PDA

View Full Version : Ice Age Delayed

Rhiannon
06-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Despite the recent trend toward global warming, scientists have long wondered whether the earth is nearing another ice age, an end to the 12,000-year temperate spell in which modern civilizations arose. Some have said such a transition is overdue, given that each of the three temperate intervals that immediately preceded the current one lasted only about 10,000 years.

But now, in an eagerly awaited study, a group of climate and ice experts say they have new evidence that earth is not even halfway through the current warm era. The evidence comes from the oldest layers of Antarctic ice ever sampled.

Some scientists earlier proposed similar hypotheses, basing them on the current configuration of earth's orbit, which seems to set the metronome that ice ages dance to. Temperature patterns deciphered in sea-bottom sediments in recent years supported the theory

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/10/science/10CLIM.html

I'm sure we can all breathe a sigh of relief to hear this. The debate whether we shall fry or freeze is still ongoing.

Miss Mally
06-10-2004, 01:55 PM
One thing we know for sure...we will not all drowned.

God promised...no more flood.

I am going with the we will fry thing...since God said the next time he would destroy the earth....it would be by fire.

jenfrog81
06-10-2004, 02:01 PM
LOL . Have your fire suits on LOL

Girlie
06-10-2004, 02:11 PM
LOL . Have your fire suits on LOL

lol, it's called the Armor of God, found in Ephesians 6:13 !!!

jenfrog81
06-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Yea . That's what I mean All I know is I want to Be Dead before GOD comes Back * I hear its going to be a Ugle thing when He gets all of his children off * LOL

Girlie
06-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Yea . That's what I mean All I know is I want to Be Dead before GOD comes Back * I hear its going to be a Ugle thing when He gets all of his children off * LOL

That's a controversial subject ... I don't think anyone really knows what it is going to be like, but from what people have interpreted in the Bible, it will get ugly AFTER the rapture, when all of God's people have already been taken. I don't know, God hasn't enlightened me about all that yet, lol. But, if it gets ugly before Jesus returns ... I wanna already be in Heaven by that time, too.

I like the part of the Bible that talks about ruling and reigning with Christ for 1,000 years!

The gates of hell shall not prevail !!!

jenfrog81
06-10-2004, 02:40 PM
ruling and reigning with Christ for 1,000 years!
I wonder what that means ?

Anonymous
06-10-2004, 02:54 PM
(Oh why, oh why must I always get into the religious stuff! I'll only let my imagination go too far as usual!)

I read the book of Revelations and from what I understand all of God's children will be taken into heaven and those that are left will suffer God's wrath which will supposedly consist of fire and plague and darkness as well as giant holes in the earth and famine and pretty much the ultimate suffering without the relief of death. Revelations says that Satan himself will reign over the earth and turn everyone against God even more than they already were, which at that point God will make them suffer more and more until they beg for forgiveness then they will be damned to the depths of hell to pay for their unwillingness to repent. But luckily all of the people that are worthy of heaven will already be there once all the destruction begins. And it will begin with the seven trumpeters and the 4 angels and so on and so forth.

But keep in mind that the prophet didnt know how to translate certain things that exist in our time and our future, so things that he described such as giant locusts and scorpians in the sky could very well be bomber jets and helicopters and the plagues could be from chemical warfare and such. We wont really know the true translation of it all until it comes to pass. I'm just afraid that it may be sooner than some people think, it just might begin with WW3. Although, I truly hope that it doesnt.

jenfrog81
06-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Me , either . but i know i won't be around to see the ungly

Rhiannon
06-11-2004, 07:22 AM
If you have one foot in a bucket of boiling water and the other in a bucket of ice water, on the average you're comfortable.

DrDon
06-11-2004, 09:03 PM
...a group of climate and ice experts say they have new evidence that earth is not even halfway through the current warm era.

Well, that stinks! Now what do I do with my new snow plow?