PDA

View Full Version : At all cost

jenfrog81
06-17-2004, 09:04 AM
You they say that all the foods in the store has gone up . But noone has really noticed . I wonder if we will end up in the great Depression . :shock:

Anonymous
06-17-2004, 09:12 AM
who knows. :roll:

jenfrog81
06-17-2004, 09:36 AM
I just wish everything would go back . But I just see it getting bad ....

Gearldean
06-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Not much in life goes backward. That's counter-productive. Negativity only makes things seem worse.

Miss Mally
06-17-2004, 10:28 AM
The economy is getting better. Nothing is all that bad. Let me post ya a funny about what things were like about fifty years ago....I know that was way before your time Jen....but just take a look anyway.

REMEMBER 1957?

I know some of you are not old enough to remember but this email below was put together in a great way, hope you enjoy it.

Remember this?

The following were some comments made in the year 1957:

(1) "I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, its going to be impossible to buy a weeks groceries for $20.00."

(2) "Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long when $5,000 will only buy a used one."

(3) "If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter a pack is ridiculous."

(4) "Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail a letter?"

(5) "If they raise the minimum wage to $1, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store."

(6) "When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 29 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage,"

(7) "Kids today are impossible. Those ducktail hair cuts make it impossible to stay groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be wearing their hair as long as the girls,"

(8) "I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more. Ever since they let Clark Gable get by with saying damn in "Gone With The Wind", it seems every new movie has either hell or damn in it."

(9) "I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible to put a man on the moon by the end of the century. They even have some fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas."

(10) "Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $75,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday that they will be making more than the President."

(11) "I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would be electric. They are even making electric typewriters now"

(12) "It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few married women are having to work to make ends meet."

(13) "It won't be long before young couples are going to have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work."

(15) "I'm just afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to a whole lot of foreign business."

(16) "Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when the Government takes half our income in taxes.. I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people to Congress."

(17) "The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on."

(18) "There is no sense going to Lincoln or Omaha anymore for a weekend. It costs nearly $15.00 a night to stay in a hotel."

(19) "No one can afford to be sick any more, $35.00 a day in the hospital is too rich for my blood."

[/code]

Gearldean
06-17-2004, 10:40 AM
The economy is getting better. Nothing is all that bad. Let me post ya a funny about what things were like about fifty years ago....I know that was way before your time Jen....but just take a look anyway.

REMEMBER 1957?...[/code]

I remember it well! When you get to be my age, you know that the world just keeps on spinnin and it will, as long as God's willin!

jenfrog81
06-17-2004, 11:03 AM
LOL . Thats for the Info Miss Mally . :lol:

Rhiannon
06-17-2004, 12:32 PM
Our economy right now is better than it has been in years. Certain things are more expensive, but then again certain things aren't.

With the low interest rates cars and real estate have been selling better than ever. Electronics are cheaper than they were 20 years ago.

MiraculousMutha
06-17-2004, 04:21 PM
[b]Our economy right now is better than it has been in years.Sorry Rhi, the economy is right about where it was a year ago. It just stopped dropping off as bad, mostly because of the increased spending on the war. The republicans went to the bank, borrowed a million dollars and went all over town telling everyone we were rich. Let the next generation worry about it. As long as there is a republican administration, there will be either recession, huge debt, or both. Reaganomics tripled our debt. Bush has only doubled it, another term will mean he can quadruple it. The stock markets gain a little every time Kerry gets another percentage point. Bush and Perry will never be able to give us what Bill Clinton did. They've had four years and we are heading in the opposite direction.

Phoneguy
06-17-2004, 04:38 PM
Darn! I must be doing something wrong..... I thought I was better off now than last year. :?

BigGunz
06-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Its funny how thise can tell YOU how much better you were off at a certain time....and when you disagree with them they get all fired up...I think I know when things are good for me..I pay my own bills, buy my own food...pay my own taxes and can tell you first hand that things are better for me today than they have ever been! So how can someone else tell me Im wrong?...thats just crazy!

Miss Mally
06-17-2004, 05:23 PM
yeah....When Clinton was in office....we were so poor we didn't have AC...now i got so used to it...I just don't turn it on till july. :)

Pond
06-17-2004, 07:42 PM
During my life time ..it has always been the same .. some years are a little more lean than others .. I never wanted debt .. I never blamed the goverment for not having everything that I would like to have .. I just knew that I had to work a little harder to get it ..
I see people that are able to work sit on their duffs and complain cause they don`t have what others have ... They don`t even try to feed themselves .. So why should I moan that they don`t have what I have .. I always did without unless I could pay for it ... I still do ... :) If you have food ,shelter and your health .. the rest is not important ...

Pond
06-17-2004, 07:54 PM

What would you like for it to go back to ?? "Back to" would be high in my book . Times like this people need to look at what they are buying in the grocery stores ... learn to cook with the basics ... Flour, Sugar ,Milk etc.. Plan your meals for the week .. Only go once a week to the grocery store .. there are lots of meals that you don`t need meat for there are others things that are protein ... learn what are in the foods that you eat .. What your body needs for fuel and to be healthy ..
You are a young Mother ! Now is the time to learn ..
The Extention Agent in Your County is there to help you !! I learned so much years ago from them on Foods . Now you can go on the internet and find anything that you want to know ... GOOD LUCK to you on cutting your Food Bill in half and eating healthy ... :)

jenfrog81
06-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Hey thanks for that info . 8)

Art
06-17-2004, 08:02 PM
We'll probably have a drought this summer and that will be Bush's fault too.

jenfrog81
06-17-2004, 08:04 PM
How Will that be his Fault ???????????

Pond
06-17-2004, 08:25 PM
How Will that be his Fault ??????????? He didn`t pray hard enough or he didn`t do the rain dance the right way ... who knows but it will the goverments place to make it rain ...

jenfrog81
06-17-2004, 08:38 PM
LOL)) :lol: Me have a Rain stick I bought at sea world :lol:

BigGunz
06-17-2004, 10:43 PM
We'll probably have a drought this summer and that will be Bush's fault too.

of course it will be according to the Dems....just like them telling me how good I had it in the Clinton ERA...that was the worst times for me...yet they insist it wasnt...geeze!.....lol

jenfrog81
06-17-2004, 11:37 PM
You know all clinton did was teach us how to have afair and how to Play with cigars . * LOL*

Rhiannon
06-18-2004, 08:46 AM
The economy has been exploding upward in leaps and bounds consistently for six to eight months now, maybe longer.
Hardly a week has gone by from January to now that I have not read an article, sometimes two articles a week, in USA Today with positive, even strongly positive, news from one or more economic fronts

Miss Mally
06-18-2004, 12:40 PM
They don't want to see that Rhiannon...they want everything to be depressed.

Rhiannon
06-18-2004, 01:19 PM
They don't want to see that Rhiannon...they want everything to be depressed.

I'm gonna spread the good word anyway! :D

Rhiannon
06-18-2004, 02:45 PM
* Over the past year, the unemployment rate has fallen in 46 states.
* Non-farm payroll employment increased in 36 states in May.
* 37 states now have unemployment rates at or below the national unemployment rate of 5.6 percent.
* If the current pace of job growth for 2004 continues, over 2.8 million jobs will be created this year.
* The current national unemployment rate is 5.6 percent, well below its recent peak of 6.3 percent and below the average unemployment rates of the 1970’s, 1980’s, and 1990’s.

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Dems want doom and gloom instead of Zoom and Boom!

Miss Mally
06-18-2004, 10:58 PM
They care not whether this country or its people hurt...only whether they are in office.

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 11:11 PM
I.. agree mally but I dont think they are ALL like that...just the vast majority...and your simple statement is exactly correct! You could not have made a point any better than that witha simplier statement...well done!

Miss Mally
06-18-2004, 11:19 PM
I.. agree mally but I dont think they are ALL like that...just the vast majority...and your simple statement is exactly correct! You could not have made a point any better than that witha simplier statement...well done!

I don't think they are all like that either...but the majority are letting things go that way.

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 11:22 PM
and its so so sad!

Rhiannon
06-19-2004, 09:54 PM
3 million Americans have lost their jobs under President Bush - more than under any president since the Great Depression.
~John Edwards

1.9 Americans have lost jobs under George Bush.
~John Effing Kerry

1.3 million jobs lost under George Bush.
~The Washington Post

The trends ain't looking good for the Democrats. I blame tax cuts. lol

BigGunz
06-19-2004, 09:58 PM
LOL...true!