Thread: Poor Service With A Pout!

Poor Service With A Pout!

Ok...maybe it is just me...but the service at many of our drive-in fast food eateries is getting worse and worse...Had a mikshake for lunch today...could not order from the speaker, the girl was kept repeating the wrong order back to us over and over and over...pulled up to place our order and waited 15 minutes for her to come to the window...she took the order, pouting the whole time...took our money...and then we watched her wander back and forth from the fry window to the drink counter without doing one single task...finally, when an order was ready, she took it to the customer at the counter, then made our drinks...This was not during rush hour, we counted four cars in the parking lot and four employees in the store...Between the long wait, and the attitude, I should have pulled away and gone elsewhere, but, I found this same kind of thing everywhere we go...It would have made sense if I had been bitchy, but I was really nice...
    I could complain to the management, but doubt that would do any good...the manager was right there with her employees and pretty much adopting the same attitude...Am I just getting old, or is there really no such thing as good service any more...at least a smile...Oh, and before you tell me how much they are not making...well, they knew that when they took the job, and after their first pay check...and if they have personal problems that are causing work problems...then stay home and work them out, or leave them at the door...Maybe I am just getting old and expecting too much...
    "The enclosed comments do not reflect the opinions of the staff, owners or advertisiers of any business establishment JoHo works for, has worked for, will work for or is considering working for, or has ever been considered as potentitally working for..."

Re: Poor Service With A Pout!

Dq!

Go any evening to McDonalds . Kids need supervision.
    Husband ran in and picked up a sandwich at the Subway in Eastland and a teen was visiting with friend and not tending to business. It is the same all over. They just must have the strong adult supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by JoHo View Post
    Ok...maybe it is just me...but the service at many of our drive-in fast food eateries is getting worse and worse...Had a mikshake for lunch today...could not order from the speaker, the girl was kept repeating the wrong order back to us over and over and over...pulled up to place our order and waited 15 minutes for her to come to the window...she took the order, pouting the whole time...took our money...and then we watched her wander back and forth from the fry window to the drink counter without doing one single task...finally, when an order was ready, she took it to the customer at the counter, then made our drinks...This was not during rush hour, we counted four cars in the parking lot and four employees in the store...Between the long wait, and the attitude, I should have pulled away and gone elsewhere, but, I found this same kind of thing everywhere we go...It would have made sense if I had been bitchy, but I was really nice...
    I could complain to the management, but doubt that would do any good...the manager was right there with her employees and pretty much adopting the same attitude...Am I just getting old, or is there really no such thing as good service any more...at least a smile...Oh, and before you tell me how much they are not making...well, they knew that when they took the job, and after their first pay check...and if they have personal problems that are causing work problems...then stay home and work them out, or leave them at the door...Maybe I am just getting old and expecting too much...
    I have worked at McDonalds many years before Eastland, Moved here went to work and could not belive this place. It is so unMcdonalds..lol
    and as far as pay the pay here does suck but thier are ways to make more
    Like having fast drive-thru times and making 100 on your insepction
    boosting up sale and things like that.
    But you must have managers that care and like the work that they do

Shoot...I've been eating so much chicken lately...my stomach ain't used to beef, or beefalikes! Get excellent service at Chicken Express...the only complaint I have is the damn intersection trying to get back out into traffic. Maybe I'm just a hic and need a few lessons..but it seems to me that from the Wal-mart light, eastward, it's DRIVE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    Until next time, this is "Crash" signing off!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysRadio View Post
    Shoot...I've been eating so much chicken lately...my stomach ain't used to beef, or beefalikes! Get excellent service at Chicken Express...the only complaint I have is the damn intersection trying to get back out into traffic. Maybe I'm just a hic and need a few lessons..but it seems to me that from the Wal-mart light, eastward, it's DRIVE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    I love Chicken Express, Sonic, Louises and Ramonas. Two are not fast food though but I love them anyway.
    Have you kissed your dog today?

never heard of ramonas, wheres that and what kind of food?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
    never heard of ramonas, wheres that and what kind of food?
    OH MAN!!!! It is the best Mexican food in town. It is all homemade and also also affordable!!! It is caddiecorner from the truck stop. Next to Rubens Station. Ask Lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by Docmom View Post
    OH MAN!!!! It is the best Mexican food in town. It is all homemade and also also affordable!!! It is caddiecorner from the truck stop. Next to Rubens Station. Ask Lamb.
    Sorry...I vote Rico's to be the best Mexican food...I thought Ramona's was closed down...

I live in Stephenville and it is the same here. I was a waitress for 7 years....granted that is not fast food but, I learned a lot about customer service. AND, how good customer service helps make more money.

The way I see it, if they don't want to be there working, then they don't have to or need to be. If they have personal stuff going on, like JoHo said, leave it at the door. Coworkers probably have problems of their own first off, and don't want to work with someone who brings their problems to work all the time. Next, customers have no clue what is going on in the lives of the people who work behind the counter or drive thru window. All customers care about is buying food and eating it and top it off with nice, friendly service.

Last Tuesday I went to McDonald's about nineish in the morning with a friend to get sausage mcgriddles... We sat around and visited for about ten minutes then the same girl that took our order came up to us and told us they were out of sausage McGriddle
    I went back to the counter and stood there and comtemplated if I wanted my money back or if I wanted something else...
    The manager on call came over and told us we could have whatever we wanted... He was extremely extremely nice...
    He gave the entire resturante extra hashbrowns... Gave us Apple Pies... then I heard him when he went behind the counter tell the girls if they messed up again tomorrow morning that he'd dock their pay or hours or something like that..
    I was impressed

I worked for Lilly in Ranger for years when I was going to college...it was always busy and of course the work was hard and you were on your feet the whole time...but we smiled, we welcomed our customers and got their orders in and out as fast as we could...if something was wrong, we made it right and saying I made a mistake to the customer was considered honesty instead of a weakness...
    One of the things that is so prevelant, is the attitude I often recieve that says:You should be glad I even showed up at work today, just so you could get treated like this and I could take your money...
    Customer service seems to be a dying art....

Sorry...I vote Rico's to be the best Mexican food...I thought Ramona's was closed down...

I also like my mexican food I prepare best......lol
    It's Obama's fault!

i also went out to dq the other day for a milkshake love them from there alwaysget a large and it always comes out the hole in lid when it is put on well this one was half full ask why and was told their machie wouldnt reach the bottom of cup she grabbed it put another spoon full in and handed it back.it sure wasnt worth almost 4.00 will not go back. sorry witchflower it wasnt you.

Nope, she has had some past health problems but she is open Weekdays at noon and in the evening. Closed Weekends excluding Friday when she is oopen. She is the greatest and very reasonable. Love her Nachos. I dream of her food.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyDog View Post
    Last Tuesday I went to McDonald's about nineish in the morning with a friend to get sausage mcgriddles... We sat around and visited for about ten minutes then the same girl that took our order came up to us and told us they were out of sausage McGriddle
    I went back to the counter and stood there and comtemplated if I wanted my money back or if I wanted something else...
    The manager on call came over and told us we could have whatever we wanted... He was extremely extremely nice...
    He gave the entire resturante extra hashbrowns... Gave us Apple Pies... then I heard him when he went behind the counter tell the girls if they messed up again tomorrow morning that he'd dock their pay or hours or something like that..
    I was impressed
    1- why did it take 10 min to see there was no Mcgriddle?
    2-how could they be out of the #3 sandwich of breakfast
    3 do not repermand in front of customers(thats why they cant keep help)
    4 noone can dock pay and noone can mess with your time
    5 if he was a good manager he would have known they were out before his crew sold them
    But I am glad they made you happy c.s is alot

Quote Originally Posted by candra5 View Post
    i also went out to dq the other day for a milkshake love them from there alwaysget a large and it always comes out the hole in lid when it is put on well this one was half full ask why and was told their machie wouldnt reach the bottom of cup she grabbed it put another spoon full in and handed it back.it sure wasnt worth almost 4.00 will not go back. sorry witchflower it wasnt you.
    Thanks. I know I would of tryed to do it right,not saying I always do but I TRY.

I am less critical of kids working at fast food places, especially the drive thru. My "poor" daughter worked at McDonalds in Abilene, and her first time at the drive thru, she had a panic attack. I try to avoid drive thru's as much as possible though. It's healthier for me in more ways than one.

sorry she was old enough to be pg in my books thats not a kid. and i did not get mean with her just took my half a drink and left i waited tables to many years to miss treat any of them.

What I don't understand is why some places won't give you what you order. Hubby and I love DQ's ice cream, as can be seen in our large bottoms, lol...anyhow, I like a cup of their ice cream, so I order a blizzard with nothing in it, just plain...that way I get the ice cream I want. Some of the DQ's don't know what to charge me...I just tell them to charge me for a blizzard. I don't mind paying for it, I just want the ice cream without all the candy and stuff in it. One DQ brought me one of those little bitty cups of ice cream and told me that they couldn't sell it the way I wanted it. Seems if I am willing to pay for it, I should be able to have what I want. The same thing happen in Abilene at a Sonic...they refused to sell me the ice cream. Can anyone explain that one to me please...?
    A good rule for talking is one used in measuring flour; sift first.

Quote Originally Posted by whitsel View Post
    What I don't understand is why some places won't give you what you order. Hubby and I love DQ's ice cream, as can be seen in our large bottoms, lol...anyhow, I like a cup of their ice cream, so I order a blizzard with nothing in it, just plain...that way I get the ice cream I want. Some of the DQ's don't know what to charge me...I just tell them to charge me for a blizzard. I don't mind paying for it, I just want the ice cream without all the candy and stuff in it. One DQ brought me one of those little bitty cups of ice cream and told me that they couldn't sell it the way I wanted it. Seems if I am willing to pay for it, I should be able to have what I want. The same thing happen in Abilene at a Sonic...they refused to sell me the ice cream. Can anyone explain that one to me please...?
    Poor management is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by whitsel View Post
    One DQ brought me one of those little bitty cups of ice cream and told me that they couldn't sell it the way I wanted it.
    Seems if I am willing to pay for it, I should be able to have what I want.
    That is 6 dollar an hour hired help that is not worth 3 dollars. Not every one out there is worth minimum wage.
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

When I worked ad McD as a teen, we weren't allowed to sell anything that wasn't on the menu because then it wouldn't be an official McD product. That may be what went on at the DQ, but when I worked at Ranger DQ a long time ago, we were told to make anything the customer wanted.

I ordered a resses cup blizard and got home with a butterfinger blizard?????
    had my heart set on that resses
    God answers knee mail

Quote Originally Posted by I SPIN View Post
    I ordered a resses cup blizard and got home with a butterfinger blizard?????
    had my heart set on that resses
    Meh, they did you a favor.

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

ok im goin tot ry and make this fast, went and ordered a banana split the other day, got to work put it in the freezer, and went and did my checks real fast. i got to work at 945, and then sat down to eat my banana split, and noticed NO BANANAS lol no biggy, so i called and was like hey i just ordered this and just wanted to let ya know theres no banana in it, no big deal, but wanted to make sure that someone else didnt get one and then make a big deal outta it. wellll then the lady said awwwwwww im sorry, well we can put ur name on a list, and i told her that was ok no biggy just wanted to let them know, she then got an attitude, and said uhhhhh ur just now figuring this out, that was like 30 minutes ago u ordered that.. and i said excuse me???? would it matter if it was 5 mintues ago or 30 it still has no banana!!!!, plus i got to work and blah blah blah, well she then just kinda rude, and acted as if it were my fault. this seems to happen alot in this town, rude people and people who act as if takin ur order and bringin it to u will kill them. Chickn Ex, has always been great tho i do agree there, as for the others, it just depends. I know sonic has several very rude teenagers and i dread goin there bc they act as if u ruined their life when u go thru the drive thru lol.
    Don't go around sayin the world owes you a living, the world owes you nothing it was here first!-Mark Twain

Okay, I have to say, although I am not much of a fast food person nor is my family, I have known people who work at several places or have worked at many of the places around town and must admit that customer service is a very hard job to hold. People do come in with attitudes, management comes in with attitudes & the employees are suppose to just enjoy it. I have known young people who have been spoken to like a dog at a couple of these places & this should never be tolerated. How do young people get good training when the older generation takes their tips, shorts their hours when payday comes around, treats them rude & expects them to do the work as the fat cat sits back & brings in the dough? Young people learn what they live.

Quote Originally Posted by earlyup View Post
    Okay, I have to say, although I am not much of a fast food person nor is my family, I have known people who work at several places or have worked at many of the places around town and must admit that customer service is a very hard job to hold. People do come in with attitudes, management comes in with attitudes & the employees are suppose to just enjoy it. I have known young people who have been spoken to like a dog at a couple of these places & this should never be tolerated. How do young people get good training when the older generation takes their tips, shorts their hours when payday comes around, treats them rude & expects them to do the work as the fat cat sits back & brings in the dough? Young people learn what they live.
    I was a Sonic girl in Oklahoma, and worked pizza joints as a teen...I smiled and was polite and 99 per cent of the people were just as nice to me...Egg showed me how to keep my own hours on a calander at home, and reminded me that any honest job was something to be proud of...I never got shorted on hours and if somone had taken my tips, they would have pulled back a fingerless hand...Mngt. could be a**h*les, but I learned early to do my job and stand up for myself...If they tried to run over me, I let them know I was doing the job to the best of my ability and if it wasn't good enough, I wasn't the person they wanted in the first place...Never got fired for that, and was treated decently...if everyone would teach their kids how to act and react on the job, customer service would be better for everyone...If the job is that bad, start looking elsewhere and give notice if you can...Most important, don't take it out on the customer, they didn't hire you and they don't make the rules...We are raising a bunch of people who think they are too good to work certain positions and are as weak as water when it comes to standing up for themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by tltrlica View Post
    1- why did it take 10 min to see there was no Mcgriddle?
    2-how could they be out of the #3 sandwich of breakfast
    3 do not repermand in front of customers(thats why they cant keep help)
    4 noone can dock pay and noone can mess with your time
    5 if he was a good manager he would have known they were out before his crew sold them
    But I am glad they made you happy c.s is alot
    Hun, They sure as hell can... When they make the new schedule they don't put your sorry ass on it... or tell you not to come in the next day

Quote Originally Posted by candra5 View Post
    You shouldn't have left the window with a half full anything... Or gave it back to them and demanded your money.... I woulda made a stink

Quote Originally Posted by earlyup View Post

Have you been to Taco Casa in the ville? That is EXACTLY how that manager is. I love going there but she is rude and yells at the employees ALL the time. I have tried to call and complain but I can't get a hold of the owner of this store. Just get that hateful ol manager everytime. she knows who I am by now.

Quote Originally Posted by shortysisd View Post
    Have you been to Taco Casa in the ville? That is EXACTLY how that manager is. I love going there but she is rude and yells at the employees ALL the time. I have tried to call and complain but I can't get a hold of the owner of this store. Just get that hateful ol manager everytime. she knows who I am by now.
    Well...put yourself in her shoes...after all...she is the MANAGER of TACO CASA...

Well, you do have a point there JoHo

Let's not be too hard on the ones that end up raising everyone else's little spoilt turds.

And there are those who are great at there job ,it is not fair to label them all as bad, because for the most part the ones that get it right have to listen to the complaints about where they work, just like life ....some are cherries and some are nuts ,(pun for the banana split)LOL

Quote Originally Posted by I SPIN View Post
    And there are those who are great at there job ,it is not fair to label them all as bad, because for the most part the ones that get it right have to listen to the complaints about where they work, just like life ....some are cherries and some are nuts ,(pun for the banana split)LOL
    I want to be the Banana!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Docmom View Post
    I want to be the Banana!!!

I think you're more fit to be the nuts!! LOL!!
    Nobody is somebody without someones help!

Most of these places you people are mentioning employ mostly kids. You're complaining about the lackluster service these young adults are providing.
    The parents of these children have failed the community. haha

Quote Originally Posted by gfy_goofy View Post
    Most of these places you people are mentioning employ mostly kids. You're complaining about the lackluster service these young adults are providing.
    The parents of these children have failed the community. haha
    ALmost everyone I know of started working when they were kids...and pretty soon you get with the program or get fired...I really think we have spoiled our kids and told them that they are little gifts to the world so much that they have warped attitudes of how the rest of us see them...

This is not just happening in Easltand it is happening everywhere and in just about every business. Its a generation problem most of these kids have been raised in a world where almost everything has been handed to them and they have never had to work to get it. There are kids in elementry school with cell phones tell me of someone you know who doesnt have one. They have computers gaminng systems like xbox, wii, playstations and so many more. They have grown up in a technological advanced age where what they want they can get with the touch of a button or phone line. With all this going on where do they learn a good work ethic or good values? When I was growing up my parents made me pay for everything I wanted, not cause they couldnt afford it but because they were raised that if you wanted something that you needed to earn it. That way you would appreciate it and take care of it better. I am an employer and finding good help is very hard to do especially when some of these kids dont know what customer service is. It is easy to put the blam on the managers or the owners or the employees but you have to remember in these changing times eventually we as companies and people have to change and learn to adapt to maintain the same morals, values, and customer satisfaction that needs to be maintained. The generation of today is running the workforce and it is up to the employers to find a way to motivate and train them.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus1643 View Post
    This is not just happening in Easltand it is happening everywhere and in just about every business. Its a generation problem most of these kids have been raised in a world where almost everything has been handed to them and they have never had to work to get it. There are kids in elementry school with cell phones tell me of someone you know who doesnt have one. They have computers gaminng systems like xbox, wii, playstations and so many more. They have grown up in a technological advanced age where what they want they can get with the touch of a button or phone line. With all this going on where do they learn a good work ethic or good values? When I was growing up my parents made me pay for everything I wanted, not cause they couldnt afford it but because they were raised that if you wanted something that you needed to earn it. That way you would appreciate it and take care of it better. I am an employer and finding good help is very hard to do especially when some of these kids dont know what customer service is. It is easy to put the blam on the managers or the owners or the employees but you have to remember in these changing times eventually we as companies and people have to change and learn to adapt to maintain the same morals, values, and customer satisfaction that needs to be maintained. The generation of today is running the workforce and it is up to the employers to find a way to motivate and train them.
    I started working at 13, and bought my own school clothes every year after that...it was a pride thing...and I valued the jobs I could get...and some were just terrible...Still, you took it on the chin until you could find better...all my children work, except Sonny who is mentally ill, and he was a hard worker before he got sick...I figure with the economy being so tough and jobs harder to find and keep, the lessons of what it takes to keep a paycheck are going to be hard learned by a lot of people...

JoHo please tell the spin I did pay the bills and I did clean under your BED ( remember ).
    !!!!!!NUNU LOVES HER KIMI!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eggbeater View Post
    JoHo please tell the spin I did pay the bills and I did clean under your BED ( remember ).
    I heard Henry does that all now.

Oink oink oink oink oink!