Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A sad day for Ranger ISD.

Angry A sad day for Ranger ISD.

This is a very sad day for Ranger ISD. We are losing the elementary principal by those of higher power. This man was the best principal Ranger has had in a very long, long time. He had integrity, honesty, and a all around care for the school. To lose this man is a travesty for the school, in my opinion. He will be greatly missed by those that care about the future of our school. I wish him all the luck because he deserves it!

Re: A sad say for Ranger ISD.

Yes this is sad. I have heard of so many good families with good kids who are transfering their kids to other districts. When is the admin and school going to do something to fix this problem?

Why is he leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by wellspring View Post
    Yes this is sad. I have heard of so many good families with good kids who are transfering their kids to other districts. When is the admin and school going to do something to fix this problem?
    Can you explain to us exactly what the problem is?

In my opinion the problem starts with the administration. In the past couple of years I feel that they have spent money carelessly and neglected important problems. I can think of at least 5 families that have moved their children since the begining of 07. This equals at least 9 students that they no longer recieve money for. Most of them moved because of problems in the HS, with the admin or the coaches or both. It is sad for Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerJJ View Post
    Why is he leaving?
    I have heard two diffferent versions:
    One: he was tired of the way things were going at Ranger and was resigning

Two: The Super fired him.

I am not sure which is correct, but I got the second reason from a reliable source.

Well what are the problems? Where was the money spent carelessly and what important issues were neglected? We can't discuss it if we don't know at least a few details.

Ranger surely has lots of sad days....wish someone could get happy about something !

In my opinion, I think the problem is not everyone is doing what is best for the school but what is best for them. The man leaving did what is best for the school and he is the one leaving. I think he should be the one staying and taking over the school, because our school would benefit greatly!

Oh, man, I hate to hear this. He was the nicest man I have ever been around. He is also one of the smartest. Surely, they didn't fire him. They would have to have a really good reason to do so. As far as I know the parents and students really liked him. He was at every football that I went to even though he doesn't have kids in high school yet. He was involved with anything students were involved in. If the school is going to get rid of anyone it should be the one on the high school side. I hear he is not liked by students or parents.

He will be missed.
    Thoughts turn into acts - And habits are formed,
    From habits the shape - Of character is born...
    ...In character is forged - Each soul\'s destiny,
    So does Truth make plain - The seed is the tree!

Quote Originally Posted by motleybc View Post
    In my opinion, I think the problem is not everyone is doing what is best for the school but what is best for them. The man leaving did what is best for the school and he is the one leaving. I think he should be the one staying and taking over the school, because our school would benefit greatly!
    Sound's familar. Like a city council meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by cyotefishing View Post
    Sound's familar. Like a city council meeting.
    Like a Ranger city council meeting?

Okay. Let me clarify. Back in the day.

I agree the elementary school principal was a nice guy and the parents and kids really liked him.

I still don't know why he left or was fired?

I made a phone call to a teacher friend and according to her he left on his own. He took a position in Lingleville.

In the middle of a school year? Didn't he have a contract?

I'm sure he did have a contract but they obviously let him out of it. He is leaving by the end of the six weeks. I still can't believe they would let him go. He is such a super guy. All I can say is they will have a hard time replacing him. Glad my kids are not in elementary.

Re: A sad day for Ranger ISD.

personalities before principals

sad

personalities before principals

sad
    My take on the whole thing is that he was not one of them. The super, the hs principal, and the AD are always together. I don't know if they never invite the elementary principal or just leave him out on purpose, but you never see him with them. Of course, he is much too professional to say anything.

I am just floored that he is leaving. I don't even know why it bothers me as much as it does, but it does. I guess because I have seen the school heading downhill the past few years and now it looks like it is picking up speed!

I agree that he seemed to be a really great principal. He was so invloved with the kiddos. I hope he is happier where he goes next. He deserves it!!

I will truly miss this man. He was an awesome principal. He was there for the kids. I have had several dealings with him on different issues and he has always handled them wonderfully. The elementary will definetly suffer with his leaving.

The elementary principal is leaving because he has a better place to work. So are all the families who want their kids to have a good education after elementary school. The middle school is unacceptable and the high school is not much better. This is nothing new for this school district. I know of many, many good students and teachers who have left over the years due to how things are.

I also heard that the current AD was given the job of the new elementary principal. I don't know whether that's fact or not, but it would be par for the course at Ranger.

I am a middle school and high school teacher at Ranger. There "are" many teachers, like myself, who work hard to educate our students. I often give up my weekends and many evenings to work with our kids outside the classroom in UIL events. I have been in the business for 12 years. I didn't go into this profession to get rich. I'm in it for the kids. So let's not blame teachers here. The unacceptable rating that Ranger Middle School received was two years ago. Last year the scores improved to acceptable. In fact only a few points from recognized. Ranger received a letter from the TEA that stated how impressed the score turn around was. Thanks no doubt to teachers working hard each day to getting kids on track.

Discipline is a problem at our school and both our principals have/are working hard to overcome the situation. However I know from personal experience that in most cases parents don't want to either get involved or be bothered or more often it's "never" their kids fault...it's the teachers and we are the bad guys! I wonder what ever happened to the days when a teacher contacted a parent about a students behavior it was "handled" at home and the teacher was right. I know that when I was in school and a teacher called my mom I was going to be in major hot water when I got home.

I can't comment here on why things have turned sour lately at our school other than to say the school board will need to address those concerns.

Yes we have lost some great kids, we also "have" some great kids who get involved and care about their school. It always seems some of the bad apples get the attention.

To my follow teachers let's keep our heads up and a smile on our face and meet the challenge and vocation God has given us.

Thanks to teachers, our world is a much better place.

Quote Originally Posted by rpowell64 View Post
    I am a middle school and high school teacher at Ranger. There "are" many teachers, like myself, who work hard to educate our students. I often give up my weekends and many evenings to work with our kids outside the classroom in UIL events. I have been in the business for 12 years. I didn't go into this profession to get rich. I'm in it for the kids. So let's not blame teachers here. The unacceptable rating that Ranger Middle School received was two years ago. Last year the scores improved to acceptable. In fact only a few points from recognized. Ranger received a letter from the TEA that stated how impressed the score turn around was. Thanks no doubt to teachers working hard each day to getting kids on track.

Discipline is a problem at our school and both our principals have/are working hard to overcome the situation. However I know from personal experience that in most cases parents don't want to either get involved or be bothered or more often it's "never" their kids fault...it's the teachers and we are the bad guys! I wonder what ever happened to the days when a teacher contacted a parent about a students behavior it was "handled" at home and the teacher was right. I know that when I was in school and a teacher called my mom I was going to be in major hot water when I got home.

I can't comment here on why things have turned sour lately at our school other than to say the school board will need to address those concerns.

Yes we have lost some great kids, we also "have" some great kids who get involved and care about their school. It always seems some of the bad apples get the attention.

To my follow teachers let's keep our heads up and a smile on our face and meet the challenge and vocation God has given us.
    Great post and welcome to the spin!

Don`t know who you are but I`ll give you an A+....

I think we are going to see some backlash from losing the elem. principal. I have talked to many, many upset parents this weekend. The general concensus is that they were happy with the elementary but the high school is where the problem is. Some have even said that if the AD takes over the elementary they will take their kids out of Ranger.

I will agree with rp64 - the school board has some issues and concerns they need to address - and soon.

Smile Re: A sad day for Ranger ISD.

Keep up the good work. Hope there are more out there like you.

Just curious, how long have you taught at Ranger?

rpowell64, I like your attitude!

Fantastic post Mr. Powell. Too many parents want to blame the system and its tools instead of a little introspective and realizing the true problem. And to those parents that pull their children out of the elementary just because of a temporary assignment, all I can say is, your biting your nose off despite your face. We have a tremendous elementary school, it will continue to do well regardless of who is temporarily is in charge. Give the school a chance to find a new principal. It will take some time because you really don't want to pick the first one comes along without any backgrounds investigations.

It is sad to loose such a great principal, I think he is doing what he thinks is best for him and his family. Good luck Mr. T.
    Infinitus est numerus stultorum

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post

Thanks to teachers, our world is a much better place.
    I second that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.

You sound like the kind of teacher that loves his job and is doing his best to do it right, RPowell. Thank you !!
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." Winston Churchill

rp64,

I drove a school bus several years at Ranger. Many times I have had a parent tell me "My child wouldn't do -------" (whatever it was they got in trouble for).

One threatened to ride my bus with me if I didn't get my attitude right. I politely said "My bus leaves at 6:30am and 3:30pm, come right on."

I never had anyone take up that offer.

My 7 year old sometimes gets in trouble at school. I have told the teacher and the principle both that they needed to handle the problem there if they could, and if it took a couple of swats now and then to get her attention, then so be it. She has to know the teacher is the one in charge.

I was one that was told "If you get in trouble in school, you get in trouble at home" I knew better.

I think we have a lot of good students there. Don't know anything about problems in middle or high school because mine aren't there, but I hope any problems will be corrected.

Hang in there. You do sound like someone who cares.

Sorry, early, I didn't realize you hadn't heard. From all the talk around town I thought every one knew. I honestly did not know until Friday. I am just sick at the thought of him leaving. He is such a good guy, with a sweet wife, and great kids. He will be missed by the school system.

I know what you mean. How many principals do you see greeting the kids every morning as they get off the bus, taking an interest in them not only at school, but after school during sporting events, band, etc. I keep hearing of students that parents will be pulling out of school - that may be what the school needs to open their eyes!

I think the parents need to get together and stop what is happening. We shouldn't have to even consider removing our children from this school. We have a great set of teachers and good students. Can you imagine how wonderful our school could be if the elementary principal was the super. One could only dream!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by enquiringminds View Post
    I know what you mean. How many principals do you see greeting the kids every morning as they get off the bus, taking an interest in them not only at school, but after school during sporting events, band, etc. I keep hearing of students that parents will be pulling out of school - that may be what the school needs to open their eyes!
    If parents pull their kids out of Ranger schools, where will they go?
    Don't ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearldean View Post
    Santo??

Quote Originally Posted by Gearldean View Post
    Gorman, Eastland, Strawn, & Cisco. That is where many of them have already gone. Depending on where they live, they might also go to Breckenridge.

The sad part is, Ranger does have some great teachers, who truly do care about the kids and their education. However, often times their hands are tied by the principal, coaches, or the parents. My daughter attended Ranger HS from the beginning of 2nd grade until March of her senior year. At that time she was fed up with many issues. Some things that the AD said to her sealed her decission and she decided that she needed to get away from Ranger. She moved to a town in S. Texas (where my sister lives). This was a great move. I realized what we do not have in Ranger. Some of the problems becames glaringly obvious. Not all of those problems are the school. Many of them start with the parents. Parental involvement is a key. Many parents are super involved in elementary, however when their children get into JH or HS they step out of the picture. Band boosters struggle every year to find parents who are willing to come to meetings - let alone work in the concession stand. Athletic boosters pretty much ceased to exist years ago. I do not think they have had an athletic banquet in 5 or 6 years, there are one or two people who try to keep it going and they did not open their concession stand for the at least 3 years (do not know about this past season). Prom and Project Grad are the same way. A few parents get involved, usually the same ones who have been involved in all the other activities.

Yes the school has problems as well, mostly the JH and HS. Discipline is a major problem, starting with lack of consistancy. Professionalism amoung some of the teachers and staff is another area I have always found lacking. My daughter used to know way more than she should have ever known about what was happening between the principal or superintendant than she should have known. This was in part due to the fact that the teachers would gossip with one another in front of the students.

As for spending money wisely - I believe that there is a tour bus that was purchased and can not be used because it was not reliable. They have tried to sell it but last I heard had not been successful. There are other areas where I believe that the spending has not been real rational.

I can not complain one bit about the education that my daughter recieved in elementary, I would do that over again. However if I just had a chance to revisit the past I would have allowed her to attend elsewhere when she asked to.

Quote Originally Posted by wellspring View Post
    Gorman, Eastland, Strawn, & Cisco. That is where many of them have already gone. Depending on where they live, they might also go to Breckenridge.....
    How many students would those schools be able to accommodate? When Mally wanted to move her kids to the Eastland schools, Eastland could only take a couple of them the first year.

Eastland took a family of 5 last spring, one more started in the fall, another one transfered a while back and I have heard that one of the boys who played football transferred also.
    Gorman has taken at least one recently and I know for a fact that almost all of the elementary classes have room for more. (with the exception maybe of pre-k -- not sure about that class because it is pretty large already).
    I know Strawn took at least one last spring. They could probably take more also but am not sure of their actual numbers.

I guess what I am saying is that most of the schools around seem to be willing to take the ones who are leaving.

I need to follow my previous post with I am not in any way encouraging others to pull their child out of Ranger and move them.

I remember years ago when their was a change in principal, I knew someone who contemplated getting another job because she was upset about the previous principal leaving. Again when that principal was promoted to super and they hired another she thought about it. It turns out that she was glad she did not because both principals ended up being as good as the previous one - just different. Now you never know next year might bring another great principal so consider being patient and wait to see what happens.

My frustration on the JH and HS level went far beyond the principal, it encompased the whole school and my daugthers personality. In the end I can see that I should have moved her for her sake - but I have known many kids who have graduated from RISD in recent years and they are doing great. My daugther played her own role in her troubles, but I should have seen the whole picture sooner than I did. I have never been one to say --"Not my child". I Love her but know her too well to say that.

I think the parents need to get together and stop what is happening. We shouldn't have to even consider removing our children from this school. We have a great set of teachers and good students. Can you imagine how wonderful our school could be if the elementary principal was the super. One could only dream!!!!!

Do you have any plans to unite the parents? I would like to know what is in the works.

well i know i am thinking about moving my children the jr and hs school has choaches teaching classes and and not staying in the class rooms and now thay want to be the elementary principal i dont think so dont we all remember the things that went on last year the kids getting drunk in calss and i still to this day dont think that was handled the right way and kids sleeping in class i just dont think we need coach as a principal the school board needs to rethink this i will miss mr t and his family he is the best principal ranger has ever had

Well...this is just rumor...but I am hearing...that things like the coaches etc. have taken school vehicals....and go into a different state to go to casinos and gamble.

Some of these problems were going on (teachers who are pets to the principals etc...not having to stay in the class room and teach etc.) when we were over there....some of these things were things I tried to address with the school board....BUT...no one wanted to hear about problems and fixing them....they just viewed me as bashing the school...and missed that I really just wanted to make it better for ALL our kids.
    Profit" is a dirty word only to the leeches of the world. They want it seen as evil, so they can more easily snatch what they did not earn." -Victor

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mally View Post
    Well...this is just rumor...but I am hearing...that things like the coaches etc. have taken school vehicals....and go into a different state to go to casinos and gamble.

Some of these problems were going on (teachers who are pets to the principals etc...not having to stay in the class room and teach etc.) when we were over there....some of these things were things I tried to address with the school board....BUT...no one wanted to hear about problems and fixing them....they just viewed me as bashing the school...and missed that I really just wanted to make it better for ALL our kids.
    One school at a time Mally, one at a time!!

Quote Originally Posted by pesttrapper View Post
    One school at a time Mally, one at a time!!
    roflol....oh....I was just curious about the gambling bit.

You need to get your facts straight. This did Not happen.

roflol....oh....I was just curious about the gambling bit.
    NOT TRUE !
    !!!!!!NUNU LOVES HER KIMI!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmom44 View Post
    you need to get your facts straight! Look at mally's post. It says "Well...this is just rumor" No facts were introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmom44 View Post
    Help me straighten out the facts....what are they?

Why would the parents of Ranger think this? Did they just pull this idea out of the air?

I know nothing about the Ranger school system, don't think I know any of the teachers and have only heard stories on the HS principal not being the best apple of the bunch, but that is not first hand knowledge. I will say that I feel so sorry for the little town of Ranger, it's just drying up. It never waqs huge, but as a child I can remember little family outings to go to some of the little stores over there and of course we would eat at Lilly's coffee pot. I go through there going to Ft. Worth from Breckenridge cause I'd rather drive the interstate and it's just almost a ghost town downtown now. I just think it's really sad and I wonder why it has come to that. Is it because there is no money in Ranger or has alot of people moved away? Does anyone know the TRUTH of the matter?? Are some of the faculty/staff at Ranger hired because no one else wants to work there or what??? I'm not being derragatory(sp), just wondering??
    Blah, Blah, Blah

well...it wasn't very smart on the coaches part to tell the kids they were going on a gambling trip....oh...I mean a training trip and then gambling.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Howdy37 View Post
    Who cares if the coaches went on a weekend gambling trip, who really cares if they took a school vehicle. .
    Are you serious??

Quote Originally Posted by Howdy37 View Post
    Who cares if the coaches went on a weekend gambling trip, who really cares if they took a school vehicle.
    I think that is against the law. And if I were paying school taxes in Ranger, I sure as heck wouldn't want to pay for some coaches to go have a good time. I wonder how much gas was put on the district's credit card.

This is all hypothetical because according to some it is not true.

Using school vehicles for personal use is strictly forbidden where I come from.

Did they have schools there?
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    Did they have schools there?

I don't get your remark? Was it supposed to be sarcastic?

I have been following Ranger football and basketball the last 15 years. In the last 10 years, the football made playoffs once, boys basketball twice, and girls basketball none. The boys playoff season ended each time after 1 game. Through these years, there have been 4 different head football coaches, 5 boy basketball coaches, and 3 girl basketball coaches. Each coach had very little success, so I do not see how the current coaches are going to ruin a program that has not been successful. With all of the coaching changes in Ranger and still having no success, there seems to be other problems besides the coaching. Through the years, the athletic program has never received the support from parents, but instead are told how their program should be better. Those of you who have bashed the athletic program for years should apply for the jobs. Over the last 10 years, you had many opportunities to show case your skills.

I am not seeing much on here about the athletic programs....

What I am seeing is about what is going on in the classrooms

Many of the ones talking about athletics were pulled because they were personal.

May have been personal but they only got personal when the children's education is at risk. TO me THAT is personal. BY the way, mine got pulled as well.
    [BS]Karen- no mystery here[/BS]

What children are at risk?

Quote Originally Posted by earlyup View Post
    May have been personal but they only got personal when the children's education is at risk. TO me THAT is personal. BY the way, mine got pulled as well.
    EDUCATION means that- education. How many more good ones have to leave because of intimidation & neglect in the class?

What is wrong with Ranger High School? My sister said two girls are in medical school, another young man is an engineer, and another girl is going to A&M to try and get in vet school. She is almost finished at Tarleton. She said all of these graduated in the last 3 or 4 years. Looks like these young people got a good education.

Thatme. I agree, in the past people have gotten a very good education. I have been here going on 5 years, I have seen a drastic change in the education level since we came & it is not for the better. We have teachers who are loosing thier pride & being intimidated by certain new comers that I fear we will loose a lot more.

Granted the principal has wanted the job in Lingelville for a long time. What is sad, he & his family were a blessing to this school system. Just the things I know, well, I am finished with this before. Enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerJJ View Post
    I don't get your remark? Was it supposed to be sarcastic?
    Dripping

Dripping

I don't get any of it.

Dripping
    ok

Is any local school still collecting Betty Crocker Box Tops for Education?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm back View Post
    Are some of the faculty/staff at Ranger hired because no one else wants to work there or what??? I'm not being derragatory(sp), just wondering??
    I don't know anything that is going on over there, but I've been trying for 14 years to get a teaching job in Ranger or anywhere in Eastland County...if they had openings, I sure didn't seeing them posted on the TASANET site or any site with teaching openings, so in answer to your question, I would love to work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    I don't know anything that is going on over there, but I've been trying for 14 years to get a teaching job in Ranger or anywhere in Eastland County...if they had openings, I sure didn't seeing them posted on the TASANET site or any site with teaching openings, so in answer to your question, I would love to work there.
    They should be honored to have you!

They should be honored to have you!

Wow!!! Thanks, Cy!

Quote Originally Posted by queen View Post
    well i know i am thinking about moving my children the jr and hs school has choaches teaching classes and and not staying in the class rooms and now thay want to be the elementary principal i dont think so dont we all remember the things that went on last year the kids getting drunk in calss and i still to this day dont think that was handled the right way and kids sleeping in class i just dont think we need coach as a principal the school board needs to rethink this i will miss mr t and his family he is the best principal ranger has ever had
    Most of the above is not true.
    The Gossip needs to STOP .
    The Teacher that left wanted to move on to a New School ,he was not happy with the one in Ranger .By the Way does anyone know how many School's this Principal has taught in his past???????
    I pray he will be happier in Santo.

Ranger ISD sucks. Most things in Ranger suck. Imback needs to move to Ranger.

Well I see the honeymoon is now over.

He is not going to Santo, he is going to Lingleville. I'm sure he will be happier because he is leaving the chaos that Ranger has become.

He is not going to Santo, he is going to Lingleville. I'm sure he will be happier because he is leaving the chaos that Ranger has become.
    Lingleville , Santo whatever like I said I hope he is Happy and I would still like to know his Teaching History in other School's

Water to Santo, teacher to Lingleville. Got it.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that they are all in confederacy against him." -- Johnathan Swift

Don't know about his past, but as far as his time here he has always done what was in the best interest for our kids. Lingleville is very lucky to have him. I wish the best for him and his family. He will be greatly missed by my kids for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    Water to Santo, teacher to Lingleville. Got it.
    Teacher to Lingleville don't understand .
    Water to Santo ( Dead News )

The best principal Ranger has had in years is leaving and going to Lingleville.

Elementary school principals are a dime a dozen. Most of these men and women are liked because they do a good job at the level which they work. The problems they handle are very minor. The problems you deal with in high schools and JH's as being principal are at a total different level. It is much tougher being in the secondary. These problems are not only in Ranger.

Well, I for one, would fork over a dime for this man to stay in Ranger. FYI - He is also the JH principal. So if you believe that these people (elementary principals) can handle only minor problems, then what does it say for our super, who was the last elementary principal.

Quote Originally Posted by lethebeatenbegin View Post
    You yanked that straight out of your arse didn't you. Can you tell me why I would need to move to Ranger.

He has been the jh in Ranger for 1 year. Maybe that was a little bit too much to handle. After all, he had been in Ranger as the elementary principal for several years. Odd that he is wanting to leave after 1 year of JH.

So far our two girls have enjoyed school at Ranger Elementary. The principle and I have had to visit a couple of times over my youngets girl, but I made sure he knew he could do what he felt was right to get her attention. Including swats if needed. So far I have no complaints with him. I certainly wish him the best in this move.

I don't have any kids in jr high or high school yet, so I am out of the loop as to what goes on there.

But I see reports of problems in schools regardless of whether they are in Ranger, Eastland, Gorman or wherever. Most problems revolve around discipline. (or more aptly the lack of discipline)

Parents any more don't want thier child disciplined at school, yet they expect to get them educated. They have a "don't touch my child" attitude, and the child knows it. But we don't want the alternative school or expulsions either, so how does one teach with little or no backing from the childs home?

I am sure there are teachers that don't quite measure up either and don't have respect for the students any more than the students have respect for the teacher, but who's fault is that? Ultimately ours as parents. If we teach our kids at home to respect the teachers, there is a better chance the teacher will respect the child.

A lot of what happens at school is a result of what we teach at home.

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    So far our two girls have enjoyed school at Ranger Elementary. The principle and I have had to visit a couple of times over my youngets girl, but I made sure he knew he could do what he felt was right to get her attention. Including swats if needed. So far I have no complaints with him. I certainly wish him the best in this move.

I don't have any kids in jr high or high school yet, so I am out of the loop as to what goes on there.

But I see reports of problems in schools regardless of whether they are in Ranger, Eastland, Gorman or wherever. Most problems revolve around discipline. (or more aptly the lack of discipline)

Parents any more don't want thier child disciplined at school, yet they expect to get them educated. They have a "don't touch my child" attitude, and the child knows it. But we don't want the alternative school or expulsions either, so how does one teach with little or no backing from the childs home?

I am sure there are teachers that don't quite measure up either and don't have respect for the students any more than the students have respect for the teacher, but who's fault is that? Ultimately ours as parents. If we teach our kids at home to respect the teachers, there is a better chance the teacher will respect the child.

You need to post this on the school board meeting thread......... very good post and very true!!

Oh...she is 2Shy.

Quote Originally Posted by Percolator4U View Post
    Oh...she is 2Shy.
    R u referring to me being 2shy???? Interesting.........

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post

A+ I agree 100% with you .

As a student who is learning to educate, I sit on the teacher's side of the desk a lot.

What pianoman says is true. Not all teachers are wonderful teachers. But not all students are wonderful students.

If parents aren't teaching them good values and discipline at home how is a teacher supposed to teach?

Teachers aren't paid enough to raise the kids for their parents!

Sounds to me like someone that had a falling out with Ranger ISD, is trying to spread rumors!!
    Proud Wife Of A United States Marine!!

Quote Originally Posted by iminlalaland View Post
    As a student who is learning to educate, I sit on the teacher's side of the desk a lot.

What pianoman says is true. Not all teachers are wonderful teachers. But not all students are wonderful students.

If parents aren't teaching them good values and discipline at home how is a teacher supposed to teach?

Teachers aren't paid enough to raise the kids for their parents!
    I agree once again .
    I Sub at times and I see it all .
    Yes there are so many Good Students in Ranger that out number the Bad ones and you are right there are Teachers that should never step foot inside a School and I am sure there are as many in Eastland and Cisco .

Quote Originally Posted by shayart View Post
    Sounds to me like someone that had a falling out with Ranger ISD, is trying to spread rumors!!
    I hope you aren't talking about me, because I've never stepped foot in an RISD facility!

I hope you aren't talking about me, because I've never stepped foot in an RISD facility!
    Don't be so defensive.

Naw...she was talking bout me lol.

I was the one that said something bout rumors

At one time I heard that the police walked through the Ranger high school everyday. Is that truth or rumor?? I'm assuming they were trying to find drugs, but there again I don't know the whole story. I was just curious. I really didn't know that Ranger had very many policemen on their squad to send one to the school every single day Perhaps some of your Ranger folks can give the truth of the story.

lol....trying to keep me from being the only one talking bout rumors?

Thought some of your family lived in Ranger???????? Not very nice of you now is it to talk about your own family like that. I'm just thankful I'm not on drugs, on probation or running from the law................