PDA

View Full Version : What the hell?

whocares
06-17-2004, 07:04 PM
What's the deal with all the news articles being posted? If we wanna read the news we'd go to one of the news sites. I thought this place was for original thoughts, not those of reporters. Very annoying.

Gearldean
06-17-2004, 07:08 PM
What's the deal with all the news articles being posted? If we wanna read the news we'd go to one of the news sites. I thought this place was for original thoughts, not those of reporters. Very annoying.
The problem has been taken care of efficiently, I think. Some folks DO like to read news articles.

Rhiannon
06-17-2004, 07:35 PM
I like news, I get FoxNews alerts in my email. I watch news on tv, I have yahoo news. What's wrong with news?

jenfrog81
06-17-2004, 07:38 PM
LOL) LOL) HEY NOW > I am the reporter in this room I report all the news that goes on ... You can call me Reporter JEN > LOL

Gearldean
06-17-2004, 07:41 PM
LOL) LOL) HEY NOW > I am the reporter in this room I report all the news that goes on ... You can call me Reporter JEN > LOL
I think you're more of a "mover & shaker" than "reporter".

jenfrog81
06-17-2004, 07:50 PM
LOL))) yea hey your right ... 8) cool beans

Art
06-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Looks like just another way of boosting the number of posts.

Miss Mally
06-17-2004, 08:45 PM
I think it was a way of starting up discussions. And if someone doesn't like them...they don't have to read them. :)

Pond
06-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Looks like just another way of boosting the number of posts. It was kinda like holding down the fort , when others didn`t have a dang thing to say ... as we ever have anything to say that is that important ... :lol:

jenfrog81
06-17-2004, 08:49 PM
Yea and that was ME ...Oh and my sidekicks ..lol

BigGunz
06-17-2004, 10:41 PM
now I have another forum to choose my reading from?...geeze....lol...why the little whiners....I think you ought to be able to post what you want to any thread...and I will post news on this one until I am told by the All Knowing and feared owner of the board to cease it. So Until then...dont like it dont read it!

Pond
06-17-2004, 10:47 PM
I am still not scared ...is that the best you can do ???

BigGunz
06-17-2004, 11:06 PM
of course not...that all I want to do at this time!...roflol

jenfrog81
06-17-2004, 11:28 PM
* I'm batman NOone shall pass threw me . LOL

Julie
06-18-2004, 12:58 PM
What's the deal with using a thread to complain about another thread?? I prefer the news to complaints. ;)

Hopefully I have found a middle ground that makes everyone happy by starting a news forum where Jen, or whoever, can post news items to read and/or discuss, and this forum for things you think are controversial... like whether or not someone should be posting news items :D

Miss Mally
06-18-2004, 01:02 PM
What's the deal with using a thread to complain about another thread?? I prefer the news to complaints. ;)

Hopefully I have found a middle ground that makes everyone happy by starting a news forum where Jen, or whoever, can post news items to read and/or discuss, and this forum for things you think are controversial... like whether or not someone should be posting news items :D

Thank you Julie!!! One question....if we are dicussing a political issue...is it a problem to use a news article to support our opinion or to show where we got our information?

jenfrog81
06-18-2004, 01:07 PM
(LOL)

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 04:29 PM
maybe Im reading it all wrong....I didnt see where julie said we HAD to put it on the news thread just made a place for them...So I am assuming it is still ok to post them here also...at least thats what Im gathering from it. That the other place is for convience so to speak.

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 04:31 PM
The next thing you know someone will be complaining about people answering post with LOL's and one word replies saying we are unintelligent or something...wait they have already done that havent they?....roflol

jenfrog81
06-18-2004, 04:32 PM
YES they have , LOL..

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Didnt they also say that not many people come here to this forum?...seems to me we maynot have as many members registered here as the old board but those that are here are participating in all subjects more than they did on the other board...dont ya think?

Rhiannon
06-18-2004, 04:50 PM
Alot of the ones who posted frequently on the old board are not posting as much here.

Anonymous
06-18-2004, 07:03 PM
There now seems to be just a lot of posts with no substance to them. I don't seem to be able to endure reading through everything to find something of interest. It would be nice to have one spot where no one just posted for the sake of posting. We all have our preferences and that's all okay. But, I don't understand why if Julie goes to the effort of making a place for a certain type of topic to be posted, why would someone brazenly go ahead and post it where it may not be wanted for all? She's trying to make it easier for everyone? Why can some not respect those differences?

Alot of the ones who posted frequently on the old board are not posting as much here.

whocares
06-18-2004, 08:23 PM
:wink: That's what it's all about, isn't it? Sensible posts? Not wading through tons of crap to get to the good stuff? Posting just to be posting is kinda dumb. JMHO

Rhiannon
06-18-2004, 08:27 PM
:wink: That's what it's all about, isn't it? Sensible posts? Not wading through tons of crap to get to the good stuff? Posting just to be posting is kinda dumb. JMHO

That's right it is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it.

DrDon
06-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Color me confused, folks...since most of our discussions on this part of the forum stem from current events, why do we need a separate portion of the forum to post news-related stuff? :?

Now watch me answer my own question. :mrgreen:

Actually, posting entire articles from other sources is not only bad net ettiquette, it's a violation of copyright. If it's on the site of any media outlet, you can assume that the article is copyrighted. So what to do?

The best way to draw attention to the news article is to make a link to the story using the URL button. It's okay under the "fair use" portion of copyright law to use a few sentences from the article in question, but not the whole thing.

I humbly submit to the powers that be this suggestion. I think it would be the best way to handle the issue, in that those who wanted to read the entire story could do so by following the link.

Of course, that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong. :mrgreen:

Anonymous
06-18-2004, 10:02 PM
You wouldn't know intelligent conversation if it jumped up and bit you in the butt. You may enjoy all this nonsense but that's to be expected.

now I have another forum to choose my reading from?...geeze....lol...why the little whiners....I think you ought to be able to post what you want to any thread...and I will post news on this one until I am told by the All Knowing and feared owner of the board to cease it. So Until then...dont like it dont read it!

Miss Mally
06-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Color me confused, folks...since most of our discussions on this part of the forum stem from current events, why do we need a separate portion of the forum to post news-related stuff? :?

Actually, posting entire articles from other sources is not only bad net ettiquette, it's a violation of copyright. If it's on the site of any media outlet, you can assume that the article is copyrighted. So what to do?

The best way to draw attention to the news article is to make a link to the story using the URL button. It's okay under the "fair use" portion of copyright law to use a few sentences from the article in question, but not the whole thing.

I humbly submit to the powers that be this suggestion. I think it would be the best way to handle the issue, in that those who wanted to read the entire story could do so by following the link.

On news items..it is my understanding...if you give credit to where the information came from...you can copy it and post it on a message board...the copyright just insures that proper credit is given.

jenfrog81
06-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Geezzzz * They should have Name that NEW NEWS room JEN NEWS ROOM !!!!

CuriousGal
06-18-2004, 10:26 PM

DrDon, I don't think you could be more accurate. That's why when I've started threads based on links, I've stated my piece and posted the link rather than the article. It forces the person to go to that site, annoying as it may be, but it's the RIGHT thing to do. I appreciate Jen's efforts but maybe she should adhere to what you've stated here. You're talking sense and we could all use a bunch of that! LOL

CG

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 10:36 PM
You wouldn't know intelligent conversation if it jumped up and bit you in the butt. You may enjoy all this nonsense but that's to be expected.

Im flattered by your expertise on the matter of my intelligence and the fact you took notice of my Butt!...would it behove you to Kiss my ***? Didnt expect that did ya?....roflol

Anonymous
06-18-2004, 10:38 PM

The flow is much less distracting at least with an url, but I really do like the seperate section for news articles. It is so kind of Julie to go to all the trouble of attempting to keep us all happy! There are times when I just would like something besides the posts of all those newsarticles. Ah for the good old days! No fighting and cutting remarks. It's been several years since that's been the context of the posts. Alas, times do change and the old posters seem to fade away.

Miss Mally
06-18-2004, 10:41 PM

Im flattered by your expertise on the matter of my intelligence and the fact you took notice of my Butt!...would it behove you to Kiss my ***? Didnt expect that did ya?....roflol

I DIDN'T EXPECT YOU TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!! EVEN TO A WITCH.

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 10:44 PM
oh I see the mistake...the three astericks were suposed to be the letters L.I.P....sorry for the confusion...dadgum keyboard!.....lol

Anonymous
06-18-2004, 10:47 PM

Excuse me, but, I believe that you may have started this by calling them Whiners because they expressed their opinion about the news posts. If you can't take it, may I ask why you dish it out? When you hurl insults, best to be prepared to have them hurled back at you.

Rhiannon
06-18-2004, 10:53 PM
I'm prepared! Hurl away!

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 10:53 PM
and vice versa!

Miss Mally
06-18-2004, 10:54 PM

Excuse me, but, I believe that you may have started this by calling them Whiners because they expressed their opinion about the news posts. If you can't take it, may I ask why you dish it out? When you hurl insults, best to be prepared to have them hurled back at you.

Well...on that one I have to support Big...he wasn't hurling insults...he was just being honest. There is a difference. This whole situation made Julie have to work a bit harder...when a couple of folks...could have just overlooked the threads with the new in them.

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 11:01 PM
well I can take anything thrown at me at anytime!...you have no idea.....ever notice those little things like LOL or roflol?...well they mean something...amybe you should try understand whats going on when you think your on top of the world...fact is im no different than you or anyone else here...I have the option to read, or ignore any post i wish...I also have the option to incorporate humor into my style...ok sometimes its corny and over the top but so what? I can dish out the serious as well as the non. if your style is to bash someone with your wit and concern for serious topics and replies....well I suggest that since I can not and will not accomadate you on it on a constant basis...that you just ignore anything I have to say...If not we can start off ona better foot if you so choose...and let me tell you this one more thing at one time I was called the mosted hated person here by a particular poster...and now i just love her to death and I always get my hugs too.... :)

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 11:04 PM
I beg your pardon...I was not called the most hated I was called the most hateful!...I stand corrected!

Miss Mally
06-18-2004, 11:08 PM
I beg your pardon...I was not called the most hated I was called the most hateful!...I stand corrected!

I still find that hard to believe...that she granted you that title and not me. ( I do miss the stick your tongue out smiley)

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 11:08 PM
Thank you Mally... Riatta? like alot of others here you will find that we speak in honesty....I wont lie to you and I wont take your side just cuz we are friends....Im friends with some here and a mortal enemy to others....and if you are a friend I wont always agree with you either...just being honest...thats how it works..ask anyone...we have all had our moments ...but in the end it all works out!

jenfrog81
06-18-2004, 11:45 PM
well I can take anything thrown at me at anytime!...you have no idea.....ever notice those little things like LOL or roflol?...well they mean something...amybe you should try understand whats going on when you think your on top of the world...fact is im no different than you or anyone else here...I have the option to read, or ignore any post i wish...I also have the option to incorporate humor into my style...ok sometimes its corny and over the top but so what? I can dish out the serious as well as the non. if your style is to bash someone with your wit and concern for serious topics and replies....well I suggest that since I can not and will not accomadate you on it on a constant basis...that you just ignore anything I have to say...If not we can start off ona better foot if you so choose...and let me tell you this one more thing at one time I was called the mosted hated person here by a particular poster...and now i just love her to death and I always get my hugs too.... :) I know someone in this room * I can't remeber who wrote it Put that they hate it when I just type LOL * but that is expressing how I feel . So everything you said I toally agree ... You be a Great Lawer you and Mally .

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Oh heck No Jen...I dont want to be a lawyer....geeze girl thats just wrong!......lol

jenfrog81
06-19-2004, 12:09 AM
U can be a Hippie lawyer Yea with your Peace pipe and your tie dye shirt and your peace necklace with your flower power Van . LOL :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigGunz
06-19-2004, 12:17 AM
oh yeah.....I want a van just like the one on Scoobey Doo!...what was it called?...the Mystery van or something like that?....lol...

Miss Mally
06-19-2004, 12:17 AM
U can be a Hippie lawyer Yea with your Peace pipe and your tie dye shirt and your peace necklace with your flower power Van . LOL :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahahahhaha....I just got this picture of Big...sitting in a courtroom...dressed just like that. ROTF

jenfrog81
06-19-2004, 12:21 AM
oh yeah.....I want a van just like the one on Scoobey Doo!...what was it called?...the Mystery van or something like that?....lol... And you want a Great dane that can talk . LOL

Miss Mally
06-19-2004, 12:22 AM
oh yeah.....I want a van just like the one on Scoobey Doo!...what was it called?...the Mystery van or something like that?....lol... And you want a Great dane that can talk . LOL

Big has a dog that can talk...didn't you know?

jenfrog81
06-19-2004, 12:23 AM
NO really ???

whocares
06-19-2004, 06:28 AM
You people still don't get it do you? A forum is for discussion of topics that are in the news, not just cutting and pasting everything you can find on the net for the sole purpose of claiming to have more posts than everyone else in the entire world.
We can refer to things in the news and comment on news items without posting the entire news article. I'll say it again. If we want to read the news, we can go to cnn.com instead of eastlandspin.com. DrDon was right on the money about copyright infringement.
Hurl. In both senses of the word.

BigGunz
06-19-2004, 07:42 AM
You people still don't get it do you? A forum is for discussion of topics that are in the news, not just cutting and pasting everything you can find on the net for the sole purpose of claiming to have more posts than everyone else in the entire world.
We can refer to things in the news and comment on news items without posting the entire news article. I'll say it again. If we want to read the news, we can go to cnn.com instead of eastlandspin.com. DrDon was right on the money about copyright infringement.

NO! you just dont get it....notice on the start
page it says in Bold letters...a place where eastland county meets on the web...also did you bother to read the rules of the forum?...here let me paste it for you and please pay attention to the word entertainment:

Welcome to the Eastland Spin Message board!

This board is being maintained for the entertainment of all. It was set up to be a place to exchange mostly local information, promote local events, debate local and national topics, and just give your 2 cents worth on anything of interest.

This is not a place to air your grudges against local citizen's, spread slanderous gossip, or discuss things that would make the Jerry Springer show (and especially things that the Jerry Springer show might pass on).

If someone has posted something that you feel or know should not be on this board, please email me ASAP. I will review the post and delete or edit it. If someone refuses to abide by these simple rules, they will be banned from the board.

I am hoping that we can continue to enjoy good debate, pats on the backs, and even an occasional rock pile or food fight (if done with a good attitude ). Thanks for visiting the board, and come back often!

Anonymous
06-19-2004, 08:34 AM

Some of us long for the early days of the internet in Eastland County! I hate that so many of those have given up on the discussions. It is difficult to keep anything like that alive and going, and that's a sad thing. There should be room for all. Seems that some just want it to be their way or the highway. No room for differences.

Gearldean
06-19-2004, 08:38 AM
page it says in Bold letters...a place where eastland county meets on the web...also did you bother to read the rules of the forum?...here let me paste it for you and please pay attention to the word entertainment:

Well, I guess I need to stand up and be counted with my opinion on the matter.

I don't mind an occasional LONG news post but when they come forward fast and furious, it's just a tad irritating to me. I know it's irritating to most people whose time is limited. Some folks actuallly have to get out and WORK and they come home tired and it's hard to have to scroll around trying to find where someone actually said something.

You point out the rules, BG, but let me point out to you that it's not possible to write up a set of rules to cover every problem that might arise. Obviously, Julie saw a problem and did what she could to solve it. Let's not spit in the face of our hostess! :D

Not everyone who reads this forum posts to it. I think they deserve some consideration, since other folks have advertizements here. If folks get fed up and quit coming here for "entertainment", there will be no one to see the advertizements.

BigGunz
06-19-2004, 08:54 AM

I understand what you are saying here...but!...the main purpose of copyrights is to keep people from making money from already published articles by republishing or redistributing the info. And since this forum is a Non profit organiztion I dont see how this applies when it is being used for discussion purposes. Since the info here that has been copy and pasted for the purpose of discussion and not being sold to anyone else to make money in any way shape or form I dont see how Spin falls into the category. So if we go by what you might seem as internet ettiqutte or copyright infringements...that must include...any games that are posted that include text directly from a site, e-mails that we find humorous, Jokes etc....then all there would be here is just a bunch of links to other sites. I think if anything as long as you are copyin/pasting press release that are on open sites that you dont have to pay for that are ok as long as you cite the source (which i think has always been done here) . My own personl opinion is I do not have a problem with reading entire articles if i find it interesting even when they are posted here on the spin....if I dont want to read it i just skip over it. But...to be fair I think alot of arguement could be spared by everyone if in ou r own words gave a brief description of the article we read at another NEWS site...our own opinion then link back to the site. I really dont see the problem with any of this one way or the other. I will continue to post what I feel I need to post. I will continue to copy and paste what I feel I want to copy and paste until someone in charge tells me differently. I wont be intimidated by people who think they are far more intelligent than I are anyone else here.

Anonymous
06-19-2004, 09:05 AM
I wont be intimidated by people who think they are far more intelligent than I are anyone else here.

From your reaction... YOU ALREADY HAVE BEEN!!!!

BigGunz
06-19-2004, 09:06 AM

Well, I guess I need to stand up and be counted with my opinion on the matter.

I don't mind an occasional LONG news post but when they come forward fast and furious, it's just a tad irritating to me. I know it's irritating to most people whose time is limited. Some folks actuallly have to get out and WORK and they come home tired and it's hard to have to scroll around trying to find where someone actually said something.

You point out the rules, BG, but let me point out to you that it's not possible to write up a set of rules to cover every problem that might arise. Obviously, Julie saw a problem and did what she could to solve it. Let's not spit in the face of our hostess! :D

Not everyone who reads this forum posts to it. I think they deserve some consideration, since other folks have advertizements here. If folks get fed up and quit coming here for "entertainment", there will be no one to see the advertizements.

Let me quickly respond to this by saying I in no way am spitting in the face of our hostess at all EVER! that was just not right to begin with as I have the utmost respect for Julie and the way she does things and I have always followed her rules as she has set forth! As far as people leaving because of "entertainment" thats up to them...not me. And if you noticed i only put the rules down here so someone could see it where it did say "entertainment"...I take that literally. I understand that not everyone who reads this forum post to it...so how could we even begin to know if those people are complaining since they dont post?.....lol...showinf consideration would be really great if we knew what there considerations were!......lol...Im not a mind reader...geeze. I dont mind a long news post either every once in awhile...and yes sometimes it does get annoying...but i have a keyboard and mouse that quickly releases me from that torture if and when I see fit...I thought everyone did?.....lol.. If Julies wants to change her wording or eliminate the entertainment part then so be it...I will not complain at all. But until then I will do my best to entertain, amuse, confuse and relay happy thoughts to everyone...and wont spit in Julies face!

Gearldean
06-19-2004, 09:18 AM
Let me quickly respond to this by saying I in no way am spitting in the face of our hostess at all EVER!...
Get your butt back up on the porch and pay attention! :D

BigGunz
06-19-2004, 09:23 AM
No way! I dont belong on the porch......this dog has got to stay in the yard...wont have it any other way!....and Im way too poor to pay attention!....roflol

BigGunz
06-19-2004, 09:25 AM
I wont be intimidated by people who think they are far more intelligent than I are anyone else here.

From your reaction... YOU ALREADY HAVE BEEN!!!!

ROFLOL...you think thats intimidated reaction?...my my...how wrong you are! Keep trying!.....lol

jenfrog81
06-19-2004, 09:32 AM
(thinking) To be intelligent . Not to be intelligent To be intelligent
Not to be intelligent To be intelligent Not to be intelligent To be intelligent Not to be intelligent To be intelligent Not to be intelligent To be intelligent Not to be intelligent To be intelligent *** OH the OPTIONS SO MANY ** lol* I'M SO CONFUSS !!!!!!! :lol:

Gearldean
06-19-2004, 09:40 AM
No way! I dont belong on the porch......this dog has got to stay in the yard...wont have it any other way!....and Im way too poor to pay attention!....roflol
Well, dang, BG! Here I thought ya were telling the truth when you said you were better off now than ever! I just don't know how anyone could be better off and not even be able to pay attention!

BigGunz
06-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Well, dang, BG! Here I thought ya were telling the truth when you said you were better off now than ever! I just don't know how anyone could be better off and not even be able to pay attention!

Roflol...I am better off financially...im speaking on being poor in my intelligence! And I always tell the truth! :D

whocares
06-19-2004, 10:35 AM
What good does it do for us to let you know what our concerns are? I expressed my concerns and was blasted for it. Guess I'll just keep wading through the nonsense posts to find the ones that contain a substantive discussion of issues.

Entertainment can be found in many forms and in many places.

Anonymous
06-19-2004, 11:11 AM
What good does it do for us to let you know what our concerns are? I expressed my concerns and was blasted for it. Guess I'll just keep wading through the nonsense posts to find the ones that contain a substantive discussion of issues.

Those who are easily intimidated by others insist on having their own way. They will never be considerate of others. They seem to think that any giving means a loss of power. Sadly, their lives are but meaningless, thoughtless existance.

whocares
06-19-2004, 11:48 AM
http://www.eastlandspin.com/08-cara-crosseyed.jpg

OK, I'm watching my mouth. Now what? (Hurry. This hurts)

jenfrog81
06-19-2004, 11:49 AM
I know you !

jenfrog81
06-19-2004, 11:50 AM
I scrolled down really fast and that picture scared me *LOL* I about jump out of my chair . OH LOL

BigGunz
06-19-2004, 01:08 PM

Those who are easily intimidated by others insist on having their own way. They will never be considerate of others. They seem to think that any giving means a loss of power. Sadly, their lives are but meaningless, thoughtless existance.

Are you positive about that?...roflol

jenfrog81
06-19-2004, 01:09 PM
(LOL) LOL )

Miss Mally
06-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Endora...Who Cares...it just seems to me that ya'll were the ones inconciderate....How hard is it...to ignore the posts you don't want to READ? Complaining over piddly things never sets well with me. And ya'lls complaints caused Julie to have to do something extra...to keep you happy.

Ya'll came across as complainers and whinners....that just didn't seem impressive.

Anonymous
06-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Endora...Who Cares...it just seems to me that ya'll were the ones inconciderate....How hard is it...to ignore the posts you don't want to READ? Complaining over piddly things never sets well with me. And ya'lls complaints caused Julie to have to do something extra...to keep you happy.

Ya'll came across as complainers and whinners....that just didn't seem impressive.

When someone speaks about out about this endless cut and paste kindergarten antics to get the person to slow down a bit it becomes that the person is a complainer and whiner. Quite judgemental. Everyone is worthy of respect. If someone posts a complaint it does not mean it has to be attacked. Julie does not have to buckle down and do something about it. If she wants to and deems that person's complaint as worthy, then that's up to her. No need to attack the person for saying something about it. That is just childish and immature. It sounds to me that you felt guilty and got defensive because someone was not agreeing with you. Do you really think that in life, everyone is going to agree with you? You are very niave if you do! Everyone comes from a different set of circumstance, all have different thought patterns, different opinions....We all are different! It's time accept differences. You are not always going to be right,, accept it.

BigGunz
06-19-2004, 08:03 PM
OH NO...you mean Im NOT ALWAYS right?....roflol...well dang it...now ya went and made me cry.....roflol....j/k

whocares
06-19-2004, 08:18 PM
You call me and Endora inconsiderate? YOU are the one bashing our former President at every opportunity, and saying that Democrats want the terrorists to win. Do you think that kind of statement can be considered as "inconsiderate"?
I think I now have a better understanding of where you're coming from. Are you in favor of cutting and pasting, or are you just angry because I criticized a fellow republican?

MsFrizz
06-19-2004, 08:28 PM
http://www.eastlandspin.com/08-cara-crosseyed.jpg

OK, I'm watching my mouth. Now what? (Hurry. This hurts)

Be careful. Your level of intelligence is showing through.

whocares
06-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Thank you! I am so glad that someone finally recognizes my level of entellugents. :lol:

Miss Mally
06-19-2004, 11:17 PM

When someone speaks about out about this endless cut and paste kindergarten antics to get the person to slow down a bit it becomes that the person is a complainer and whiner. Quite judgemental. Everyone is worthy of respect. If someone posts a complaint it does not mean it has to be attacked. Julie does not have to buckle down and do something about it. If she wants to and deems that person's complaint as worthy, then that's up to her. No need to attack the person for saying something about it. That is just childish and immature. It sounds to me that you felt guilty and got defensive because someone was not agreeing with you. Do you really think that in life, everyone is going to agree with you? You are very niave if you do! Everyone comes from a different set of circumstance, all have different thought patterns, different opinions....We all are different! It's time accept differences. You are not always going to be right,, accept it.

Hahahahahahhahaha....I don't want everyone to agree with me....then there would be no one to argue with. Guilt come when you think you have done something wrong. All I did is state my opinion...and that ain't ever wrong...in my opinion.

I attacked you......no more than you attacted Jen. You are the kettle calling the pot black.

If you want to appear kind and mature...and you just absolutely couldn't handle the news posts anymore...the way to handle this in a MATURE way would be to pm Jen...and kindly asked her to restrain herself....not to come in with barbs...or even send a pm to julie asking her to address the issue.

I think you have every single right to come on here and state you opinion...to whine and complain...and sent barbs out etc. Go for it....but don't expect everyone to just let it slide. And when a few people turn it around on you...and state they would rather read about the news than your complaining posts....To come back and say they are Guilty and Defensive...really doesn't make sense.

Oh and am I judgemental? hahahahahahhahaha of course I am...and just honest enough to admit that I make judgements everyday. Do you never make judgements? I guess calling news postings Kindergarden antics isn't judgemental or small at all.

Miss Mally
06-19-2004, 11:23 PM
You call me and Endora inconsiderate? YOU are the one bashing our former President at every opportunity, and saying that Democrats want the terrorists to win. Do you think that kind of statement can be considered as "inconsiderate"?
I think I now have a better understanding of where you're coming from. Are you in favor of cutting and pasting, or are you just angry because I criticized a fellow republican?

First of all Jen isn't a republican...she don't even know what she is...she is trying to figure that out. She is not a fan of Bush...at all. Which you would have noticed if you had taken any time to read what she says...taken the time to get to know her before coming in here and blasting her. See I do have friends who don't see eye to eye with me.

And one of the understood rules here....is attack the post...not the poster.....and political figures are fair game to be critiqued. You broke the first...and thus made yourself fair game.

I don't come in here to be conciderate. But I also don't come in here and critique another posters style of expressing their ideas. I think it is ugly (more than inconciderate to be honest)...to gripe about someones spelling, grammer etc. and yes that includes griping about whether they cut or past or not.

Yes, Julie fixed a spot...so ya'll would shut up about it and there would be peace on the board....but then ya'll just had to keep griping. Sounds to me like...it really has nothing to do with the news...this was a personal vendetta.

Gearldean
06-20-2004, 12:28 AM
If you want to appear kind and mature...and you just absolutely couldn't handle the news posts anymore...the way to handle this in a MATURE way would be to pm Jen...and kindly asked her to restrain herself....not to come in with barbs...or even send a pm to julie asking her to address the issue.

Errrr....never mind!

I guess calling news postings Kindergarden antics isn't judgemental or small at all...

I kinda got the impression that Endora was referring to the use of the word "me" rather than 'I" as the kindergarten antics

As for sending a PM to someone regarding a post, I'm sure Endora remembers someone ELSE doing that very thing then Jen posted the PRIVATE message for all to see. I'm sure Endora figured it would be useless to send a PM for it wouldn't REMAIN a PM. It will be a cold day in the hot house when I send a PM!

Miss Mally
06-20-2004, 12:47 AM

Errrr....never mind!

I guess calling news postings Kindergarden antics isn't judgemental or small at all...

I kinda got the impression that Endora was referring to the use of the word "me" rather than 'I" as the kindergarten antics

As for sending a PM to someone regarding a post, I'm sure Endora remembers someone ELSE doing that very thing then Jen posted the PRIVATE message for all to see. I'm sure Endora figured it would be useless to send a PM for it wouldn't REMAIN a PM. It will be a cold day in the hot house when I send a PM!

Two rights don't make a wrong...and while I certainly don't agree with Jen making pm's public....that doesn't mean that it isn't the nicest way for others to handle themselves. Plus...I gave more than one option on this one...Julie was mentioned.

I don't care what she was refering to when she mentioned Kindergarden antics...it don't change the fact that it was tacky.

Gearldean
06-20-2004, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I've noticed that folks get a little tacky on Spin from time to time.

Miss Mally
06-20-2004, 01:01 AM

Yep, it happens ;)....and folks will respond to it. Jen ain't hurting no body....I just didn't see the point in this mess.

And as Julie said a bit earlier...I would much rather see the news posts here...than have to read about someone complaining about it.

Gearldean
06-20-2004, 01:16 AM

Yep, it happens ;)....and folks will respond to it. Jen ain't hurting no body....I just didn't see the point in this mess.

And as Julie said a bit earlier...I would much rather see the news posts here...than have to read about someone complaining about it.
Quite frankly, I'm glad there's a place for them, now. It was beginning to frey on my nerves a bit, too. I felt a little bit like someone was slappin me in the face with a dead fish! :D

whocares
06-20-2004, 05:49 AM
Mally, you have a unique talent for twisting and turning things to fit into your way of looking at things. First of all, I didn't attack the poster. I attacked the type of posts and the stated purpose of posting. She said she wanted to get more posts than anyone else, and then set out to do exactly that by cutting and pasting every news article she ran across.
She also asked about democrats and republicans, and then stated that she is a republican. Should we believe what she says or should we believe your interpretation of what she says?
I had a legitimate complaint about the cutting and pasting, voiced that complaint in a separate thread, and you have the option of handling that in a mature way by not reading that thread. But you'd rather attack the poster, me, and anyone who even looks like they may agree with me.
So which kettle is black, fair lady?

Miss Mally
06-20-2004, 01:48 PM

Whocares...if you go back and read the first two pages of this thread...you will notice...I didn't attack anyone...I made a comment about the posts and asked Julie a question. I didn't get on you and Endora...till the above comment was made about a specific posters intelligence. Endora made herself fair game as far as I am concerned...then you jumped on the band wagon with the barbs as well.

Jen first stated she was a Democrat...then a Republican...and then she was not sure...She is doing alot of research on politics and she is posting that research here...to hear our view points on the issues. I truely think she is trying to figure out where she stands and why. There is nothing wrong with that.

Yes...early on Jen stated she was posting to bust her numbers...that was addressed...she apologized it should be over. Is it going to be an issue on everything she posts from now on?

What you call a talent for twisting...I call giving another point of view.

I will be honest with you...you didn't impress me much by using inappropriate language in your title for this thread...nor in a couple of your posts. Now...before you thinking I am singling you out....as much as I agree with Bigs defense of Jen on this issue...I was no more impressed with his almost use of inappropriate language.

If you really want people to see your point of view...it helps to not allienate them with laguage and barbs.

whocares
06-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Whocares...if you go back and read the first two pages of this thread...you will notice...I didn't attack anyone...I made a comment about the posts and asked Julie a question. I didn't get on you and Endora...till the above comment was made about a specific posters intelligence. Endora made herself fair game as far as I am concerned...then you jumped on the band wagon with the barbs as well.

Why you are grouping me and Endora together? She states her opinion, and you attack me? That makes about as much sense as you jumping on me for expressing my opinion. I don't know Endora and she doesn't know me, so please take what I say as what I say. I don't speak for her and she doesn't speak for me, ok?

And if you'll go back and read the very first post in this thread, you'll see that I didn't attack anyone either. So there.
:P

Miss Mally
06-20-2004, 03:40 PM
So there...what? hahahahaha I guess that could be followed with "Stick that in your pipe and smoke it."

You were whinning after Julie had already fixed the problem...you and Endora had the same attitude...and yes granted...initally you were not as tacky as her.

I do apologize for my first post linking you two together.

I should have addressed her whining...and your inapropriate language as seperate issues.

Pond
06-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Oh,Hell Mally ! Hell is not a bad word ...save it for something that really matters ... :)

BigGunz
06-20-2004, 05:29 PM
mally is right Whocares...she did say something to me about my almost use of inappropiate use of foul language. Im not special and I fall under the same as everyone else here. I have no problem with the use of some words...but out of respect to those here that dont use not one bad word at all i use astericks and such...which in all actuality is just as bad...but its a fine line. Even the word H*** can be offensive to those who never say it!...And I try to respect that...it doesnt always work out that way...but an effort is made most of the time!

whocares
06-20-2004, 05:57 PM
OK, apologies are in order.

To Jenfrog81: I did not mean for my comments about your posts to be taken as a personal attack on you.
To MissMally: I did not mean to offend you by using the words hell and damn in my posts. But if you'e that easily offended, please don't read the Holy Bible.
To Biggunz: Your defense of the ladies is admirable.
To Julie: I apologize for the inconvenience I caused you in creating the news category.
To Endora: I am sorry you caught criticism and personal attacks because you happened to agree with my thoughts on the subject.
To anyone else that I may have overlooked, I apologize. But damn! What the hell?

Miss Mally
06-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Oh,Hell Mally ! Hell is not a bad word ...save it for something that really matters ... :)

Pond...I do try to be concistant. :) I do understand the occasional slip of the tongue when the hammer hits your thumb.

But to take the time to type it out
leaves little doubt...
ones lacks imagination
for better communication,

Or worse, has little respect
and just plain poor etiquette.

:)

Anonymous
06-20-2004, 08:42 PM
OK, apologies are in order.

To Jenfrog81: I did not mean for my comments about your posts to be taken as a personal attack on you.
To MissMally: I did not mean to offend you by using the words hell and damn in my posts. But if you'e that easily offended, please don't read the Holy Bible.
To Biggunz: Your defense of the ladies is admirable.
To Julie: I apologize for the inconvenience I caused you in creating the news category.
To Endora: I am sorry you caught criticism and personal attacks because you happened to agree with my thoughts on the subject.
To anyone else that I may have overlooked, I apologize. But damn! What the hell?

Please do not apologize to me for anything! I'm an old witch and welcome trouble! Mally is just Mally! We all know her for what she is! She is easily seen through. Very common place.

CuriousGal
06-20-2004, 09:18 PM
I have to agree Ms. Frizz. And Whocares, can you delete or resize that pic? It makes the thread a pain in the butt to read because we have to scroll left and right. Yeah, I'm being a pain in the butt because I asked but am I the only one who sees this?

Geesh!!!

CG

BigGunz
06-20-2004, 09:24 PM
I do not need to defend the ladies.... they do a great job of defending themselves...but im there if needed.......and I am far from being admirable......but thanks anyways...I think....lol

BigGunz
06-20-2004, 09:39 PM
quote Endora:
"I'm an old witch and welcome trouble!"

Wells there is something we can at least agree upon!...lol....j/k I Love you too!

Rhiannon
06-20-2004, 09:47 PM
quote Endora:

Wells there is something we can at least agree upon!...lol....j/k I Love you too!

You trying to start somthin? lol

Miss Mally
06-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Please do not apologize to me for anything! I'm an old witch and welcome trouble! Mally is just Mally! We all know her for what she is! She is easily seen through. Very common place.

Oh really...and just what am I ...and what do you see? (can't wait to hear this one).

BigGunz
06-20-2004, 09:51 PM
quote Endora:

You trying to start somthin? lol

Who?...Me?....never!!!!!!!!!!!!.....roflol...I might need a date to the prom!

Anonymous
06-20-2004, 09:56 PM

Oh really...and just what am I ...and what do you see? (can't wait to hear this one).

A mere mortal! Very commonplace!

DrDon
06-20-2004, 09:59 PM

:D Hey, I'm not trying to intimidate anyone. Julie can handle this thing any way she wants. I was just trying to share what knowledge and experience I had on things like these. Handshake?

BigGunz
06-20-2004, 10:01 PM
mally is not mortal...she took the test and here are her results:

http://live.quizilla.com/user_images/T/truly-dippy/1061402544_oprevenge2.jpg

Miss Mally
06-20-2004, 10:02 PM

A mere mortal! Very commonplace!

hahahahahahha....and you are just a character off of a tv show....guess that makes you immortal. :D

I kinda like being a mere mortal....and accually feel being common place is a complement....so many others have called me odd and nutty and even worse. Thanks E!

BigGunz
06-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Roflol

Miss Mally
06-20-2004, 10:05 PM
mally is not mortal...she took the test and here are her results:

http://live.quizilla.com/user_images/T/truly-dippy/1061402544_oprevenge2.jpg

hahahahahhaha thanks Big...I had forgotten I was a sexy, vendictive goddess. I guess I should start acting like myself instead of so common place. hahahahahahahaha

me sides are hurting.

BigGunz
06-20-2004, 10:11 PM

:D Hey, I'm not trying to intimidate anyone. Julie can handle this thing any way she wants. I was just trying to share what knowledge and experience I had on things like these. Handshake?

Dude?...that wasnt directed to you...its all good! :D

whocares
06-21-2004, 06:07 AM
I'm sorry for the big picture. Sometimes I just get the big head like that.

Julie, will you please delete the picture for me? I can't edit the post.

Pond
06-21-2004, 07:48 PM

Pond...I do try to be concistant. :) I do understand the occasional slip of the tongue when the hammer hits your thumb.

leaves little doubt...
ones lacks imagination

What do you expect out of a Redneck woman ?? I work hard , love hard, live hard ..and a little rough around the edges BUT my redneck loves me ,too . I am the same today as I was yesterday and I will be the same tomorrow .
:lol:

Miss Mally
06-21-2004, 08:32 PM

leaves little doubt...
ones lacks imagination

What do you expect out of a Redneck woman ?? I work hard , love hard, live hard ..and a little rough around the edges BUT my redneck loves me ,too . I am the same today as I was yesterday and I will be the same tomorrow .
:lol:

and all this time...I didn't know you were a redneck woman...I thought you a gentel Southern lady...growing her garden and taking the bounty to her friends.

Pond
06-21-2004, 08:47 PM
I heard that song today and it blew me away into wishful thinking ! lol

Miss Mally
06-21-2004, 09:21 PM
I heard that song today and it blew me away into wishful thinking ! lol

hahahahahahhahaha