PDA

View Full Version : madsaw.com

newstime
06-12-2004, 02:03 PM
I am glad to be able to go to madsaw.com and see what the new city ordinances are all about. I not a smoker, but do find it almost amusing that there is no smoking at the baseball/softball fields (thank goodness), but you can still walk into the Minute Mart on Seaman St. for 3 minutes and come out smelling like you have been at a honky tonk all night.

AlwaysRadio
06-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Who is responsible for this website?

Art
06-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Shouldn't the question be Who is responsible for the cigarette smell in Minit Mart? Who of you think adults should smoke in front of kids at the ballpark? Have you ever sat in the bleachers downwind of a smoker? Yuck. Bravo for the no smoking signs.

MadMabel
06-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Crash, attend the Concerned Citizens Meeting Thursday, June 17th at the End of the Trails at 5:30pm. Anyone there will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

newstime
06-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Who is responsible for this website?

It is on the front page of Sunday's Eastland Telegram in an article by Kim Burke called: E.C.C. Adds Board Members, Candidates' Names Discussed.

whocares
06-12-2004, 06:09 PM
http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/whois/index.jhtml

Go to this website and find out.

AlwaysRadio
06-12-2004, 07:05 PM
No disrespect, but I am trying to lean away from the local newspaper, particularly after an unfair report that our media supposedly impeded the first of the citizens meetings. We were misinformed before our deadline that day, but the paper couldn't leave it well enough alone!

AlwaysRadio
06-12-2004, 07:22 PM
Just to clear the air, I have been keeping in touch with both city representatives and members of the Concerned Citizens Group concerning the progress of working out each ordinance. I am confident that your hard work has been successful, and maybe the citizens and the city will not see eye to eye on some of the ordinances, but both sides are to be commended for the research and communication in this issue....I think this will make for a very positive outcome when the city council meets this month.

BigGunz
06-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Shouldn't the question be Who is responsible for the cigarette smell in Minit Mart? Who of you think adults should smoke in front of kids at the ballpark? Have you ever sat in the bleachers downwind of a smoker? Yuck. Bravo for the no smoking signs.

I agree !... Being a smoker myself I would and never have smoked at atheletic events especially where children are involved. Its nasty and stinks to me...I imagine how repulsive it smells to the non smokers and children....somethings just make sense...and this is one of them!

Girlie
06-12-2004, 10:33 PM
biggunz ... it's nasty and stinks to you and you still do it? Did I read that right? LOL

Miss Mally
06-13-2004, 12:05 AM
I don't have a problem with alot of what I read but the bit about the ac just slays me.

(K) any building occupied by humans that does not have in operating condition, heating equipment capable of maintaining a minimum inside temperature of 68 degrees Fahrenheit between November 1 and April 15 01 each year:

I don't ever want my inside temp 68 degree in the summer. I don't even turn my ac on till mid July or later. The ac hurts my bad knee...makes it ache. I don't think it is the cities or anyone elses business whether I have AC or what temp it is able to keep my house at. What are they going to go door to door with a thermometer...checking the houses temp? This is rediculous!

BigGunz
06-13-2004, 07:22 AM
biggunz ... it's nasty and stinks to you and you still do it? Did I read that right? LOL

Yeah...lol...but not full time......I dont smoke much....and can go without for long periods of time....dont ask!.....lol

whocares
06-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Air conditioning? Summertime?

It says heating equipment between November 1 and April 15 capable of heating the house to 68 degrees. Not one word about air conditioning or summertime.
How many people freeze to death or suffer from exposure each winter because they don't have heat, even in Texas? We're not talking about comfort here. We're talking about survival.

Miss Mally
06-13-2004, 07:52 AM
begging your pardon....here

or air conditioning equipment capable of maintaining a maximum inside temperature of 85 degrees Fahrenheit or twenty degrees lower than the outside temperature, whichever is warmer, between April 16 and October 31 of each year; or

You know what....how did people ever survive in this world before electricity.

Miss Mally
06-13-2004, 07:54 AM
if someone is unable to provide heat for their home...they are probably way to poor to pay a fine. If the city is worried about their health and survival....they need to handle it a different way than fine them.

Pond
06-13-2004, 07:59 AM
It is all about putting more laws to control people . I think the code person needs something to do .. It is a way to clean up shacks ..

Rhiannon
06-13-2004, 08:24 AM
if someone is unable to provide heat for their home...they are probably way to poor to pay a fine. If the city is worried about their health and survival....they need to handle it a different way than fine them.

I agree with that!

Miss Mally
06-13-2004, 08:48 AM
serveral years ago...when we lived in Sherman...had just bought our first house.

It was an old farm house...and had no central heat. Had no insulation to speak of either...in fact...there were a couple of places...if you looked just right...you could see daylight through the corners. We had put every dime we had into the down payment, a range for the kitchen. We bought this house in Nov. lol it had one little ceramic heater in the bathroom. We scraped together enough to by one more small ceramic heater for the dinning room.

It was the coldest winter I have ever spent. I was afraid to leave the little heaters on at night while we slept. So lots of mornings...there would be ice on the inside of the windows. Me hubby would get up early and light the two heaters and the burners on the range and oven. when the kitchen had warmed a bit...I would get the kids up and we would cook butter toast in the oven and sit in the kitchen floor and eat off the oven door.

Lots of evenings were spent cuddling under a blanket lol. You know what...that winter has some of my best memories. The kids still talk about eating off the oven door.

By the next winter, we had bought a wood burning stove...and then our little house would get so hot we had to open the windows to breath lol.

DrDon
06-13-2004, 02:44 PM
It is all about putting more laws to control people.

You got that right. What good is having "private" property when you have all these ordinances telling you what you can and can't do with it, what it can look like, and where your blasted thermometer has to be set?

whocares
06-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Laws such as this one are designed to protect the poor and elderly who can't pay much rent to the slumlord who refuses to fix up the houses to make them liveable. Now, tell me, should someone be able to make the slumlords spend a few dollars to fix the leaking roof and the broken windows, or should we just turn our backs on those who are caught between homelessness and living in a shack?
I think it's time for us to start looking at the positive side of these ordinances instead of screaming, 'the city is the evil empire'. They're not.

Pond
06-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Laws such as this one are designed to protect the poor and elderly who can't pay much rent to the slumlord who refuses to fix up the houses to make them liveable. Now, tell me, should someone be able to make the slumlords spend a few dollars to fix the leaking roof and the broken windows, or should we just turn our backs on those who are caught between homelessness and living in a shack?
I think it's time for us to start looking at the positive side of these ordinances instead of screaming, 'the city is the evil empire'. They're not. If they are designed for landlords then they should say that ! There are already laws on the books that protect the poor and the elderly.
I have never thought that THE CITY was an evil Empire. THE CITY aren`t the ones to tell the landlords to A/C their houses for the renters. You are trying to turn this into a pity party . ARE YOU A DEMO ??

whocares
06-13-2004, 05:32 PM
You see it your way. I'll see it mine. You know that a law can't target a particular person or class of persons. All it can do is set standards to ensure that the poor and elderly are not run over by those with an insatiable appetite for making money at any cost.

Miss Mally
06-13-2004, 07:43 PM
I shouldn't have to keep an ac in my home...because some slum lord doesn't provide ac in his rent houses.

I don't see the city as some evil empire either...but I also believe in less government not more.

how many people have we had die in Eastland County due to exposer? I am not trying to be hard nosed about the elderly or the poor...but putting laws on the books that can be abused later down the road...isn't the way to to help them.

Laws can be set up to address landlords and property that is used as rental...without effecting those who just own homes and live in them. It is not discrimnation....it happens all the time at the state and federal level...laws that address certain types of businesses.

Art
06-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Did y'all know that putting "but" in the middle of a sentence nullifies everything before it?

Pond
06-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Did y'all know that putting "but" in the middle of a sentence nullifies everything before it?

Really, you just need to ask" WHOCARES " I just couldn`t help myself .. :lol:

Pond
06-13-2004, 08:12 PM
You see it your way. I'll see it mine. You know that a law can't target a particular person or class of persons. All it can do is set standards to ensure that the poor and elderly are not run over by those with an insatiable appetite for making money at any cost.

OK :)

Miss Mally
06-13-2004, 08:13 PM

Main Entry: 1but
Pronunciation: 'b&t
Function: conjunction
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English butan, preposition & conj., outside, without, except, except that; akin to Old High German buzan without, except; akin to Old English be by, ut out -- more at BY, OUT
1 a : except for the fact <would have protested but that he was afraid> b : THAT -- used after a negative <there is no doubt but he won> c : without the concomitant that <it never rains but it pours> d : if not : UNLESS e : THAN <no sooner started but it stopped> -- not often in formal use
2 a : on the contrary : on the other hand : NOTWITHSTANDING -- used to connect coordinate elements <he was called but he did not answer> <not peace but a sword> b : YET <poor but proud> c : with the exception of -- used before a word often taken to be the subject of a clause <none but the brave deserves the fair -- John Dryden>
- but what : that... not -- used to indicate possibility or uncertainty <I don't know but what I will go>

note the bold underlined statement...I don't believe the but here nulifies the person is poor.

whocares
06-13-2004, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure what Art's point was. And I'm certainly not sure why Art should ask me anything.
I know that when you say, "I'm sorry, but..." it means you're not really sorry. When you say, "I love you, but..." it means you don't love me.
I respect you, but...
I understand, but...
I agree, but...
I'm not trying to be hard-nosed about the poor and elderly, BUT...

CuriousGal
06-13-2004, 10:20 PM
Good Lord people!!! I think that this particular code is self-explanatory. The purpose is to make sure that the elderly don't die in their own homes from the cold or the heat and let's face it, many die from both throughout this country and throughout this world. No one is going to go into your home Mally, and test your A/C or your heater in order to make sure that it hits those parameters. I would think that the purpose of this code is to allow city officials to check on the elderly and make sure that they are not in danger of freezing to death or frying to death.

Someone please please tell me if I'm barking up the wrong tree. I actually think that this is great because there are so many elderly people who live in Eastland and they're completely alone. If they have kids, they don't care and no one is helping them.

Maybe Goalie can enlighten us on this one? Exactly what allows an officer to enter a home and check for heat or warmth?

CG

Goalie
06-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Goalie is staying as far away from this debate as he can! LOL

The decision on laws, statutes and ordinances is left up to the governing body of a governmental entity, and I wish ours the very best of luck in providing what the citizens of Eastland deserve, expect, and need.

DrDon
06-13-2004, 10:53 PM
I suppose I was in crabby mode when I read the info at madsaw.com :oops: , and I know it doesn't even affect me since I don't live in the Eastland city limits.

However, it seems to me that there are more and more laws that restrict the choices of the people. Are you aware there are ordinances in some West Coast towns that restrict the color of paint you can use on the interior of your homes? Granted, it's in the land of fruits and nuts, but who's to say it can't happen here someday.

Most cities and towns don't have the manpower to enforce laws already on the books, yet new ones keep getting made. I guess they feel they have to do something, even if it may be wrong.

CuriousGal
06-13-2004, 11:04 PM

The decision on laws, statutes and ordinances is left up to the governing body of a governmental entity, and I wish ours the very best of luck in providing what the citizens of Eastland deserve, expect, and need.

Ok Goalie. I understand that you can't speak definitively on this and I respect that. This is my point. While it might seem strange to many that this code is on the books, it doesn't seem so strange to me. I live in the DFW area and countless elderly persons die each summer and each winter here due to our Texas summers and winters. Those who are alarmed by this code need to realize the good that can come of it. I don't know why the powers that be in Eastland County enacted this code but I hope that they did so so that it's easier to check on those elderly folks who need to be checked on. I wouldn't want any elderly person to die because they didn't have air conditioning or because they didn't have heat in their own home.

CG

CuriousGal
06-13-2004, 11:13 PM
......Are you aware there are ordinances in some West Coast towns that restrict the color of paint you can use on the interior of your homes? Granted, it's in the land of fruits and nuts, but who's to say it can't happen here someday.....

The West Coast might make rules about the color you can paint your dining room but I can't see that ever flying here in Texas. It's bad enough that home owner's associations can dictate what a homeowner can do but even I, the consummate conservative Republican, understand the necessity for the homeowners association. I can also understand the necessity of fighting that association. People feel the need to protect their property value and I can't disagree with that. Can you?

CG

AnonyMouseII
06-13-2004, 11:13 PM

But, the law can target property rented out as housing! Don't force me to install equipment that I can't afford. What about me getting run over by those with an insatiable appetite for "control"?

BigGunz
06-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Its true...when I lived in Thousand Oaks California we lived ina subdivision of homes known as West lake Village...there were rules to follow and they were strict...grass could only be so tall..trash cans taken to the curb at 8 am and had to be brought back to the house and in the garage out of sight by 10:30 am....no cars at all left ont the streets EVER. You could not work on your car in the drive way it had to be done in the garage...and no work of any kind like hammering sawing music whatever before 9 am and no later that 9 pm yet on week ends it was extended to 10:30 pm for certain things. Homes could only be painted certain approved colors and you had to show proof that you had your fireplaces cleaned every year. Just a whole slew of rules...and yes there are some communites in Texas that do some of the same...not anything I could afford to live at though!....lol

Miss Mally
06-14-2004, 03:07 AM

Ok Goalie. I understand that you can't speak definitively on this and I respect that. This is my point. While it might seem strange to many that this code is on the books, it doesn't seem so strange to me. I live in the DFW area and countless elderly persons die each summer and each winter here due to our Texas summers and winters. Those who are alarmed by this code need to realize the good that can come of it. I don't know why the powers that be in Eastland County enacted this code but I hope that they did so so that it's easier to check on those elderly folks who need to be checked on. I wouldn't want any elderly person to die because they didn't have air conditioning or because they didn't have heat in their own home.

CG

like someone said earlier on a different thread about a different town...If I had wanted to live in the metromess...I would.
In fact...I have. Was not at all impressed.

It is not just the AC thing....or the heat thing. Though, whether I have AC in my home or not...is no ones business but mine. And even if I were a landlord...whether I provided AC or not in the home I rent...or whether I expected the renter to provide it...is no ones business but mine. If you don't like the home...don't rent it.

The sidewalk rules just crack me up. It is my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) that they can not be used by the homeowner for anything other than walking on. Can't sell anything from them (vending -which is fine), can't leave anything on them that may block them et. All that is fine and dandy...really it is...BUT (hahaha)....the homeowner must maintain them. If they get cracked, have grass grow up on them, buckle etc....the homeowner can be forced to repair them...or pay a fine. Look...as far as I am concerned....the homeowner should not have to maintain anything for public use....if I must maintain it...I should be able to put a fence around it...and not have people trespass on it or wear it out etc.

I really don't have a problem with the sidewalks being for public use....BUT (hahahahahaha) I do have a problem with them being concidered the homeowners responsibility to maintain.

Then you got the commercial property thing...where if you have a business...you must provide hot and cold water at the sinks. I have an office building....and no we don't have a hot water heater in it. Don't need one...no one takes a bath there....and it don't hurt no one to have to wash their hands with cold water. What is with the city demanding that a business provide hot water in its sinks? As far as I am concerned...if you come to my offie to use the restroom...and you don't like cold water to wash your hands with...go use someone elses bathroom!

june
06-14-2004, 11:32 AM

CG

HONEY THIS IS EASTLAND. AS OF YET, THEY HAVE NOT TAKEN OVER EASTLAND COUNTY, ALMOST BUT NOT QUITE.

jenfrog81
06-14-2004, 12:00 PM
There is Lots of Goverment help out there for the poor . There is also lots of Funds out there for people to get to help with buying gas stoves or ac units * All people need to do is Research and ask around !

sage
06-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Jen all the help for the elderly (ac's and stuff like that ) is a joke. my friends Granny went a couple of years ago to get her a ac from, I guess the welfare dept. not really sure, and she had to be there like a 6 or 7 in the morning to wait about 4 more hours only to be told they had no more ac's.

Rhiannon
06-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Why is the sigt called madsaw?

BigGunz
06-14-2004, 06:58 PM
becuas from what I read there is a website...madsaw.com you can visit to read the regulations?

Rhiannon
06-14-2004, 08:44 PM
becuas from what I read there is a website...madsaw.com you can visit to read the regulations?

But it sounds like a saw gone mad!

AlwaysRadio
06-14-2004, 09:09 PM
Could be that they want to saw some of these regulartion????

CuriousGal
06-14-2004, 09:43 PM

CG

like someone said earlier on a different thread about a different town...If I had wanted to live in the metromess...I would.
In fact...I have. Was not at all impressed.....

Mally, this has nothing to do with living in a metropolitan area or a rural area. I've stated that I don't know WHY this code was enacted and I stated that I hope that it can be seen positively. Maybe, just maybe, this code can be used for good. Maybe it can be used to check on the elderly. Is there something wrong with that? A lot of elderly people never have a knock on the door from someone who wants to make sure that they're all right.

An elderly person can die in his/her own home of heat exhaustion just as easily in Eastland county as he/she can die in Dallas county. I've known of elderly Eastlanders who have fallen and broken a hip in their homes, become immobilized, unable to call for help and it was 3 DAYS before they were transported to the hospital. That knowledge comes from actual experience and not hearsay. I've known of the elderly here in the DFW who have fallen and broken a limb and they simply pushed the button that they wore around their neck. That alerted their neighbor and emergency services. They were at an emergency room within minutes. Again, ACTUAL experience. That was as a result of a service offered here in the DFW area several years ago that might be offered in Eastland today. I'm not sure but I'm certain that you can enlighten me about that. Nonetheless, lying with a broken hip for 3 days versus being in an emergency room in minutes? I'll take the latter.

One clarification. I also have heard of the elderly who have fallen and broken bones here in the DFW area only to wait for days until someone checks on them. It happens EVERYWHERE!!! And it's not right.

You tried to turn my comments into a DFW vs. Eastland County debate and it doesn't fly and I don't appreciate it. I'm only stating that I would agree with a city code that enables peace officers or anyone else to check on the elderly because so many are completely alone and THAT'S NOT RIGHT!!! I understand that you don't want the city or county or whoever to have the right by law to come into your home to check out your A/C and heating situation. I wouldn't be happy with that either simply because it's an infringement on my privacy but I love heat and A/C and will always have units that fit the code. If you're so incensed with all of this, I'd suggest you push for an amendment to this code but for God's sake, allow it to remain in such a way that the elderly have some protection. They do deserve that and most can't fight for that themselves.

When the elderly don't have family to rely on, who do they rely on? Someone has to step in and take care of them. It's only right. We DON'T put our elderly out to pasture. We take care of them and we learn from them. If we don't? We lose because we didn't learn from them but they lose the most by dying of heat exhaustion, malnourishment, freezing temperatures, broken hips that go unnoticed, etc. That is UNACCEPTABLE.

CG

CuriousGal
06-14-2004, 09:48 PM
HONEY THIS IS EASTLAND. AS OF YET, THEY HAVE NOT TAKEN OVER EASTLAND COUNTY, ALMOST BUT NOT QUITE.

HONEY,

So sorry for that, dear. I find myself constantly trying to use the correct terminology and I made a mistake on that one.

CG

CuriousGal
06-14-2004, 09:58 PM
There is Lots of Goverment help out there for the poor . There is also lots of Funds out there for people to get to help with buying gas stoves or ac units * All people need to do is Research and ask around !

I'm with you on this completely. The only problem is that some of the elderly are simply TOO elderly to understand how to go about getting what they might qualify for so they just stay at home and die of the heat. They have NO ONE to help them take care of themselves. I'm not a fan of lard-butts who sit on their couches expecting me to take care of them (unfortunately, a LARGE portion of my salary goes to buy their clothes, beer, automobiles, homes, etc. - heck, they live better than I do!) but I do care about those who can't take care of themselves and the elderly certainly fall into that category.

CG

Miss Mally
06-14-2004, 11:59 PM

CG

In fact...I have. Was not at all impressed.....

Mally, this has nothing to do with living in a metropolitan area or a rural area. I've stated that I don't know WHY this code was enacted and I stated that I hope that it can be seen positively. Maybe, just maybe, this code can be used for good. Maybe it can be used to check on the elderly. Is there something wrong with that? A lot of elderly people never have a knock on the door from someone who wants to make sure that they're all right.

An elderly person can die in his/her own home of heat exhaustion just as easily in Eastland county as he/she can die in Dallas county. I've known of elderly Eastlanders who have fallen and broken a hip in their homes, become immobilized, unable to call for help and it was 3 DAYS before they were transported to the hospital. That knowledge comes from actual experience and not hearsay. I've known of the elderly here in the DFW who have fallen and broken a limb and they simply pushed the button that they wore around their neck. That alerted their neighbor and emergency services. They were at an emergency room within minutes. Again, ACTUAL experience. That was as a result of a service offered here in the DFW area several years ago that might be offered in Eastland today. I'm not sure but I'm certain that you can enlighten me about that. Nonetheless, lying with a broken hip for 3 days versus being in an emergency room in minutes? I'll take the latter.

One clarification. I also have heard of the elderly who have fallen and broken bones here in the DFW area only to wait for days until someone checks on them. It happens EVERYWHERE!!! And it's not right.

You tried to turn my comments into a DFW vs. Eastland County debate and it doesn't fly and I don't appreciate it. I'm only stating that I would agree with a city code that enables peace officers or anyone else to check on the elderly because so many are completely alone and THAT'S NOT RIGHT!!! I understand that you don't want the city or county or whoever to have the right by law to come into your home to check out your A/C and heating situation. I wouldn't be happy with that either simply because it's an infringement on my privacy but I love heat and A/C and will always have units that fit the code. If you're so incensed with all of this, I'd suggest you push for an amendment to this code but for God's sake, allow it to remain in such a way that the elderly have some protection. They do deserve that and most can't fight for that themselves.

When the elderly don't have family to rely on, who do they rely on? Someone has to step in and take care of them. It's only right. We DON'T put our elderly out to pasture. We take care of them and we learn from them. If we don't? We lose because we didn't learn from them but they lose the most by dying of heat exhaustion, malnourishment, freezing temperatures, broken hips that go unnoticed, etc. That is UNACCEPTABLE.

CG

First of all...it shouldn't take a city code in order for the elderly to be taken care of.

Second...the code as it is written says not one thing about the elderly...and yes while it has the potential for good...it also has the potential for bad. Welfare has the potential for good...but when my taxes go out the roof for it...there is abuse somewhere.

And third...you are the one that compaired Eastland first to the codes you live with in your current neighborhood....NOT ME. I simply stated I didn't live where you do...because I don't like the metromess. I would have never mentioned where you live if you hadn't have done so first. I don't appreciate the spin YOU tried to put on that one.

Julie
06-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Let me first say that I have not yet had time to go to the madsaw website of read the city ordinances, but... ;)

I think these regulations will not be acted upon unless someone enters a complaint. Just like the city ordinances about vendors (like the ones who set up the temporary shoe stores in the parking lots out near Wal-Mart) getting a permit or being bonded or something. There is an ordinance on the book, but unless someone were to enter a complaint, no one is going to check and see if they set up shop in accordance to city ordinances. I'm not saying I agree with most of these ordinances, because I think most of them are a waste of ink.

I don't think the ordinances are going to protect the elderly from dieing of heat exhaustion. I think Dallas has many city ordinances, yet as CG has stated, they have people dieing from heat exhaustion. I have never thought that fining the poor because they can't afford something would produce any good results. Even if a person of low income were to have an A/C that fits the standards, it doesn't require them to use it. Therefore, that makes it sound as if the city is after the apt complexes and landlords who are collecting the rent for the air conditioned housing they advertised, but are not maintaining the unit and then they don't supply screens on the windows so you can open up a window when the A/C goes out. These ordinances would result in a renter having a place to enter a complaint, and then the landlord being fined if they unit is not repaired/replaced promptly. I do believe that those housing standards should be designated as for commercial/rental property rather than for the homeowner.

I also don't think that all businesses should have to supply hot water. I too had a business that didn't have a hot water heater. I didn't need it to wash the paint off my hands, and it wasn't a public restroom. I think hot water should only have to be supplied if you are a restaurant or a beauty shop. But then I don't think you need a city ordinance to require a beauty shop to have hot water... I think customer's will demand that! ;)

june
06-15-2004, 08:34 AM
CG, in your comparison of comparing an elderly person with a bell as being from the BIG CITY and one without being from RURAL Eastland, you are comparing apples to organes...Our elderly have access to the signal systems...some just are not known to be that fraile or have asked for help...some are just too frugal or too destitute to ask...

CuriousGal
06-15-2004, 09:11 PM
CG, in your comparison of comparing an elderly person with a bell as being from the BIG CITY and one without being from RURAL Eastland, you are comparing apples to organes...Our elderly have access to the signal systems...some just are not known to be that fraile or have asked for help...some are just too frugal or too destitute to ask...

I also stated in my post that I was uncertain as to whether or not those services are available in Eastland County. I feel that they probably are available but won't state that they are definitively until I know that to be a fact. I'd rather not make assumptions about anything. I was NOT trying to knock anyone who lives in a rural area nor was I trying to knock the services in a rural area. I do know from personal experience that those alert services can be extremely beneficial and I do wish that all who need them, regardless of age, could and would take advantage of them.

CG