PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Reagan Vetoes Clinton Eulogy, etc.

CuriousGal
06-13-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm going to post the text of an e-mail I received from www.newsmax.com. Yes, the website is conservative but I've been receiving e-mails from them for over a year and a half and I've found that they report the truth. If you're so inclined, please read, do your own research and decide for yourself if all of this is true. I've condensed everything down into one paragraph per topic but I have not deleted one word or comma. I've only deleted double returns, creating one large paragraph rather than several. All of the words are there in their original order with punctuation. I thought it might be best to save space.

"1. Lady Thatcher's Dress

Our loyal readers will note that NewsMax was the first to report not only that Lady Thatcher would attend Ronald Reagan's funeral service, but also that she was still in good health. The Iron Lady demonstrated her remarkable constitution by attending and having her 10-minute video eulogy shown during the Reagan service and then boarding Nancy Reagan's jet to fly another five hours to be with Ronnie as America bid him a final farewell at his burial service in Simi Valley. Lady Thatcher was the only world leader to attend both the funeral and burial service. We hear that Lady Thatcher believed that Reagan's funeral was one of the last important occasions in her public life. So important that over two years ago, with Reagan's health failing, she purchased a black dress for the occasion. Since then, during her travels, she has taken the dress with her - just in case Reagan passed and she had no time to return to London.

2. Nancy Reagan Vetoes Clinton Eulogy

It was reported earlier this past week that former President Bill Clinton was furious that he had not been invited to speak at the Friday state funeral of former President Ronald Reagan. Clinton, so the story went, felt that the Reagan rites were being 'politicized' and he preferred the Nixon funeral 10 years ago in which both former Democratic and Republican presidents spoke. In fact, Newsmax.com's John LeBoutillier has learned, it indeed was Nancy Reagan's adamant wish that Bill Clinton not speak at her late husband's funeral. LeBoutillier, a former U.S. congressman with friends close to the Reagan White House and Nancy, said Nancy feels that President Clinton stained the image of the Oval Office. Both Ronald and Nancy Reagan revered the Oval Office. As President, Ronald Reagan made it a policy always to wear a suit and tie in the Oval Office. Before taking office in early 1981, Reagan told aides he was stunned to see photos of Jimmy Carter lounging in the Oval Office in blue jeans and no tie. The soon-to-be-inaugurated 40th president then vowed that "things are going to change." Revelations during the Starr investigation disclosed that President Clinton conducted an illicit affair in the Oval Office with Monica Lewinsky. A source close to Nancy told LeBoutillier that Mrs. Reagan would have loved to have had the popular Democrat president eulogize her husband - but she did not want the funeral service "sullied" by the man who desecrated one of Ronnie's favorite places: the Oval Office."

CG

CuriousGal
06-13-2004, 09:54 PM
Just one aside, I agree wholeheartedly that Bill Clinton should NOT have been asked to give a eulogy for President Reagan and I can't understand why he's so upset. He's stated that he thinks the funeral was politicized and I think that's an extreme crock. This was a funeral of a great man and he and his family chose certain people to speak. As one radioman here in Dallas stated quite frankly, pointing out the difference between a true gentleman such as Reagan and a true lowlife scum such as Clinton, "why would the Reagan family want a man who had relations with lowlife women to speak about their loved one? Why would the Reagan family want a man who sullied the Oval Office with a woman, his wife or not, eulogize a man who was worlds better than that?"

To be honest? I'm not sure that Old Bill would have been up to the task because it seems as if he and Hillary were too busy falling asleep during the funeral. It was way too evident that they weren't happy sitting together but as Goalie said, their heads bobbed like ceramic dogs. I think they looked like bobbleheads. Having to hear a man who desecrated that office for eight years speak on behalf of such an amazing American who revered that office so much that he wouldn't even enter it without wearing a coat and tie, would have been too much for true, decent Americans to bear. I'm one of those Americans. I once was a guest at the White House and I was lucky enough to spend only 5+ hours in the Roosevelt room while I was briefed by George H.W. Bush's staff. I wore nice clothes, a blouse, skirt, high heels, understated jewelry. Clinton's idea of dressing up was nice jeans. I might have been accepted in jeans had I been a guest during his Presidency but I wouldn't have done it! I revere the White House, almost as much as I do any church. You wear your best and for ladies, that means a dress and for men, that means a coat and tie. Always.

CG

Pond
06-13-2004, 10:03 PM
You did good and I agree with your post !

Goalie
06-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Nancy once again demonstrated her good taste, integrity, dedication and class.

CuriousGal
06-13-2004, 10:33 PM
You did good and I agree with your post !

Thanks lady!!!! I was brought up right and I will always remember what I was taught. Respect is key. I still have a problem entering a church unless I have a dress on and I would never enter the White House as a guest again unless I was a appropriately attired. Gotta admit though that if I were on vacation in DC with my family and went on the regular tour? I might wear shorts simply because that's what they expect. I've done that tour before and was dressed in a business suit due to the circumstances but I didn't match many who were taking that tour behind all of us. I guess the big question is, how do you dress when you go to the White House? LOL

Thanks for your affirmation!! You're aces and I appreciate it!!

CG

CuriousGal
06-13-2004, 10:41 PM

I don't think that there was a First Lady prior to Nancy Reagan who was on par with her. I do believe that Barbara Bush and Laura Bush rank up there with Nancy Reagan. I do believe that Nancy Reagan epitomizes the First Lady role with her grace, her dedication to her husband and simply herself. It's none of my business here but I am thankful that she did what was right by NOT asking Clinton to eulogize her husband. We Americans needed to mourn and she allowed us to do that. God Bless her!!!! How rough this past week must have been on her?

She's one classy lady and I respect her trememdously for that.

CG

Miss Mally
06-14-2004, 03:13 AM

I don't think that there was a First Lady prior to Nancy Reagan who was on par with her. I do believe that Barbara Bush and Laura Bush rank up there with Nancy Reagan. I do believe that Nancy Reagan epitomizes the First Lady role with her grace, her dedication to her husband and simply herself. It's none of my business here but I am thankful that she did what was right by NOT asking Clinton to eulogize her husband. We Americans needed to mourn and she allowed us to do that. God Bless her!!!! How rough this past week must have been on her?

She's one classy lady and I respect her trememdously for that.

CG

Lady Bird Johnson was a pretty classy lady.

june
06-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Let's see @ $700 per month for 10 years that $700 X 12 X 10 = what? That's just one per contribution to less government of which Ronald Reagan bloated excessively...You could have flown in from Dallas a lot of Thachters...Oh and did you notice, Thacher was accompanied by a Kennedy family member? Nancy kind of slipped up on that one!!!