PDA

View Full Version : PERSONAL ACTION IS THE ONLY WAY TO PRESERVE TRADITIONAL MARR

Rhiannon
06-18-2004, 05:07 PM
PERSONAL ACTION IS THE ONLY WAY TO PRESERVE TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE

Got this email today.

The U.S. Senate will likely vote on one of the most consequential issues
facing the modern American family next month (July), when senators will
consider the passage of a Federal Marriage Amendment that would forever
secure marriage as a bond between one man and one woman.
It is therefore imperative that pro-family Americans immediately contact
their two senators to voice their support for a Federal Marriage Amendment.
I am urging everyone reading this column to immediately call each of their
senators to courteously, but firmly, urge them to cast a vote in favor of
such an amendment when it comes up for a vote in the Senate. In a moment I will tell you how to contact your senators, but first please allow me to make the case for traditional marriage in America.

Gary Bauer is reporting that a deal has been struck between Senate Democrats and militant homosexual activists to kill any effort to protect traditional marriage. Mr. Bauer, chairman of the Campaign for Working Families, said that, at present, many senators are "hiding behind a host of excuses to avoid doing the only thing that will preserve marriage in America as the union of one man and one woman." That means the voices of those opposing same-sex marriage are not being heard.
We have seen courts in Hawaii, Vermont, New York and Massachusetts attempt to redefine marriage, and this effort will continue - ultimately successfully - unless a Federal Marriage Amendment is passed.

"The failure to pass an amendment," said Mr. Bauer, "will give a green light to liberal judges all across the country and the consequences will be
devastating. The words 'husband' and 'wife' will be meaningless.
Homosexual adoption will be instantly legalized and generations of children
will be raised in wholly unnatural environments - deprived of ever having
the benefit of a mother and a father. The public schools will teach your c
hildren that two men 'marrying' each other are morally equivalent to one man and one woman. It's legal, so it must be okay! Our kids will be taught how to perform 'safe sodomy' in their sex education classes. Churches will be pressured to either abandon the Scriptures or lose their tax exempt status if they refuse to 'marry' homosexuals. That would be discrimination, after
all!"
That's not the future I want for my children and grandchildren. It's not
the future I want for evangelical churches across this nation.

It's therefore time to get down and dirty!
I am joining with Gary Bauer and other Christian leaders to implore people of faith to launch into immediate action. The time is now to flood
congressional offices with phone calls in defense of traditional marriage.
Evangelical pastors also must take action in their pulpits, calling their
congregations to action.

If we work together, we can literally impact the course of this vote and
permanently safeguard traditional marriage in America.
Here is what you need to do right now: 1) Call both of your senators at the
Capitol Switchboard (202-224-3121) and politely demand that they co-sponsor the Federal Marriage Amendment. Members of my staff have been calling their senators and report that Senate staffers record their names and zip codes so that the senators can be informed of their call. 2) After calling, call
five friends or family members straight away and urge them to do the same.
3) E-mail this column to everyone in your address book and ask them to also call their senators.
4) Share this column with friends at church and at
work and encourage them to speak up. 5) Give this column to your pastor and recommend that he utilize it this Sunday morning (Fathers Day) to encourage everyone attending to go on the offensive by calling their senators.

fishhook
06-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Call, write, or email your congressmen and women. Let them know how you feel. The more that do the better. Stand up for the family. WHO-YAA

Miss Mally
06-18-2004, 10:44 PM
The erosion of the family...will be the demise of this country. We must fight to keep the family sacrid and whole.

Rhiannon
06-19-2004, 05:10 PM
You can sign a petition by going here

http://www.nogaymarriage.com/

BigGunz
06-19-2004, 05:30 PM
done deal!

fishhook
06-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the link!

Anonymous
06-19-2004, 07:00 PM
What is this about preserving family. What exactly is family anyway, who labels it such? Who says family is a certain way or has a certain structure, who makes it so? God, society, ourselves? Is it belief structure, what our parents taught us? Who is to say what family is? We seem to bind ourselves to certain philosophies and beliefs over and over again, and not ask ourselves, why is it this way? or, who says it is this way? Some of you, maybe most of you, believe in what you believe because of what you have been taught or have taken from spirituality and such, but do not question what you believe in for the other side. Who is to say who is right and who is wrong?

...Just something to consider...

Anonymous
06-19-2004, 07:06 PM
You can sign a petition by going here

http://www.nogaymarriage.com/

I like what the link stands for.

BigGunz
06-19-2004, 08:12 PM
I like to think outside the box....I dont support gay marriage at all. And on the other hand I do belive in the right to love and be loved. Family to me is man, woman, and children. Maybe its true that it is all I've ever known it to mean.

Anonymous
06-19-2004, 08:16 PM
What would we lose if gays had the right to marriage? I think it is selfish of us to keep it to ourselves. Now I am not calling anyone selfish at all, so dont get the wrong idea. Should not all people get the equal benifits of marriage that we all do? What if gays were the ones who were the standerd American family? What if we were left out? We have to try to walk in other peoples shoes for once, and look at it from the other direction.

Miss Mally
06-19-2004, 09:21 PM
NATURE tells us what family is. Period! Whether you believe in God or not....how ever you believe our species came into existance...it by nature (modern day science excluded) through out history...takes a man and a woman to create a child. This is the standard...and has been through out the ages. And while certain aspects of our society would like to try and prove that it doesn't matter whether there is a father and a mother to both cooperate in raising the child....they have failed.

We are not given a guaranty of rights to all things in this country. The only unalianable rights we have are to life, liberty and the pursut of happiness.

It is not selfish to protect the foundations that keep our society functioning long term. It is survival. When the family unit is totally destroyed...picked apart...and demoralized....our society will crumble. History has proven this over and over.

Rhiannon
06-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Marriage is a hetrosexual institution period.

Anonymous
06-19-2004, 09:39 PM
And how exactly will gay marriage crumble our society. Maybe, Mally, it is time to jump of the bandwagon of history and think for ourselves. What if the standard is wrong Mally? How has marriage helped shape our foundation... It has nothing to do with the foundation of our society, which has been kept by bravery and equality among other things. People are different from nature as well. We are changing and getting farther and farther from what nature's standards are. It may just be people like you who are preventing us to prove that it does not only take a father and a mother to raise a child! I have seen it done, and it works Mally.... It works. It isnt the family structure of the gay couple that makes problems for them and the child... it is people that reject and alienate them from the rest of us. If the marriage of homosexuals is a sin... Then let them sin. People are people no matter what people say. If someone wishes to be married they will get married. The ban of gay marriage is increasing every moment, and that is what some out dated standard does to society. People are not animals... The standard should change... the "demorilization" of the family unit will not make our society crumble. Nothing should be set in stone!

Miss Mally
06-19-2004, 11:29 PM
Sorry Roc...right and wrong are set in stone. People have tried through the ages to change right and wrong and it always comes back to destroy them eventually.

No we can't jump off the History bandwagon. If you don't know about others mistakes...how can you learn from them. Our history is important...whether you like the history or not.

If men do not stand up for right...and good...then wrong and evil will prevail...and evil always eventually destroys everything around it.

Pond
06-20-2004, 11:50 AM
And how exactly will gay marriage crumble our society. Maybe, Mally, it is time to jump of the bandwagon of history and think for ourselves. What if the standard is wrong Mally? How has marriage helped shape our foundation... It has nothing to do with the foundation of our society, which has been kept by bravery and equality among other things. People are different from nature as well. We are changing and getting farther and farther from what nature's standards are. It may just be people like you who are preventing us to prove that it does not only take a father and a mother to raise a child! I have seen it done, and it works Mally.... It works. It isnt the family structure of the gay couple that makes problems for them and the child... it is people that reject and alienate them from the rest of us. If the marriage of homosexuals is a sin... Then let them sin. People are people no matter what people say. If someone wishes to be married they will get married. The ban of gay marriage is increasing every moment, and that is what some out dated standard does to society. People are not animals... The standard should change... the "demorilization" of the family unit will not make our society crumble. Nothing should be set in stone!

People are not animals Rocin so why are they going against what men and women have been put on this earth to do ??? Ok so we take the marriage part out of the picture .. Were we put on this earth to Sleep with the same sex ..That is what it amounts to .. Anyone can live together any day of the week in my book and love one another but when it comes down to telling me that sex with the same sex is ok ... then I will tell you that they ARE acting like animals..... That is all I have to say ...

MsFrizz
06-20-2004, 12:14 PM
rocin2 wrote:
what if gays were the ones who were the standard american family?

NOT POSSIBLE! God (my God or your god, if you see a difference), set that rule when he put the egg in the female and the sperm in the male! How can anyone not understand that?

Gearldean
06-20-2004, 12:16 PM
People are not animals Rocin so why are they going against what men and women have been put on this earth to do ??? Ok so we take the marriage part out of the picture .. Were we put on this earth to Sleep with the same sex ..That is what it amounts to .. Anyone can live together any day of the week in my book and love one another but when it comes down to telling me that sex with the same sex is ok ... then I will tell you that they ARE acting like animals..... That is all I have to say ...
Well said, Pond!

Anonymous
06-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Sorry Roc...right and wrong are set in stone. People have tried through the ages to change right and wrong and it always comes back to destroy them eventually.

No we can't jump off the History bandwagon. If you don't know about others mistakes...how can you learn from them. Our history is important...whether you like the history or not.

If men do not stand up for right...and good...then wrong and evil will prevail...and evil always eventually destroys everything around it.
There is a gray area between right and wrong Mally. Why and how could this subject destroy society... you havent answered that question yet. Being gay or giving gays the freedoms of marriage is not evil! I will telll you what destroys society. Intolerence, hate and indifference dimininish the values of society, not gay marriage. This isnt about sex... this is about marriage. I would like an example of how society has been diminished by instituting gay rights in the past... GAY rights Mally... Homosexuality has always been a factor in society, and has never crumbled it, its values, or it social standards. Throughout the ages gays have been alienated from general society Mally, and the results were persecution and hatred. That is what crumbled societies Mally! In history we CAN learn from others mistakes, such as the alienation of gays and even persecutions. But from that we should learn not to distance gays from the rest of us... but to encourage sexual diversity in society. Changing the standards of family structure is far from evil and will certainly not crumble OUR values, nor societies values. We keep our values and our beliefs if gays are able to get married or not. I believe marriage is a symbol of togetherness and love that should be shared with all. Remember when it was unthinkable for a white person to marry a black person. People changed that and society did not crumble... evil did not set on the world. I believe that all should be able to enjoy marriage... rather than just most... Thank you.

Anonymous
06-20-2004, 12:54 PM
rocin2 wrote:
what if gays were the ones who were the standard american family?

NOT POSSIBLE! God (my God or your god, if you see a difference), set that rule when he put the egg in the female and the sperm in the male! How can anyone not understand that? it was hypothetical Frizz... I know that that would be impossible...

Anonymous
06-20-2004, 01:01 PM

I agree with GD pond... Extremely well said. However, I am not talking about gay sex, and have a few questions. Were we put on this earth to type on this forum? Were we put here to have wars, mow lawns, buy stock? No, yet we do it anyway. If men and women were put on this earth to do what you say then it seems to be going along fine. Yet, marriage is a human creation, and the standards were set many, many years ago. Leaving sex out of the picture, I do not see why letting the same sex marry each other is going against our purpose on the Earth.

Miss Mally
06-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Rocin...every great society through out history crumbled because they put pleasure ahead of morals, laciviousness ahead of family. You can look at the Babalonians, the Persians, the Greeks and the Romans....and you will find that when their society sank into orgies and homosexual lifestyles...when they turned from moral behaviors...they were captured, conquered and fell into poverty.

There are only grey areas when people want to justify their selfish wants. Rape is wrong...black and white. Those that want to rape someone may say there are grey areas. They make excuses for their behavior...someone...society didn't treat them right etc.

Roc...you are trying to seperate marrage from sex....that is like Clinton trying to claim oral sex isn't really sex. Sex is part of marrage...an important part. It has only been in the last several centuries that a cerimony was the binding view of marrage....and this still isn't an absolute....consumation...the final commitment has always been the sexual act...the act of a man and woman joining together.

People can trying to change the definition of "is" of "sex" of "family" of "marrage"....but that doesn't really change what they are. When people no longer like what something means...and they can just change the definition on a whim...it throws things into chaos...nothing has a true foundation...and everything becomes a lie and nothing true anymore.

Hate is not always a bad thing...we as Christians are called upon to hate sin. Each time our society excepts that which as wrong...in the name of tolerance....we diminish ourselves. We have lowered the bar and will eventually wallow in the mire ourselves.

Intollerence is not always a bad thing either...we are not tollerant of many evils...murder, rape, pedifiles, suicide, incest etc.

You are right on one point...indifference is distructive...that is why we as Christians, as defenders of the family must not be indiffernt to the ills that face our society. We must stand strong against them.

Anonymous
06-20-2004, 04:08 PM
You may be a "defender of the family" all you want, but I will not agree with you Mally... Perhaps it is because I am not Christian or "anti-Christ" but Our differences on this matter are now shown, and nothing either of us can do is going to change each others opinions. Discussions get us no where. We should just accept our opinions and end this now.

Miss Mally
06-20-2004, 06:54 PM
hahahahahahhah rocin....I understand you no longer wanting to argue the issue and do believe you are right in that we will never change the others minds. But I shall not go quietly into the night...as that would be a form of indifference. And while you will bow quietly out of the arguement on this forum...I shall still speak out, write my letters, make my phone calls and fight to preserve the family unit. For though you are determined to be set in your ways...others have yet to make up their minds. ;)

Anonymous
06-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Mally you will never change. lol. I have known from the beginning that you do not stop at anything. It was a good discussion Mally. Thank you.

CuriousGal
06-20-2004, 09:10 PM
I feel that I must add something here. Ok Rocin, let's take sex out of the equation. I'm all right with that. I think Mally and others have made valid points when they stated that legalizing homosexual marriages would further the decline of our country but I want to add something that just flat-out makes sense to me. Men and women are different creatures. We might all be homo sapiens but genetically, we are different and I don't think that there is a human being alive who doesn't agree that fundamentally, basically, whatever term you'd like to use here, the sexes are different in ways that haven't been proven to be genetic. Emotions, attitudes, etc. It's my understanding that we are different because the two sexes complement one another and basically, when put together, a well-rounded human is presented. I'm NOT saying that a single person who never marries is NOT whole. I am saying, however, that when members of each gender raise children, those children are afforded the full scope of humanity. That's where homosexual marriages cause damage to our country's moral fabric. Two women simply cannot add the necessary maleness to the upbringing of a child just as two men can't add the necessary femaleness. Allowing homosexual marriage harms our future generations because they will face deficiencies that are unnecessary and quite frankly, I think enough of those children to make sure that they have what they need in order to grow into great adults who have what they need in order to make it in this world and flourish.

If two people of the same sex want to get married, I still don't believe that it should be legal but I can understand the financial ramifications of not having a legal union. I wouldn't be against those two people having the option of forming a legal partnership to protect assets, life insurance, etc. but marriage is a no-go in my mind. And allowing homosexuals to adopt should be prohibited for the reason that I stated above. I'm not about to endorse legislation that will hurt children. They don't deserve that.

CG

Miss Mally
06-20-2004, 09:52 PM
good points Cg....I was thinking along those lines...but couldn't figure out how to word it. You did a great job.

Anonymous
06-20-2004, 10:04 PM
I feel that I must add something here. Ok Rocin, let's take sex out of the equation. I'm all right with that. I think Mally and others have made valid points when they stated that legalizing homosexual marriages would further the decline of our country but I want to add something that just flat-out makes sense to me. Men and women are different creatures. We might all be homo sapiens but genetically, we are different and I don't think that there is a human being alive who doesn't agree that fundamentally, basically, whatever term you'd like to use here, the sexes are different in ways that haven't been proven to be genetic. Emotions, attitudes, etc. It's my understanding that we are different because the two sexes complement one another and basically, when put together, a well-rounded human is presented. I'm NOT saying that a single person who never marries is NOT whole. I am saying, however, that when members of each gender raise children, those children are afforded the full scope of humanity. That's where homosexual marriages cause damage to our country's moral fabric. Two women simply cannot add the necessary maleness to the upbringing of a child just as two men can't add the necessary femaleness. Allowing homosexual marriage harms our future generations because they will face deficiencies that are unnecessary and quite frankly, I think enough of those children to make sure that they have what they need in order to grow into great adults who have what they need in order to make it in this world and flourish.

If two people of the same sex want to get married, I still don't believe that it should be legal but I can understand the financial ramifications of not having a legal union. I wouldn't be against those two people having the option of forming a legal partnership to protect assets, life insurance, etc. but marriage is a no-go in my mind. And allowing homosexuals to adopt should be prohibited for the reason that I stated above. I'm not about to endorse legislation that will hurt children. They don't deserve that.

CG

Yes... hmmmm. I dont know what to say... Maybe I am wrong... I need to sleep on this CG. Very good post.... might just change my opinion... and its pretty hard to change that.... Never though of it that way before... wasnt thinking about the child... Im going to have to rethink all this...

Absolutely amazing job. You should write a book CG. Really. You could change the world.

Gearldean
06-20-2004, 10:15 PM
I'm impressed, CG! You put that into words that tells it like it is!

Anonymous
06-21-2004, 07:22 AM
[quote="rocin2"] But from that we should learn not to distance gays from the rest of us... but to encourage sexual diversity in society.

SEXUAL DIVERSITY :!: :!: :!: You are one lost soul! :cry: :cry:

Anonymous
06-21-2004, 08:58 AM
[quote=rocin2] But from that we should learn not to distance gays from the rest of us... but to encourage sexual diversity in society.

SEXUAL DIVERSITY :!: :!: :!: You are one lost soul! :cry: :cry: Call me what you wish, for I do not agree.

Miss Mally
06-21-2004, 09:09 AM
Encourage....Yes...I have a problem with that big time. I don't want my child encouraged to be sexually diverse. This is where acceptence leads to...an eventual attitude that all should be "Encouraged" to act in the same mannor.

What does sexual diversity really accomplish? What do you believe the purpose of sex is Rocin?

Anonymous
06-21-2004, 10:11 AM
I think I worded that a tad bit wrongly. I do not think we should be "encouraged" to be sexually diverse, nor do I think we should encourage our kids to be sexually diverse. What I want to say is that sexual diversity should be accepted in society. If someone wants to be gay we should accept that and look on them just as we would any one else Mally. What I meant to say was that we should encourage the acceptence of sexual diversity. Sorry for the confusion.

Gearldean
06-21-2004, 10:19 AM
I think I worded that a tad bit wrongly. I do not think we should be "encouraged" to be sexually diverse, nor do I think we should encourage our kids to be sexually diverse. What I want to say is that sexual diversity should be accepted in society. If someone wants to be gay we should accept that and look on them just as we would any one else Mally. What I meant to say was that we should encourage the acceptence of sexual diversity. Sorry for the confusion.
Rocin, I don't believe in shunning anyone for their beliefs but I certainly don't believe I should ACCEPT sexual diversity as being okay and right. According to my beliefs, it isn't okay or right.

Anonymous
06-21-2004, 10:26 AM
I am sorry. I did not mean to shun anyone. I understand what you believe in GD, and I am surely not saying that you are wrong. I don't think we know who is really right or really wrong. We just, by human nature, believe our own opinions to be right. I am merely offering another side to this issue since I see that most of you have similar opinions on this matter. You all, especially Mally and CG, have made me think about this from another perspective, and I certainly hope I have done the same for you.

Gearldean
06-21-2004, 10:51 AM
I am sorry. I did not mean to shun anyone. I understand what you believe in GD, and I am surely not saying that you are wrong. I don't think we know who is really right or really wrong. We just, by human nature, believe our own opinions to be right. I am merely offering another side to this issue since I see that most of you have similar opinions on this matter. You all, especially Mally and CG, have made me think about this from another perspective, and I certainly hope I have done the same for you.
You were mistaken in they way you took what I said, Rocin. I didn't mean that you or anyone else in particular had shunned anyone but I have seen that and it's something I cannot accept.

I will tell you what I believe but I won't try to browbeat you until you see things my way. If you ever get a chance to read "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren, grab it!

Anonymous
06-21-2004, 10:55 AM
I will GD. Please tell me of your beliefs. I would love to hear them.

Gearldean
06-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Well, Rocin! I thought that's just what I did! Did you mean it when you said you listened to another person's point of view or didn't you? :D

Miss Mally
06-21-2004, 12:37 PM
I like Gd...don't believe in automaticly shunning someone...just because they are different or believe differently....but....I will avoid exposing my children to some. It has nothing to do with shunning and it is not ment to be mean or ugly...it is that I have to put my children first.

Anonymous
06-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Good for you Miss Mally. I like your philosophy. :)

Anonymous
06-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Well, Rocin! I thought that's just what I did! Did you mean it when you said you listened to another person's point of view or didn't you? :D Of course I listened to other people's points of view. CG's speech almost blew me away. I had never seen it in that context before and have never thought about it on those terms. I always listen to Mally's point of view as well. It's interesting.

CuriousGal
06-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Yes... hmmmm. I dont know what to say... Maybe I am wrong... I need to sleep on this CG. Very good post.... might just change my opinion... and its pretty hard to change that.... Never though of it that way before... wasnt thinking about the child... Im going to have to rethink all this...

Absolutely amazing job. You should write a book CG. Really. You could change the world.

It wasn't my intent to prove you wrong or change your mind. I am content to know that you are thinking about this because it's a huge topic and a LOT of lives could be affected by the legal outcome of this topic. I just posted what I think about this subject and it's taken me a while to figure that out. I remember wondering about such topics when I was in college. What did I believe? What did I think? What's right? What's wrong? Unlike you, I'm a Christian so my beliefs are different than yours. I'm not trying to preach here although my faith is a HUGE part of me. I know that my faith is right just as you know that yours is. We won't agree on this now but we do have some common ground and we can discuss this issue as civilized human beings. You've proven yourself to be a level-headed person who wants to hear other points of view. You've been quite gracious and that is to be applauded.

I wrote a long response to your post that was thwarted by my own computer (locked up on me and I had to restart resulting in my losing every single word) so I'll make this as short as I can. Our country has seen a major decline in personal responsibility, respect, etc. in at least the 2 most recent generations. Why is that? I think that the primary reason for that is the decline in actual families that consist of a father, a mother and extended families. Many blame video games, TV, movies, "celebrity role models", even a former president but I think those are simply things that exacerbated the problems that children have faced since the 70's when many families broke apart. I think it's essential for children to have the male influence of a father and the female influence of a mother.

That’s all I’m trying to point out and I am truly happy that my words have caused you to think about this issue more. I’ve been in your position and found that others’ words helped me to figure out exactly what I thought about issues. My beliefs are MINE just as yours will be yours but it’s always a good thing to hear others’ thoughts on a subject.

Good for you and I look forward to hearing more of your comments.

CG

Anonymous
06-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Yes we shape our own opinions about many different things. However there are influences that shape our opinions, good and bad. You made me think of this issue in a new light CG, and helped shaped a better knowledge of this. You helped a lot CG. Thanks.

CuriousGal
06-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Yes we shape our own opinions about many different things. However there are influences that shape our opinions, good and bad. You made me think of this issue in a new light CG, and helped shaped a better knowledge of this. You helped a lot CG. Thanks.

You couldn't be more welcome Rocin. It certainly was my pleasure. I appreciate your open-mindedness and your quest for others's thoughts about this. It's a BIG topic. A topic that might take a lot of people a LOT of time to figure out. There are so many facets and it really does hit us at our core. I applaud you for being open and I hope that you are able to work through this so that you find your stance on this issue. One that you believe in completely.

CG

CuriousGal
07-07-2004, 08:39 PM
I just got an e-mail that I feel I should share. I know that we've hashed this topic out but nothing has been truly decided on the national level and it seems that a decision is about to be made. Whatever you feel about this, I urge you all to make your thoughts known. That's what America is all about. This e-mail came from the American Family Association.

"SENATOR FRIST URGES YOU TO SPEAK UP FOR MARRIAGE

Next week the U.S. Senate will be voting on the Federal Marriage Amendment. This amendment would define marriage as the union of one man and one woman, and is a necessary addition to our Constitution. The FMA is vital to preserve the institution of marriage in our country.

I can tell you that your voice matters. As Senators, it is our responsibility to listen to you. So I encourage you to make your views known.

Thank you for standing up to protect marriage.

Senator Bill Frist, M.D.
Majority Leader
United States Senate

---------------------------------------------

From Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
American Family Association

Would you take a moment and act on the request of Senator Frist? All he is asking is that you make two phone calls to your Senators. These could be the most important phone calls you will ever make for the future of your country and your children.

Your help in this matter is urgent. Please call your Senators and ask them to support the Federal Marriage Amendment. You can reach them at 1-202-224-3121.

IF THAT NUMBER IS BUSY, PLEASE CLICK HERE http://www.protectmarriagerally.com/default.asp#sj30 FOR A DIRECT LINE TO YOUR SENATORS. This site also lists the District Offices numbers (often a local call), the current position of the Senator on the Federal Marriage Amendment, and your opportunity to join nearly two million others in signing a Petition http://www.nogaymarriage.com/default.asp opposing homosexual marriage. Some of the Senators even have a toll-free number you can call. Be sure to call and then sign the Petition.

Voting Clarification:
A vote for the Federal Marriage Amendment is a vote for traditional marriage.
A vote against the Federal Marriage Amendment is a vote for homosexual marriage.
I urge you to respond to Sen. Frist’s request and call your two Senators. Time is short.

Finally, forward this email to your family and friends.
1. Call your two Senators.
2. Sign the Petition.
3. Forward this email to friends and family.

Sincerely,

Don

Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
American Family Association"

I've already stated my feeling on this issue and I stand by it. My faith will not allow me to accept homosexual marriage so I don't. There is the other factor, though, that I've discussed that truly shows why homosexual marriage should NOT happen. Allowing such a marriage sets a precedent and that precedent will, undoubtedly, allow homosexual couples to adopt children and those children will be robbed of what they need most. They need most the teaching and influence of BOTH sexes because the sexes complement one another. As I said, 2 women can't provide the maleness necessary just as 2 men can't provide the femaleness.

I still understand the argument made by homosexuals that they can't legally unite. Because of this, they can't enjoy the use of life insurance, health insurance benefits, etc. As I said before, a legal union would work here. Marriage should be confined to a man and a woman. I'd love to hear all of your thoughts on this.

CG

Miss Mally
07-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks for bringing this back up CG. You know we see eye to eye on this one! :)

Rhiannon
07-07-2004, 09:43 PM
I got that email too CG! Thank you for posting it.