PDA

View Full Version : Don't play with your food

jenfrog81
06-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Police called to food fight
Saturday, June 12, 2004 Posted: 7:24 AM EDT (1124 GMT)

WOODBURY, New York -- (AP) -- Some 300 teenagers waged a food fight in their school cafeteria so fierce that educators had to call police to help them restore order.

The students at Monroe-Woodbury High School, about 40 miles north of New York City, had ignored school officials' attempts to end the disturbance.

With officers standing by, the teens were ushered out of the cafeteria and into the gymnasium, where school officials tried to determine who instigated the melee. A surveillance video also was being reviewed to determine those responsible.

Nine police cruisers from three agencies, including state police, responded to the call , the Times Herald Record of Middletown reported Friday.

No one was injured during the fight.

When asked by the newspaper what was on the menu, district Superintendent Terrence Olivo replied, "Whatever's on the floor."

On Wednesday, at a middle school in Waterbury, Connecticut, seven seventh-graders -- three girls and four boys -- were arrested after a food fight in a middle school cafeteria left two teachers and a detective with minor injuries. The charges included breach of peace, assault and inciting a riot. All were released to their parents after promising to appear in juvenile court.

Miss Mally
06-12-2004, 02:42 PM
does these mean we shouldn't have a food fight here?

jenfrog81
06-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Oh I don't know , LOL . you May hurt my computer LOL .

BigGunz
06-12-2004, 08:19 PM
I would much rather see a food fight in a scholl cafeteria where the kids are laughing than a gang fight with some kids dead!

Girlie
06-12-2004, 10:38 PM
How true, biggunz ... unfortunately, our kids aren't allowed to be kids anymore. I love a good food fight ... and been in a few at the school cafeteria myself!