don't need to make well rounded decisions....they need to make decision that will keep them healthy in both body and spirit, they need to make decisions that will enable them to have eternal life with the father and not the Devil. Momentary happiness and fleeting pleasure are not in the best interest of the child....why teach them it is?

Gearldean
06-10-2004, 02:53 PM
What happened to your promise?

While I do not accept the "gay" lifestyle as being moral and right, I have tried to teach my kids to treat ALL people with dignity and respect, regardless of their differences. I think there are "gays" who are good people. I don't think that they are going to change merely because everyone expresses and shows their disapproval. They MIGHT change, at some point, if "love the sinner but hate the sin". I'm undecided as to whether or not this is a choice. Some have stated that it IS a choice.

One thing, of which I strongly dissapprove, is a public display of sexuality by ANY couple, be they hetrosexual or homosexual!

alltherage
06-10-2004, 09:08 PM
query for miss mally:

do you not want your children to know about "evil"? blindness is ignorance

Miss Mally
06-10-2004, 10:32 PM
query for miss mally:

do you not want your children to know about "evil"? blindness is ignorance

a kid doesn't have to stick his finger in a light socket to be taught that it is bad to do so.

You don't draw a kid a picture of how to cut someones head off to teach them not to do so.

pamela
06-11-2004, 07:52 AM
this may SHOCK some of you, but if I had grown up in this generation I just might be GAY now....many children are confused about their sexuality and this could influence them...now a days the media says it's cool to be gay!

Anonymous
06-11-2004, 11:56 AM
Being a "child" still at the blooming young age of 17...I hope you won't take that into consideration in what I say...The problem is not the environment you place a child in, the problem is the parent's failure to teach the child to take everything he/she hears or sees with a grain of salt. I'm mean, c'mon people, surely you don't flip on the TV to C-Span and just soke in every word Brian Lamb says... if you do you probably think Ronald Reagan is Jesus and an Iraqi is the lowest class on the caste system in India. Bottom line: teach your kids how to think for themselves and this "gay fad" will soon pass and all will be as it was before. Point out the fact that 75% of shows on TV show some type of homosexual reference, then point out how many gay people they really know... shocking... wow...

Pry open your third eye,
kyle

Anonymous
06-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Okay I don't belive in HOme a sexaul T.v. But they do have the right to show it on tv just like anything eles as for schools NO I don't think they should go there . But then again aren't some schools teaching SEX ED >

I do believe incorporating "HOme a sexaul T.v." is quite different that teaching "SEX ED." Sexual Education is the class in which they teach safe ways for having sex for the main purpose which is to create a human being. They simply take it a step further by introduction contraceptives and protection, because, not everyone wants to make a baby when they have sex... I don't see that similarity between "HOme a sexaul T.v." and "SEX ED"... and I'm not supporting either

spy
06-11-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm supporting. When children start to hit puberty and realise that their interests are different then the other kids their age, they need to learn soon that they're not just freaks. That other people go through it and it's normal.

Miss Mally
06-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Being a "child" still at the blooming young age of 17...I hope you won't take that into consideration in what I say...The problem is not the environment you place a child in, the problem is the parent's failure to teach the child to take everything he/she hears or sees with a grain of salt. I'm mean, c'mon people, surely you don't flip on the TV to C-Span and just soke in every word Brian Lamb says... if you do you probably think Ronald Reagan is Jesus and an Iraqi is the lowest class on the caste system in India. Bottom line: teach your kids how to think for themselves and this "gay fad" will soon pass and all will be as it was before. Point out the fact that 75% of shows on TV show some type of homosexual reference, then point out how many gay people they really know... shocking... wow...

Pry open your third eye,
kyle

For the most part...I agree....it is up to the parents to teach their children right from wrong...not to believe everything they see or hear etc. But it is also a parents job to help ensure the environment around them is condusive to healthy morals and ideals....meaning...parents need to stand up against this type of thing in the schools etc.

Dreamcatcher
06-11-2004, 11:14 PM
OMG!! Sound the alarm! They're teaching kids about OTHER cultures, religions, and lifestyles! Don't they know kids need to learn [b]everything at home? [/end sarcasm]

Schools have to present everything to avoid favoring one or the other. Parents are supposed to guide their children's choices by teaching and by example. Knowledge is power, to borrow a stupid phrase, and by only teaching kids about what "everyone" thinks is right, you're not teaching them anything.
You know you've done a good job when your kid knows about all the different religions, cultures, and lifestyles and chooses one that incorporates your values because you made such a lasting impression of living a good life. It's not so impressive when it's all they know.
I may not agree with everything MTV does, but the administration has the final say about what is shown in the classroom, so whoever makes the show, it will be appropriate when/if shown in Eastland classrooms.

Dreamcatcher

Miss Mally
06-11-2004, 11:52 PM
OMG!! Sound the alarm! They're teaching kids about OTHER cultures, religions, and lifestyles! Don't they know kids need to learn [b]everything at home? [/end sarcasm]

Schools have to present everything to avoid favoring one or the other. Parents are supposed to guide their children's choices by teaching and by example. Knowledge is power, to borrow a stupid phrase, and by only teaching kids about what "everyone" thinks is right, you're not teaching them anything.
You know you've done a good job when your kid knows about all the different religions, cultures, and lifestyles and chooses one that incorporates your values because you made such a lasting impression of living a good life. It's not so impressive when it's all they know.
I may not agree with everything MTV does, but the administration has the final say about what is shown in the classroom, so whoever makes the show, it will be appropriate when/if shown in Eastland classrooms.

Dreamcatcher

Begging your pardon...but the administration does not have the final say on what all the kids see and watch. Parents do!

kids don't need to be exposed to everything...there is alot to be said for inocence. Power is also not all important.

spy
06-12-2004, 12:22 PM
There is a fine line between innocence and HORRIBLE, DESTRUCTIVE IGNORANCE.

Miss Mally
06-12-2004, 01:18 PM

yes...that life style does tend to end up being horrible and destructive...and it is chosen in ignorance.

Pond
06-12-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm supporting. When children start to hit puberty and realise that their interests are different then the other kids their age, they need to learn soon that they're not just freaks. That other people go through it and it's normal.
Icktoose I just can`t agree with you on this one . I believe and KNOW that people change between the ages and have a different way of looking at things ... A Child that just hits puberty... is just that a CHILD ! I have seen Girls that wanted to be boys when they were this age and even kept their hair short .. You ought to see them now !

spy
06-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Icktoose I just can`t agree with you on this one . I believe and KNOW that people change between the ages and have a different way of looking at things ... A Child that just hits puberty... is just that a CHILD ! I have seen Girls that wanted to be boys when they were this age and even kept their hair short .. You ought to see them now !

They were either straight tomboys, or they've grown up to be more feminine lesbians. And looks do not determine sexuality, even though a lot of homosexuals fit the stereotypes that society has placed on them. Sex ed is taught at the puberty age. They should learn about homosexuality then, also, because it's all part of it. Learning about it isn't going to turn them gay because it's NOT a choice. Unless the person is bisexual. Then he or she chooses to have a hetero or homo relationship.

And I don't understand your point. Of course people change. People CONSTANTLY change, and at that age, the change is in overdrive. I'm just saying that the kids should know that homosexuality is here and it's not something they should be or feel alienated for.

spy
06-12-2004, 01:56 PM

yes...that life style does tend to end up being horrible and destructive...and it is chosen in ignorance.
What do you mean by "tend"? ANY lifestyle can be horrible and destructive. What grounds do you have to say that the homosexual lifestyle "tends" to end up being worse than a hetero sexual lifestyle? They have the same probability of ending up bad.

And it is not chosen. SEXUALITY CANNOT BE CHOSEN. Could you force yourself to be sexually and emotionally attracted to a woman? I think not. You like big, macho, hairy men. Did you choose to like men of this sort? Or did it just happen to be that way?

Miss Mally
06-12-2004, 02:08 PM

What do you mean by "tend"? ANY lifestyle can be horrible and destructive. What grounds do you have to say that the homosexual lifestyle "tends" to end up being worse than a hetero sexual lifestyle? They have the same probability of ending up bad.

And it is not chosen. SEXUALITY CANNOT BE CHOSEN. Could you force yourself to be sexually and emotionally attracted to a woman? I think not. You like big, macho, hairy men. Did you choose to like men of this sort? Or did it just happen to be that way?

we have free choice in what life style we choose...even if we are born with certain attractions. Some people are born with the gene that makes them have addictive personalities...that doesn't mean they have to become an alcoholic. They choose whether to drink or not. Any lifestyle that in contrary to God's will is destructive. God doesn't tell us to live the life style he was...because he is mean...it is because he loves us and wants what is best for us. The bible guides us towards a lifestyle that is not destructive. The probablility is no where near the same.

BigGunz
06-12-2004, 03:34 PM
I agree that it is here and they shouldnt be alienated for it.....unless it is thrown in your face!....If a gay person has chosen that lifestyle ( and no, I dont agree with you that its not chosen at least by all) then so be it...whether it was something they want to experiment with or just to annoy their parents or its simply what they enjoy doing...no matter how I feel about it. It is ultimately that individuals own decision to make. However when this gay person goes to the extreme of flaunting it and making sure that everyone knows what he/she is doing (flaming gay) thats just not called for nor warranted. Case in point...my sister is a lesbian...you couldnt tell it by looking at her. She does not flaunt that around. She knows it was her choice to be one...and yes she will get right in your face and tell you striaght up..."my family didnt do anything to make me this way, they gave me good moral values and a healthy childhood...I wasnt born this way it is the life style I choose!" I love my sister with all my heart...wouldnt trade her for anything in this world and she knows the consequences of her decisions.

spy
06-12-2004, 04:39 PM
I've been in this debate twice already. I'm obviously not gaining any ground. The same things have been said over and over. I'm finished.

Pond
06-12-2004, 04:49 PM
I've been in this debate twice already. I'm obviously not gaining any ground. The same things have been said over and over. I'm finished.

I still like you ! :)

spy
06-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks! It's mutual.

Girlie
06-12-2004, 07:28 PM

That's kinda what I was thinking, icky ... about not even replying to this cuz everything what's been said will be said again, by the same people. We're not going to change each other's minds about it ... obviously, like you said ... but that's the cool part about being individuals and agreeing to disagree, and remaining friends! :)

BigGunz
06-12-2004, 08:03 PM
No we will never gain any ground on this subject. There will be those that say it is choice then there will be those that say they were born that way. And Im sure your sources believe that as well as your research...just like my source says the way they feel...If I hadnt had inside info i would tend to agree with Ick on the matter of it being not a choice but rather a matter of being born that way...but I cant since i have first hand knowledge . but then again everyone differs. Anyways I still like ya Icktoose!

Girlie
06-12-2004, 10:32 PM
You're right ... everyone has their own experiences with the subject and we all develop our attitudes and beliefs about it according to what experiences we've had ... or knowledge we've gained from those walking in those shoes.

alltherage
06-12-2004, 11:13 PM
you are born with it many gay people have crushes of the same gender long before they know what s ex is

hom ose x uality is not a decision the only decision to be made is weather or not to come out or not and it is because of the right wing response that many hom ose xuals do not come out until after they are married because it is what is expected of them.

Girlie
06-12-2004, 11:18 PM
you are born with it many gay people have crushes of the same gender long before they know what s ex is

hom ose x uality is not a decision the only decision to be made is weather or not to come out or not and it is because of the right wing response that many hom ose xuals do not come out until after they are married because it is what is expected of them.

so how does one explain what biggunz has said about his sister? He stated she says she chooses to live that way.

???

spy
06-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Thank you, biggunz. It's just like the conclusion we came up with the first few times. Some choose, some don't.

Miss Mally
06-12-2004, 11:59 PM
Iky...I accually do agree that some people are born this way...but it is still a choice. Some men are born with higher sex drives than others...and what would make them the happiest is having several women vs. just one....and while some choose to live this way and cheat on their wives....others choose not to...and are faithful.

There are somethings in this world that yes...feel good for the moment...or provide temperary happiness....but we must still say no...because it is wrong...even if we were born wanting to do those things.

BigGunz
06-13-2004, 07:26 AM
Thank you, biggunz. It's just like the conclusion we came up with the first few times. Some choose, some don't.

Exactly Icktoose!....your welcome...and Thank you also! :D

Anonymous
06-15-2004, 08:45 AM

I do believe incorporating "HOme a sexaul T.v." is quite different that teaching "SEX ED." Sexual Education is the class in which they teach safe ways for having sex for the main purpose which is to create a human being. They simply take it a step further by introduction contraceptives and protection, because, not everyone wants to make a baby when they have sex... I don't see that similarity between "HOme a sexaul T.v." and "SEX ED"... and I'm not supporting either

My sex education consisted of fertilization of the egg and stages of the fetal development. We certainly weren' t taught how the sperm reached the egg and the stages of childBIRTH. :shock: That education was to be administered by our parents in the PRIVACY of our homes. :wink:

Miss Mally
06-15-2004, 08:54 AM

My sex education consisted of fertilization of the egg and stages of the fetal development. We certainly weren' t taught how the sperm reached the egg and the stages of childBIRTH. :shock: That education was to be administered by our parents in the PRIVACY of our homes. :wink:

When I was in seventh grade in MW, our science teacher showed a film in science class...mixed company etc. It began with a man and a woman talking....then switch to a internal camera...showing penitration...sperm traveling...the stages of fetal development and yes...the birth of the child. We were tested on this...not watching was not an option...our parents were not notified or asked to give permission. I was embarrased and confused by this. I think the whole class was. I knew my mom would have a fit about it....but I didn't tell her. She worked at the school...I didn't want problems with my teacher....I didn't want mom to have problems at the school.

You can never be to careful about staying informed about what is being shown to your child at school. Teachers often have different morals and values than what you want your child to learn.

Julie
06-15-2004, 02:40 PM
Teachers often have different morals and values than what you want your child to learn.

They often have different religious views also. Both religious doctrine and sexual preferences should be subjects left for the parent to deal with. The school needs to only require students to treat other students with respect. No one should get preferential treatment because they have different viewpoints, different sexual orientations, are from a different religion, different race, gender, etc. You don't have to have a class on each person's differences, the school only needs to disallow any bullying or mistreatment of other students for ANY reason.

CuriousGal
06-15-2004, 08:47 PM
I can't say that I remember any offensive sex education while I was in the EISD. We were taught about reproduction in a purely clinical way. I'd known the birds and the bees for years because not long after I learned to read, my parents gave me 2 books that were published by a religious organization (can't remember exactly who) and they were completely tasteful. There were illustrations and easy-to-understand text. My parents still have those books and I very well might use them with my future children. They're still factual and the family was made up of a husband, wife and children. Nothing more, nothing less. Same-sex things will be dealt with by me and my future husband when our children are ready for it. NOT the school.

The only thing I remember that was mildly questionable was a film we saw in our Freshman year about VD. There was nothing inappropriate at all but those pictures were pretty disgusting! They sure woke me up and made me see that I never wanted VD! Mission accomplished.

CG