PDA

View Full Version : question?

Anonymous
06-18-2004, 02:31 PM
I hear ther is some kind of tablet you can put in your birdbaths to kill out mosquitos. I was woundering if there is something we can put in the dogs water buckets or horse's water buckets. :?: :?: :?:

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 03:41 PM
I believe there is...check with TSC.

jenfrog81
06-18-2004, 03:50 PM
I believe there is...check with TSC. Is TSC a nothing word for FDA ? LOL

unicorn
06-18-2004, 04:09 PM
it is tractor supply company

jenfrog81
06-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Oh , lol . * hits head * Retarted * lol.

MsFrizz
06-18-2004, 09:41 PM
I saw those at TSC last year, and decided to try them. Haven't got any yet. The ones I saw said for stock tanks, I believe. They were large tablets, Don't know if they might be toxic to other animals. I guess you would have to read the directions and break them down into smaller units for dog' water, etc.

BigGunz
06-18-2004, 11:28 PM
I knew frizz would come thru with some viable answer better than I ever could...she is the horse expert here as far as Im concerend!

Miss Mally
06-18-2004, 11:30 PM
if your stock tanks are big enough...gold fish work well. When we had horses in Sherman...we put gold fish in our big concret stock tanks...and no more mosquitos...plus the kids loved watching the gold fish.

Miss Mally
06-18-2004, 11:31 PM
plus...they are none toxic...you don't have to worry bout chemicals then. But you do have to catch them in bring them in during the winter...or they will die.

Anonymous
06-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Thank you. My troughs are not large enough for gold fish. tried that and they died.

Miss Mally
06-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Thank you. My troughs are not large enough for gold fish. tried that and they died.

oops sorry. we had a big concret one....big enough for the kids to sit on and dangle their feet in on a hot summer day....though why they wanted to I don't know (it was kinda nasty)...ewwwww. :)

Ranger
06-22-2004, 07:00 PM
I bet if you try at Tractor Supply--one of those clerks could tell you if it would be alright. I have to ask questions all the time & someone usually comes up with a good answer & it works. LOL

Pond
06-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Monica.. I was reading a bulletin from a Aquacide Company and thought about what you had posted... they have some Mosquito Briquets that you can purchase that will treat small or large areas. You just break then up for smaller areas.

Their website is ... www.killlakeweeds.com

I clicked on "order on line "and it is listed there . 20 of them are $42.00 but maybe you can go in with another and the price would be lower for you both..

MsFrizz
06-23-2004, 09:02 PM
if your stock tanks are big enough...gold fish work well. When we had horses in Sherman...we put gold fish in our big concret stock tanks...and no more mosquitos...plus the kids loved watching the gold fish.

Thanks, Mally! We have one tank this should work in, and another smaller metal one that may even work. It is deep and holds about 150 gallons. Never thought of it!

Miss Mally
06-23-2004, 10:08 PM
No problem MizzFrizz....I got the idea from my pawpaw. He used to raise lots of horses...and this was way before all the chemical stuff....the goldfish always worked for him. i have some great memories of sitting on his stock tanks and dangling me feet in the water watching the goldfish. So....when we had horses...I did he same....and watched my kids have fun doing the same thing.

Sometimes the old fashion ways...are not only just as good...but bring about treasured memories...that chemicals just can't do.

I hear there is a confirmed case of West Nile in Abilene. I hope everyone with horses, has given them their ensphalitis shots.