PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court Preserves 'God' in Pledge

fishhook
06-14-2004, 10:15 AM
I linked to this site this morning and found this:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/6/14/105445.shtml

Thanks, CG, for the link. :)

Here is what President Reagan said:

"Without God, there is no virtue, because there's no prompting of the conscience. Without God, we're mired in the material, that flat world that tells us only what the senses perceive. Without God, there is a coarsening of the society. And without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure. If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." -- Remarks at an Ecumenical Prayer Breakfast in Dallas, Texas, 23 August 1984 (emphasis mine)

Miss Mally
06-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Thank Goodness they used a little common sense.

Hopefully the court that hears the custody case will also use a bit of common sense.

BigGunz
06-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Well for now it is safe the supreme court got away without having to rule on it for now...but eventually they will!

CuriousGal
06-14-2004, 10:20 PM
I linked to this site this morning and found this:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/6/14/105445.shtml

Thanks, CG, for the link. :)

Here is what President Reagan said:

"Without God, there is no virtue, because there's no prompting of the conscience. Without God, we're mired in the material, that flat world that tells us only what the senses perceive. Without God, there is a coarsening of the society. And without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure. If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." -- Remarks at an Ecumenical Prayer Breakfast in Dallas, Texas, 23 August 1984 (emphasis mine)

You couldn't be more welcome!! Reagan spoke the truth clearly, didn't he? That man made more sense than any public person I've ever known. Thanks for sharing this.

CG

fishhook
06-15-2004, 05:02 PM
Yes he did have alot of good things to say. When he was President I was young and didn't pay all that much attention to politics, and now that I'm older I've found that voting is the way to voice my opinion. With the recent death of Pres. Reagan and hearing all the things people are saying about him and and the things I've seen and read about him I wish I had paid more attention. I've been eligible to vote for many years now and never have :oops: but I will this year, thanks in part to Mr. Reagan.

CuriousGal
06-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Yes he did have alot of good things to say. When he was President I was young and didn't pay all that much attention to politics, and now that I'm older I've found that voting is the way to voice my opinion. With the recent death of Pres. Reagan and hearing all the things people are saying about him and and the things I've seen and read about him I wish I had paid more attention. I've been eligible to vote for many years now and never have :oops: but I will this year, thanks in part to Mr. Reagan.

That's awesome!!! I'll bet he's smiling at you from heaven!!! Good for you!!!!

CG