PDA

View Full Version : EASTLAND CONCERNED CITIZENS

cjb
06-02-2004, 06:56 PM
The ECC will have a meeting Thursday, June 3rd, at 5:30 at the End of the Trail restaurant. All citizens are invited are invited and urged to attend. If you live or work in Eastland, there are new city ordinances that WILL affect you. This group was formed to look out for the best interest of ALL citizens and needs more citizen involvement and input.

BigGunz
06-02-2004, 07:11 PM
I would Love to go but the meeting is way too early for me...since i work later than 5:30 most of the time and know for sure tomorrow will be a late day.

techgurl88
06-03-2004, 07:08 AM
The ECC will have a meeting Thursday, June 3rd, at 5:30 at the End of the Trail restaurant. All citizens are invited are invited and urged to attend. If you live or work in Eastland, there are new city ordinances that WILL affect you. This group was formed to look out for the best interest of ALL citizens and needs more citizen involvement and input.

For those of us who couldn't make it, can you let us in on the new ordinances that will affect us?

BigGunz
06-03-2004, 08:18 AM
because of early rain today it is preventing me from working till it lets up some so I know for sure I will not be able to make it....but TG has a an interesting request....can someone post the ordinances that will affect us ALL...this I would like to see.

Rhiannon
06-03-2004, 10:06 AM

Whats is being accomplished at these meetings?

Anonymous
06-03-2004, 11:22 AM
HI!

unicorn
06-03-2004, 04:47 PM
any one have an update for us

Anonymous
06-03-2004, 05:23 PM
I wish sweetwater had something like this

cjb
06-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Sorry, I cannot post all of the new (or revised) ordiances here because there is more than 100 pages of them. However, some of them are: your grass cannot be more than 6" tall, you cannot have a camper shell in your yard that is visible from the street, you cannot have a hole or crack in your house, you have to have a heat system that can maintain a constant heat throughout your house in the winter of at least 68 and air conditioning in the summer of at least 85 or 20 degress lower than the outside temperature, if you have someone buried in the Eastland cemetary, you must provide a marker that can only be made from granite, marble, or bronze, you have to have screens on your windows than have no holes in them, you have to have at least 150 sq. feet of living space for the first person in a home and an additional 100 sq. feet for each and every other person living there, and the list goes on and on and on. Oh, also, for every offense, you have one day to pay the fine and it doubles everyday that it is not paid and 30 days to correct the offense or they will start procurement proceedings to take your property. There are so many rediculous ordinances that need to be repealed, and that is the main objective of the ECC. However, this group is not just here for this reason only. The ECC is becoming a non profit organization that will be a watchdog group to protect the citizens from being run over by local commissioners and city officials. We are essentially just citizens that are here to say enough is enough and we will not be run over. Please join is this effort. The next meeting will be next Thursday at the End of the Trail restaurant at 5:30.

Girlie
06-03-2004, 10:11 PM
okay, I don't live there, but some of those ordinances seem as though they would be near impossible to enforce ...

someone will actually go around and see if you have holes in your window screens? Isn't there better and more worthy things to take care of?

And if I buy my house, I can have as many people or as few people living in it that I wish, too ... no?

Geez ... some of that sounds a little ridiculous!

BigGunz
06-03-2004, 10:49 PM
i dont actually think you can have more people than space....I might be wrong but I belive there is a limit for safty reasons as well as other reasons......somehow Im thinking there has to be so many members in certain amount of family dwellings...I just recall excatly what it is or even if Im right.

Girlie
06-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Well that ordinance would make sense for safety reasons, and I kinda doubt anyone would ever exceed the limits ... if it's 150 sq. feet for the first person and 100 sq. feet for everyone after that .... then in a 2500 sq. foot home, you could have 24 people living there? Is that right? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that would not be a likely thing around here.

????

AlwaysRadio
06-03-2004, 10:59 PM
The deadline is nearing to make some final decisions about these ordinances...in fact, I suspect the June city council meeting will, again, be standing room only. CJ...some of what you quoted does concern me as a returning citizen to Eastland and it seems to me that some of what you said should be up to the property owner and not the city. I am sorry that I have not attended any of these meetings, but I am communicating with a few sources for media's sake. I am very interested in how this will turn out and pray that the final outcome will be in the best interest of the citizens.

BigGunz
06-03-2004, 11:10 PM
No if you have a 2500 sq ft home doesnt mean you can have 24 people in it...it doesnt work like that....it has something to do with the size or established zoning on family dwellings not so much as with square foot of the home.

souldancefree
06-04-2004, 12:01 AM
My dad has been going to those meetings mostly becasue of the new water thing. We'll go out of business if they dont comprimise but i hear they are stubborn and probably wont change thier minds. But God willing i hope they do.

unicorn
06-04-2004, 07:46 AM
what water thing

Gearldean
06-04-2004, 07:56 AM
I think someone mentioned that one of the ordinances would require each dwelling to have a separate water meter.

souldancefree
06-04-2004, 09:58 AM
yeah and that causes our bill to double. I've just overheard my dad talking about it. i dont really know or understand a lot of it.

MsFrizz
06-04-2004, 03:56 PM
People who have a water line running from their house to a barn or other structure will be required to pay an additional meter charge each month.

People who have a travel trailor or mobile home, or extra structure or house on their land with water piped to it must pay an extra meter charge each month for each structure. Some have been informed that they will pay extra charges for each structure even though the trailor or house is standing empty, not being used by people.

Anyone who owns an apartment complex will now be charged an extra meter charge for each apartment. This will cause a BIG jump in the water bill, and will have to be passed on to the renters. Many of these apartments are rented by people on fixed incomes, or are low income apartments.

Anyone who has a strip mall and rents each unit to a business will now be charged an extra meter charge for every unit.

No one is being forced to actually get another meter, but if the water is ever turned off for any reason, or a renter moves out etc. then the owner or future owner will be forced to purchase a new meter. By the way, the charge for a new meter just happened to go up to 1000$, from what I understand. It was 500$ just before these new regulations were voted in.

Anonymous
06-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Well Thank God I live in Cisco. And Thank God Im NOT moving back to Eastland But to Flatwood. Dont got no water meter.

Besides there is no way I can afford to fix up a house with the income we make. As fast as they would want.

RogueEconomist
06-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Not just water problems, I understand that there is a new ordinance that
says the city can double a fine each day its late. I dont have a degree in math but a $10.00 fine that doubles each day turns into
$3,861,381,120.00 in just 30days if I did the math right. The city should have plenty of money with just a few fines. Geez dont go on vacation and forget to pay a fine. Or let your grass get too long while your gone. Sounds crazy and will never happen, but shouldnt rules for Eastland be a little better thought out? I understand that you cant dye chickens with food coloring either. What will we do for entertainment with no chickens to dye. One of 100s of cool new city laws. This is bad, very bad, and the news laws need to be thought through and the public needs to be consulted and not have this rammed down our throats. Eastland is a nice place lets dont screw it up, :idea:

MadMabel
06-04-2004, 06:24 PM
I for one have been attending the concerned citizens meetings and folks I would highly recommend you to attend. True most of these ordinances needs clearification, there are board members meeting with Mr. Pipkin and Mr. Vernon who are diligently trying to do whats best for Eastland. But you gotta remember some of these ordinances are for the betterment of Eastland. Did anyone by chance read the article on the front page of yesterdays Abilene Reporter News? It pertains to a weed and grass ordinance!Now I don't know about all of you, but if my neighbor refuses to mow his grass,has old tires full of water ideal for breeding mosquitos,windows broken out...old cars all over his yard....I'm gonna be ticked aplenty!!Especially when I have spent the better part of the day making sure my yard is taken care of. We need some of these ordinances for our own protection.We have cussed and discussed the ordinance about the colored chickens and ducks...it has been taken OUT..deleted..nomore..nada..zilch.I would recommend some of these people who keep complaining about this one to take heed..it aint there anymore!If you cant attend the meetings, please contact a member who is and fill out a membership form.We need your name so we can let the City Commissioners know how concerned all of us are about our town,
Of course this is just a MadMable opinion.

unicorn
06-04-2004, 06:32 PM
who do we contact to get a member form

MadMabel
06-04-2004, 07:21 PM
The board officers are Kim Burke who owns Pizza Pro, Sam Williams who owns BigSRoofing,Cathy Beggs who works at Cutters Hair Salon and Elaine Gosnell who owns Heathers Cards and Merle Norman. I am sure any one of these people can get you as many forms as you need. We need as many names as we can get.If we as citizens show how concerned we are I feel we can get results.

unicorn
06-04-2004, 07:45 PM
thank you i will contact one of them

MsFrizz
06-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Mabel, I went to the first city hall meeting and the concerned citizens meeting at the old corner bank. My concerns with city management started over a year ago at the time of the city limits annexation.

This city ordinance thing started out much the same as the annexation. Some in city hall prefer to use a heavy-handed tactic, and seem to feel that it is no ones business what city hall does. In other words, they see themselves as all-powerful. These certain people come across as believing they should have total control over Eastland and all goings-on.

My main worry about the ordinances is that they are so extensive, and cover so many areas, that they give total control to one or two people at city hall. All it would take is a personal grudge, or for one of these people to take a notion to "show their control", and they could cause much harm to a person or family. No one entity should have that much control.

Anonymous
06-04-2004, 08:52 PM
I keep in close contact with Cutters and sometimes with one of the local gas Stations that is concerned. They need more help pushing sounds like.

MadMabel
06-04-2004, 09:12 PM
MsFrizz, I respect your opinions and concerns, and that is why I believe every Eastland citizen should attend as many of our meetings as possible. I know the board members who are working with Mr. Pipkin and Mr. Vernon have expressed their concerns over the wording, that giving one person, the city manager so much control. They are changing the wording to say "City Commissioners" instead of "City Manager". I can honestly say neither one of the commissioners have a problem with that. As far as any city offical bringing harm to someone over the way they believe, I find that hard to believe! Negative thoughts will get us nowhere. We must all work together in a positive way for everyone to benefit.
Of course this is only a MadMable opinion.

fishhook
06-04-2004, 09:35 PM
I live in Cisco.

Shhhhh! Not so loud! They might get some ideas. :shock: :D

Gearldean
06-05-2004, 09:09 AM
I'm certainly glad to see the citizens here handling this dispute in a peaceful manner! I just read about a man in Colorado who armored a bulldozer and plowed into several buildings because of a zoning dispute that affected his business.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Central/06/05/bulldozer.rampage/index.html

MsFrizz
06-05-2004, 09:16 AM
MsFrizz, I respect your opinions and concerns, and that is why I believe every Eastland citizen should attend as many of our meetings as possible. I know the board members who are working with Mr. Pipkin and Mr. Vernon have expressed their concerns over the wording, that giving one person, the city manager so much control. They are changing the wording to say "City Commissioners" instead of "City Manager". I can honestly say neither one of the commissioners have a problem with that. As far as any city offical bringing harm to someone over the way they believe, I find that hard to believe! Negative thoughts will get us nowhere. We must all work together in a positive way for everyone to benefit.
Of course this is only a MadMable opinion.

Please don't misunderstand, Mabel. I also feel that Mr. Pipkin and Mr. Vernon want to do what is best for Eastland and it's people, and that they are trying to work with the citizens. But it will take more than two of them.

I have not gone to the recent meetings because I live about 100 yards outside the city limits, and feel uncomfortable when a vote is taken, or opinions are asked. I don't have any legal vote in the goings on of Eastland, even though I was born here and have raised my child here.

The articles in the paper have been very well written and informative, however, they always end by inviting all citizens to attend. I believe many others are interested, and could be a help to the cause.

Please check your PM later today. I sent you one several days ago and did not get a response. Thanks!

Anonymous
06-05-2004, 10:25 AM
when I read this last nite, i began doing some homework. Talked to a couple of people with the city and a couple that are on the committee meeting with the commisioners. After reading this to them, this is what I learned. You need to ask people invlovled to get the real info. there is a lot of stuff not right in these statements.

People who have a water line running from their house to a barn or other structure will be required to pay an additional meter charge each month.

People who have a travel trailor or mobile home, or extra structure or house on their land with water piped to it must pay an extra meter charge each month for each structure. Some have been informed that they will pay extra charges for each structure even though the trailor or house is standing empty, not being used by people.

Anyone who owns an apartment complex will now be charged an extra meter charge for each apartment. This will cause a BIG jump in the water bill, and will have to be passed on to the renters. Many of these apartments are rented by people on fixed incomes, or are low income apartments.

Anyone who has a strip mall and rents each unit to a business will now be charged an extra meter charge for every unit.

No one is being forced to actually get another meter, but if the water is ever turned off for any reason, or a renter moves out etc. then the owner or future owner will be forced to purchase a new meter. By the way, the charge for a new meter just happened to go up to 1000$, from what I understand. It was 500$ just before these new regulations were voted in.

Art
06-05-2004, 10:48 AM
msfrizz don't let it bother you that you live outside the city. the president of the Eastland Concerned Citizens lives in Ranger, doesn't she?

Anonymous
06-05-2004, 10:55 AM
it is sad because so many that really care live outside the city limits. but they have a business or family in the city limits which does affect them. not to say that people inside the city limits don't care, it just several of the ones that got it all started live outside the city limits.

Anonymous
06-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Joe, if you're going to attempt to discredit Ms. Frizz statements and say that a lot of it is not right, can you let us know exactly what was not right? I'm sure she'd like to know what's not right about it too! If you want to be believed, back up what you're saying. Right now, it just seems like you're being emotional about this and throwing a smoke screen.

when I read this last nite, i began doing some homework. Talked to a couple of people with the city and a couple that are on the committee meeting with the commisioners. After reading this to them, this is what I learned. You need to ask people invlovled to get the real info. there is a lot of stuff not right in these statements.

Phoneguy
06-05-2004, 01:14 PM
We moved back to Eastland a few years ago when my job transferred to Abilene. We enjoy the relaxed way of life, and the easy-going attitudes we found here. We have also found this board to be the modern version of the "back yard fence". Opinions expressed are not necessarily based on real facts. :D You've all played the game where one person whispers a sentence into the next person's ear, who does the same to the third person, and on around the room. By the time that sentence passes around the room, it has often become totally different in meaning and in substance. :) (Edited - Note: This paragraph is not intended to reflect on this thread, just forums, in general.)

With that in mind, in addition to reading these posts, I would suggest we do our best to attend the meetings, read the proposed ordinances and form our own opinion.

I have found some of the postings, particularly one on the first page that stated specific items addressed by new regulations, to be a bit disturbing. I am not convinced that we need this type of regulation in our town, and I will do my best to learn more of what is underway.

The new ordinance situation could be compared to the old statement about voting: If you don't participate, you don't have a right to gripe. (Liberally paraphrased)

Anonymous
06-05-2004, 02:08 PM
I didnt mean my comment to discredit anyone, but to encourage each as an individual to do the homework and get fact. sorry for any misunderstanding. I am new to the board and will learn. I dont want to feed anyone the wrong info, so again, I think people should talk to those that are working on the situation. madmable seems to be a part of the citizen group. Mabel can you shed any light on the subject???

[quote="Riatta"]Joe, if you're going to attempt to discredit Ms. Frizz statements and say that a lot of it is not right, can you let us know exactly what was not right? I'm sure she'd like to know what's not right about it too! If you want to be believed, back up what you're saying. Right now, it just seems like you're being emotional about this and throwing a smoke screen.

Anonymous
06-05-2004, 02:23 PM
this ordinance just knocked me over, so I will tell you what I found out.
a fine for being in non compliance is assessed each day(not doubled) that you remain in non compliance. a fine of 10$ if assessed for 30 days would amount to 300$. fines can be(not will be) as high as 500 dollars per day but not higher--so I am told.

there is no way i can relay all my conversation with those i talk to. I cant type that good or remember that well, so i will not try to convince anyon of anything accept to do the homework.

this
Not just water problems, I understand that there is a new ordinance that
says the city can double a fine each day its late. I dont have a degree in math but a $10.00 fine that doubles each day turns into
$3,861,381,120.00 in just 30days if I did the math right. The city should have plenty of money with just a few fines. Geez dont go on vacation and forget to pay a fine. Or let your grass get too long while your gone. Sounds crazy and will never happen, but shouldnt rules for Eastland be a little better thought out? I understand that you cant dye chickens with food coloring either. What will we do for entertainment with no chickens to dye. One of 100s of cool new city laws. This is bad, very bad, and the news laws need to be thought through and the public needs to be consulted and not have this rammed down our throats. Eastland is a nice place lets dont screw it up, :idea:

MsFrizz
06-05-2004, 02:34 PM

Joe, I do make mistakes, and my memory is not as good as it used to be. But I have gone back over my statements, and they all come from what I myself have heard at the city meetings or what has been told to me by the owners and business people involved directly with what is going on.

At the time I heard these things, the city counsil agreed to give the committee until late June to review all the ordinances that [u]have in fact[u] already been passed by the city. From what Mabel says, some aggreements have already been made. I hope so. But seems to me that until late June, when the final meeting about this issue occurs, these ordinances have not been changed. As it was explained at the city meeting, they are "on hold".

I will ask some people whether I have misunderstand any of this, and if I have I will correct it.

MsFrizz
06-05-2004, 02:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote*
this ordinance just knocked me over, so I will tell you what I found out.
a fine for being in non compliance is assessed each day(not doubled) that you remain in non compliance. a fine of 10$ if assessed for 30 days would amount to 300$. fines can be(not will be) as high as 500 dollars per day but not higher--so I am told. *Quote

Joe, what you wrote here justs knocks me over. Fines can be as high as 500$ per day! That is outrageous in itself! Why should a government be allowed to even concider it? Even a 10$ a day fine would devestate a lot of people I know.

Anonymous
06-05-2004, 02:56 PM

Joe, I do make mistakes, and my memory is not as good as it used to be. But I have gone back over my statements, and they all come from what I myself have heard at the city meetings or what has been told to me by the owners and business people involved directly with what is going on.

At the time I heard these things, the city counsil agreed to give the committee until late June to review all the ordinances that [u]have in fact[u] already been passed by the city. From what Mabel says, some aggreements have already been made. I hope so. But seems to me that until late June, when the final meeting about this issue occurs, these ordinances have not been changed. As it was explained at the city meeting, they are "on hold".

I will ask some people whether I have misunderstand any of this, and if I have I will correct it.

i can't find any mistakes here either. looks like what is going on. can you tell us what you know joe. i am very close to several people and i am not sure what you are saying.

MadMabel
06-05-2004, 03:03 PM
I am so glad to see the interest here! Please all of you who live outside the city limits,......attend our meetings. If you have an idea that might help us by all means we need you! Kim who is the President does indeed live outside Eastland city limits however she has a business in Eastland. In fact the committee that meets with the city commissioners after the concerned citizens meeting,only three of them live inside the city limits. The others I believe have business'or are retired in Eastland. Your questions and suggestions are just as important. I think one of you were concerned about the other commissioners. I truly believe that Mr.Pipkin and Mr. Vernon speak for them as well. As you know Mr. Pipkin is now City Mayor, so I would think the commissioners would trust his judgement on these subjects. Phoneguy I really take offence to your "backyard fence" comment. Some of us have spents hours on hours reading and rereading the ordinances and trying to make them fair to all. I can assure you we do not "whisper" to one another and see what the final outcome is! If you would be a part of the meetings you might find that most of us have Eastland and its citizens our main concern. Like I have said before and I will say again we do not need negative responses. I am still going to fight for people such as yourself to make Eastland a better place to live and work. So...with that behind me....MsFrizz,art, and joedirt I hope you will try to come Thursday at the End of the Trails at 5:30, we Need everyone.
Geraldean thanks for you nice comment it was greatly appreciated!

Phoneguy
06-05-2004, 05:22 PM
I guess no matter how much care we take when writing, we face the possibility of being misinterpreted. Mabel, I intended (at least in my own mind) to refer to talk or postings based on hearsay and he said/she said comments, ordinarily called "gossip". If you were offended, it was certainly not intended. If I read your posting correctly, you thought my post was a negative response. Funny, I thought it somewhat positive. Interesting how two people can read something and arrive at totally different conclusions.

Docmom
06-06-2004, 07:41 AM
I can vouche for PhoneGuy and the person he is. He is a very positive person and believes in doing good. He did not intend to offened anyone here.

unicorn
06-06-2004, 07:50 AM
ok is Pipkin the mayor that elected the city manager or was it another mayor

because the mayor it the one that elects the manager it i remember it correctly for state and local government

Gearldean
06-06-2004, 08:32 AM
ok is Pipkin the mayor that elected the city manager or was it another mayor

because the mayor it the one that elects the manager it i remember it correctly for state and local government
Mark Pipkin has only been Mayor for a short time. The City Manager was hired by the City Council, not by the Mayor. I THINK! :D

Art
06-06-2004, 08:42 AM
that is correct, Gearldean

Gearldean
06-06-2004, 08:49 AM
that is correct, Gearldean
Well, thank goodness I'm right about SOMETHING!

MadMabel
06-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Right as rain Geraldean..Phoneguy apology taken.You are correct in one thing for sure. People can construe ones conversation! It irritates me so when instead of listening, some people only want to be heard. I do thank you for your input on this subject. We need every citizen to become a part of this committee.

MadMabel
06-08-2004, 04:23 PM
First of all, if you can attend our weekly concerned citzens meeting..It will be Thurdsay, June 10,2004, at 5:30pm at the End of the Trails Restaurant. Second, if you are wondering what ordinances are of our concerns go to madsaw.com and you will be able to read them for yourselves. (these are only some of them) Then if you have questions regarding any of them, attend our meeting and let us know. I can not stress enough how important numbers are to us. This meeting is for all of us..not just some of us. Hope to see you there!

unicorn
06-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Garden: A piece of ground or area of fertile land for growing vegetables, flowers, etc.

so does this mean that we will not be able to have a garden

MadMabel
06-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Unicorn, I think what you are referring to is the definitation in Article III. Garbage,Weeds,Junk and Unsanitary Conditions, Sec.9-18 Definition. This is only a description of what would be considered as a piece of land for a garden. I can't see where you could not grow a garden. At least that is the way I interpret.

Bigbritches
06-10-2004, 08:31 AM
The Eastland Concerned Citizens are meeting at 5:30 pm Thursday at the End of the Trails restaurant.

Ranger
06-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Bump

RogueEconomist
06-10-2004, 04:01 PM
EVERYONE COME AT 5:30

Ranger
06-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Hope someone lets us know what happened at the meeting.....................

MadMabel
06-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Okay Folks...Our regularly scheduled Concerned Citizens Meeting will be Thursday, June 17th at 5:30 pm at the End of the Trails Restaurant. In case you may not know, this will be the last meeting before the June 21st deadline the Commissioners have given us. It is so important that we have as many people attend this meeting as possible. We have a couple of very important issues that need to be approved before the selected board members meet with the two commissioners at 7:00pm the same evening. I can not stress the importance of everyone attending. The meetings usually last a one hour. Hope to see you there!

RogueEconomist
06-13-2004, 10:40 PM
Intresting story on the Dallas channel 8 tonight. About a 85 year old black man who owns a commercial building in Dallas was fined $150,000.00 and jailed for 3 days because he didnt have the money to do to his old building what the city thought he should. Code violations. Our leaders say dont worry we need all these new laws and we will use good judgement in their enforcement. The Sr citizens as well as the rest of us in Eastland best be ware. The iron hand of government oppression is at the door in Eastland. Stand up and say NO, not Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadMabel
06-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Again and again I say, attend the meeting at 5:30pm Thursday, June 17th at the End of the Trails Restaurant. Bring us your concerns. We all can set at our computers and blast the city and the city ordinances and anything else we can think of that we don't like, then turn off the computer and let someone else worry with it! Time is running out folks...If you cant attend PLEASE let one of the members know what your thoughts are. We are all extremely busy, surely you can give us just one hour of your time. This will be our last meeting with the two city council members before the 21st deadline. One hour....June 17th....5:30pm...End of the Trails Restaurant...Be there......

Miss Mally
06-14-2004, 11:00 AM
some of us do not live in Eastland...and are not sure how much good we could be at a meeting..but still would like to give our opinion of things...and so do it here on line.

BigGunz
06-14-2004, 07:10 PM
I could see some of the regualtions arent so bad...and actually a good idea for safety's sake! But alot of them are just ridiculous the way they are worded!

Bigbritches
06-17-2004, 06:28 AM
Eastland Concerned Citizens meeting tonight at the End of the Trail at 5:30. Please attend. Thanks

MadMabel
06-19-2004, 08:18 PM
I thought I would update all of you regarding our last meeting with the City Commissioners. First of all the commissioners meeting that was to be held June 21st has been cancelled. Truthfully, I dont know what to think. I want to believe that the two commissioners, whom we have been working with, are meeting with the other commissioners to go over the changes we have suggested.. They have rescheduled the meeting for June 28th. Secondly...I am very disappointed. We still have not solved the water issue, which was the very reason all of this came to be. I can not stress to all of you we have GOT TO ATTEND THE JUNE 28th Commissioners Meeting. Attendance is crucial! They have agreed to let us have ONE person speak before the Commissioners that evening. We plan to have a called meeting to discuss further action that may need to be taken. Please, contact any of us who are diligently trying to get our issues and concerns across to the City Commissioners. Time is running out! If you can not attend let me know so I can keep a count of the citizens who are still concerned but unable to attend. Thanks so much!

Bigbritches
06-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Well said, Madmable. We can not stress the importance of these meetings. The commissioners need to see what these new ordinances mean to the citizens of Eastland. There is one statement in every new ordinance that will effect all of us living in Eastland. It might not be the water issue for you, but you can bet one of them will step on your toes and into your pocket book. Show you care by attending the meeting of the 28th of the commissioners and help support the Eastland Concerned Citizens.

RogueEconomist
06-20-2004, 11:48 PM
what time is the meeting and is it at city hall?

Bigbritches
06-21-2004, 05:22 AM
The next meeting for the Eastland Concerned Citizens will be June 24 at the End of the Trail Restaurant. 5:30 P.M. The Commissioners meeting will be June 28, 7:00 p.m. at the side door of city hall. Thanks for your interest.

Bigbritches
06-23-2004, 06:30 PM
Please make plans to attend the Eastland Concerned Citizens regular meeting at 5:30 pm. Thursday, June 24th at The End of the Trail Restaurant. Thanks