Thread: Spin Swim Soiree '09

Spin Swim Soiree '09

The Spin is once again hosting a FREE swim and get together for all Spinsters, their family and friends. Your friends and family don't have to be Spinsters.. we'll recruit them at the gathering.. The date is June 27 at the Eastland pool from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm.

If you think you might be going to the event, please post how many will be in your group. I need a ballpark head count to figure out how big of a crowd to pay for.

No one has to give their screen name at the gathering.. you can just show up and meet others who enjoy the Spin and may or may not tell you who they are on the board.

Re: Spin Swim Soiree '09

im hoping that we family of 6 might get to come this year.

Oh, I am glad there will be a swim party this year....I enjoyed going year before last...

I hope to be there......
    "I Choose Joy."

Quote Originally Posted by Texanna View Post
    Oh, I am glad there will be a swim party this year....I enjoyed going year before last...

I hope to be there......
    What happened to last year? I know where I twas at.

if everthng goes ok with chemo my family will be 3 of us we love the get together with everyone thats so much fun.

count me in for 3

Im new to town and dont know ANYONE, so I might come with my son. Sounds like fun

Hopefully I will be there.

Probably be 3 of us...I want to help you with the food...let me know..
    We may not all see eye to eye -- but we can walk arm in arm.

I will try to be there also and would like to help with the food even if I am not there. Will make potato salad, cake, cole slaw, cookies, or what ever you need.

Anyone wanting to bring some goodies can just list what they want to bring right here. That way everyone can see what's already being brought.

I would like to come, with my husband and two kiddos...... What kinds of foods are everyone bringing? That way I will know what to bring......

Me and youngmomma plus 2 kids will try to come.

my husband and I will try to come, maybe 4 kids not sure if they will be going to granny's or not yet.. will let you know...
    I LOL alot, if you don't like this then maybe, just a friendly suggestion, you might try LOLing a little bit more

Hey Julie and George...Just a suggestion here...Do you want several of us to make sandwiches and then have chips, dips, cookies and drinks? Just let us know and I bet we can get it done...

Quote Originally Posted by Sue B. View Post
    Hey Julie and George...Just a suggestion here...Do you want several of us to make sandwiches and then have chips, dips, cookies and drinks? Just let us know and I bet we can get it done...
    Bringing sandwiches would be great. Just do whatever you want. I'm gonna bring a bunch of soft drinks.

How many do you think we need to plan on?..Last year not many showed up, sure hope we have a larger crowd this year..It's fun to get together and put faces with names..not that they have to reveal who they are, just makes it more fun!!

If a couple or 3 people would make up a dozen sandwiches and then 1/2 them, I think that would be a good start. I think I will make up some pb&j sandwiches for the kiddos.. and for me. lol

I know there will be 3 of us, for sure, that will be making sandwiches..We might make a few extra just to be on the safe side.. How about plates, cups, napkins, tables, chips, cookies?

Would you like me to make a Sam's run and get any of the above ?

Julie
    The Centre for the Arts has a pop up gazebo if you might want to use it for some shade. I have not been by the pool this year but understand more trees have gone to firewood....

no shade trees inside pool area

Count on us Julie for 5. Looking forward to it. I will bring sandwiches as well...and some cookies or something for desert.
    Profit" is a dirty word only to the leeches of the world. They want it seen as evil, so they can more easily snatch what they did not earn." -Victor

Quote Originally Posted by blee View Post
    no shade trees inside pool area
    What happened to the trees?

Quote Originally Posted by curious_george View Post
    What happened to the trees?
    They died. I noticed it last year. Many had been cut down and others had big dead areas on them where you knew it was just a matter of time. I wonder what killed them. Could it be chemicals from the pool? Were roots damaged when they did the construction up there? What was it? They created such wonderful shade. I haven't been up there this year to see that none are left. That's really sad.

me and family will be there.. there are five of us.. cant wait
    BMARIE

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    They died. I noticed it last year. Many had been cut down and others had big dead areas on them where you knew it was just a matter of time. I wonder what killed them. Could it be chemicals from the pool? Were roots damaged when they did the construction up there? What was it? They created such wonderful shade. I haven't been up there this year to see that none are left. That's really sad.
    When the new pool was put in, the ground level around the trees was raised and this killed them slowly. You should never raise the dirt around a tree higher than the ball of that tree. The ball being the wide point of a tree at it's base.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    The ball being the wide point of a tree at it's base.
    good to know
    Be sure to smile on the days gone by.

Quote Originally Posted by ihy49 View Post
    good to know
    Would have been nice if someone knew that when they were landscaping and planning the elevation level of the pool. I guess they could stick some other 50 year old trees there and they would have shade again.

the date conflicts with a family reunion... have fun everyone!

3 for me

Will try to come - 3 of us.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Looks like a pretty good turn out. Gives me an idea on how many to reserve the pool for. Since it looks like more than 50 are coming, I'll be reserving for 99, so any of you people who don't know for sure if you can come, but find out at the last minute that you can make it.. come on out.

Now about the food... I'm making some pb&j sandwiches and will bring some soft drinks. Desserts are always good so if anyone wants to bring a dessert, chips, dip, etc... that will be great. I have plenty of plastic knives/forks/spoons, but if someone wants to bring paper plates, that would be great.

Looks like a pretty good turn out. Gives me an idea on how many to reserve the pool for. Since it looks like more than 50 are coming, I'll be reserving for 99, so any of you people who don't know for sure if you can come, but find out at the last minute that you can make it.. come on out.

Now about the food... I'm making some pb&j sandwiches and will bring some soft drinks. Desserts are always good so if anyone wants to bring a dessert, chips, dip, etc... that will be great. I have plenty of plastic knives/forks/spoons, but if someone wants to bring paper plates, that would be great.

I will bring sandwiches, chips and cookies...do you need me to bring a long table? Oh, yeah..I can bring some paper plates..

Quote Originally Posted by Sue B. View Post
    I will bring sandwiches, chips and cookies...do you need me to bring a long table? Oh, yeah..I can bring some paper plates..
    I've got tables available and I will pick them up and get them to the event.

i will try to be there count me in for 5 will bring so kind of desert k

Julie
    The Centre for the Arts has a pop up gazebo if you might want to use it for some shade. I have not been by the pool this year but understand more trees have gone to firewood....
    Just to let everyone know.. we are taking TexasT up on his offer. Wouldn't want anyone to stay away for lack of shade.

I want to play!! x 2 for me
    God answers knee mail

Count on two from my household.

Can not wait til Sat!!
    Start the day with a blowout yard sale...and finish it off with the Swim Soiree. Like living in Beverly Hills.
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

I will be there...so, at least 4
    Talent is God given, Be humble. Fame is man-given, Be grateful. Conceit is self-given, Be careful.”

I will try to go...just one 'cause that's how I roll, yo!
    "Let me give you a kiss for it is all I know to do."

I went and looked at the pool area yesterday and saw that the tables there are made so you can add those umbrellas to them. I have two of those 9' umbrellas I will bring for a couple of the tables. There are 5 tables in all if anyone else has one they would like to bring up for added shade. If anyone has another one of those pop up gazebos, one more would be real nice. We could put the food tables under one and use the other for lawn seating. Oh yeah, and it sure doesn't hurt to bring your own lawn chair.

Julie, count us in on 8. I also have an umbrella, have to figure how to get it there. I will work on that.

SUE B. - I can't find a smiley that is sticking out it's tongue so this is for you.

Quote Originally Posted by earlyup View Post
    Julie, count us in on 8. I also have an umbrella, have to figure how to get it there. I will work on that.

SUE B. - I can't find a smiley that is sticking out it's tongue so this is for you.

Most of those umbrellas screw apart in the middle so they are only about 4' long.

Julie count youngmomma and myself plus 2 kids in. I wished I could get the hubby to come but I don't think so.But we'll bring something also but not sure what as of yet.

I can't wait took the gr'kids today to the pool it was fun.But I wasn't aware that you could bring in your own cooler with your goodies in it. There was several that had there own cooler with sandwhich and the fixings to go with it, but you can betcha next time I 'll have stuff for the kids to eat and drink.

Quote Originally Posted by witchflower4 View Post
    Julie count youngmomma and myself plus 2 kids in. I wished I could get the hubby to come but I don't think so.But we'll bring something also but not sure what as of yet.

I can't wait took the gr'kids today to the pool it was fun.But I wasn't aware that you could bring in your own cooler with your goodies in it. There was several that had there own cooler with sandwhich and the fixings to go with it, but you can betcha next time I 'll have stuff for the kids to eat and drink.
    There are 3 of us making sandwiches (that I know of), 2 dozen each. Plus, I bought a box of chips that has 30 little packages in it, and a box of Chocolate Chip cookies that has 36 packages. I think Julie is making PB and J sandwiches, don't know how many..so if you want to add to what we are bringing that would be good, and if you don't that would be O.K. too....sounds like we are going to have a good turnout..

Gotcha back, didn't I?

Most of those umbrellas screw apart in the middle so they are only about 4' long.

Smarty, so tell me SUE GAL, what would you like my crew to bring?

Since you told the children about it, now I have to come!!!!

I don't know how many sandwiches either. lol. I'm going to bring some sodas too.

It looks like we could use some more sweet stuff if anyone wants to bring some.

Oh.. I know something cheap that would be good for someone that might have one of those big 5 gal coolers.. Iced tea. I would make it but I don't have any big containers to put it in.

What if I bring like the Capri drinks or punch drinks or something like that??? Would that help or do you think most would prefer water or soda?

What if I bring like the Capri drinks or punch drinks or something like that??? Would that help or do you think most would prefer water or soda?
    That would be great.

I wish I didn't have to work. I would like to come to Eastland. Take lots of pictures!!!
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...elinecolor.gif

"Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiannon View Post
    I wish I didn't have to work. I would like to come to Eastland. Take lots of pictures!!!
    Call in sick.

TODAY! 6:30 P.M.

Although I will be there, the forecast is for the hottest day of the year...101...

count me in for 4 but we have kin folk coming in so i might bring them also which will be 3 but dont no for sure,,,,

I've got 4 cases of coke, 4 cases of dp, and 4 cases of water, plus a bit ol' thing of tea. If anyone wants anything else, they need to bring it. Also have pb&j sandwiches... well I will have when I get through making them.

Hope to see everyone there!

Please TIP the Redheaded lifeguard!
    Ya'll have fun and don't over heat!
    RJB
    Philippians 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by june View Post
    Although I will be there, the forecast is for the hottest day of the year...101...
    June, my thermometer is already showing 103 and the remote is in the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by gb2grand View Post
    count me in for 4 but we have kin folk coming in so i might bring them also which will be 3 but dont no for sure,,,,
    Bring a few more- you can take our place. We have ended up with 12 so we will be unable to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by cjb View Post
    Please TIP the Redheaded lifeguard!
    Ya'll have fun and don't over heat!
    RJB
    I want to dart over just to push her in the water!!!

We had a great time.It seemed like everybody had a good time.Thanks to everyone that brought food and the but this spin party together.

Just wanted to say THANKS to Julie and all who put this year's spin on. Wish more who said they were coming had been there though!

I think a good time was had by all. I sure enjoyed getting out and visiting with everyone. Thanks to Julie, Dan and George for putting this together.

pictures?
    Warning: The above post probably contains sarcasm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We had a great time. Found out that my 7 week old baby really likes the water!

Wonderful, wonderful time. Thanks to Julie.

Quote Originally Posted by danburrito View Post
    pictures?
    I hope not..

It was one of the best I have attended..Having all the little ones in the pool, laughing and having a good time was worth watching...It was good to see George and his son also..

Thanks to my two buds for making sandwiches, and to Julie for getting it together and set up, and to Texas T for the gazebo..It was a really good, relaxing night..The weather co-operated too.

Wish more who said they were coming had been there though!
    I wanted to be there, but I ended up with a mild sun stroke... I hope everyone had a good time though.

Thanks to everyone who came out, brought goodies and helped set up. Missed those of you who didn't get to come. Thanks to Texas T, The Eastland Centre for the Arts, and Cyotefishing for the use of the portable shade structures. Ended up we had more help from the trees than I expected too, so we had plenty of shade for everything and every one.

I have some pictures and will try to get the ones I have up here pretty soon.