Thread: Yard sale signs

Yard sale signs

Can we not go out and remove all the yard sale signs when your yard sale is over? I know everyone is tired and thoroughly spent when the sale is finished but really ---you put the signs up, take them down when you are through. I love yard sales and love the convenience of the signs out whether it be on the posts or just an old box weighted with a rock. It all works to let us know where the sale is and when. I fear our towns will decide one day that the mess of the old signs left out to clutter will cause someone to decide that we cant have the sale signs out. As our area grows we should consider this. So lets all of us try to make an effort . If you put a sign up then take it down when you are finished. Also then I wont be driving by your house wanting you to be there with your yard sale and it was last month. Duh----

Re: Yard sale signs

Amen sister. I don't read signs or follow any to garage sales because there usually isn't one when we get there.

Also political signs! Still see some out for recent Eastland elections held.....Law says they are to be removed within a certain number of days following the election.

It is also illegal to post any type of sign on a utility pole. Technically the pole belongs to the utility co. and posting sigsn is vandalism.....

Oh come on...I thought after they got wet and plastered to the pole it helped make it more stable

When I lived in Burleson years ago, they had very strict ordinances about garage sales. There was a limit to how many signs you could put out about your sale and you could not attach the signs to any utility poles. You couldn't have more than 2 garage sales a year. You had to get a permit from the city to have a garage sale (think it was $2 for the permit back then). I don't think you could put signs up until the morning of the sale and you had to take your signs down immediately after. I must admit the town looked much neater without the poles looking like a bulletin board and signs not being left around except just before and during the garage sales. If you don't volunteer to do things correctly, some government entity will end up forcing you to do it, and it will cost you money.

I didn't know it was against the law to post flyers on utility poles. Makes sense though. I see numerous missing dog signs posted on utility poles. Of course, I look for them so hopefully I can help keep an eye out to help find the missing critter.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    When I lived in Burleson years ago, they had very strict ordinances about garage sales. There was a limit to how many signs you could put out about your sale and you could not attach the signs to any utility poles. You couldn't have more than 2 garage sales a year. You had to get a permit from the city to have a garage sale (think it was $2 for the permit back then). I don't think you could put signs up until the morning of the sale and you had to take your signs down immediately after. I must admit the town looked much neater without the poles looking like a bulletin board and signs not being left around except just before and during the garage sales. If you don't volunteer to do things correctly, some government entity will end up forcing you to do it, and it will cost you money.
    I think it should be strictly enforced. Perhaps the lady who has all the garage sales over by the hospital every week would see that she is dragging down that area with all the garbage sitting in the front yard & in the carport. That really looks nasty. Have been by when it was raining & have seen all that stuff sitting in the rain. JUST NASTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by earlyup View Post
    I think it should be strictly enforced. Perhaps the lady who has all the garage sales over by the hospital every week would see that she is dragging down that area with all the garbage sitting in the front yard & in the carport. That really looks nasty. Have been by when it was raining & have seen all that stuff sitting in the rain. JUST NASTY!!!
    What should be strictly enforced? Burleson's are strictly enforced but their jurisdiction doesn't reach Eastland. Does Eastland have some ordinances about garage sales?

Why all the shouting?

Quote Originally Posted by curious_george View Post
    Why all the shouting?
    So the hard of seein will notice?
    Don't ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

What did they type?????

Last I knew Cisco has a law about how many garage sales you can have and you have to have a permit. I just dont think they inforce it like they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    What should be strictly enforced? Burleson's are strictly enforced but their jurisdiction doesn't reach Eastland. Does Eastland have some ordinances about garage sales?
    If they do I dont' think its enforced...

Did you know that you can go to this site to see all Eastland city ordinances?

(e) It shall be unlawful for any person to advertise a garage sale more than seven days immediately prior to the first day of such garage sale or more than one day after the last day of such garage sale.

So if it is unlawful to leave the signs up...Why is it not enforced?

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyDog View Post
    (e) It shall be unlawful for any person to advertise a garage sale more than seven days immediately prior to the first day of such garage sale or more than one day after the last day of such garage sale.

So if it is unlawful to leave the signs up...Why is it not enforced?
    Because it's not a priority...

Priority #1 is finding new ways of taxing citizens...

lollollol

Quote Originally Posted by Chin_Chilla View Post
    Because it's not a priority...

Priority #1 is finding new ways of taxing citizens...

lollollol
    And just how much did your city taxes go up?

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    And just how much did your city taxes go up?
    None, yet...

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Did you know that you can go to this site to see all Eastland city ordinances?
    Thanks for the link. I was looking for that but only came up with the new ordinances.

Having a yard sale to sell used yard sale signs!
    Until next time, this is "Crash" signing off!