Thread: Starting of school

Smile Starting of school

school start tommorrow so let's be extra careful out there. We have lots of precious cargo we will be carrying in our cars and buses.

Re: Starting of school

Don't forget the new 4 way stop signs on Plummer and Madera Streets.
    My imaginary friend thinks you have some serious problems.

New law ....$200 fine for talking on cell phone in a school zone while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by JET View Post
    I saw they have a sign on West Plummer near South Oak Street about that.

Quote Originally Posted by keeblersdad View Post
    Don't forget the new 4 way stop signs on Plummer and Madera Streets.

So glad you posted this. I don't live too far from this new 4 way stop and it can become very dangerous. I have witnessed that some cars do not even slow down at this stop so please be careful. Lots of kids being driven to school.

Quote Originally Posted by JET View Post

I wish Texas would pass a state law banning all cell phone use if you are driving!

I was at school this morning (siebert) and looks like eveything was running smoothly. All the kids were excited, and some of the moms were crying...I remember that day like it was yesterday. I can't believe its been 22 years since i dropped my son off for his first day of school....geez

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    I was at school this morning (siebert) and looks like eveything was running smoothly. All the kids were excited, and some of the moms were crying...I remember that day like it was yesterday. I can't believe its been 22 years since i dropped my son off for his first day of school....geez
    Crying? Hopefully not in front of their kids. That's not fair to the kid to make them think there is something sad about them growing up and taking another tiny step towards independence.

My kid was dropping his kid off for the first day of school today. Does seem like yesterday that I was dropping him off.

Quote Originally Posted by mamasuebee View Post
    I wish Texas would pass a state law banning all cell phone use if you are driving!
    Maybe all use of cell phones except hands free? I think I'm a safer driver while talking to someone than I am when sleeping. I do like the robot ear (as I call it)... hands free to drive and still able to hold a conversation on the phone. I don't see any difference in talking to someone on the phone and talking to someone in the car. I'm guessing every person pulling into the elementary parking lot is talking to someone in their vehicle.

My kids have been in school here since August 1st, and they are really bummed because they had to start so early this year, while many of their friends started school today there in Eastland. However, we have already had our first "bad weather" day today. Because of the rains from Tropical Storm Fay, a lot of the dirt roads have been washed away so they cancelled school today!! CRAZY LOL The reason for the schools starting earlier this year though is because they will have more Holidays & teacher work days than y'all will so they will still get out the same time y'all do, just more days in between that they will get to be out!
    Quit wondering HOW God is going to do it, just TRUST that it has ALREADY been done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrschristian View Post
    My kids have been in school here since August 1st, and they are really bummed because they had to start so early this year, while many of their friends started school today there in Eastland. However, we have already had our first "bad weather" day today. Because of the rains from Tropical Storm Fay, a lot of the dirt roads have been washed away so they cancelled school today!! CRAZY LOL The reason for the schools starting earlier this year though is because they will have more Holidays & teacher work days than y'all will so they will still get out the same time y'all do, just more days in between that they will get to be out!
    where do your kids go to school?

I think she moved to Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post

My kid was dropping his kid off for the first day of school today. Does seem like yesterday that I was dropping him off.
    i thought you had more than one grandchild....
    Be sure to smile on the days gone by.

Quote Originally Posted by ihy49 View Post
    i thought you had more than one grandchild....
    They didn't all start their first day of kindergarten today. One is an old pro at school now, the other starts kindergarten next year.

My middle child started kindergarten today and it about killed little Ace. He was so use to having her for half a day. The oldest started 3rd grade today! Oh it was so hard on me!!! I tried so hard not to cry, but once we left both girls in their classes and got to the car, Ace asked me where the girls were and I just started crying! Neither one of us knew what to do without the girls today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    where do your kids go to school?
    As Keebler said we did move to Georgia. School here is still out due to the washed out roads & thanks to what used to be Tropical Storm Fay, it looks like it has turned around and is heading this way!! I was at the dr's office today and they said school will probably be out all week!!!!
    I mean I love my kids, but comeon now...ha ha ha